PDA

View Full Version : DC Packerrats

arcilite
01-13-2010, 06:14 PM
I know there are a few here, we have 8 months until the start of next season to plan our get together when the Packers come play the Redskins.

Who is joining me?

MJZiggy
01-13-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm in.

Freak Out
01-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I can get to DC easy enough so I'd be interested. Plus Ziggy owes me a beer or three.....or four.

red
01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
I can get to DC easy enough so I'd be interested. Plus Ziggy owes me a beer or three.....or four.

i think you'd have better luck if you try and buy her a few drinks

Brando19
01-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm about 5-6 hours from DC and had planned on going to the game, but with the news of the wife's pregnancy...plans have changed. Maybe next time.

MJZiggy
01-13-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm about 5-6 hours from DC and had planned on going to the game, but with the news of the wife's pregnancy...plans have changed. Maybe next time.

Life lesson best learned early: This is what grandparents are for.

MichiganPackerFan
01-14-2010, 09:28 AM
One way or another I will be there - already in talks with a couple of new friends here about going, so even if I don't join the group, I'd love to meet up. Does anyone know what the tailgating regulations are at FedEx?

arcilite
01-14-2010, 04:24 PM
One way or another I will be there - already in talks with a couple of new friends here about going, so even if I don't join the group, I'd love to meet up. Does anyone know what the tailgating regulations are at FedEx?

I've only been there once and that was 4 years ago. I don't remember anything harsh at all, we were all drinking out in the open. You can also get a pretty early start at fedex as well

MJZiggy
01-14-2010, 06:01 PM

I've only been there once and that was 4 years ago. I don't remember anything harsh at all, we were all drinking out in the open. You can also get a pretty early start at fedex as well

I hear you kind of have to because getting there is a beast!

arcilite
01-14-2010, 06:11 PM

Where in DC you at?

Brando19
01-14-2010, 07:42 PM

Life lesson best learned early: This is what grandparents are for.

:lol: Thumbs up on that advice.

SnakeLH2006
01-15-2010, 03:07 AM
What ever happened to the 2009 PackerRat game?

MichiganPackerFan
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM

Where in DC you at?

We're in Alexandria. There's no convenient metro stop for FedEx, is there?

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM

Maybe you should just move over to MD....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011400076.html

arcilite
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM

Where in DC you at?

We're in Alexandria. There's no convenient metro stop for FedEx, is there?

Somewhat. Get off at Morgan BLVD on the blue line and then walk to the stadium. Kind of a lengthy walk, but not too bad if the weather is nice

GBRulz
01-17-2010, 10:34 PM
That's awesome. I didn't realize how many of you guys lived near DC.

I have to find the Atlanta crowd for when the Pack plays down here next season!

MichiganPackerFan
01-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Does anyone here in DC hit the Hawk n Dove on Pennsylvania for the Packers games? Stopped in there over the weekend and is sounds like the get a large Green Bay following on Sundays during the season.

arcilite
01-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Does anyone here in DC hit the Hawk n Dove on Pennsylvania for the Packers games? Stopped in there over the weekend and is sounds like the get a large Green Bay following on Sundays during the season.

Never been to a bar to watch the Packers games, I've always had Sunday ticket to keep me busy. Might be willing to venture and hang out with the general public next season though

MJZiggy
01-19-2010, 09:16 PM

I'm dreadfully offended that my kid has been to the Hawk and Dove, but I have not. I have heard the same. (I thought it was on 9th st.) They are on the waiting list to host Packer meetups and bill themselves as a Packer bar.

MichiganPackerFan
01-20-2010, 07:42 AM

I'm dreadfully offended that my kid has been to the Hawk and Dove, but I have not. I have heard the same. (I thought it was on 9th st.) They are on the waiting list to host Packer meetups and bill themselves as a Packer bar.

It's between 3rd & 4th on Pennsylvania. I guess they've been hosting games for four seasons now. Have a packer flag outside, and some stuff inside too. Heard it gets Packed. (pun intended)

Brando19
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
I'll DEFINITELY be at the Carolina game in 2011.

MJZiggy
03-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Armands medium deep dish half mushroom, half mushroom and sliced tomato. Nirvana.

MichiganPackerFan
03-25-2010, 12:43 PM
sounds great - local chain?

we spend an old town weekend this last weekend. Sat perched on a second floor balcony, had fresh oysters and 32oz beers and people watched. was GREAT!!

MJZiggy
03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Yep. Armand's is local. There's half a dozen or so locations around town. Old town sounds wonderful. If it weren't supposed to rain all day tomorrow, I'd think about that for date night. Need something cool to do on Saturday during the day though. I'm thinking of the Georgia O'Keefe collection at the Phillips.

