PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 29th - Training Camp Review

PlantPage55
07-29-2006, 09:24 PM
I wrote a HUGE training camp review over at Football's Future. It's really too massive to copy and paste over here...so check it out if you want over here:

From Footballs Future: (http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73633)

Brett Favre – He looks like a kid again out there. Of course, I say that about him every year, but it never fails to surprise me. His passes were all VERY sharp and his decision-making seemed good. He wasn’t afraid to check down to a running back and even took off running when he had no one open. (in practice!!!)

Aaron Rodgers – Was quick to run once or twice during scrimmage. He seems to rely quite heavily on the check downs and is hesitant to make longer passes. He does, however, have the cadence and carries himself like a starter – he just needs to get a little more confident IN the play. His passes were still very sharp. He underthrew a WIDE OPEN Robert Ferguson in scrimmage.

Ingle Martin – By far the name I heard most today, just because people were going “Who’s this #7?” Come on people, pick up a paper. Anyway, his passes were usually sharp – but he overthrows receivers like crazy. It’s amazing…he clearly has a pro caliber arm, but when you watch Wrobel and Ingle in the quarterback drills where they throw back and forth with Brett and Aaron – how much more on target BOTH Favre and Rodgers are.

Favre and Rodgers’ passes consistently hit Martin and Wrobel in the chest area, where Martin and Wrobel’s were often low or high.

Samkon Gado – He looked to be in great spirits and also was never afraid to ask for help. A couple of times he hit the holes with a burst and had one or two long runs. No matter what though, he ALWAYS ran to the end of the field. He does look like he is in great shape now as well.

Noah Herron – Let me just say, I am not a Herron fan like some are. HOWEVER, he definitely surprised me today. Dare I say, he actually showed me some explosiveness and had a good day as well.

Arliss Beach – Had one good run of note. Probably 15+ yards – but on that play I think the offensive line had the most to do with that. He got ate up once or twice besides that.

Najeh Davenport – Had one REALLY REALLY bad drop. The ball just plain hit him in the numbers and ricocheted off his hands. Right in front of Ted Thompson…ouch. TT just shook his head. Naj still looked a little injury hesitant today anyway.

AJ Cooper and Ben Brown both had some bad drops in the flats, BOTH followed by expletives. Heh heh.

William Henderson – His dependable self. Funny story though…a Favre pass sailed HIGH over his head in the flat. Although it was clearly out of reach, Hendy patted his chest as if to say “My bad, everybody…” ha ha…too funny.

All in all, I’m not impressed. I can’t wait to get Ahman Green back as he looks like he wants it so badly out there. He’s also ripped as hell right now.

The Donald – If Brett Favre is the King of Green Bay, then Driver is the prince. EVERYONE loves him and cheer at his every catch. And there’s good reason for it, because he caught EVERYTHING thrown his way – even if it was poor. He’s also the court jester, and would make a great prop comic, because he uses the ball and the sideline flags for endless entertainment of the crowd. He’s pure class. Not only that, but he does a great job of being a leader, motivator, and TEACHER for the other WRs

Greg Jennings – I may sound like a broken record, but everything you’ve read about this kid is true. He has great hands, and made what was perhaps the best adjustment of the day in individual drills. He went left with a post pattern, looked into the air for the ball, and quickly spun and took two steps back to the right to catch it. He beat Woodson on a crossing route and would have taken it a LONG ways if it were a real game. I also watched his feet in amazement, as his route running IS as precise as prescribed. He’s my “WINNER of the Day”

Marc Boerighter – Surprisingly, my number 3 WR of the day. He looks even bigger in person, than they tell you. He caught a deep - ball in 1-on-1 after beating out Horton (I think). Otherwise, nothing amazing, but he was very consistent.

Robert Ferguson – ah Robert…the story is the same with him. He has talent. He showed flashes, but that injury is clearly still bothering him. He stepped to the sidelines after not being able to finish a route in individual drills. He looked hesitant for a little bit after that, but then came back strong in the second half of practice. He caught one on the sidelines, but was ruled out. I couldn’t see it from where I was after he came down, but he did a little posturing to the crowd and they quickly took his side against the ref. He felt he was pushed out. Then, as I mentioned earlier, he absolutely TORE through the secondary and was streaking – would have scored had A-Rod not underthrew him...

