PDA

View Full Version : FINLEY

Brandon494
01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Just had to give this guy some love....

He prob has the best hands on this team and seems to always come up huge in the big time games. Also love how he never seems to run his mouth but instead just stare down the defender after a big catch.

packers11
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
STUD. I'm glad we can have him and A-Rodg for the next 10 years... GOOD DRAFTING T.T. on the offense side of the ball ...

retailguy
01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
bright spot on offense!

ICU81MI
01-10-2010, 08:26 PM
He and Rodgers are difference makers on offense.

b bulldog
01-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Best O player other than 12

Joemailman
01-10-2010, 08:29 PM
And he's only 22. Hard to thing of another player who improved as much in one year.

retailguy
01-10-2010, 08:30 PM
And he's only 22. Hard to thing of another player who improved as much in one year.

that's scary. really scary.

denverYooper
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
6 catches for 159 yards today. His catch while getting completely mugged was a huge play.

Utterly ri-dic-u-lous! I'm looking forward to him wreaking serious havoc for years to come.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Favorite things about Finley (in no particular order):

1) How he stares down defenders after catching passes while being mugged.
2) Jump balls in the end zone.
3) His age.
4) His chip shots on pass rushers right before he goes out on his routes from the traditional TE position. (He leveled another guy yesterday!)
5) How he stares down defenders after catching passes while being mugged (I know I already said it once, but I really like that).
6) His study habits that showed up in the offseason (thank you Nick Barnett or whomever it was who was reported to have taken Finley under his wing).

mission
01-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't get how we don't throw the ball to him 25 times ??? :o

MacCool606
01-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Plays like a man amongst boys

BF4MVP
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
From Tom Pelissero's postgame chat:

[Comment from Jobu]
Mark my words, Finley will be an Antonio Gates-like weapon next year. I can't wait for a full year of utilizing him right.

Tom Pelissero: Finley is better than Gates right now, and I'm not speaking in hyperbole. He's that good. The 44-yard catch when he was interfered with was unreal. And again, 150-something yards when he was doubled all day. That's nuts.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 10:58 AM

They were doubling him and chipping him on routes the first half. An effective triple team. That's why.

mission
01-11-2010, 11:00 AM

They were doubling him and chipping him on routes the first half. An effective triple team. That's why.

So why wasn't he split out in the first half?

We came out double tight/double wide all first half...

That's not our team. I don't care if the score being different would have created a different result.

That's not our team.

We are a spread em out, passing offense and we played completely against that in the first half.

We played too cute.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 11:04 AM

That's not our team. I don't care if the score being different would have created a different result.

That's not our team.

We are a spread em out, passing offense and we played completely against that in the first half.

We played too cute.

I don't know about that. Finley's been very effective from the traditional TE spot on the line. Not only can he get out on routes, but he's really good at chipping pass rushing DEs too. That's four or five or six times he's pancaked a defender on a chip.

mission
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM

That's not our team.

We played too cute.

I don't know about that. Finley's been very effective from the traditional TE spot on the line. Not only can he get out on routes, but he's really good at chipping pass rushing DEs too. That's four or five or six times he's pancaked a defender on a chip.

All I know is that Finley went in at half time and whether it was politely or not, demanded that he get split out to open up the passing.

Now there are a ton of variables, but that's exactly what happened all the way around.

Who knows, but he needs 15-17 targets a game until that actually proves detrimental.

Make someone stop him.

Patler
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
The last player the Packers had who could consistently out-fight DBs for the ball was Walker, and he did it only for one season due to injuries and discontent. Nice having that again.

elkopackfan
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM
He is going to create many great mismatches for years to come. It's quite a luxury to have a TE like that.

Brandon494
01-11-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d815a5785/Wild-Card-Jermichael-Finley-highlights

Finley highlights from the game.

3irty1
01-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Remember when he blocked the entire Arizona Cardinals on that long run by Ryan Grant? I don't think its an over reaction to call him the best TE in the world right now.

gex
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Favorite things about Finley (in no particular order):

1) How he stares down defenders after catching passes while being mugged.
2) Jump balls in the end zone.
3) His age.
4) His chip shots on pass rushers right before he goes out on his routes from the traditional TE position. (He leveled another guy yesterday!)
5) How he stares down defenders after catching passes while being mugged (I know I already said it once, but I really like that).
6) His study habits that showed up in the offseason (thank you Nick Barnett or whomever it was who was reported to have taken Finley under his wing).

2nd

mission
01-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Remember when he blocked the entire Arizona Cardinals on that long run by Ryan Grant? I don't think its an over reaction to call him the best TE in the world right now.

There's no one I'd rather have at that position. TT hasn't really gotten much credit for this but he's playing like a top 10 pick guy. :D

denverYooper
01-12-2010, 10:02 AM

+1

I'm already excited for next year.