PDA

View Full Version : Do we have an OFFICIAL Cards vs. NO Thread?

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:37 PM
If not, WOWIE!

steve823
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Who you guys rooting for ? Im goin for the Saints..but wow what a first play of the game.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Did NO blitz on that TD?

KYPack
01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm predicting a defensive struggle.

What time's the freakin' game start anyway?

steve823
01-16-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure. It looked like AZ's oline just mandhandled the Saints then Hightower got to the 2nd level easy.

AZ is coming out with a lot of fire again

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm predicting a defensive struggle.

What time's the freakin' game start anyway?

It just started. First play of the game, Arizona back, Hightower, goes 70 yds off tackle. My kind of football. :)

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
NO could gain 300 yds on the ground if they stay with it.

steve823
01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
WOW..reggie bush is trucking people down this game hahaha. Never thought I'd see that

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
7-7. This could be a repeat of last Sunday.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Who you guys rooting for ? Im goin for the Saints..but wow what a first play of the game.

I want the Saints to win, not only because the damn Cards beat the Pack, but because the Saints could beat Dallas in a rematch. I hate Dallas more than anybody -- except maybe the Vikes and Favre.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Did you see Reggie's guns? Wow, step off Tyrone!

KYPack
01-16-2010, 03:51 PM
This is one of those games where I figure out who I'm for when it starts.

Saints.

No real idea why, just wanna see 'em win.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Cards are finding out that it's a different ball game when they're not playing at home.

steve823
01-16-2010, 03:54 PM

I want the Saints to win, not only because the damn Cards beat the Pack, but because the Saints could beat Dallas in a rematch. I hate Dallas more than anybody -- except maybe the Vikes and Favre.

Same for me...I don't think anyone likes Dallas haha.

steve823
01-16-2010, 03:58 PM
14-7 NO Shockey is looking like he used to be with the Giants

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Cards are dead meat.

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:01 PM
If AZ doesn't fumble - they ran 2 offensive plays for about 90 yards combined...

The NFL should start giving out 2 points to the defense when they are able to stop a drive...

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Cards almost started like the Pack did last week... lucky Warner recovered.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Blitz! And they get to Warner!

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Haha I agree. The league has became in favor of the offense way too much.

As I'm typing this Warner just got decked..I love seeing this.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I think it was a CB blitz, only I'm not sure. Like Johnson, the color man says, you don't have to sack Warner, you just have to knock him down or hurry him.

mission
01-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Ya I'm not feeling the idea of rooting for the Cards because they beat us and somehow that would validate our playoff presence.

Thought maybe I would but watching the start of this game, F the Cards... not feeling the vibe. Still bitter, Go Saints! :D

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Dam Reggie Bush..that was crazy

mission
01-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Dam Reggie Bush..that was crazy

ridiculous

mission
01-16-2010, 04:14 PM
is he juicin? :lol: :lol:

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Did you see the Card's tackling? Crap, this really pains. If the Pack had played smarter last week, this could be GB vs. NO!

I'm telling you. Saints will gain 300+ yards on the ground this game.

mission
01-16-2010, 04:15 PM
Did you see the Card's tackling? Crap, this really pains. If the Pack had played smarter last week, this could be GB vs. NO!

I'm telling you. Saints will gain 300+ yards on the ground this game.

6 days rest vs 2 weeks... woulda been tough for us too I think.

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
Just seeing the advertising for the Cowboys-Vikings makes me sick I hate both teams so much ahaha.

DOWN WITH WARNER..good. No flags either is he gunna complain again

BallHawk
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Warner just got straight up Aaron Rodgers-ed on that sack.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Blitz again!!!!! They rushed 6 that time and creamed Warner.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
jus got home..WTH???

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Commentator just said that Warner said he didn't see anything from the Packers last week that he didn't see on film!

That sure is a bad reflection on the Packers and Dom Capers.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Cards brought the house against Brees again.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:27 PM
NO brought 6 that time and got to Warner. Interception.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:27 PM
sharper a BEAST regradless! AWESOME snatch..he did what?

warner aint aaron i guess

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Nice play by Sharper...WHAT BULLSHIT THOUGH WARNER HARDLY GOT TOUCHED OMG. THEY KILLED RODGERS AND NO CALLS. IF YOUR NOT A BIG NAME YOU DONT GET CALLS.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:29 PM
NO brought the house and Warner beat it to Hightower.