Ruvell Martin and Cory Rodgers – Very routine...a drop or two…and didn’t CHALLENGE for the ball in 1-on-1.

Francies and Russell both had a few drops – both on slant routes where they beat the corner inside, but couldn’t catch the ball.

Bubba – looks to be in great shape. He did have a false start during scrimmage and seemed totally embarrassed. However, in individual drills, he showed some TE speed and was VERY fluid in making a deep over the shoulder grab. Impressed, was I.

Lee and Martin – very routine…nothing stood out

Zac Alcorn – Made a tough catch between his knees. He juggled it, but caught it.

O-LINE

Chad Clifton – looked to be in especially good shape.

Daryn Colledge – very impressive for a rookie today. Very little got by him.

Jason Spitz – eh, not so much. Mediocre. Handled some, got worked by others. He looks the part though, so I think he’ll step it up sooner or later.

As a whole, they made some surprisingly nice holes for Gado and Beach. Othertimes, they fell apart and got Beach, Gado, and Najeh killed. They gave Herron enough to work with whenever he ran. In pass blocking, they held their own, and only had Favre and Rodgers in danger once or twice.

However, there is a DEFINITE gap between the awesomeness of our OTs and the mediocrity of our OGs…that’s to be expected though. I say this, because the DEs couldn’t do much…and the DTs were often penetrating first.

Corey Williams – looks really lean and mean. I was surprised at his enthusiasm and condition.

Pickett – As most of you probably know, was in a car accident, but just in case you don’t…he was in a car accident and wasn’t there.

Cullen Jenkins – He absolutely WRECKED whoever he was going up against on one scrimmage play. He burst through and drilled Beach.

Our DTs looked great. Maybe that was the interior line’s doing, but whatever the case, they looked enthusiastic and active. A breath of fresh air from the usual garbage piles every used to have to step around as they were actually practicing. Keeping them in rotation could produce great things.

Aaron Kampman – looked like a leader and often gave advice (even to Woodson at one point! )

Otherwise…where were they?! They didn’t show much explosiveness at all…and I’m hard pressed to think of anything KGB did. Montgomery had an offsides penalty at one point and was immediately replaced.

AJ Hawk: He’s a rockstar. Everyone cheered and eyes were always on him. Somebody should have told him it was in the 90s for temperature, because he was wearing long sleeves. Heh heh. Anyway, he looked quick, decisive, but only one play STOOD OUT at me. He would have blown up one of the FBs on one play, but I don’t remember who it was. Even though he didn’t have any BIG plays, he was always in the vicinity of the ball and practiced hard. They had him doing everything…punt coverage…punt blocking…and he was in EVERY First team defensive set…even as the lone LB.

Barnett: He helped out Hawk on his first day, and looked good in coverage. He ran hard and was always around the ball as well. He and AJ will be fighting for tackles if he’s not moved to the outside.

Abdul Hodge: ALWAYS worked at 2nd team MLB. He looked very cerebral and diagnosed the play very well. He only aided my opinion (one of my few opinions that I will sit strongly on) that he should eventually be made MLB and Barnett SSLB. He would have absolutely LIT Ben Brown up on one pass – had Brown actually caught it.

Tracy White – Made a great play on an Arliss Beach run.

Goodwell – Awesome pursuit on a Jennings reverse. That’s it though.

Ben Taylor didn’t do anything exceptional, but was always there.

I feel like I’m being redundant, but REALLY all our LBs swarmed to the ball. If our DTs can keep blockers off of them even halfway decently, it’s going to be an exciting year for our LBs.

Charles Woodson – Very on and Off. Disappointed me just a little. My first impression of him was great though, because while the offense and defense were separate he was not at all afraid to ask questions of both the coaches and players. I like his attitude – he really seemed like he wanted to help the team become a strong unit.

His play, on the other hand, let’s just say it was a little rusty. A little better than Cliff Christl made it seem yesterday, but not great. First drill, he gets burned by…someone I can’t remember and didn’t write down, but I remember he grabbed the WRs arm flagrantly (probably almost jokingly, because he was beat so bad) and the whole crowd just groaned. From then on he was okay, but never made a play on the ball.

