PDA

View Full Version : Favre: What's With the Bashing? Some Sound Like Sad Exes....

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Stated it more than once...Packers are out the playoffs, so it's time to root for some Brett. There are few players (Jordan, Montana) Snake has admired in his short life, but Favre is definitely one of them. Guy is pure adrenaline and amazing to watch (IMO).

I'm sorry to see so many bag on 007 over it, lately, as I agree with her, Favre is a once of a lifetime to see/watch and is still fun to watch now that the Pack is out the playoffs.

Go Brett, I'd love to see him keep up his amazing season at 40 and win another SuperBowl. I never get tired of seeing that guy play...and fucking amazing he's one of the top 5 players in the league at 40. Get over the bitterness folks, he's gone, we have a great young QB (Arod)....so just enjoy the legend that is Favre. He's great, and fun to watch. I hate Peyton, so I hope he gets his 2nd ring over that guy (and will be a fun SB to watch).

Really, it sounds like a bad breakup..but I'm sure most of you Rats have had a good relationship (Favre) turn sour. You were bitter (maybe), and met someone else great (Arod). Did you keep hating your ex? I hope not, so let it go. We are happy (Arod), and he's happy (Favre). I don't get the whole hatred/severe bitterness. Favre didn't make us lose against the Cards....and I don't advocate you have to cheer him on, but quit the hate for those us that enjoy seeing him play, yet.

We are never going to see another player in sports for a long time as fun, charismatic, and engaging, and as good as Brett has been as an NFL QB for a long time. I don't look at him as a traitor, but as a dude that wanted to prove himself and did in spades (as he was traded) to a shithole team, and now has a chance to redeem himself. He's demonstrated that he's still MVP worthy at 40 at the toughest position in all of sports. I respect the hell out of that.

Hate 007/Snake, etc. but quit hating on the fact that the dude is legitimately one of the best athletes of ANY sport all-time. He's amazing and electrifying to watch. You never know what you are gonna get, and blew away what I (a Brett fan) thought was possible at 40 in 2010. I give him props. He's still an MVP (best season he EVER had at 40) and might play till he's 50. Tough SOB for sure and Snake's favorite player EVER by far. I can't get enough Favre....and hope he plays for several more years. Just stop being so bitter. Damn, it gets tiresome.

The dude (Favre) has fun in that recent "Pants Down" video and that's what it's all about. His teammates like him (I like him), he wins, puts up crazy stats, and is must see TV. What else is there to say? For those bitching, get over it. You had your chance whining he was done 5 years ago to get rid of him, now that he's elite (MVP worthy) for a rival, you rear your ugly heads. Stuff it. Dude is a legend, deal with his awesome sauce. Stay true or stuff it. I bet most of ya haters love the shit out his HOF induction whenever he retires. Regardless, it makes me sick that so many hate on him as a Vike/retirement, but hung on his every move as a Packer. Give it up. The dude is great, still elite (top 5 player) and fun as hell to watch.

Quit the fucking bitching/bashing and enjoy history in progress. You won't see another QB of his stature/winning ability/physical prowess again anytime soon. Rare breed indeed. Amazing player that wills teams to win and is SO fun to watch....Peyton is great (for ex.) but has no charisma (could care less about the guy). Favre = winning (maybe not playoffs/SB's overall) but you always get the opportunity to win. I'm sure some jackass will try and pick apart/statify the wins, but that's what is it about. His team's believe in him (and that makes him an MVP any year he laces it up). He's this side of Michael Jordan for leadership on any sport team. That shit is uncoachable. That is why Snake is a Favre fan. You always believe you have a chance to win. Well, the Vikes have that now.

Go Brett...Go Brett. Get that 2nd ring.

So what's the problem? Sounds like you guys that hate on Brett lately, are all salty he's doing it with a rival? So what? The Pack (TT) didn't want him and moved on? We did well with Arod, so get over it. Quit acting all bitchy about it. Makes you look like that emotional wreck of an ex that can't get over the best guy they had finding someone else. Who cares what she says (Favre in this scenario)? Move on and enjoy life. I've had exes move on and didn't hold it against them...esp. when I was the one doing the break up. Sounds like some of ya have some bitter shit craving your ex. Sad. Get over it. Not saying you have to enjoy seeing your ex doing well, but if you have a good relationship (ARod) why hate on the former? Get over it and move on.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Snake, it's never ever ever ever ever EVER time to root for the Vikings. It's not about Brett specifically, but as long as he continues to try to hand our Vince Lombardi Trophy to the purple devils to the west he'll continue to earn my hatred. Fuck Favre. Fuck the Vikings. Fuck'em all.

