PDA

View Full Version : Bad News AGAIN - for Adrian Klemm

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
KLEMM CARTED OFF FIELD

The star-crossed career of offensive lineman Adrian Klemm may have taken another bad turn Saturday afternoon at Green Bay Packers training camp.

Adrian Klemm suffered an Achilles' tendon injury midway through practice and was carted off the field. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he did not know the extent of the injury, but the way Klemm went down, it didn't look promising. "It depends on the degree of it, you know," McCarthy said of Klemm's injury. "He's being looked at right now."

The injury is another in a long line for Klemm, who during the off-season has struggled with a torn posterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and a hernia that required surgical repair.

In 2005, Klemm played in all 16 games for only the second time in six seasons, the first five of which were with the New England Patriots.

"It's unfortunate," center Scott Wells said

"I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet, but he's faced a lot of adversity in his career. He's been able to bounce back from a lot."

If Klemm has suffered a ruptured Achilles' tendon, he will require surgery and be lost for the season. If it is just a sprained Achilles', there's a good chance he could be back before the end of training camp.

William Whitticker Possible Replacement???

With Klemm out, former starting guard Will Whitticker probably will have to take over at backup left tackle. Whitticker played left tackle during off-season workouts, but was moved to the right side just before training camp and played there Friday and Saturday.

"I worked all spring on the left side so I think I can move back there," Whitticker said.

"When you work that much on it in the spring time and you do good, you feel as though you can go in there and do a good job. It's quite the change, going from guard to left tackle. It's a challenge."

Whitticker said he expected to start at left tackle in practice today because Clifton is supposed to get a day off.

Comment woodbuck27:

Ted Thompdson certainly has to look beyond OUR present talent pool to find an experienced OL now . A player that is versatile.

Just discovered that Adam Meadows signed with Denver ! Dam !!