PDA

View Full Version : Who gets to SB? NFC

sheepshead
01-11-2010, 07:32 AM
I think the two best coaches in the NFC play in NO next week and the winner of that game will go to Miami.

sheepshead
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
ditto

denverYooper
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Arizona.

Although they might have to rely on Brees throwing a pick on the first play to get there... :oops:

mngolf19
01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Vikes losses all played on grass. They will get to the SB but then lose due to playing on grass.

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 09:36 AM
I think the two best coaches in the NFC play in NO next week

AGREED

Maxie the Taxi
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Dallas. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It pains me to say it, but Dallas is on a roll and relatively healthy. They're used to playing on a carpet and they match up well against Farve and the Vikes. They already beat New Orleans in NO. They'll get to the SB and this time they'll take it to San Diego.

And I will hear about it all year long from the gloating morons who are Dallas fans.

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM

It pains me to say it, but Dallas is on a roll and relatively healthy. They're used to playing on a carpet and they match up well against Favre and the Vikes. They already beat New Orleans in NO. They'll get to the SB and this time they'll take it to San Diego.

And I will hear about it all year long from the gloating morons who are Dallas fans.

My fear too....all week ive been telling myself that i cant allow myself to suffer a letdown by letting my disdain for dallas skew my understanding of jus how good they are right now...

DAYUM!

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM

It pains me to say it, but Dallas is on a roll and relatively healthy. They're used to playing on a carpet and they match up well against Favre and the Vikes. They already beat New Orleans in NO. They'll get to the SB and this time they'll take it to San Diego.

My fear too....all week ive been telling myself that i cant allow myself to suffer a letdown by letting my disdain for dallas skew my understanding of jus how good they are right now...

DAYUM!

Don't be a hater. It's just entertainment after all.

Bossman641
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM

DAYUM!

Church.

Just like denzel.

Freak Out
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Dueling polls.

woodbuck27
01-15-2010, 04:46 PM
It's one week at a time but here is my take.

First of all it's difficult to win in the NFL on the road. Dallas is at Minny and Minny is 8-0 at home so far this season. The Vikings are rested and will be ready to handle the Cowboys. The Vegas line is Vikings -3 (3 Point favourites) the last time I looked. Common sense dictates that given the forementioned and the fact of the Vikings formidable offense and running game that they will prevail in this match-up in a high scoring game.

The Vikings will go to the NFC Championship game.

The Arixona Cardinals @ NO Saints match-up is interesting even though Vegas has New Orleans at -7 at last glance. Again it's difficult to win on the road but the Cardinals, as I re-call, did well on the road this season. Another factor is where will the Saints be in terms of on or off this week as they finished skidding? The Arizona Cardinals are coming off a very emotional win over the Packers and with less that six days rest. Also the Saints are lacking more than the Packers on defense.

This one is tough to read and call but I'll go with the Saints huge offense and the fact that their home and playing a team that is coming off an emotional high that may have been draining.

So it will be the Vikings at the Saints in the NFC final.

I never bet against Brett Favre teams and this season in case you've missed it. He's on a mission.

The Vikings will go to the Super Bowl.

Pugger
01-15-2010, 07:59 PM
The Vikings offensive line has been offensive and their D is not the same without middle linebacker E.J. Henderson. Dallas has been playing great and went into New Orleans and beat the Saints in their building. As much as it pains me I'm hoping the Girls beat the MN. :P I don't root for a divisional rival and I didn't root for the bares in SB XLI either.

esoxx
01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
They will get to the SB but then lose due to playing on grass.

True. Hard to play good ball while hitting the chronic.

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 08:12 PM

My fear too....all week ive been telling myself that i cant allow myself to suffer a letdown by letting my disdain for dallas skew my understanding of jus how good they are right ow...

DAYUM!

Church.

Just like denzel.