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:30 PM
NO is blitzing virtually every play.

packers11
01-16-2010, 04:31 PM
NFL sucks... that was rodgers all over again... HOW THE FUCK does that get called

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Unbelievable, ref makes a bad call and Cards back in the game.

packers11
01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice play by Sharper...WHAT BULLSHIT THOUGH WARNER HARDLY GOT TOUCHED OMG. THEY KILLED RODGERS AND NO CALLS. IF YOUR NOT A BIG NAME YOU DONT GET CALLS.

I agree... something needs to be done... Its all about the name on the QB, not the fking play thats happening...

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:33 PM
NFL sucks... that was rodgers all over again... HOW THE FUCK does that get called

Simple. Warner always complains and Refs look for it. Rodgers is humble and doesn't complain like Warner, Brady, etc. so refs dont look for it or call it as much.

Also...the refs and nfls sucks. Time for madden :D

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:36 PM

I agree... something needs to be done... Its all about the name on the QB, not the fking play thats happening...

i think aaron is a big name now....maybe not whining IS the reason

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Warner just got straight up Aaron Rodgers-ed on that sack.

Did you notice on that sack that Warner got jacked in the head and pulled on the facemask?

And no call.

Then on a lesser infraction on Warner's INT - they call it.

So damn inconsistent. Either call it - or don't. It's had a huge impact in Zona's games both ways (generally in their favor).

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Haha I love seeing trick plays. Man Sean Peyton is a great coach

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:41 PM
WoW. Packers would've had a LOT of trouble vs. this offense.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
minny should do that tomorow

girls would bite

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
This is what a running game can get you. Brees plays under center instead of in the shotgun and the play action works (also the flea flicker)!

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:43 PM

girls would bite

Dont tell me your rootin for the Queens?

Maxie the Taxi
01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
Wife wants the puter. Gotta go.

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:48 PM
GREAT block on Warner. WOW

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:50 PM
game over...!

WARNER RETIRES!

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Wow... dumb pass and stupid decision to try and get into the defense. Free shot on Warner... last play before retirement?

If they bring Leinert in - game over.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 04:53 PM

girls would bite

Dont tell me your rootin for the Queens?

i DEF hate dallas more than minny and favre won MANY games for pack

packers11
01-16-2010, 04:53 PM
someone finally got a good hit on warner...

bye tool

steve823
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM

bye tool

haha karma for all the whining and bitching about the calls he does.

Fosco33
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM

bye tool

Great - clean hit.

Wonder if he comes back in...

Saints will score 50+. Zona might get 2 more TDs.

pbmax
01-16-2010, 04:59 PM
This is what a running game can get you. Brees plays under center instead of in the shotgun and the play action works (also the flea flicker)!
Much easier to run when you are two scores ahead. Running game is safer, it doesn't produce more points than passing.

Cheesehead Craig
01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Where's all that AZ intensity? :lol:

pbmax
01-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Whizz clearly forgot to motivate this week.

Also doesn't help that DRC and Rolle are missing.

mission
01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
6 days rest playing anybody is tough let alone the Saints off a bye...

not that im shedding any tears over this ass kicking we're watching :lol:

helps me swallow our loss better somehow

australianpackerbacker
01-16-2010, 05:35 PM
makes me feel good to see kurt and arizona getting their asses physically kicked, takes some of the pain away of last week! haha im a pretty shallow person arent i!

BallHawk
01-16-2010, 05:35 PM
Gotta protect Brees. :roll:

pbmax
01-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Star coverage. Sharper on the replay gets to Fitzgerald AFTER (I am pretty sure) he has lost control of the ball, hits him and gets credit for great timing and a great hit. He was where he was supposed to be, but Fitz lost the ball.

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 06:47 PM
makes me feel good to see kurt and arizona getting their asses physically kicked, takes some of the pain away of last week! haha im a pretty shallow person arent i!

