PDA

View Full Version : In the last decade. What was the worst loss

packers11
01-10-2010, 11:27 PM
In playoffs -

I'm still going 4th and 26...

PS: Do we have a curse or some shit? We have some of the worst playoff losses out of any team, to many nail bitters on the wrong side of the ball :(

Bossman641
01-10-2010, 11:33 PM
PS: Do we have a curse or some shit? We have some of the worst playoff losses out of any team, to many nail bitters on the wrong side of the ball :(

I just mentioned this to my brother earlier. If you want to include regular season, you can also throw in the Big Ben game from this year.

The only close miracle finishes we've won during the same time were the Freeman shoulder catch vs Vikes on Monday night and the Harris OT return vs Seahawks.

Brandon494
01-10-2010, 11:33 PM
T.O. last second catch.....

Rice had fumbled a few plays before and the fact Steve Young almost tripped on the play then throws a perfect pass. :evil:

Scott Campbell
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
The Philly game stings me the most, as we seemed to completely outplay them all game.

bobblehead
01-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Losing for the first time ever at lambeau in the playoffs to Atlanta. This hurt a lot, but it leaves me very optimistic for the future and next year particularly.

I think Harris comes back and I'm bucking popular opinion in saying Kampman is back, starting and effective next year.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
Losing for the first time ever at lambeau in the playoffs to Atlanta. This hurt a lot, but it leaves me very optimistic for the future and next year particularly.

I think Harris comes back and I'm bucking popular opinion in saying Kampman is back, starting and effective next year.

Yeah, but Harris will be a year older and won't hit his stride until mid season a la Tauscher, and Woodson will be a year older as well. That's what worries me. There's no time like the present, and there's no guarantee that the Pack will be this hot next year. What if DD loses a step? What if Jennings gets hurt?

red
01-11-2010, 08:51 AM
i'm really not all that upset by the loss yesterday. i'm at peace

i was furious early in the game for the way we started, but you have to be impressed by the players and coaches for coming back from 21 points down to put the thing into overtime

team showed a hell of heart to fight back

i would pick the giants game. we were a team of destiny that year. favre and MM were lights out and everything was clicking

Administrator
01-11-2010, 08:53 AM
4th and 26 was the end of an era. that was way more painful.

MOBB DEEP
01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
was TO 9ers game this past decade?

Vick da great wrecking lambeau mystique for me

NFCCG at dallas when reggie went off on camera man all time worse for me

MichiganPackerFan
01-12-2010, 10:24 AM
the 4th & 26 led me to drink more tequila than any of the other games and THAT was painful.

I'm trying to keep perspective on this loss. The core and talent of the team is YOUNG and should be a top team for a most of the decade. We have a quarterback who MAY make us think, "hey, do you remember that Brent guy who used to throw all the interceptions? Those were some rough years... Playoff choke after choke after choke..." I'm excited about next year. I think Rodgers will be a top MVP contender. I just wish we didn't have to wait soooo damn long for the season to start.

mmmdk
01-12-2010, 11:48 AM
The game in Philly - no doubt. I could not imagine watching this again.

Add losses vs Falcons and Vikings too.

The game in Arizona is already a playoff classic...that I'd have no trouble watching again and I will !

My brother is a die hard Saints fan and he has much praise for Packers this season and he's actually relieved that his guys are up against the Cards on saturday.

But he has no love for McCarthy - says he'll only take you this far. I agree.

Whisenhunt is a smarter coach; so beware Saints :D

I still say Saints over Bolts in SB.

CaliforniaCheez
01-12-2010, 11:51 AM
The worst was the loss to the low life purple slime.

The most disappointing was losing to Atlanta in 02 when the Packer locker room was suffering from the flu.

Pugger
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I voted 4th and 26 cuz that team might've gone farther than this year's Pack. The 2007 NFCCCG has a brutal ending. But the one game I still cannot stomach watching replays of is Super Bowl XXXII :cry:

Joemailman
01-12-2010, 12:03 PM
Giants loss. Win and you're in the Super Bowl. Plus, if the Packers had won the Super Bowl, Favre might have really retired, and we'd have avoided all the bad blood of the last 2 years.

VegasPackFan
01-13-2010, 02:17 AM
4th and 26. Because of that play, the punt on 4th and 1 with the best OL and run game that year, and the God awful throw it up for a prayer play in OT by Favre. Just sickening...

channtheman
01-13-2010, 02:21 AM
4th and 26. Because of that play, the punt on 4th and 1 with the best OL and run game that year, and the God awful throw it up for a prayer play in OT by Favre. Just sickening...

I think early in that game we were up 14-0 and we went for a TD on 4th and 1 at the 1 instead of kicking a field goal to put us up 3 possessions. I think that failed attempt later persuaded Shermy to not go for it later in the game. Ughh. I just voted the Favre INT in OT against the Giants, but I think I'd like to retract my vote and put it on this game.

MichiganPackerFan
01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Giants loss. Win and you're in the Super Bowl. Plus, if the Packers had won the Super Bowl, Favre might have really retired, and we'd have avoided all the bad blood of the last 2 years.

Really interesting thought there. Wouldn't have had to deal with losing twice to the Vikes this year. Really hope he plays at least one more season to give us a shot at revenge.

sheepshead
01-13-2010, 08:24 AM

I said 4th and 26 but geez thats a good point. I yelled and groaned the loudest and longest at 4th and 26 however.

MadScientist
01-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Had to go with the Giants game. Killer loss, when a win = SB.

The T.O. game doesn't fit the 'last decade' of the subject line - either that
or the other 3 don't.

packers11
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
k ... I take that back... Vikings have a curse or something... 6-7 fumbles? lol...

I'm actually kind of glad the packers lost in the wild-card instead of the NFC-Championship round / Super Bowl... That would be unbearable...

Gunakor
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
I'm actually kind of glad the packers lost in the wild-card instead of the NFC-Championship round / Super Bowl... That would be unbearable...

If they reached the divisional round, they'd have been expected to lose to New Orleans. If they'd have won that game and made the NFCCG, they'd have been expected to lose to the Vikings. If they won THAT game and made the Super Bowl, they'd have been expected to get pounded by the Colts. It's easier, for me anyway, to swallow a loss when we're the underdog.

The Cardinals? That game we were expected to win. Losing a game we were supposed to win is always the toughest.