Then, in 7-on-7, as I stated above – Jennings toasted him. However, not long after that, he covered Cory Rodgers like a damn blanket! It was very impressive…and this was the play that Favre had to scramble on. Cory tried every thing he could but Charles was his shadow as they zig-zagged around the secondary. THAT play impressed me. Charles never got to make a play on any ball though

Al Harris – Got beat BADLY in individual drills by Jennings (I think…) Otherwise did a regular job.

Carroll – Again, burned RIGHT AWAY. That seemed to be the story of our CBs. They all got burned the first time up. Carroll was pretty handsy…as always…but never got called for anything. I’m not worried, unless refs start specifically targeting him again. He also didn’t talk any crap, like he usually does.

None of the other corners stood out at all to me. I think it’s pretty obvious that our starters are Al and Charles. Then Ahmad. Then Hawkins. Then it’s just kind of…bleh, for everyone else. I wish Blackmon wasn’t sidelined…I’m excited to see him.

Safeties…on the other hand…

Nick Collins – Looked simply OKAY in 1-on-1. He was step for step with the WR one time, was beat on the other, but the ball was out of reach of the WR. In 7-on-7 he was always active and hustling…but still never able to make a big play or stand out. Hopefully, that means it was solid play…heh heh

Marviel Underwood – I think he stood out and played admirably. He made the interception on the underthrown Rodger’s pass…although he did let Ferg get by him. From my point of view, the CB got burned and Marviel simply broke on the pass rather than stay with Ferg…I don’t think the burnage was Marviel’s fault. It seemed that every time a safety made a play, I was looking at the number 25…

I just wish I could have seen Marquand Manuel step in there to compare them. Marviel looked better in coverage than he did last year…I remember shaking my head at him during the Baltimore game last year, but his play seems MUCH improved.

Tyrone Culver – He didn’t seem to be in position to MAKE a lot of plays. BUT his hustle was absolutely outstanding. He ran into his position between plays, lost his SHOE in pursuit from one side of the field to the other, and just seemed like he wants a roster spot pretty badly.

Tra Boger – Looked like he knew what he was doing too, but also, didn’t make any plays.

All-in-all, with Manuel thrown into the mix, I think we may be surprised by our safety play as well. I’ll be watching these guys closely during pre-season games.

Now...I know everything that I said sounded overly positive. After reading that, you'd think I thought we were going to go and mow our way to the superbowl. But remember, I am keeping in mind that it's the first week...we're all a little rusty.

I do, however, think that these practices are a full head above what I saw last year out of Sherman's practices.

I saw more enthusiasm. I saw A LOT less standing around. I saw more yelling and motivating (LB coach Winston Moss is great!)

Take this as a comparision:

Sherman practice: assisstant's throw passes to WRs in individual drills.
McCarthy practice: QBs throw to WRs, even in individual drills.

McCarthy's practices rarely have one unit working solely by itself...unless it's necessary - like OL blocking dummy drills. I really think this team is more lively, and will...by the end...have better chemistry and cohesiveness.

Whether they can actually produce versus other teams remains to be seen.

Partial edit - Added that for you. Thanks for the write-up!

BallHawk
07-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Pshhhh. Who needs Christl when we have you? Great report, man, good to have you here.

FavreChild
07-29-2006, 09:35 PM
"Where's Chatman???"

Tee hee! :cool:

EXCELLENT. Thank you for the thorough report, darlin'.

FavreChild
07-29-2006, 09:37 PM
"Who needs Christl when we have you?"

I know...it's such a pity that there are media folks who get paid to "dumb it down" while the unsung hereos go unrecognized for such quality reporting.

At least y'all will get a lot of gratitude here at PackerRats.com. We're good at sucking up. :cool:

Rastak
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM

I know...it's such a pity that there are media folks who get paid to "dumb it down" while the unsung hereos go unrecognized for such quality reporting.

At least y'all will get a lot of gratitude here at PackerRats.com. We're good at sucking up. :cool:

Then again you'll sometimes get a report indicating Hawkins == Deion Sanders with the avaergae Joe doing the reporting.....

