PDA

View Full Version : NFL recognizes one officiating error from Sunday

Patler
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
A fine for the helmet to helmet hit on Rodgers in OT:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Arizonas-Berry-fined-for-hit-on-Rodgers.html

Scott Campbell
01-16-2010, 07:48 AM
I'd like to fine our D for giving up 45 in regulation.

pbmax
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
I am surprised by the number of times the league has to fine players for this. And a significant portion of them are not flagged. I am hesitant to call for the NFL to protect QBs more, but this measure isn't having its intended effect yet.

MJZiggy
01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
Well a guy making $10 million isn't that concerned with a $5 or 10K fine. Make it a 5-snap suspension along with the fine. Then at least they'll notice.

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 08:11 AM
The officials took the chickenshit route in the playoffs. NO way should they have ignored the helmet to helmet. And if you are going to ignore it then pick up the holding flag.

I'm glad AZ got their ass handed to them :!:

Fritz
01-17-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree with Bretsky here. If you're going to ignore the helmet-to-helmet, then either ignore the hold or if you want to argue the official was distracted because he was watching Colledge's blatant hold, then call Adams on the next play.

pbmax
01-17-2010, 09:05 AM
I'd like to fine our D for giving up 45 in regulation.
In a convoluted way, Nick Collins will suffer worse than that if there is no CBA.

red
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
we were responsible for about 95% of that loss.

the officials can be blammed for the other 5%

however, they did blow at least two huge calls that took away our last chance to win.

i don't want to hear pierra sweep things under the rug and say it was the right call. bullshit, it was not the right call. his officials have been calling those exact same things all year long. they screwed up, bad

the official weren't the reason why we lost, but they did screw us.

i want a damn apology from the nfl saying they messed up. three times in 3 plays