Don't make it personal and it won't bother you so much. It's about the team he plays for, first and foremost. I think most of us could have gotten over the messy divorce and our hatred of that, but he's a Viking now and in the end EVERY SINGLE VIKING gets shat on by this Packer fan. If they didn't want me to hate on them they wouldn't be Vikings. But that brings us to the absolute BIGGEST point of all - they don't care whether we hate them or not. It doesn't matter to them. Why does it matter to you?

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Snake, it's never ever ever ever ever EVER time to root for the Vikings. It's not about Brett specifically, but as long as he continues to try to hand our Vince Lombardi Trophy to the purple devils to the west he'll continue to earn my hatred. Fuck Favre. Fuck the Vikings. Fuck'em all.

Don't make it personal and it won't bother you so much. It's about the team he plays for, first and foremost. I think most of us could have gotten over the messy divorce and our hatred of that, but he's a Viking now and in the end EVERY SINGLE VIKING gets shat on by this Packer fan. If they didn't want me to hate on them they wouldn't be Vikings. But that brings us to the absolute BIGGEST point of all - they don't care whether we hate them or not. It doesn't matter to them. Why does it matter to you?

LOL. You missed the whole point, Gun. I don't mind fans of teams at all. I know many Bears fans, a few Vikes fans and respect their views. I could care less what peeps think about teams (I hate the Vikes).

This has nothing to do with hating the Vikes. This was about the Favre haters that hate on him for nothing other than hatred, jealousy, misguided BS as a some sort of traitor when he was the one booted, and now rises like a Phoenix from the ashes and peeps/some Rats like to call out those that like Brett as some sort of cancerous beyotch. That makes me sick. Favre would have to go all OJ (and stab some hot blonde chick to death) for me to hate on his player-ability. I don't cheer the Vikes at all, but totally cheer Favre the player.

I don't care who fans root for, for their teams. My problem is when some fans/Rats hate on a certain player or fellow fans/Rats for liking a player regardless of team (in this case, Brett). I hate Cutler, but, I don't hate my Bear buddies or discredit them for it, though. This happens on here all the time with the Favre stuff.

My point was some grew up loving/liking Brett, and still love him as a player, and get grief for it. Snake is a big guy, but makes me sick to my stomache how some take so much grief for it around here. I could see not liking Brett for his Vike shit, but to wish ill will/talk shit on his accomplished legacy as if he was nothing is how it goes at late around here. Dude is a beast. Hate the team, not the player. It wasn't his call, or ours to root on him as fans of him as a player. It has nothing to do with the Vikes. I respect the shit out of Favre the player and love watching him play. I never said I'd root for the Vikes to win the SB, just Favre. Big difference. I could give a shit about their team as they back to 4-12 when he retires. I'd just like to see him win a SB as the player.

You totally missed the point though.

Tony Oday
01-22-2010, 04:19 AM
no reason to give grief to someone who likes him but personally I hope he throws 5 ints and loses by a landslide. He is the one that manuvered to get booted from this team and it looks like it worked out well for everyone.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-22-2010, 04:36 AM
We have a Bert thread for a reason.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Snake, read my post from a couple days ago.

We can hate Favre all we want for whatever we want. Why does it matter to you? I hate Favre because he's a Viking. I hate Favre because he said and did some things that were in conflict with what the team I support was trying to accomplish. His legacy as a Packer is toast as far as I'm concerned, at least until he takes off that ugly purple shirt he's been wearing on the weekends. There is no getting past that.

I don't have any problem with those that support individual players. What I have a problem with is fans of individual players trying to tell me I'm wrong for hating those individual players. That smacks of arrogance.

I say again, hate Favre all you want. Support him all you want. But don't EVER tell someone they're wrong for feeling the way they feel. I'm not wrong for hating Favre. You're not wrong for supporting him. You ARE wrong for telling me or anyone else they can't hate on him for whatever reason they want. As long as I'm not disrespecting you or your mother I'm allowed to hate all I want, for any reason at all. That's the point I was making.

Your thread is titled "What's with all the Favre bashing". My point, made crystal clear, is that Favre bashing is more than allowed. There's nothing wrong with it at all. Not at all. Unless of course the opposite were also true, that Favre supporting were also not allowed. Bashing 007 or any other poster here for their views would be completely out of line, but that's not what I'm seeing. What I'm seeing are attacks on Favre, and that's more than allowed. We don't have to contain our hatred of Favre any more than you are allowed to contain your support of him. We don't have to feel the same way you do about this. Stop stirring shit up dude.

What's with all the Favre bashing? Who cares, it doesn't matter anyway.