BallHawk
07-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Some impressions from your report:

1. We have a player called Arliss, just plain awesome.

2. I'm ordering my Driver jersey as we speak, I love the guy.

3. Jennings could be the year's best rookie WR.

4. Cullen Jenkins is gonna have a breakout year.

5. Spitz is gonna bust. Anybody have his photo from Packer picture day? I wanna see what it looks like.

6. Hodge, Barnett, Hawk. Starting LB's. I'd be fine with Taylor, too.

7. I hope Gado starts, he is just such a good guy. If his talent matched his spirit he'd be an all-star.

OKC PackerFan
07-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Great reporting.

You got that right.

FavreChild
07-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Then again you'll sometimes get a report indicating Hawkins == Deion Sanders with the avaergae Joe doing the reporting.....

Oh, QUIET, YOU!!! :wink:

Dammit, training camp is for hopes and dreams, blah, blah, blah.

Besides, no one has gone quite that far (Hawkins = Sanders)...yet.

Fosco33
07-29-2006, 09:51 PM
I wrote a HUGE training camp review over at Football's Future. It's really too massive to copy and paste over here...so check it out if you want over here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73633

Very nice. I liked that it seemed that Aaron is growing up. I think another year under Brett is just what he needs (even if last year Brett said it wasn't his job to coach him).

Good to hear that Jennings/Hawk are looking good for the first weekend - I bet there were a lot of butterflys in those guys' stomaches.

It'll be interesting to see the Hodge situation play out - I wonder if they'll give him any runtime w/ the #1 team as TC progresses.

Did they practice any more special teams? You mentioned Hawk on coverage - I'm interested in kickoff/punt returns. That was a big weakness last year greatly affecting starting postion. Look back to '96 and that was one of our greatest strenghts as my memory recalls. Was it Woodson and Jennings - or others? Anything of note as yesterday there seemed to be a lot of drops...

Thanks again-

Fos

PlantPage55
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
yeah...I did put a discretionary note in there in case I got TOOOOOO positive
:)

I'm just happy it's football season...

Fosco33
07-29-2006, 09:53 PM
5. Spitz is gonna bust. Anybody have his photo from Packer picture day? I wanna see what it looks like.

A little early... give them 3-4 weeks of additional coaching and live situations.

I'll be happy to grade the Charger game from the stands - then we may be able to say bust/no bust... :smile:

PlantPage55
07-29-2006, 09:53 PM
As far as special teams go...they didn't actually do any punt blocking...it was more like walkthrough stuff.

The Special teams lined up...Stock yelled something...then they snapped the ball...the punter caught it and threw it...mimicking a punt, but nobody moved full speed or finished anything

Harlan Huckleby
07-29-2006, 10:15 PM
the report was so good, I feel like I attended the practice.

of course if you are fibbing, I'll never know.

PackerPro42
07-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Green and Davenport we NOT there. What the heck? That is just another reason why they should not resign Green at the end of the Year.

HarveyWallbangers
07-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Green and Davenport we NOT there. What the heck? That is just another reason why they should not resign Green at the end of the Year.

What?

Green is injured and it's always been estimated that he'd come in a couple of weeks into camp. He was at the practice field. Davenport was there and practiced.

Willard
07-30-2006, 12:36 AM
The thrill is not gone! Long live Thrillhouse or PlantPage or Led Zeppelin or whatever you call yourself. That report was outstanding!

It will be interesting to determine if our DT rotation is really very good, or if they simply look good playing against our interior OL!

the_idle_threat
07-30-2006, 12:40 AM
I agree. Thanks for the TC report!

ND72
07-30-2006, 01:15 AM
One part of hte report I have to TOTALLY agree with. I was at Friday's practice and Chad Clifton looks amazing. Looks to be in seriously great shape, and really seems to know what is going on. I've never been a fan of Clifton as a run blocker in Sherman's scheme, but he is an animal in the zone scheme. I'm very impressed with Chad.

Oh, one other thing...Corey Williams...YEAH, I was really impressed with him too the other night. was running all over the field...laughing, screaming, doing everything. happy to see that.

ND72
07-30-2006, 01:41 AM
also, i wanted to note, from friday, Aaron Rodgers was pretty impressive to me. Had extremely good touch on the ball and put probably 80-90% of every pass where it needed to be. This offseason i've really become a Rodgers supporter.

