PDA

View Full Version : ONE MORE TECH QUESTION

Bretsky
01-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Is there a good way to load up Outlook Express on these newer IE versions ? If I'm not mistaken it's not a part of the newer versions.

I suppose I could just go load another mail program but was wondering anyways

On this Emachine Laptop we got for low end surfing and the two new Netbooks there is no mail program. I can't stand MSN/ Windows Mail

Freak Out
01-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Thunderbird is a good option.

http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

red
01-10-2010, 03:30 PM
your big problem is that you're still using IE

that browser sucks so hard. every once in awhile i try it out again, and i always get pissed after a minute or two of waiting around for it

MJZiggy
01-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I know. I got my hard drive reformatted and upgraded at work and I haven't had a chance to re-download FF. I may do that tomorrow before anyone else gets my attention.

Sparkey
01-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Opera also has a built in email client within the browser. Opera, Firefox and Conqueror are all better browsers than IE.

Bretsky
01-16-2010, 10:55 PM
trying to set up Mozilla Thunderbird; for some reason I cant' get anything to send

Any ideas ???

Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server mail.charter.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider.

MJZiggy
01-16-2010, 11:04 PM
You have something checked in your setup that you shouldn't. Go into your e-mail account setup and look for a check box that asks if your server requires authentication and uncheck it.

Scott Campbell
01-17-2010, 08:49 AM
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cannot_send_mail

There's some pretty good support at the Mozilla forums for this.

Sparkey
01-18-2010, 05:22 PM
trying to set up Mozilla Thunderbird; for some reason I cant' get anything to send

Any ideas ???

Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server mail.charter.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider.

uncheck the secure authentication box. SSL I believe. It should use login/password only, unless specifically stated on your email hosts setup instructions

TOOLS
--Account Settings
----Outgoing server (SMTP)

select the outgoing server and click on edit

In Security and Authentication make sure Use name and password is checked and then the Use secure connection radio button selected is NO.

MJZiggy
01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Dats wut I sed.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Dats wut I sed.

fuck..you slept with mobb

MJZiggy
01-18-2010, 08:27 PM
LMAO!!