SnakeLH2006
01-22-2010, 04:43 AM
That's fine, but seeing certain posters get shit for supporting Brett makes me angry. State your points, but don't make them personal. Seen too much of that lately. Not everyone has to like everyone or the players. Agreed. Keep it off limits to not rip on certain peeps that like certain players and it's a-ok. That's what I was sick of seeing.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 05:20 AM
That's fine, but seeing certain posters get shit for supporting Brett makes me angry. State your points, but don't make them personal. Seen too much of that lately. Not everyone has to like everyone or the players. Agreed. Keep it off limits to not rip on certain peeps that like certain players and it's a-ok. That's what I was sick of seeing.

Agreed.

Bashing 007 or any other poster here for their views would be completely out of line, but that's not what I'm seeing.

But that's not what you were saying earlier.

This was about the Favre haters that hate on him for nothing other than hatred, jealousy, misguided BS as a some sort of traitor when he was the one booted

I could see not liking Brett for his Vike shit, but to wish ill will/talk shit on his accomplished legacy as if he was nothing is how it goes at late around here. Dude is a beast. Hate the team, not the player.

That sounds like you ripping on Rats for hating on Favre, not for disrespecting other Rats. As does the title of this thread

You totally missed the point though.

You're right, I'm completely confused.

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 05:28 AM
Sweet! Another Favre thread.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 05:29 AM
This ain't a Favre thread, it's a Packerrats thread. The thread is about US, not Favre.

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 05:53 AM
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 06:14 AM
I think it's pretty obvious what's going on here.

As do I.

This was about the Favre haters

That sounds like you ripping on Rats for hating on Favre

Keep it off limits to not rip on certain peeps that like certain players and it's a-ok.

You don't have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion we're actually having, kindly stay out of it please. This ain't a Favre thread.

mission
01-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Why is this the only Packer forum on the net that still has this bullshit going on ??

Packersnews.net and packerchatters has no mobbs, 007s, snakes, etc

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 06:53 AM
There was nothing wrong with this thread until a couple posters decided to come in and ruin our discussion. Thanks guys.

Joemailman
01-22-2010, 07:04 AM
You don't have anything worthwhile to add to the discussion we're actually having, kindly stay out of it please. This ain't a Favre thread.

If it's not a Favre thread (despite the fact that the first word in the title of the thread is Favre), shouldn't this thread be in the Romper Room?

denverYooper
01-22-2010, 07:19 AM
We can have a meta-discussion on bashing but it extends past just the topic of he-who-can't-be-named and the grouping of principals involved. And that's fine. It's not like that hasn't been done several times with no result. The discussion should not even exist in the Packers forum and I think that if we're going to have the bashing discussion over again within the context of a polarizing figure and an internet crush, the discussion should at least be moved to the RR or the GC.

Last I checked, also, this was a public forum. If you guys wanted to have your private discussion on the morality of bashing there are ways to do so. There are those of us who have had this discussion in the past at length and those of us who have been up all night tending to a fussy baby and wanted to post their feelings without expatiating at length regarding the fact that they feel that:
a.) a case can be made that this discussion should indeed take place in the Favre thread;
b.) the morality and bashing discussion has been had with little effect, much to the frustration of those virtual Spinozans among us and
c.) this one thread starts off with very specific principals in the example and there is an interaction history of said principals. the OP has been at times less than kind to other posters that lack certain anatomical features, going so far as to post and say extremely offensive things about them.

So forgive my purposefully obscure posts but color me skeptical regarding the actual motivations behind this thread.

Brandon494
01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Screw that!

Its the Vikings! :evil:

I could root for him if he was still playing for the Jets but get over your man crush on Favre.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 07:49 AM

If it's not a Favre thread (despite the fact that the first word in the title of the thread is Favre), shouldn't this thread be in the Romper Room?

Hey Joe, did you read the discussion we were having or did you just read the title?

In any case, it was a discussion between me and Snake. The discussion was open to anybody with anything worthwhile to contribute. I was hopeful that any contributions would actually be worthwhile to our discussion. So much for that.

And yes, you are correct. This thread should go into the Romper Room. Admin, please move it at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 08:01 AM
We can have a meta-discussion on bashing but it extends past just the topic of he-who-can't-be-named and the grouping of principals involved. And that's fine. It's not like that hasn't been done several times with no result. The discussion should not even exist in the Packers forum and I think that if we're going to have the bashing discussion over again within the context of a polarizing figure and an internet crush, the discussion should at least be moved to the RR or the GC.

