PDA

View Full Version : Rate The New PackerRats Forum

Scott Campbell
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
So now that we've all had some time to get familiar with the new layout and content, what do the Rats think of their new home?

ICU81MI
01-18-2010, 09:51 PM
How do you get to the new forum?

packers11
01-18-2010, 10:15 PM
How do you get to the new forum?

yea I don't see the new forum either

MJZiggy
01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Have you guys ever read ANYthing that Scott has written?

Bretsky
01-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Have you guys ever read ANYthing that Scott has written?

well, I at least read it :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-19-2010, 01:23 AM
New homepage is awesome!

sheepshead
01-19-2010, 07:32 AM
An award winning on-line experience. Well worth the subscription fee.

swede
01-19-2010, 07:43 AM
I like the scene in Christmas Vacation where Chevy Chase gets a drum roll to fire up the greatest holiday display ever, a combination of modern electronics and human creativity, plugs in the cord, and...nothing.

Patler
01-19-2010, 08:46 AM
I think the new homepage is clear, concise and very easy to navigate within. The color selection leaves a bit to be desired, in my opinion.

hoosier
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I think the new homepage is clear, concise and very easy to navigate within. The color selection leaves a bit to be desired, in my opinion.

But that is Minimalism at its best! Sigh. No appreciation for artistic genius.

Patler
01-19-2010, 07:04 PM

Maybe it is the unbalanced look that I find objectionable. Much more crowded on the left side of the homepage than on the right.

hoosier
01-19-2010, 07:46 PM

Maybe it is the unbalanced look that I find objectionable. Much more crowded on the left side of the homepage than on the right.

So it is Minimalism with an embedded appeal to McCarthy to find a new OL coach and a new blocking scheme based on unbalanced line.

What's not to like?

MJZiggy
01-19-2010, 09:21 PM
I love you people.

Joemailman
01-20-2010, 09:05 AM

We have a homepage?

Patler
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM

We have a homepage?

Sure, but the content has been a bit lacking.

Administrator
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
hope you are all as eager to test...

http://www.packerrats.com

HowardRoark
01-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Why all the hate?

HowardRoark, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

MJZiggy
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Click the forum tab on the top menu. It will take you to a copy of this forum.

SkinBasket
01-21-2010, 08:33 PM

I like that there's a calendar because I never have any idea what day it is. Can we edit that to add our own appointments?

SkinBasket
01-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Oh, and no offense or anything, but if you intend on dropping the Garbage Can, as the "new forum" outlay suggests, I probably won't be visiting anymore. That isn't supposed to be a threat because no one will miss me. Just a heads up that essentially it's one of those things that this forum grew up on and is essentially the only thing that makes it any different than any of the other ridiculously boring football sites out there.

If you could let us know what your intentions are in that regard, that would be appreciated because if it's going away, then I might as well start being an asshole somewhere else ASAP. No use hanging out here if it's being gutted of the last thing that once made it unique.

Brando19
01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I'll be honest. I like the old layout better. But I don't do good with change. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Administrator
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM

I like that there's a calendar because I never have any idea what day it is. Can we edit that to add our own appointments?I believe you will be able to if permission is granted.

Administrator
01-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Why all the hate?

HowardRoark, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. Working on it.

Administrator
01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Oh, and no offense or anything, but if you intend on dropping the Garbage Can, as the "new forum" outlay suggests, I probably won't be visiting anymore. That isn't supposed to be a threat because no one will miss me. Just a heads up that essentially it's one of those things that this forum grew up on and is essentially the only thing that makes it any different than any of the other ridiculously boring football sites out there.

If you could let us know what your intentions are in that regard, that would be appreciated because if it's going away, then I might as well start being an asshole somewhere else ASAP. No use hanging out here if it's being gutted of the last thing that once made it unique.Wow, you really are a jerk skinbasket. You should have told me it was that easy to rid myself of you.

The garbage can is there but i need to get the permissions figured instead of leaving it open to all just to please your highness.

Now if you dont having anymore parting shots i am going back to work on it.

swede
01-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I can't get logged on, and i"m mighty fricking tired of typing those stupid distorted codes.

What I'm looking at looks like that Christian site, the 40 days of wandering in the desert after JSO.

GrnBay007
01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
I can't get logged on, and i"m mighty fricking tired of typing those stupid distorted codes.

What I'm looking at looks like that Christian site, the 40 days of wandering in the desert after JSO.

Maybe he is trying to redeem you Swede! :P

Tyrone Bigguns
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I'll be honest. I like the old layout better. But I don't do good with change. Maybe it'll grow on me.

yes. We already remember the trauma of you getting use to indoor plumbing.

Let's not relive that again.

MichiganPackerFan
01-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I can't seem to log in... I'm using Google Chrome, but it doesn't seem to let me on IE either...

Of course, i could have had typos as I haven't finished my second cup of coffee yet!

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Finally, an "Ignore" feature :).

SkinBasket
01-22-2010, 09:11 AM

If you could let us know what your intentions are in that regard, that would be appreciated because if it's going away, then I might as well start being an asshole somewhere else ASAP. No use hanging out here if it's being gutted of the last thing that once made it unique.Wow, you really are a jerk skinbasket. You should have told me it was that easy to rid myself of you.

The garbage can is there but i need to get the permissions figured instead of leaving it open to all just to please your highness.

Now if you dont having anymore parting shots i am going back to work on it.

I have no idea what your intentions are. You've made it a point not to share them. When you put up a "test" of the new forum and the GC is gone, I would assume that's an accurate depiction of the new forum.

My assumption was based on your comments in the past and the lack of information in the present. Again, my post wasn't meant to be an insult or a threat. Just stating my position. I'm glad to hear you're working on it. Finding a new forum lies outside of my current motivational status.

Administrator
01-22-2010, 12:04 PM
swede and michigan

Check your messages.

Brando19
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM

:lol:

And when I stopped screwing Freak's mom and started with yours...that was a big change (about 200 lbs.). That took alot of getting used to.

Freak Out
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM

And when I stopped screwing Freak's mom and started with yours...that was a big change (about 200 lbs.). That took alot of getting used to.

You said you liked em big....something about getting lost?

Joemailman
01-22-2010, 06:25 PM

Partial gets banned and then we get the ignore feature. I would sort of be okay with him being reinstated now.

Fosco33
01-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging in besides me? It says it was successful and redirecting - back to the login screen.

MJZiggy
01-22-2010, 07:32 PM

Partial gets banned and then we get the ignore feature. I would sort of be okay with him being reinstated now.

Then all we'd be reading are the posts of the people still arguing with him...

Brando19
01-24-2010, 12:21 PM

You said you liked em big....something about getting lost?

Harlan Huckleby
01-24-2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone else having trouble logging in besides me? It says it was successful and redirecting - back to the login screen.

ya, it directs me to a page for people who lost their username or password. Maybe it senses that I am forgetful.

mraynrand
01-24-2010, 02:13 PM

ya, it directs me to a page for people who lost their username or password. Maybe it senses that I am forgetful.

Maybe it senses that you are forgotten :wink:

MJZiggy
01-24-2010, 02:39 PM
The irony here is that Scott was making a joke poll, but the main problem people have been having has been with login...

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 12:27 AM

Ty talked with his mom about you. She hopes you will be able to last more than 3 pumps next time.

She did say were were clean and very polite though.

Fosco33
01-25-2010, 02:57 PM

Seriously though. Do I have to reregister or something? If we get moved and this account is useless, I'm not sure I'd come back to post much more. Lost 2K posts back in the day as it were.

SkinBasket
01-25-2010, 03:06 PM

Seriously though. Do I have to reregister or something? If we get moved and this account is useless, I'm not sure I'd come back to post much more. Lost 2K posts back in the day as it were.

That was funny when Madtown deleted something like 2 months of posts. Several people almost forgot who they were.

Brando19
01-25-2010, 06:17 PM

Ty talked with his mom about you. She hopes you will be able to last more than 3 pumps next time.

She did say were were clean and very polite though.

Hahahahahaha....you've got me there. Three pumps and I'm done. Of course I was clean and polite. I have enough respect for you, Ty, to clean my privates and say thank you.