PDA

View Full Version : Great Defense???

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:04 PM
:lol:

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Hate to say it... but i saw it coming...

I don't blame Jarret Bush, I squarely blame Dom Capers...

Brohm
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanks Dom for implementing the 3-4. Now who takes us over the top against good QBs? :shock:

red
01-10-2010, 07:12 PM
we completely went away from what had been working

blitzing

in games we blitzed in we were dominate. in games we didn't we got eaten alive

we played it save today on d and gave up over 50 points

Bretsky
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM

cause he has a history of being terrible wherever he's been :roll:

At some point the players need to play too

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 07:14 PM
After 17 games you guys still don't get it. The key to the 3-4 is shutting down the run and putting them in 3rd and longs. That's when you blitz.

The D didn't shut down the run game, or anything for that matter. Cardinals faced like 4 third downs all day.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks Dom for implementing the 3-4. Now who takes us over the top against good QBs? :shock:

Has nothing to do with 3-4 defense...

The 3-4 had to be implemented, and when properly designed and executed... could have won us this game.

But ur talking about Dom Capers... he is gutless and timid when his back is against the wall...

Free releases all day... standard 3 or 4 man rushes all day??? Spells timid, coward to me... that's his history.

Truly, I'm amazed they were able to make it close... I am happy for Arizona, b/c to not score 50 + pts against that nonsense??? Well, they wouldn't deserve to move on...

I will be pulling for Arizona and Baltimore the rest of the way.

Joemailman
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Yeah, but you always see something negative coming. You know what they say about blind squirrels.

Brohm
01-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Yes, i wasn't picking on the 3-4. I think Dom did a good job implementing it as well. It's the game planning against top end QBs whcih seems to be a problem...even bigger in the playoffs when they are for the most part all good.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Yeah, but you always see something negative coming. You know what they say about blind squirrels.

Well... lol

I did say I was hopeful... and we would know pretty quickly. I've watch enough Dom Capers coached games... if his inital game plan is aggressive... you're in good shape; but, if he comes out passive - you're going to give up 50 + pts...

Really, to not score 50+ pts against that nonsense would be embarrassing...

pbmax
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
After 17 games you guys still don't get it. The key to the 3-4 is shutting down the run and putting them in 3rd and longs. That's when you blitz.

The D didn't shut down the run game, or anything for that matter. Cardinals faced like 4 third downs all day.
wist has a point, though. If a team has no interest in running (see the second half) then the usual game plan won't suffice.

digitaldean
01-10-2010, 07:23 PM
With the way the D played, we were lucky that Rackers choked on the last FG.

Abyssmal tackling through most of the game.

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 07:25 PM

wist has a point, though. If a team has no interest in running (see the second half) then the usual game plan won't suffice.

I'm waiting for the stats to come out after the game, but my gut feeling watching the game was everytime the Pack blitzed Warner found the open man.

green_bowl_packer
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Matt Giordano??? We're just not that deep and have injuries in the D backfield.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:26 PM

Of course Arizona was going to spread them out... did any of you expect anything different???

You have to man up on the slot receiver, otherwise you're dead from the snap...

Capers didn't do that the whole game... how many punts forced??? 1???

That's embarrassing...

As I said, we would know fairly quickly... didn't take long.

And trust me, Capers... in the next week, will do nothing but praise how great Arizona is, and that his game plan was perfect, and they did the best the could against a great team....

Capers has a long history guys... I'm not playing Nostradomus here.

Brandon494
01-10-2010, 07:27 PM
This defense only looks great against above average QBs, the great ones seem to have career days against us this year.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:28 PM
With the way the D played, we were lucky that Rackers choked on the last FG.

Abyssmal tackling through most of the game.

Everything was open field...

Receivers catching balls in stride... why??? Passive coverage... Capers game plan was to play soft, and he played soft the entire game.

The fact that Arizona had to punt the ball once... well, shame on Arizona - they should be ashamed and embarrassed.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not blaming the defense...

I'm blaming Capers...

pbmax
01-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Of course Arizona was going to spread them out... did any of you expect anything different???

That's embarrassing...

And trust me, Capers... in the next week, will do nothing but praise how great Arizona is, and that his game plan was perfect, and they did the best the could against a great team....

I have seen one Arizona game (other than their two preseason exercises against the Packers), so I had no idea what they would run other than there normal sets. My point was that in this case, the threat of the run was incidental to all the other threats.

wist43
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM

That's embarrassing...

I have seen one Arizona game (other than their two preseason exercises against the Packers), so I had no idea what they would run other than there normal sets. My point was that in this case, the threat of the run was incidental to all the other threats.

I agree...

In this game, against Arizona in a winner take all game, with a HOF QB, and those receivers... of course they're going to spread the field, and put the ball in Warners hands...

This game was all about containing the spread offense, and pressuring Warner... Capers was oblivious on both counts = 51 pts.

And 51 pts??? Should have been more...

Capers is one of those rare coaches... great knowledge, can be great at times - but, when his back is against the wall, his nature is to be passive, and hope the other guy screws up.

By this game alone... Capers should be fired.

TravisWilliams23
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
This team's defense was vastly improved from last years.

The key to it was bringing in Capers and his crew and going
to the 3-4.

There are still some missing pieces to it being a solid, championship
caliber defense. Hopefully those will be added soon.

I don't know of any highly sought after DC's who are available right now,
so I'd just as soon keep Dom and hope TT can get those extra pieces
by next year.

MichiganPackerFan
01-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Gotta say Wist, I'm pretty disappointed in your celebrating this failure. It seems like you'd rather be in the I-told-you-so position and have a loss than have a big playoff win.

wist43
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Gotta say Wist, I'm pretty disappointed in your celebrating this failure. It seems like you'd rather be in the I-told-you-so position and have a loss than have a big playoff win.

As I said in the other thread... I'm not celebrating, I'm pissed. And I was pissed as soon as I saw the defensive game plan.

The switch to the 3-4, along with Rodgers' ascention has given me hope... the NFC was wide open, we had as good a chance as anybody, and for Capers to trot that POS game plan out in a playoff game is inexcusible.

I'm not celebrating the loss... I'm frustrated, pissed, and doing some venting. To me, there's no excuse or rationalization for what Capers did. What I saw on Sunday was 3 hours of sheer defensive stupidity on the part of Dom Capers.

MichiganPackerFan
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM

As I said in the other thread... I'm not celebrating, I'm pissed. And I was pissed as soon as I saw the defensive game plan.

The switch to the 3-4, along with Rodgers' ascention has given me hope... the NFC was wide open, we had as good a chance as anybody, and for Capers to trot that POS game plan out in a playoff game is inexcusible.

I'm not celebrating the loss... I'm frustrated, pissed, and doing some venting. To me, there's no excuse or rationalization for what Capers did. What I saw on Sunday was 3 hours of sheer defensive stupidity on the part of Dom Capers.

Thanks for the response. I believe I softened my tone quite a bit in the other thread once I was able to catch up.