Martin seems to have a pretty good upside to him as well.

Wrobel, sorry if i sound like a hater with him...but i'm not a fan of his...maybe it's because i was in the huddle with him at Winona STate and he was a jerk, but eh...he'll be on the roster til they don't need 4 QB's anymore, and then he'll be cut...but will probably make a practice squad.

RashanGary
07-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Thanks alot...It's nice to see Jennings is looking just as good in pads as he did in shorts. I know Hawk is the prize of this draft but I think we have ourselves Antonio Freeman with better hands and a better work ethic.

He is so natural running, catching, adjusting, balance, explosiveness ect...Everything he does just looks fluid and easy. He never looks surprised by the ball. He just looks, adjusts adn catches and always in the easiest, most fluid way. I'm a big fan needless to say.

Thanks alot for the report. I saw some of the same at OTA's.

BallHawk
07-30-2006, 09:15 AM

Dude, Green is an extremely hard worker. He's been working his ASS of in rehab and from what I read looks ripped, he wants to be back on the field more than anybody, so I'd reserve my judgement until he actually starts playing.

PackerPro42
07-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Green is always ripped. Driver is one big muscle though. HOLY CRAP. Now that dude is built. Franks looked good too.

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 09:38 AM
Awesome personal report, PlantPage55!

but. .???

"Pickett – As most of you probably know, was in a car accident, but just in case you don’t…he was in a car accident and wasn’t there."

Can you or anyone here explain this contradiction? :?:

GBRulz
07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Green is always ripped. Driver is one big muscle though. HOLY CRAP. Now that dude is built. Franks looked good too.

I think it's because Driver always tucks his jersey up into his pads, thus revealing those fab abs. I have a feeling that if Green wore the same thing for practice, he'd leave Driver in the dust.

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 10:19 AM
ALL Quotes from PlantPage55:

Led Zepplin still RULES !! :cool:

" The Donald – If Brett Favre is the King of Green Bay, then Driver is the prince. EVERYONE loves him and cheer at his every catch. And there’s good reason for it, because he caught EVERYTHING thrown his way – even if it was poor. He’s also the court jester, and would make a great prop comic, because he uses the ball and the sideline flags for endless entertainment of the crowd. He’s pure class. Not only that, but he does a great job of being a leader, motivator, and TEACHER for the other WRs"

TWO Word's : Star Packer!

I love Donald Driver - " the Package ".

" Greg Jennings – I may sound like a broken record, but everything you’ve read about this kid is true. He has great hands, and made what was perhaps the best adjustment of the day in individual drills. He went left with a post pattern, looked into the air for the ball, and quickly spun and took two steps back to the right to catch it. He beat Woodson on a crossing route and would have taken it a LONG ways if it were a real game. I also watched his feet in amazement, as his route running IS as precise as prescribed. He’s my “WINNER of the Day” "

TWO Word's: LOOKING GOOD !

" Marc Boerighter – Surprisingly, my number 3 WR of the day. He looks even bigger in person, than they tell you. He caught a deep - ball in 1-on-1 after beating out Horton (I think). Otherwise, nothing amazing, but he was very consistent. "

TWO Word's - Very encouraging.

" Bubba – looks to be in great shape. He did have a false start during scrimmage and seemed totally embarrassed. However, in individual drills, he showed some TE speed and was VERY fluid in making a deep over the shoulder grab. Impressed, was I. "

TWO Word's : NEED HIM !!

" Cullen Jenkins – He absolutely WRECKED whoever he was going up against on one scrimmage play. He burst through and drilled Beach. "

TWO Word's - BREAKOUT SEASON

" Marviel Underwood – I think he stood out and played admirably. He made the interception on the underthrown Rodger’s pass…although he did let Ferg get by him. From my point of view, the CB got burned and Marviel simply broke on the pass rather than stay with Ferg…I don’t think the burnage was Marviel’s fault. It seemed that every time a safety made a play, I was looking at the number 25… "

TWO Word's: He's READY.

"I saw more enthusiasm. I saw A LOT less standing around. I saw more yelling and motivating (LB coach Winston Moss is great!) "

TWO Word's : GREAT ATTITUDE !

PlantPage55

TWO Word's: OUTSTANDING REPORTER :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS GO !!!!!