Last I checked, also, this was a public forum. If you guys wanted to have your private discussion on the morality of bashing there are ways to do so. There are those of us who have had this discussion in the past at length and those of us who have been up all night tending to a fussy baby and wanted to post their feelings without expatiating at length regarding the fact that they feel that:
a.) a case can be made that this discussion should indeed take place in the Favre thread;
b.) the morality and bashing discussion has been had with little effect, much to the frustration of those virtual Spinozans among us and
c.) this one thread starts off with very specific principals in the example and there is an interaction history of said principals. the OP has been at times less than kind to other posters that lack certain anatomical features, going so far as to post and say extremely offensive things about them.

So forgive my purposefully obscure posts but color me skeptical regarding the actual motivations behind this thread.

First, you are right, this thread should be in the Romper Room. Snake made it last night, Admin hasn't been on to move it yet, and I am commenting on it. Forgive me.

Second, it wasn't a private discussion. It was open to anyone with anything worthwhile to add. Like I said, if you have anything worthwhile to add feel free. Otherwise please stay out of it. The forum may be a public one, but the subject matter was fairly specific - if you bothered to read the discussion, that is.

Lastly, I understand your point about the original post. It took me 30 minutes to divert the focus away from Favre and onto where it really belonged. I never wanted to bitch about Favre. I simply wanted to make it clear that bashing Favre is perfectly okay, that Favre doesn't need his fans to stand up for him. That there's absolutely nothing wrong with those type of posts so long as personal attacks on the poster stay out of the rebuttal. Same goes for support of Favre. So far, even in this thread, there haven't been any personal attacks on any posters, pro or con. So I don't understand what everyone is so worked up about. Nobody insulted you. Nobody insulted anyone. What's the big deal?

If a minor annoyance is all this is to you, simply click on another thread you'd be more interested in. And if anybody else has anything related to the subject matter they'd like to say, feel free to do so in this thread. It's not that difficult.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Screw that!

Its the Vikings! :evil:

I could root for him if he was still playing for the Jets...

End your sentence there Brandon. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

swede
01-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Leave him alone! Can't you see he has enough to deal with being on the cover of SI? Do you know what that means? DO YOU?

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/youtube__leave_britney_alone_200709.jpg

MichiganPackerFan
01-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Why is this the only Packer forum on the net that still has this bullshit going on ??

And that's a big reason why i won't visit those sites! I don't have to agree with a poster to appreciate them.

Pugger
01-22-2010, 08:45 AM

Then you don't read the sportsbubbler...

SkinBasket
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow. This is a fresh and new discussion. Why haven't we ever covered this before?

sheepshead
01-22-2010, 09:22 AM
As a Packer fan, I cannot root for the Vikings to do anything except career ending injuries to key players. Second, I am in the minority here in that I think the Packers bent over backwards for this guy, kept him a year too long and respectfully sucked it up as Brett went off like a teenage girl all over the press. I don't blame him for wanting to play and play for a good team. I wont be cheering for the guy ever again.

Smidgeon
01-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Wow! I just got déjà vu. Weird.

Smidgeon
01-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Wow! I just got déjà vu. Weird.

MOBB DEEP
01-22-2010, 10:53 AM
Stated it more than once...Packers are out the playoffs, so it's time to root for some Brett. There are few players (Jordan, Montana) Snake has admired in his short life, but Favre is definitely one of them. Guy is pure adrenaline and amazing to watch (IMO).

I'm sorry to see so many bag on 007 over it, lately, as I agree with her, Favre is a once of a lifetime to see/watch and is still fun to watch now that the Pack is out the playoffs.

Go Brett, I'd love to see him keep up his amazing season at 40 and win another SuperBowl. I never get tired of seeing that guy play...and fucking amazing he's one of the top 5 players in the league at 40. Get over the bitterness folks, he's gone, we have a great young QB (Arod)....so just enjoy the legend that is Favre. He's great, and fun to watch. I hate Peyton, so I hope he gets his 2nd ring over that guy (and will be a fun SB to watch).

Really, it sounds like a bad breakup..but I'm sure most of you Rats have had a good relationship (Favre) turn sour. You were bitter (maybe), and met someone else great (Arod). Did you keep hating your ex? I hope not, so let it go. We are happy (Arod), and he's happy (Favre). I don't get the whole hatred/severe bitterness. Favre didn't make us lose against the Cards....and I don't advocate you have to cheer him on, but quit the hate for those us that enjoy seeing him play, yet.

We are never going to see another player in sports for a long time as fun, charismatic, and engaging, and as good as Brett has been as an NFL QB for a long time. I don't look at him as a traitor, but as a dude that wanted to prove himself and did in spades (as he was traded) to a shithole team, and now has a chance to redeem himself. He's demonstrated that he's still MVP worthy at 40 at the toughest position in all of sports. I respect the hell out of that.

