PDA

View Full Version : D-Coordinater Dom Capers Falls Asleep During Cardinal Game..

SnakeLH2006
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
http://fansided.com/2010/01/14/packers-d-coordinator-snoozes-off-during-playoff-game/

http://fansided.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/capers.jpg

This is one of the funniest football videos I have seen in a long time. Green Bay Packers defensive coordinator Dom Capers obviously slept on the Arizona Cardinals’ offense last week. No, literally, as he fell asleep in the freaking press box during a playoff game and then did that freaky “oh, shit, I fell asleep” shake-jerk I used to do in 11th grade geometry class after lunch. No wonder the Cards put up 51 points. Here’s the clip (via Out of Bounds)…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENvmq-rkVZc&feature=player_embedded

WTF? Snake loves some Dom Capers, but 51 points? This was like Snake on Madden 10 online on Xbox LIVE (BTW, hit me up for my LIVE gamertag...I'll smoke ya). Is this as bad as the infamous Mike Sherman sleep debacle?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7OC0YbG2fek/R0rPdDaAWNI/AAAAAAAAD00/TsGIUkEw_kg/s400/mikeshermansleeping.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
01-15-2010, 08:29 AM
There's not much disagreement with that video.

sheepshead
01-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Holy Sh*t

SkinBasket
01-15-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't think he's asleep.

denverYooper
01-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah, when I saw that live I just thought he was really pissed off and it was an anger tic.

MichiganPackerFan
01-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah, when I saw that live I just thought he was really pissed off and it was an anger tic.

Ok, I am reversing what i thought. :oops: I watched the ENTIRE video now and he makes the same movement twice. NO ONE does a double-wake-jerk these days: UNCOOL. Definitely anger being expressed.

Smidgeon
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM

I thought it was an anger tic too.

sheepshead
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm gonna guess youre right here. Cap seems too wound up to be napping during the biggest day of his Packer Career.

MichiganPackerFan
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
A little OT, but certainly NOT deserving of its own thread:

I always thought that Capers reminded me a little bit of Tom Brokaw...
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.fanhouse.com/media/2008/02/dom-capers-022108.jpghttp://media.rd.com/rd/images/rdc/mag0712/tom-brokaw-60s-01-af.jpg

sheepshead
01-15-2010, 09:55 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e102/heymike0308/grecian.jpg

hoosier
01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I think he was sleeping. And it was while the Packers were on offense, so what's the big deal? :lol: All joking aside, I think we need to give this the best spin possible. Who, after all, hasn't nodded off once in his life while driving, working or whatever? Nodding off during the game = conclusive proof that our DC has ice in his veins.

Sparkey
01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
My take,

He closed his eyes to try and calm down, looks like it didn't work. lol

Administrator
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
maybe he was reviewing the play of the defense up to that point. Granted, I'd have expected a more pronounced shudder, but in that case, a shudder would be appropriate. :lol:

SkinBasket
01-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I thought the jerk was more of a reflux burp. He was probably pissed that he just puked in his mouth.

MOBB DEEP
01-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I don't think he's asleep.

+1

packerbacker1234
01-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Heh, it's fun to think he's sleeping, but it appears to me he really is upset. I mean, why would he "pretend" to not be sleeping and fake being angry when he is up in the box? You can never tell when cameras are on you or not.

Joemailman
01-15-2010, 04:49 PM
My take,

Yep.

esoxx
01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
He either nodded off or has Turrets Syndrome.

red
01-15-2010, 09:09 PM
My take,

thats what it looks like to me

he's pissed, he closes his eyes to calm down, then flips out

i do that same thing like 20 times a day

MJZiggy
01-15-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't think dead people could have slept through that game. The minor detail about sleeping people is that their muscles relax and the unsupported head droops. Neither happened. Perhaps a small stroke or an aneurysm but not sleep by any stretch.

wist43
01-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Pretty sure we'd have been better off had he been asleep... then somebody else could have taken over the play calling.

Bretsky
01-16-2010, 08:21 AM
yes, because our secondary matched up so well

pbmax
01-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Better resolution, his eyes look open:

http://vimeo.com/8753996

Pugger
01-16-2010, 09:39 AM
I remember seeing that live and I thought he just looked pissed and reacted to yet another bone headed play by his defense.

wist43
01-16-2010, 10:23 AM

Well, then thank God for Dom then!!! Without his innovative game plan, and wily in-game adjustments, we might have given up 102pts!!!

Can't believe you guys are either completely accepting of 51pts, or intent on making excuses for 51pts...

Dom stunk it up, but you guys can't bring yourselves to admit it. Are the players to blame too?? of course, but most of this embarrassing performance has to be laid at Capers feet.

Bretsky
01-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Well, then thank God for Dom then!!! Without his innovative game plan, and wily in-game adjustments, we might have given up 102pts!!!

Can't believe you guys are either completely accepting of 51pts, or intent on making excuses for 51pts...

Dom stunk it up, but you guys can't bring yourselves to admit it. Are the players to blame too?? of course, but most of this embarrassing performance has to be laid at Capers feet.

Most of the great performances get laid at Capers feet as well. The times he tried blitzing Warner shredded us. There is a ton of blame to go around and DOM is just a portion of it. I can throw darts at TT for letting the cup go so bare, MM for not trying to establish a game plan with the run early and slow the game down, AROD for his first and last play and two terribly thrown deep balls. Heck, get in line for the blame game. Dom was just a part.

Scott Campbell
01-16-2010, 11:12 AM

51 points is a bit of an exaggeration. They were plenty horrible in giving up 45 without people inflating the number.

packers11
01-16-2010, 12:02 PM
there is any way that any type of person that follows football could fall asleep in that shoot out...

even some friends of mine that hardly watch football said that was one of the best football games they have watched (I live in the NE area too so they are biased towards NE games)

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 01:53 PM
there is any way that any type of person that follows football could fall asleep in that shoot out...

even some friends of mine that hardly watch football said that was one of the best football games they have watched (I live in the NE area too so they are biased towards NE games)

People down here in Florida told me the same thing. Said the same thing after the Pittsburgh game. I told them I thought both games were piss poor. (Excuse my Frency) :(

wist43
01-16-2010, 02:19 PM

People down here in Florida told me the same thing. Said the same thing after the Pittsburgh game. I told them I thought both games were piss poor. (Excuse my Frency) :(

I agree... that was awful defensive football by both teams.

Superficial fans may appreciate the continuous rolling scoreboard, but if you know anything about strategy, that crap is pretty painful to watch.

Sparkey
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM

I'm sure Capers told Barnett and Bush to cover the same guy and let Breaston go free over the middle. :roll:

Pugger
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
I think that tic was actually him wince watching the guys screw up down on the field. A moment later he slammed that sheet of paper in his hand down on the table. He wasn't pleased and he shouldn't have been. :(

wist43
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM

I'm sure Capers told Barnett and Bush to cover the same guy and let Breaston go free over the middle. :roll:

Again, that's Capers fault too isn't it??? He's the General, is he not...

George Washington had to hang some of his own troops to get their attention... maybe he was on to something???

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 06:55 PM
who cares?

This mess is SO last week

with all the things going on around us its time to move on like Red said last week

SnakeLH2006
01-17-2010, 12:48 AM

I don't know why, but that cracked me up wist!

That shit sounds absolutely hilarious every time someone uses the oft repeated phrase, "wily in-game adjustments" to defend giving up 45 (51) points, in praise. Good stuff, bro.