PDA

View Full Version : Rolle wants no part of Aaron Rodgers again

packers11
01-11-2010, 12:09 AM
pft.com

Rolle wants no part of Aaron Rodgers again

Posted by Mike Florio on January 11, 2010 12:58 AM ET
Cardinals safety Antrel Rolle got a taste of Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on Sunday, a week after facing him in Week 17.

And Rolle has no interest in a third helping.

"Let me tell you something - that dude is scary," Rolle said of Rodgers, per Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. "We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.

"I don't ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious. I'll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again."

Rolle gets his wish on a day coming later this week, when the Cardinals go to New Orleans for a division-round playoff game.

(And we've got a feeling someone will share Rolle's observations with Brees.)

Though the compliment likely won't do much to make Packers fans feel better about a bad season turned good but ultimately gone bad, Rodgers seems to be doing a great job of replacing Brett Favre.

And Rodgers has plenty of football left in him.

Tony Oday
01-11-2010, 12:15 AM
AR for the win!

Scott Campbell
01-11-2010, 12:16 AM
Wow.

Administrator
01-11-2010, 08:49 AM
that's high praise right there.

mraynrand
01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Rodgers lit the Cardinal defense up like a Christmas tree. It was a stunning display for the ages. Two feet away from one of the all-time most amazing comeback victories in football history. What a performance.

red
01-11-2010, 09:03 AM
if that pass was just a touch softer or lower, he would have thrown for over 500 yards with 5 tds

thats insane. even his numbers without that pass are amazing. 422 yards and 4 td's. with the only int coming on the first drive of the game

Spaulding
01-11-2010, 11:13 AM
He started out slow but then was pretty much lights out. Flat out amazing. If he would have only thrown the deep ball like he usually did (high arc versus flat trajectory) he could have sealed the deal with one of those hits to Jennings.

Lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda and ultimately disappointing but amazing none the less.

mission
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
if that pass was just a touch softer or lower, he would have thrown for over 500 yards with 5 tds

thats insane. even his numbers without that pass are amazing. 422 yards and 4 td's. with the only int coming on the first drive of the game

Unbelievable.

I need to get outside, go do something. :arrow: