PDA

View Full Version : Conan vs Leno

Zool
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/38406562d8/conan-rally-late-night-street-fight

Are there really that many Leno fans left that NBC is pushing Conan out the door?

SkinBasket
01-19-2010, 01:47 PM

Are there really that many Leno fans left that NBC is pushing Conan out the door?

I heard that while the show's ratings were cut in half when Leno left, Conan retained the young, advertiser friendly viewers. When Leno's new show failed, they were left making the choice between fucking Conan in unprecedented fashion (Conan's 6 year wait/6 month tenure), or trying to get those old people back. A majority of Conan's staff switched coasts to stick with him, and they've been screwed by NBC too.

Otherwise, I'm glad that he's getting out of that slot, since Conan's appeal was always his goofy and/or tasteless bits, and he dropped most of those when he made the move. I hope wherever he lands, he brings that humor back.

red
01-19-2010, 04:12 PM
conan is infinitely better then leno imo

i've never seen leno do anything to make me laugh

nbc just blew it bad, conan owned that 18-35 age range that everyone wants so bad. but they're saying to hell with that, we want the old bastards that don't buy anything and are just gonna die in a year or two anyways

i wonder how hulu and the likes affected conans rating. he has a big net following, i wonder how many of those people skip the regular show and catch it the next day online

good for o'brien. nbc sucks, they have two good shows in the office and 30 rock, and maybe one more in the community. other then that its a sinking ship. nbc will have to pay conan millions and let him go. he'll probably land on fox and make it a three way battle. leno sure as hell won't get good ratings when he has to go head to head with dave and conan

Joemailman
01-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Maybe this was all planned for publicity. Conan=New Coke.

Zool
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM

This about sums up my feelings on Leno.

retailguy
01-19-2010, 07:07 PM

Actually that sums up my feelings on Conan. I don't think he's funny at all. I guess it was funny when he fell and hurt his head, but in a bad way.

arcilite
01-19-2010, 08:46 PM

Actually that sums up my feelings on Conan. I don't think he's funny at all. I guess it was funny when he fell and hurt his head, but in a bad way.

You must be old

red
01-19-2010, 09:56 PM
he is

GrnBay007
01-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Don't waste your time on Conan or Leno.

LOPEZ TONIGHT is best... on TBS. Great show!!

http://lafreebee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/lopez-tonight-tickets.jpg

Bossman641
01-19-2010, 10:26 PM

I heard that while the show's ratings were cut in half when Leno left, Conan retained the young, advertiser friendly viewers. When Leno's new show failed, they were left making the choice between fucking Conan in unprecedented fashion (Conan's 6 year wait/6 month tenure), or trying to get those old people back. A majority of Conan's staff switched coasts to stick with him, and they've been screwed by NBC too.

Otherwise, I'm glad that he's getting out of that slot, since Conan's appeal was always his goofy and/or tasteless bits, and he dropped most of those when he made the move. I hope wherever he lands, he brings that humor back.

Agreed. Conan is the man. One of his funniest skits is from a few years back where he participated in an old-time baseball game. Absolutely cracked me up.

Freak Out
01-20-2010, 01:31 AM
They both suck.

retailguy
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM

You must be old

what do you define as old? Just curious...

Patler
01-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Leno's setups for his jokes are generally so labored that the punch line is too predictable. I rarely laugh at him. I find his repetition, rambling and/or facial contortions or physical gyrations exhibited after delivering the punchline to be highly annoying.

Conan and Letterman both make me laugh occasionally because of their irreverent comments.

However, I don't find any of their programs to be very entertaining on a whole.

red
01-20-2010, 01:41 PM

You must be old

what do you define as old? Just curious...

you?

thats not my opinion, that's in websters

retailguy

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/9/97/Crazy_Old_Man.gif

retailguy
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I guess I deserved that, but Red, patler is gonna be pissed that you used his photo without permission! :D

red
01-20-2010, 02:31 PM
I guess I deserved that, but Red, patler is gonna be pissed that you used his photo without permission! :D

oh please, don't sell patler short

patler is older then the earth itself

it was the mighty patler that once roamed a barren world. one night after drinking 500 gallons of ale he felt the need to urinate

the grand cannon was born from this, and the mighty oceans were filled because of it.

life soon sprang up all over from the nutrients that he supplied that day

Patler
01-20-2010, 02:33 PM

I have more hair.