Brandon494
03-25-2010, 07:30 PM
I live in Richmond VA only a few hours away from D.C. Lucky for me all my friends are Redskin fans and have season tickets so I usually go to about 2 to 3 games a year away. I will defineitely be at the Redskins game this season but I'll be so drunk I'd probably embarrass myself if I met any of you. :lol:

Freak Out
03-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I live in Richmond VA only a few hours away from D.C. Lucky for me all my friends are Redskin fans and have season tickets so I usually go to about 2 to 3 games a year away. I will defineitely be at the Redskins game this season but I'll be so drunk I'd probably embarrass myself if I met any of you. :lol:

Hell....we'll all get drunk to make you feel comfortable.

MJZiggy
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM

So how would this be any different than the last gathering then?

Brandon494
03-25-2010, 07:39 PM
See thats what I like to hear! :glug: :cow:

MichiganPackerFan
03-26-2010, 09:42 AM

Or different than my typical saturday afternoon for that matter?!

retailguy
03-26-2010, 11:46 AM

caramel? :P oh, and Storeheims too. May it RIP... :(

MJZiggy
03-26-2010, 06:00 PM
There have been custard stands popping up all over around here. While Storheim's was great, I did like Kopps in Milwaukee better.

arcilite
04-24-2010, 07:34 PM
October 10th!

Who is joining me?

Freak Out
04-24-2010, 08:16 PM
October 10th!

Who is joining me?

I'm planning on coming down. When do he single game tickets go on sale?

Tarlam!
04-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Got room at your house for two, Zig? Plan a few days vacation and make good on your promise to show me your fine capital....

MichiganPackerFan
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm definitely going, if I don't make it with the group, I'll make an opportunity to stop by. Also, a pregame Saturday get together would be fun too.

Iron Mike
04-27-2010, 06:32 PM

When the hell are we gonna get the "Pacific Northwest Rats" group together and go to the GB vs. Seattle pre-season game?? 8-)

Freak Out
04-27-2010, 06:46 PM

When the hell are we gonna get the "Pacific Northwest Rats" group together and go to the GB vs. Seattle pre-season game?? 8-)

Lets do it!

Just put it on the calender so I don't schedule over it.

retailguy
04-27-2010, 06:59 PM

Qwest field is a great place for a game! (Next to Lambeau of course).

You might be able to talk me into flying out there. I love (and miss) Seattle!

CaptainKickass
04-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Only shot this year vs the ChickenHawks, and there new Peter Pied Piper of a coach, would be pre-season. So - yeah, not really worth the fuss.

And no offense to the region but - "Pacific Northwest" still sounds really lame. That's like Washington, Idaho, Oregon, parts of Canada...and oh yeah....Alaska too.

To me - it seems like saying Wisconsin is part of the "East Coast".

But sure...I'm probably down whenever the Pack has another game there.

Freak Out
04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Lets do it folks.

MichiganPackerFan
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM

:jack:

Iron Mike
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM

Alright, I'll start our own damned thread.....

http://www.clta.net/lessons/esl/washington.html

MichiganPackerFan
04-29-2010, 08:48 AM

Alright, I'll start our own damned thread.....

http://www.clta.net/lessons/esl/washington.html

Been to Seattle twice (not for business) - really cool town. Loved the heavy outdoors emphasis. Wanted to see the underground tour but missed it both times. It did have an unexpected yet pleasant small town feeling. Been up to Bellingham as well. Enjoyable hiking!

Edited for brevity

retailguy
04-29-2010, 08:54 AM
stop kissing ass "mr. thread police". :wink:

MichiganPackerFan
04-29-2010, 08:55 AM
stop kissing ass "mr. thread police". :wink:

:lol:

MJZiggy
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Got room at your house for two, Zig? Plan a few days vacation and make good on your promise to show me your fine capital....

I'm going to have to replace the guest bed that went with the ex and now you'll have to watch out for the attack cat, but sure!

CaptainKickass
05-03-2010, 11:09 AM
now you'll have to watch out for the attack cat, but sure!

http://www.dbtechno.com/images/cat_heart_attack.jpg

http://www.discountcalendars.com/images/Caution%20Attack%20Cat%20On%20Duty.jpg

http://petsmartsigns.com/items_images/1157134983Attack_Cat.JPG

http://images7.cafepress.com/product/23884107v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

MJZiggy
05-04-2010, 06:28 PM
now you'll have to watch out for the attack cat, but sure!

http://www.dbtechno.com/images/cat_heart_attack.jpg

http://www.discountcalendars.com/images/Caution%20Attack%20Cat%20On%20Duty.jpg

http://petsmartsigns.com/items_images/1157134983Attack_Cat.JPG

http://images7.cafepress.com/product/23884107v2_480x480_Front_Color-White.jpg

You might think, but when I got home, he tore the shit out of my newly tanned leg and tends to attack your feet when he's ready for you to get up.