MadtownPacker
07-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Wow, that was a kick ass report Plantpage55. It was like almost being there.

Oscar
07-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Great read Plantpage! I hope you don't get rained out on your next trip. I'm looking forward to reading your next write up on TC. :D

PackerPro42
07-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I read somewhere that Driver only has 3% body fat.

Badgepack
07-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Great report PagePlant55, thanks so much.
This reporting is on par with Studs and Duds from the OTAs.
Where the hell is gbpackfan?
So much better insight from a fan's point of view than the professional writers.
Thanks again.

Scott Campbell
07-30-2006, 05:04 PM

Cannibal Monthly reported that.

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 05:20 PM

Cannibal Monthly reported that.

You'll have him Googling Scott. :mrgreen:

PlantPage55
07-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I was going to do a "Studs/Duds" thing but I didn't want to copy him, and also I had little things I HAD to say about certain players that weren't necessarily studs or duds....and then I could have just added those to a miscilaneous section...but then it would be EXACTLY like studs and duds...heh heh

;)

Partial
07-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Any updates from tonight's practice?

MJZiggy
07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Was just watching this morning's interviews on packers.com. In Ahmad Carroll's piece, they were talking about their daily schedule. In his valium-like voice he said, "It's a 16-hour day, so it's not bad." :shock:

GBRulz
07-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Found these updates for today......

Leach stops blitzing Hawk in his tracks
One of the more spirited portions of Sunday night's practice was a blitz pickup drill in which linebackers had a running start against running backs.

The drill elicited loud cheers from fans, and hoots and hollers from the players. Some of the highlights:

Backup fullback Vonta Leach picked up rookie linebacker A.J. Hawk and put him on his back.

Rookie linebacker Abdul Hodge demolished running back Arliss Beach.

Undrafted free-agent linebacker Tim Goodwell beat veteran Najeh Davenport.

-- Pete Dougherty, reporter, Green Bay Press-Gazette
posted by PackersNews.com at 8:00 PM 0 comments

Sprinkler interrupts night practice
A sprinkler in the northwest corner of Clarke Hinkle Field went off unexpectedly during a kickoff drill a half-hour into Sunday night's practice.

The Packers continued to practice.

Some fans lined up along the fence on South Oneida Street got wet. The sprinklers ran for about a minute before being shut off.

-- Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette
posted by PackersNews.com at 7:14 PM 3 comments

Packers go back outside for night practice
The Packers were back out on Clarke Hinkle Field at 6:30 p.m. for the start of a practice with the players wearing full pads. The rain and overcast skies from earlier in the day were replaced by sunshine and humid conditions.

The Packers signed tackle Todd Williams, a 6-foot-5, 332-pounder from Florida State. Williams, who will wear No. 53, was drafted by the Tennessee Titans in the seventh round in 2003. He played in six games in 2004, then was released last September. He was signed in January by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, then was released.

Williams worked out for the Packers on Sunday morning and was signed later in the day.

— Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette
posted by PackersNews.com at 6:51 PM 0 comments

Favre doesn't practice Sunday morning
Quarterback Brett Favre, running back Najeh Davenport and tackle Chad Clifton did not participate in practice Sunday morning. Coach Mike McCarthy wanted to give those players some rest. Davenport and Clifton underwent off-season surgery, while Favre is nursing a sore ankle. McCarthy said he expects Favre to participate in the night practice.

Second-year player Will Whitticker played left tackle with the starting offense on Sunday morning. Whitticker, who started at guard last season as a rookie, has been shifted to tackle.

Adrian Klemm entered camp as the top backup at left tackle but he injured his Achilles' tendon Saturday and was carted off the field. McCarthy said he hasn't received the report from the doctors yet on Klemm but should know the extent of the injury later in the day.

Receiver Rod Gardner, who didn't participate in the first two days of camp because of a sore hamstring, practiced on Sunday morning.

For the second time in three days, Jon Ryan had considerably more distance than B.J. Sander in punting drills. Ryan out-punted Sander on Friday, but there were no punting drills on Saturday.

-- Mike Vandermause, Green Bay Press-Gazette
posted by PackersNews.com at 12:44 PM 0 comments

Partial
07-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Great sig GBR