Patler
01-20-2010, 02:37 PM

oh please, don't sell patler short

patler is older then the earth itself

it was the mighty patler that once roamed a barren world. one night after drinking 500 gallons of ale he felt the need to urinate

the grand cannon was born from this, and the mighty oceans were filled because of it.

life soon sprang up all over from the nutrients that he supplied that day

A guy has to do what he can, when he can.

retailguy
01-20-2010, 02:56 PM
i've never seen the grand "cannon". patler, where is it? how big is the shot?

Patler
01-20-2010, 03:18 PM
i've never seen the grand "cannon". patler, where is it? how big is the shot?

You'll have to ask Red, I guess.
My grand cannon? ?

red
01-20-2010, 03:40 PM
canyon

assholes

Patler
01-20-2010, 03:55 PM
canyon

assholes

....and here I thought you meant ___________!!! :lol:

(Thanx Joe!!!!)

Joemailman
01-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Not in the Romper Room Patler.

MichiganPackerFan
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Not in the Romper Room Patler.

Patler got Joemailmanized!!!

retailguy
01-20-2010, 04:18 PM
canyon

assholes

Yeah, that's about what would be left after the "great cannon shot". :wink:

red
01-21-2010, 09:47 AM
and its official conan is gone, last show on nbc is tomorrow night

he can be back on the air in September

45 million, 33 million goes to conan, the other 12 million goes to his staff

Kiwon
01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
and its official conan is gone, last show on nbc is tomorrow night

he can be back on the air in September

45 million, 33 million goes to conan, the other 12 million goes to his staff

With money like that he should'a got fired a long time ago :)

NBC stinks....I hope they lose the full projected $200 million in the Winter Olympics.

red
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
BTW, last nights show was piss your pants hilarious

he's going out in style

check 1:25 in. the bugatti veyron mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6mOGPDceQ

and masterbating bear made a comeback

Sparkey
01-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Don't waste your time on Conan or Leno.

LOPEZ TONIGHT is best... on TBS. Great show!!

http://lafreebee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/lopez-tonight-tickets.jpg

Hmmm, I've watched it three times and found it boring and tasteless. Maybe my rural white america upbringing prevents me from "getting" any humor out of most of his shtick. :?:

denverYooper
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
BTW, last nights show was piss your pants hilarious

he's going out in style

check 1:25 in. the bugatti veyron mouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr6mOGPDceQ

and masterbating bear made a comeback

He's been killin' it this week.

Brando19
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
NBC screwed Jay first...now Conan...and now they're making it up to Jay.

Fosco33
01-22-2010, 07:14 PM
The 'expensive' bits have been funny - but clearly not as expensive as everyone thinks. Then ppl immediately say how can he spend 4.5 million on a horse in mink watching restricted superbowl coverage? He didn't.

Was that really the Derby winner - doubt it.

Was that really mink - or faux mink.

That program on TV may have been the '85 superbowl (bears) - but could have been nothing.

'Buying' a bugatti - right. It was rented or will be resold.

People get so uptight at Conan's stuff - which makes it even funnier.

Robin Williams was a little odd - but kinda funny. Love TiVO by the way.

Fosco33
01-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Glad he knocked out the 'expensive bit' question last night. Puts all those dumbasses saying he's wasting money when he could've been helping Haiti.

Glad he left on a high note. Free Bird was well done and classy.

Team Coco on FOX countdown - 7 months.

red
01-23-2010, 01:36 PM
yup, good ending

fox on september 1st almost seems like a slam dunk

he's a perfect fit for that network and they've been looking for a late night show for a long time

sucks he has to leave all the made up characters behind