PDA

View Full Version : Overtime would never have happened

Tony Oday
01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
if we had a kicker that could make a kick!

besides that GREAT year by the Pack not happy how it ended but F it!

We will only get better in the off season and we are on the upswing not the downswing.

GO PACK GO!!!!

packers11
01-10-2010, 11:51 PM
You could say the same thing for the Cards...

This season just isn't a good season for kickers (for some reason)...

Ex : Cincy (Yesterday) , Dallas (folk) , Skins (missing a 20 yarder to beat saints), Pats kicker today, Ravens kicker this season...

Tony Oday
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
You could say the same thing for the Cards...

This season just isn't a good season for kickers (for some reason)...

Ex : Cincy (Yesterday) , Dallas (folk) , Skins (missing a 20 yarder to beat saints), Pats kicker today, Ravens kicker this season...

true...though I remember a time in Packer lore when kickers MADE kicks...

F Crosby and his "misses" he will get them right next year!

BallHawk
01-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah. Any kicker who misses a 54-yarder should be cut on the spot. That's a chip-shot.

Scott Campbell
01-11-2010, 07:36 AM
I thought he made up for it with the on sides kick.

CaliforniaCheez
01-11-2010, 08:02 AM
It was such a close game that it would not take much to change the outcome.

Rodgers INT

Driver's fumble

The blatant facemask penalty on Rodgers on the final play.

Drops by Driver and Jones

Some over throws by Rodgers

Getting 7 instead of 3 before halftime

The missed (wide right again) FG

Bigby getting injured, Harris, Blackmon, Lee, and Kampmann injuries

Dom Capers being unable to adjust his defense to the glaring weakness being exploited.

Bush and Underwood playing.

Getting in a hole and having to abandon the run.

Just a couple different outcomes on a couple different plays would make the difference.

In the broad picture if 45 points is not enough to win you deserve to lose.

Tony Oday
01-11-2010, 08:04 AM
true! But I really wanted Crosby to make that one dang it ;)

mraynrand
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM

I agree. More than made up for it. And Stubby was a fool for trotting Crosby out there for a 54 yarder. It's a tough kick for a struggling kicker in struggling game and if you miss, you give up field position. Stubby would have been better served punting or going for it with his offense.

Scott Campbell
01-11-2010, 08:20 AM

I agree. More than made up for it. And Stubby was a fool for trotting Crosby out there for a 54 yarder. It's a tough kick for a struggling kicker in struggling game and if you miss, you give up field position. Stubby would have been better served punting or going for it with his offense.

If not for his leg strength, why keep Crosby if not to try on 54 yarders? You certainly aren't keeping him because he's deadly accurate from 45.

mraynrand
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM

If not for his leg strength, why keep Crosby if not to try on 54 yarders? You certainly aren't keeping him because he's deadly accurate from 45.

I hear ya, but he's been struggling and his numbers from beyond 50 this year were terrible. Based on stats, Stubby knew it was highly likely he was going to miss it. And that puts you in bad field position. I'm just saying it was the wrong call, not that Crosby (or whatever PK the Packers have) shouldn't be able to make it.

Patler
01-11-2010, 08:36 AM

I hear ya, but he's been struggling and his numbers from beyond 50 this year were terrible. Based on stats, Stubby knew it was highly likely he was going to miss it. And that puts you in bad field position. I'm just saying it was the wrong call, not that Crosby (or whatever PK the Packers have) shouldn't be able to make it.

It comes down to understanding your team and players. Blind faith is nice, but it often leads to failure.

red
01-11-2010, 08:42 AM
he missed a long one early in the game, and missed it by inches

but the onsides kick was perfect

he also had a nice tackle on one return, where he wasn't the last guy to beat. he actually ran past one of our own guys to make the hit

i won't for a second blame this one on crosby, not when the other team hangs 50+ points on us and we spot them 21 points during the game

Patler
01-11-2010, 08:47 AM

he also had a nice tackle on one return, where he wasn't the last guy to beat. he actually ran past one of our own guys to make the hit

i won't for a second blame this one on crosby, not when the other team hangs 50+ points on us and we spot them 21 points during the game

Those are some of the many reasons there are for sticking with Crosby, having patience with him and his development. All of his misses from the right hash mark look identical, and barely miss, for the most part. The consistency is incredible, which would seem to indicate that it is correctable.

pbmax
01-11-2010, 10:08 AM

Those are some of the many reasons there are for sticking with Crosby, having patience with him and his development. All of his misses from the right hash mark look identical, and barely miss, for the most part. The consistency is incredible, which would seem to indicate that it is correctable.
He might need a new voice in his head indicating what correction to make. He made that correction last week (shorter kick) but got the draw on it. Yesterday, same fade as earlier.

Smidgeon
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
true! But I really wanted Crosby to make that one dang it ;)

That kick was such a tease. First it started out, then came back in, then went back out for the miss. Just like the game. It was a depressingly symbolic kick...

sharpe1027
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM

The way our defense was playing the added field position probably just meant more time being ran off by the Cardinals before they got their 7.

Patler
01-11-2010, 10:20 AM

He might need a new voice in his head indicating what correction to make. He made that correction last week (shorter kick) but got the draw on it. Yesterday, same fade as earlier.

I agree. I read that he is self-coached. Has never used a kicking coach. Might be time to go see one this off-season.

denverYooper
01-11-2010, 10:43 AM

That was bad ass. Crosby is one of the better kickers at the onside, I'll give him that.

In fact, I'll credit the 7 to Crosby for that clutch onside.

denverYooper
01-11-2010, 10:47 AM

The way our defense was playing the added field position probably just meant more time being ran off by the Cardinals before they got their 7.

Agree. In retrospect, I have no beef with that kick given the way the D played.

KYPack
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Tell me you weren't happy when Rackers missed his late kick!

That was like getting money from home when you didn't even write Mom a letter.

MichiganPackerFan
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Any other time i would agree. I though McCarthy went all in for points and to get his team back into it, jsut like with the onsides kick. Warner was tearing up the defense and he needed SOMETHING. And it didn't matter where Warner started, the 20 or 50, he was not being stopped at all.