View Full Version : A sickening statistic

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Warner's numbers on passes between the numbers

21-22, 289 yards, 5 TD

Makes me want to puke

BF4MVP
01-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Yeah Warner was finding holes in the zone on those crossing patterns all day...

That sucked.

packers11
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
felt like the steelers game part 2...

packers down, huge comeback, but couldn't find a way to stop BIG-BEN...

:(

Kiwon
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
The Cards played at a different speed from our guys tonight. Their receivers seemed to be always get past our defenders.

Of course, all that blitzing of Warner did very little good. He only missed on 4 passes.

wist43
01-10-2010, 11:32 PM

21-22, 289 yards, 5 TD

Makes me want to puke

Go to the thread I started... they're trying to defend it :lol:

Brandon494
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
I dont think there is no more doubting Warner as a future Hall of Famer.

Scott Campbell
01-10-2010, 11:35 PM
The Cards played at a different speed from our guys tonight. Their receivers seemed to be always get past our defenders.

Of course, all that blitzing of Warner did very little good. He only missed on 4 passes.

In the first half it looked more like a bunch of blown coverages. Guys weren't getting out run, the were left uncovered.

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 11:36 PM

In the first half it looked more like a bunch of blown coverages. Guys weren't getting out run, the were left uncovered.

Yep. The Cardinals kept stacking receivers and the Packers did a terrible job of diagnosing who was gonna cover who.

ICU81MI
01-10-2010, 11:40 PM

No, no one is trying to defend it. Your approach of blitz everyone until you generate pressure is foolish. So you send 7 guys and get heat? So what, they connect they score a TD play after play.

No one is arguing that the defense worked today. They're saying the answer isn't to fire Capers and start over. They're also smart enough to recognize that the Cardinals were simply better today, pressure or not. They blitzed, contrary to what you are saying, and didn't get home. They dropped into coverage and were also burned. Basically it wasn't there day and they were out manned in any way the game was called.

At some point your player has to be bigger, stronger and more athletic than the other guys to win. We weren't. It's as simple as that. Their isn't any sense in making it any more complicated than that.

pbmax
01-11-2010, 12:48 AM

21-22, 289 yards, 5 TD

Makes me want to puke

The title to your thread is Fire Capers. I doubt posters are defending the passing statistics.

Two of the TDs were on blown coverages. Another TD on two blown tackles. The scheme wasn't working, but it wasn't the only failure.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 08:06 AM

21-22, 289 yards, 5 TD

Makes me want to puke

The title to your thread is Fire Capers. I doubt posters are defending the passing statistics.

Two of the TDs were on blown coverages. Another TD on two blown tackles. The scheme wasn't working, but it wasn't the only failure.

Not only that, but when Warner's on he has the best three step drop in the league. He's sharp and accurate and quick. That's why no matter how much blitz was sent, it wasn't doing any good. That rendered Clay ineffective.

CaliforniaCheez
01-11-2010, 10:13 AM
2 time NFL MVP with multiple Super Bowls and over a dozen playoff games.

There are only a few in the league that good but you will always meet them in the playoffs.

denverYooper
01-11-2010, 11:10 AM

21-22, 289 yards, 5 TD

Makes me want to puke

Not to mention that Warner dropped a few in even when the coverage was tighter than prom night.

Spaulding
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM

I don't think there was even before this game. Something like 8-3 in the playoffs with the 2nd highest QB rating behind Bart Starr. Also a two time MVP winner as well as having won one SB and barely lost two others.

Heck, if Jim Kelly made it then I'd have to believe Warner is in. Then again, if based purely on passing yards and passing TD's, you might have a point.

RashanGary
01-11-2010, 12:01 PM
The problems have been identified.

Pass rush, secondary depth and coaching. We got schooled, hopefully we learn from it.

ThunderDan
01-11-2010, 12:19 PM

I don't think there was even before this game. Something like 8-3 in the playoffs with the 2nd highest QB rating behind Bart Starr. Also a two time MVP winner as well as having won one SB and barely lost two others.

Heck, if Jim Kelly made it then I'd have to believe Warner is in. Then again, if based purely on passing yards and passing TD's, you might have a point.

He disappeared in the middle of his career. If you are great enough to be a HOF player you shouldn't drop off for years to bounce back. Also, if you look at his STL numbers they basicly had T Green and Bulger that were able to get the same production out of the greatest show on turf before and after. If Trent Green doesn't hurt his knee Warner is probably never heard of.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM

He disappeared in the middle of his career. If you are great enough to be a HOF player you shouldn't drop off for years to bounce back. Also, if you look at his STL numbers they basicly had T Green and Bulger that were able to get the same production out of the greatest show on turf before and after. If Trent Green doesn't hurt his knee Warner is probably never heard of.

Also comparing his QB rating to Starr's is ridiculous. There have been two major overhauls of passing rules between Starr's career and Warner's second career in Arizona. One was in 1978 and one was in 2005. Both of those overhauls resulted in dramatic increases in QB stats and ratings. So it's ludicrous to say that Warner is second best all time based on ratings. He's been helped out by the rule book. I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just saying that's a bad comparison.

Also, Elias Sports Bureau designed the QB rating to be an effective stat over the course of a season. So it drives me nuts every time someone talks about a QB's rating over a quarter or a half or even a full game. It's not designed to measure spurts or how hot a QB is. It's designed to measure efficiency across many games.

:soap:

MichiganPackerFan
01-12-2010, 11:00 AM
2 time NFL MVP with multiple Super Bowls and over a dozen playoff games.

There are only a few in the league that good but you will always meet them in the playoffs.

he didn't deserve either one of those MVP's standing behind that offensive line in STL with those receivers and a more deserving MVP in his RB Faulk. Shit, I could put up those numbers with those tools, and I suck at Madden. against the computer. On easy. Ray Lewis deserved the other stolen MVP.