PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan

Smidgeon
01-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Rex Ryan has no class as a coach and the football gods should make him pay for his arrogance with a series of cruel and devestating blowout losses. When reacting to the news that Woodson won the DPOY, did he congratulate Woodson on a season well played? Oh boy, did he ever not:

Rex Ryan surprisingly unimpressed with DPOY vote
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 12, 2010 3:53 PM ET
When Jets coach Rex Ryan heard that Darrelle Revis finished behind Charles Woodson in the Defensive Player of the Year voting, he reacted calmly with congratulations.

Okay, we made that up.

Ryan was pissed and didn't try to hide it.

"A number that I think is interesting is eight. No, that's not the amount of touchdown passes Green Bay gave up against Arizona. That's the amount of touchdown passes we gave up all season. The biggest reason for that is Darrelle Revis."

Ryan's full comments can be seen here, but you get the idea. Here's one more good one.

"I wasn't going to comment on it," said Ryan. "You know what I would like? I would like to congratulate the people who voted for Darrelle Revis, those guys obviously really know the game."

----------------------

A coach shouldn't be stumping for his players to win individual awards. The individual shouldn't have to stump for it. Ryan may be a good coach (in fact, I'm sure he is), but his sheer arrogance is revolting to me.

pbmax
01-12-2010, 03:28 PM
I'll bet Rex gets upset at fan balloting for the Pro Bowl every year. :lol:

He's just stumping for his player, most coaches do it, each according to their personalities. Mike Wahle resented that Sherman and staff seemed to do it for Marco Rivera, but not as much for him.

Smidgeon
01-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I'll bet Rex gets upset at fan balloting for the Pro Bowl every year. :lol:

He's just stumping for his player, most coaches do it, each according to their personalities. Mike Wahle resented that Sherman and staff seemed to do it for Marco Rivera, but not as much for him.

Most coaches may stump for their players, but I don't remember anyone doing it the way he has. And I especially don't remember one trying to undermine the person who won the award by making fun of the unit from the game before (when he referenced the Arizona game). That was incredibly unprofessional. He needs to not piss and moan to the media. Stand up straight, admit Chuck deserved it for his play across the year even if he doesn't think so privately, be comforted that it wasn't a blowout vote the same way Manning's MVP was, and let it go. It was very bush-league. Like everyone who makes a living in professional sports, he's a role model. Part of a role model's role (and everyone else's for that matter) is good sportsmanship. He doesn't have an ounce of that.

woodbuck27
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
Not taking one thing away from Charles Woodson's awesome season and getting the defensive MVP nod but I get Rex Ryan. He's only standing up for his own. Plenty here will understand that concept. :D

I saw about four Jet games this season and D. Revis is definitely a shutdown CB. He doesn't give away alot and most times nothing.

Smidgeon
01-12-2010, 04:47 PM
Not taking one thing away from Charles Woodson's awesome season and getting the defensive MVP nod but I get Rex Ryan. He's only standing up for his own. Plenty here will understand that concept. :D

I saw about four Jet games this season and D. Revis is definitely a shutdown CB. He doesn't give away alot and most times nothing.

He can stand up for his own without being so unprofessional.

ThunderDan
01-12-2010, 04:52 PM

His hatred will make the Jets lose this weekend. Karma ya know.

J-E-T-S! JETS, JETS, JETS!!!

red
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
shut down corners do one thing, thats it

al harris did the same damn thing a few years ago, he shut down every top named player on the game. remember all that talk from other teams wr saying he was the best?

he didn't win DPOY

ndasini nGAsumunga, did the same thing last year. shut down everyone, his numbers were insane. teams wouldn't even try and look his way

there was no outrage when he didn't win

IMO, this is the new york media and its fans doing what it always does. to them there are no other sports teams in the world, only the ones in new york

new yorkers are better then all of us and can do everything better. didn't you know

Smidgeon
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM

I've been calling on the football gods to incur karma ever since his team--the one that needed both the Colts and the Bengals to rest their starters in defeats to get into the playoffs--said that his team should be favored to win the Super Bowl and went as far as to hand out schedules to his team that included a victory Super Bowl parade. I get the part about having faith in his team, but I think he just goes too far.

Patler
01-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I have no problem with a coach standing up for his player, but he can do it tactfully, with class, or he can do it in a way that is classless. From what I read, his remarks tend toward the classless end of the spectrum. He managed to insult not only Charles Woodson, but also every voter who did not vote for Revis.

ThunderDan
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM

I've been calling on the football gods to incur karma ever since his team--the one that needed both the Colts and the Bengals to rest their starters in defeats to get into the playoffs--said that his team should be favored to win the Super Bowl and went as far as to hand out schedules to his team that included a victory Super Bowl parade. I get the part about having faith in his team, but I think he just goes too far.

That was a Favre thread reference!!! Poetic justice for Favre if the Jets win the Superbowl this year.

LP
01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Rex will end up just like his old man. Very good defensive coordinator. Average to poor head coach. Complete asshole as a human being.

Freak Out
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Ryan is just another annoying windbag. Don't we play them next year?

woodbuck27
01-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Ryan is just another annoying windbag. Don't we play them next year?

Rex Ryan is definitely in his own class when it comes to what he believes in his team and players. That has to do alot to Jack the Jets up for games. Rex Ryan is a very positive HC. :D

mngolf19
01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
If your a fan of his team or your a player that plays for him, you probably love this. Everyone else, not so much. Personally, I don't really care one way or the other what he says.

MadtownPacker
01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Fuck that gabacho estupido! Hater in a major way.

Iron Mike
01-12-2010, 06:11 PM
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/asshat.jpg

channtheman
01-13-2010, 01:03 AM
I'll tell you what wasn't professional, our defense on the field Sunday. Say what you want about Ryan and what not but his team is moving on in large part because of their defense while our team is sitting at home twiddling their thumbs over a fucking award.

Smidgeon
01-13-2010, 07:57 AM
I'll tell you what wasn't professional, our defense on the field Sunday. Say what you want about Ryan and what not but his team is moving on in large part because of their defense while our team is sitting at home twiddling their thumbs over a fucking award.

Not the point of this particular thread.

MichiganPackerFan
01-13-2010, 08:28 AM
shut down corners do one thing, thats it

al harris did the same damn thing a few years ago, he shut down every top named player on the game. remember all that talk from other teams wr saying he was the best?

he didn't win DPOY

ndasini nGAsumunga, did the same thing last year. shut down everyone, his numbers were insane. teams wouldn't even try and look his way

there was no outrage when he didn't win

IMO, this is the new york media and its fans doing what it always does. to them there are no other sports teams in the world, only the ones in new york

new yorkers are better then all of us and can do everything better. didn't you know

Nice post.

Rex Ryan is a classless asshole. It's sour grapes. Can't imagine he has a long term head coaching future ahead of him. I want to punch both him and the Whiner Whisenhunt in the genitals.