YEP! Like i schooled my neph, we should want whoever beats us to go all the way. that way we can say we lost to the champs ala Favre v. NYG

MOBB DEEP
01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
6 days rest playing anybody is tough let alone the Saints off a bye...

not that im shedding any tears over this ass kicking we're watching :lol:

helps me swallow our loss better somehow

see my last post mission

red
01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
it probably doesn't matter that we lost last week.

i don't know if anybody could have beat the buzzsaw that were the saints today

packerbacker1234
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
it probably doesn't matter that we lost last week.

i don't know if anybody could have beat the buzzsaw that were the saints today

Well, we are younger... I think we would of passed better TBH. We have all our weapons, and we seem to be able to score on anyone all year.

Also, remember the ways the cards have been all year. Their offense either looks all world or like crap. Today, it looked like crap.

Bretsky
01-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Star coverage. Sharper on the replay gets to Fitzgerald AFTER (I am pretty sure) he has lost control of the ball, hits him and gets credit for great timing and a great hit. He was where he was supposed to be, but Fitz lost the ball.

the Secondary of NO looks so much better and so much deeper with their FA acquisitions in the defensive backfield.

pbmax
01-17-2010, 09:25 AM

the Secondary of NO looks so much better and so much deeper with their FA acquisitions in the defensive backfield.
A pass rush makes all DBs look better. :)

pbmax
01-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Memo to wist:

Gregg Williams, he of the Jeff Fisher ties, he of the 4-3 mutiple blitzing front and heir to the Buddy Ryan 46/Bear defense coaching tree, blitzed much more than Capers. He did not however, invent a way to press cover the slot receiver or press all three wides in the bunch alignment. There were a lot of free releases for a fellow student of the 46.

I did see him have much more effective double coverage of the underneath receivers. If there was a lane to complete the pass, that guy went down right away. The inability of the Packer secondary to matchup zone assignments and provide close coverage would seem to be Capers biggest coaching challenge. My fear is the Patler theorem, that McCarthy's hiring is unreliable and Joe Whitt Jr. isn't getting it done with the CBs.

The Packers also need another pass rusher. Whether it will be Jones/Kampman or another OLB, Raji or some other unknown D lineman, they need someone else who can get home.

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 10:20 AM

and competent players in the secondary will give the DL time to get there as well.

Our pass rush was disappointing
the secondary was as good as they are

pbmax
01-17-2010, 10:24 AM

and competent players in the secondary will give the DL time to get there as well.

But what if the biggest breakdowns came in linebacker coverage of the Cardinals? Most of the time Warner faced pressure, he went short to medium. The Packer linebackers were often no help and just chasing. Against NO, those linebackers short were not exactly intercepting the ball, but they were in a position to tackle.

I don't think the coverage issue is just the DBs.

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Memo to wist:

Gregg Williams, he of the Jeff Fisher ties, he of the 4-3 mutiple blitzing front and heir to the Buddy Ryan 46/Bear defense coaching tree, blitzed much more than Capers. He did not however, invent a way to press cover the slot receiver or press all three wides in the bunch alignment. There were a lot of free releases for a fellow student of the 46.

I did see him have much more effective double coverage of the underneath receivers. If there was a lane to complete the pass, that guy went down right away. The inability of the Packer secondary to matchup zone assignments and provide close coverage would seem to be Capers biggest coaching challenge. My fear is the Patler theorem, that McCarthy's hiring is unreliable and Joe Whitt Jr. isn't getting it done with the CBs.
The Packers also need another pass rusher. Whether it will be Jones/Kampman or another OLB, Raji or some other unknown D lineman, they need someone else who can get home.

If you are going to blame Joe Whitt Jr, you should consider the talent he was left with against a deep receiving team. Josh Bell, Bush, Martin..even when healthy, Bigby, the Italian Stallion....if you are analyzing why the secondary was going to hurt against a strong passing team I'd be inclined to look at the personnell dept before going after Whitt

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 10:26 AM

But what if the biggest breakdowns came in linebacker coverage of the Cardinals? Most of the time Warner faced pressure, he went short to medium. The Packer linebackers were often no help and just chasing. Against NO, those linebackers short were not exactly intercepting the ball, but they were in a position to tackle.