Little Whiskey
05-04-2010, 07:47 PM
are you talking about your cat MJ?

retailguy
05-04-2010, 08:23 PM
You might think, but when I got home, he tore the shit out of my newly tanned leg and tends to attack your feet when he's ready for you to get up.

Did you ever think of getting rid of it? Maybe put it on a plane to Russia or something?

MJZiggy
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Did you ever think of getting rid of it? Maybe put it on a plane to Russia or something?

child - cat = heartbroken kid. You'd deal with the little demon too. This is what laser pointers were invented for. The inventor should be sainted.

Freak Out
07-22-2010, 02:15 PM
So who is still in for the Seattle game on the 21st of August? Single game tickets go on sale next week.

MJZiggy
07-22-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm waiting for the DC game. Suppose I should start looking for tix, huh?

MichiganPackerFan
10-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Unfortunately I will not be heading to sunday's game at FedEx but plan to head to the Hawk & Dove at 329 pennsylvania ave. se, DC to catch the game. They've been a packers bar for a few years and I fully assume they are this year as well. I would love to meet any of you DC Rats there!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm going to be home (Maryland) this week. I have a few weeks off from school. I will not be going to the game however, just going to catch it on TV. Plus I don't drink so I probably will be the odd man out lol. :)

MJZiggy
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I am heading to the game if anyone else is going. MD, my man doesn't drink either so you'd have someone to O'Douls it with.

arcilite
10-07-2010, 06:03 PM
I'll be there.

digitaldean
10-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Bedard from JSOnline will be in DC...
Here is the blog excerpt
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/104530574.html

Come one, come all and bring friends.

Those Packers fans in the Washington, D.C. area are invited to come hang out and talk Packers with myself (I know, huge draw) on Capitol Hill at the Hawk 'n' Dove.

Address: 329 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC.

Supposedly there's a room being held for us starting at 8 p.m.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Change of plans. Looking for tickets on Craigslist and Stubhub. Anyone tailgating tomorrow? Feel free to PM me!!

MJZiggy
10-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Change of plans. Looking for tickets on Craigslist and Stubhub. Anyone tailgating tomorrow? Feel free to PM me!!

Found Stubhub tix the other day for $99. They have their own will call now.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Found Stubhub tix the other day for $99. They have their own will call now.

They have some for $77 but they're WAY back. What's the view like from the back?

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Not bad.

http://www.redskins.com/images/tickets/seats/lg-sec425.jpg

mraynrand
10-09-2010, 02:38 PM
It's better to take something higher and farther away, rather than something close and with a bad angle. I've found a lot of reasonable seats in multiple stadiums, at the 10-20 yard line, in the upper decks. You're a ways a way, but you perspective is great - especially compared with lower corners. (and usually, that's where all the Packer fans are!)

MJZiggy
10-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Upper deck at the 20. I'm going to need to remember binoculars. Wonder if I should take the camera gear.

MichiganPackerFan
10-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Just got tickets on craigslist. Club level, 50 yard line. Below face value! We are tailgaiting in orange lot. Pm me to meet up!

MichiganPackerFan
10-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Despite the loss, we had a GREAT time at the game. Packers fans turned out in force. Grilled brats and wings before, drank way too much beer, got to much sun. Completely overdosed on fun. Unfortunately, Directv errored out for most of the game, so when I got home to watch the game, there was nothing there.

MJZiggy
10-12-2010, 06:07 PM
You forgot the part about if I had a thermostat and a humidifier, I wouldn't have touched either because the day was perfect. We sat in the VERY top row and it was nicer than you'd expect.

MichiganPackerFan
10-12-2010, 06:10 PM
You forgot the part about if I had a thermostat and a humidifier, I wouldn't have touched either because the day was perfect. We sat in the VERY top row and it was nicer than you'd expect.

Coming from Michigan, I never expected to be completely red from sunburn in the middle of October - the weather was AWESOME!!! How was the view from where you were sitting? It didn't appear anyone was really to far away...

Little Whiskey
10-12-2010, 09:47 PM
Coming from Michigan, I never expected to be completely red from sunburn in the middle of October - the weather was AWESOME!!! How was the view from where you were sitting? It didn't appear anyone was really to far away...

HAHA, I was at the lions game and came home with a sunburned face.....well half of a face. my hat and sunglasses shaded the top half. from my nose to my chin was bright red.

MJZiggy
10-13-2010, 05:58 PM

The view wasn't bad. I could look down and see all the penalties they didn't call...and the new screens were a nice addition.