PDA

View Full Version : Giordano

PackerPro42
01-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Bigby's absence hurt the secondary a lot. A back-up, like Aaron Smith, would have been nice to have in that game. Giordano was absolutely sickening to watch out there. Granted, I know Bigby wasn't playing all that well, but we couldn't afford to have a back-up in there. Especially one like Giordano.

mission
01-11-2010, 01:47 PM
His absence hurt the secondary a lot against the Cardinals. A serviceable back-up, like Aaron Smith, would have been nice to have in that game. Giordano was absolutely sickening to watch out there.

I felt the same about Bigby.

mraynrand
01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
It's refreshing to have a new thread about Bigby.

PackerPro42
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
It's more about the back-ups than Bigby.

mraynrand
01-11-2010, 01:54 PM

Backups to a backup can't be good. Giordano, Bush, Underwood. You didn't want to see much if any of them this season. All three at the same time is a disaster.

PackerPro42
01-11-2010, 01:56 PM

Backups to a backup can't be good. Giordano, Bush, Underwood. You didn't want to see much if any of them this season. All three at the same time is a disaster.

Bingo

mission
01-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Now that you changed the thread title, I guess you're right :wink:

SkinBasket
01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Bigby's absence hurt the secondary a lot.

I think I just laughed so hard I peed on my leg. Good stuff. :lol:

Brandon494
01-11-2010, 03:46 PM
I love how Anothy Smith has a few good preseason games and how everyone thinks he would have saved our season.

Give me a break, there is a reason he was cut not only by us but also by the Rams.

I agree we need better depth at the safety position but Smith is not the answer.

Bretsky
01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I hope to be proven wrong; but I've noted over and over that IMO Bigby is a slightly below average starter and thought he'd get exposed in the playoffs. My guess is he'd fall in in the 15-25 range if measured against all his starting competitors.

The fact that we lose so much when he comes out of the game to me is more of an indicator of the shit we have behind Atari than him being such a good player. Bigby is certainly a NFL Calibur player; but I'd like to see him as a backup on the Packers.

Giordano........really........is that the best we can find ?

Patler
01-11-2010, 06:36 PM

In a word - "Yes."
Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman are taken! :lol:

In Giordano's defense, he himself was injured earlier in the game, and it may have affected his speed and quickness (if he in fact has any!).

get louder at lambeau
01-11-2010, 06:44 PM

In a word - "Yes."
Marquand Manuel and Mark Roman are taken! :lol:

In Giordano's defense, he himself was injured earlier in the game, and it may have affected his speed and quickness (if he in fact has any!).

And Derrick Martin is the primary backup. He's been out for a couple weeks. Giordano = 3rd string.

KYPack
01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
The pizza boy was a zip code away from his guy on a couple scores.

Bretsky
01-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't care how old he is; Is Allen Rossum still on a team :?:

pbmax
01-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't care how old he is; Is Allen Rossum still on a team :?:
Yes, he got picked up after a release this year.

Bossman641
01-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Giordano...makes a mean deep dish pizza