I don't think the coverage issue is just the DBs.

I'd agree; there were some isolated plays where the LB's just blew coverage.
But I'd point a lot more to the secondary (and lack of pass rush) than the LB's in coverage.

MJZiggy
01-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Memo to wist:

If you are going to blame Joe Whitt Jr, you should consider the talent he was left with against a deep receiving team. Josh Bell, Bush, Martin..even when healthy, Bigby, the Italian Stallion....if you are analyzing why the secondary was going to hurt against a strong passing team I'd be inclined to look at the personnell dept before going after Whitt

True, when we're playing with better than the #6, we have a phenomenal secondary.

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Memo to wist:

True, when we're playing with better than the #6, we have a phenomenal secondary.

I knew the loss of Al Harris was devastating and would lead to our downfall.
We could not afford to lose Al Harris, Charles Woodsen, Nick Collins, or Tramon Williams. Bigby was certainly a step up from whoever we wanted to pawn as our backup for him as well.

After those guys I think they all the CB's might have been #6's. Lee, Blackmand, Bush, Bell, Martin, Ford, Giordano.........blaaa

pbmax
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Memo to wist:

We could not afford to lose Al Harris, Charles Woodsen, Nick Collins, or Tramon Williams. Bigby was certainly a step up from whoever we wanted to pawn as our backup for him as well.

After those guys I think they all the CB's might have been #6's. Lee, Blackmand, Bush, Bell, Martin, Ford, Giordano.........blaaa

No one has talent 4-6 (or 7, or 8). There isn't enough elite level talent. Its a matter of the player understanding his job, coaching him to both understand and execute (and get better) and the scheme to allow as much help as possible or limit the time where there is no help.

The reason I worry about Whitt are the number of times in zone where the Packers do not seem to understand the assignments. Some of that is also LBs.

The reason I am less worried about the players is that no one has starting caliber depth 4-7 or 8. Especially after your 2nd round pick (Lee) and Harris go down. McCallister and McKenzie are unemployed for a reason.

Bretsky
01-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Memo to wist:

No one has talent 4-6 (or 7, or 8). There isn't enough elite level talent. Its a matter of the player understanding his job, coaching him to both understand and execute (and get better) and the scheme to allow as much help as possible or limit the time where there is no help.

The reason I worry about Whitt are the number of times in zone where the Packers do not seem to understand the assignments. Some of that is also LBs.

The reason I am less worried about the players is that no one has starting caliber depth 4-7 or 8. Especially after your 2nd round pick (Lee) and Harris go down. McCallister and McKenzie are unemployed for a reason.

Ya, I've read that last sentence a couple of times; I don't buy it. Some teams choose to sign young guys with upside over guys that can play now.

The Saints, when injuries hit their secondary, needed to stay ahead of MN at the time and chose the vets that could play. Mac was coming back from an injury but he looked good. CM is old but still looked very serviceable. Curious if you watched the games they participated in ? I believe one of the games was a Sunday night or Monday night. They played well. Would you question that both played far better than the players we put out there ? We chose the young guys with upside. Regardless of choice we now live with the results

Zool
01-17-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm still too annoyed by last weeks game to read anything Cardinal related, but I did catch the highlights lastnight.

Apparently the NFL's description of the incidental facemask last week does not apply to Kurt Warner.

pbmax
01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Memo to wist:

Ya, I've read that last sentence a couple of times; I don't buy it. Some teams choose to sign young guys with upside over guys that can play now.

The Saints, when injuries hit their secondary, needed to stay ahead of MN at the time and chose the vets that could play. Mac was coming back from an injury but he looked good. CM is old but still looked very serviceable. Curious if you watched the games they participated in ? I believe one of the games was a Sunday night or Monday night. They played well. Would you question that both played far better than the players we put out there ? We chose the young guys with upside. Regardless of choice we now live with the results
The Packers called McKenzie too after Underwood went down (I think it was Underwood). But he went to NO.

But that simply reinforces the idea that McKenzie was no better than anyone on the roster or PS until injuries wreaked havoc. And if I am not mistaken, McCallister was let go in the before everyone got healthy.