AWESOME...both u and Mj

im CRACKING up...

and HONESTLY as God is my witness, when I heard an interview with ant spencer earlier and reflected on an interview with ware this year i was reminded that the only REAL difference with these cats is who drafts them. HARD to hate on those cats. nice guys who happen to be members of a team i didnt like ONLY b/c they wrecked the pack in the 90s. If i lived in dallas.....

point taken so lets all remember that

lol tho @ church, like denzel

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 08:22 PM

DAYUM!

marry me; i love a clever broad

gbgary
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM

dallas?? i think so too. but we'll see. their only questionable spot is the fg kicking.

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 09:17 PM

DAYUM!

marry me; i love a clever broad You're cute and all, but my heart still belongs to Fritz.

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM

dallas?? i think so too. but we'll see. their only questionable spot is the fg kicking.

True, but they have a lot of good company there.

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 09:58 PM

DAYUM!

marry me; i love a clever broad You're cute and all, but my heart still belongs to Fritz.

i been dying to meet a hoodRAT and u live close to me so we gota make it happen just for laughs....

how far are u from arundel mills?

pm me if its that crucial

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 10:01 PM
45 minutes (2 hours if it's near Christmas and I have to go to the Lego store. Next year it's totally Tysons--even if that much money makes me wanna hurl)

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
45 minutes (2 hours if it's near Christmas and I have to go to the Lego store. Next year it's totally Tysons--even if that much money makes me wanna hurl)

You're in annapolis right?

I love tysons II, get all my lacoste gear from there. Ure right, nothing's ever on sale lol

Im starting to think ALL the home teams will win this weekend

MJZiggy
01-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Wrong direction. Go west. Is there anything good on sale at Ikea?

MOBB DEEP
01-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Wrong direction. Go west. Is there anything good on sale at Ikea?

dang, not from here so "go west" is puzzling. fredicksburg?

or the ikea near colleg park?

MJZiggy
01-17-2010, 10:19 PM
There's a whole lotta Maryland west of Bowie. I was referring to College Park, yes.

sheepshead
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
conf championship picks

gbgary
01-20-2010, 08:08 PM
conf championship picks

saints

Gunakor
01-21-2010, 01:08 AM
conf championship picks

New Orleans, but it'll be close. I'm less confident in this pick as I am in the Colts over the Jets.

sheepshead
01-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Saints in a shootout. Still waiting for Favre to start chucking it all over the place.

mngolf19
01-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Just can't see a shootout. Vikes D is too good for that. Barring turnovers or ST scores, Vikes win. And in that scenario, NO can't score more than 24.

ThunderDan
01-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Just can't see a shootout. Vikes D is too good for that. Barring turnovers or ST scores, Vikes win. And in that scenario, NO can't score more than 24.

GB put up 23 in MINN and 26 at home against the Vikes. Some how I can easily see NO put up those numbers. If Bush goes off again I could see them reach 40 very easily.

gbgary
01-21-2010, 07:04 PM

GB put up 23 in MINN and 26 at home against the Vikes. Some how I can easily see NO put up those numbers. If Bush goes off again I could see them reach 40 very easily.

i agree.

packerbacker1234
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't see how the saints can stop teh vikings either. Indeed, this could be a shootout, and whoever has the ball last may be the winner. Of course, we say that, and it will magically become a defensive battle. Both the vikings and saints this year have ahd games where they looked barely better then average.

And yes, this is during some of the saints wins when they were still playing for something. If Washington was somehow able to stop that offense of the saitns, you could easily see how the vikings could.

EIther case, I am betting this is more like a 34 - 27 type game, and really could go either way. The team that turns the ball over less wins.

mngolf19
01-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Since Bush hasn't been able to do that twice all season..... And my opinion is that NO lives off big plays and I don't think they'll get many. Packers are obviously more familiar with Vikes and in the second game were willing to throw more short passes. Pack also has better D so Vikes could eat up the clock on NO and keep them off the field. AP will have a very good game. Barring fumble of course. :roll:

ThunderDan
01-22-2010, 01:09 PM

Since Bush hasn't been able to do that twice all season..... And my opinion is that NO lives off big plays and I don't think they'll get many. Packers are obviously more familiar with Vikes and in the second game were willing to throw more short passes. Pack also has better D so Vikes could eat up the clock on NO and keep them off the field. AP will have a very good game. Barring fumble of course. :roll:

I think AP needs to have a good game or the Vikes are in trouble. It will be crazy loud in NO and Minn will have to run a silent snap count.

hoosier
01-22-2010, 01:50 PM

You watch them more than I do, but I have seen nothing this year that would say that Minnesota's pass defense is anything but mediocre. Even their vaunted run defense showed a few chinks in the armor. Now they have lost their top linebacker. Their best defensive back is recovering from a broken foot and is still unable to push off with full effectiveness, and so he is being confined to nickel back. Kevin Williams and Edwards are both less than 100% because of knee injuries.

What are you basing this idea of the Vikings defense being "too good" on?

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 01:51 PM

Disagree that NO lives off of the big plays. They live off of creating mismatches out of multiple formations and letting Brees exploit those mismatches. Their passing attack is usually spread 'em thin, hit 'em quick, and let the receivers/backs work their mojo.

Further:
Minny has more plays of 40+ than NO in the passing game(13 - 11) on the year.
Minny has more total plays of 20+ than NO (rush + pass): 86 - 85
NO has 1 more rush attempt (468 - 467) than Minny
NO has 2,106 yards on the ground to Minny's 1918
Drew Brees set the record for QB completion pct this year (70.6%) - that would not be a product of an offense that relied on the big play. Only 1 man more methodical than Brees right now and he's in the AFC Championship Tilt

I agree that Peterson needs a lot of touches and a reversion back to pre 2009 form in this game. The Vikings pass rush also needs a big day against an underrated offensive line playing at home and a very quick-on-his-feet QB. Not saying they won't, I just don't think you can that battle up to Minny's front 4 just yet.

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 01:53 PM

You watch them more than I do, but I have seen nothing this year that would say that Minnesota's pass defense is anything but mediocre. Even their vaunted run defense showed a few chinks in the armor. Now they have lost their top linebacker. Their best defensive back is recovering from a broken foot and is still unable to push off with full effectiveness, and so he is being confined to nickel back. Kevin Williams and Edwards are both less than 100% because of knee injuries.

They remind me some of Seattle's pass rush in '07 - beastly at home with the crowd advantage or playing against backups, but just ok on the road against a decent unit.

mngolf19
01-22-2010, 04:04 PM

What are you basing this idea of the Vikings defense being "too good" on?

They're on turf. Vikes are REALLY different on turf. And while they won't have the crowd on their side, they will be able to apply more pressure both up the middle and from ends than nearly everyone NO played this year. It's not about how good their DBs are, it's about the pressure they can apply with the DL. Kevin will be fine, and Edwards practiced thurs and fri so we'll see on him.

mngolf19
01-22-2010, 04:06 PM

Disagree that NO lives off of the big plays. They live off of creating mismatches out of multiple formations and letting Brees exploit those mismatches. Their passing attack is usually spread 'em thin, hit 'em quick, and let the receivers/backs work their mojo.

Further:
Minny has more plays of 40+ than NO in the passing game(13 - 11) on the year.
Minny has more total plays of 20+ than NO (rush + pass): 86 - 85
NO has 1 more rush attempt (468 - 467) than Minny
NO has 2,106 yards on the ground to Minny's 1918
Drew Brees set the record for QB completion pct this year (70.6%) - that would not be a product of an offense that relied on the big play. Only 1 man more methodical than Brees right now and he's in the AFC Championship Tilt

I agree that Peterson needs a lot of touches and a reversion back to pre 2009 form in this game. The Vikings pass rush also needs a big day against an underrated offensive line playing at home and a very quick-on-his-feet QB. Not saying they won't, I just don't think you can that battle up to Minny's front 4 just yet.

I'm not saying that MN doesn't have more big plays, just that I think NO needs them to score high. And they will now have to against a very tough pass rush. And most of their bad run D lately has been when they're on grass.

mngolf19
01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
All that being said, Harvin has a migraine again and if he can't play it will make things very tough for MN.

sheepshead
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Last guy with the ball wins!