Hate 007/Snake, etc. but quit hating on the fact that the dude is legitimately one of the best athletes of ANY sport all-time. He's amazing and electrifying to watch. You never know what you are gonna get, and blew away what I (a Brett fan) thought was possible at 40 in 2010. I give him props. He's still an MVP (best season he EVER had at 40) and might play till he's 50. Tough SOB for sure and Snake's favorite player EVER by far. I can't get enough Favre....and hope he plays for several more years. Just stop being so bitter. Damn, it gets tiresome.

The dude (Favre) has fun in that recent "Pants Down" video and that's what it's all about. His teammates like him (I like him), he wins, puts up crazy stats, and is must see TV. What else is there to say? For those bitching, get over it. You had your chance whining he was done 5 years ago to get rid of him, now that he's elite (MVP worthy) for a rival, you rear your ugly heads. Stuff it. Dude is a legend, deal with his awesome sauce. Stay true or stuff it. I bet most of ya haters love the shit out his HOF induction whenever he retires. Regardless, it makes me sick that so many hate on him as a Vike/retirement, but hung on his every move as a Packer. Give it up. The dude is great, still elite (top 5 player) and fun as hell to watch.

Quit the fucking bitching/bashing and enjoy history in progress. You won't see another QB of his stature/winning ability/physical prowess again anytime soon. Rare breed indeed. Amazing player that wills teams to win and is SO fun to watch....Peyton is great (for ex.) but has no charisma (could care less about the guy). Favre = winning (maybe not playoffs/SB's overall) but you always get the opportunity to win. I'm sure some jackass will try and pick apart/statify the wins, but that's what is it about. His team's believe in him (and that makes him an MVP any year he laces it up). He's this side of Michael Jordan for leadership on any sport team. That shit is uncoachable. That is why Snake is a Favre fan. You always believe you have a chance to win. Well, the Vikes have that now.

So what's the problem? Sounds like you guys that hate on Brett lately, are all salty he's doing it with a rival? So what? The Pack (TT) didn't want him and moved on? We did well with Arod, so get over it. Quit acting all bitchy about it. Makes you look like that emotional wreck of an ex that can't get over the best guy they had finding someone else. Who cares what she says (Favre in this scenario)? Move on and enjoy life. I've had exes move on and didn't hold it against them...esp. when I was the one doing the break up. Sounds like some of ya have some bitter shit craving your ex. Sad. Get over it. Not saying you have to enjoy seeing your ex doing well, but if you have a good relationship (ARod) why hate on the former? Get over it and move on.

well put

MOBB DEEP
01-22-2010, 10:57 AM

willing to bet my life that they have plenty skirt wearing whiners... :wink:

5 words

Broke Spoke Bar Kiln, Miss

rofl

Bossman641
01-22-2010, 10:59 AM

4 words

Broke (1) Spoke (2) Bar (3) and (4) Grill (5)

rofl

ROFL indeed

Bossman641
01-22-2010, 11:00 AM

4 words

Broke (1) Spoke (2) Bar (3) and (4) Grill (5)

rofl

ROFL indeed

Damnit Mobb why'd you have to go and edit your post :D

MOBB DEEP
01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
he he he...

BTW, i dont think there needs to be more than one favre thread...it does get a lil stiffing though to be sure

and its kinda unfair but im down with "the majority rules"

Administrator
01-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Snake - there is already a thread for Favre discussion. If that was not your point for this thread it should not have been posted in the packers area. Consider this a warning.

mraynrand
01-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Leave him alone! Can't you see he has enough to deal with being on the cover of SI? Do you know what that means? DO YOU?

Favre is on the cover of SI?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/SIFavre.jpg

mraynrand
01-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Snake - there is already a thread for Favre discussion. If that was not your point for this thread it should not have been posted in the packers area. Consider this a warning.

So is the policy that any new Favre thread gets a warning? What is the policy? lame

sheepshead

Holy Shit, now what rules are being broken? Is this stuff published somewhere? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I dont get it. Seems like a reasonable topic to me.

mraynrand

Holy Shit, now what rules are being broken? Is this stuff published somewhere? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, I dont get it. Seems like a reasonable topic to me.

You have been warned.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
There was nothing wrong with this thread until a couple posters decided to come in and ruin our discussion. Thanks guys.

Have it in private then. Ty didn't see it labeled a Gunny and Snake private Favre thread.

You have PM, feel free to use it.

Freak Out
01-22-2010, 04:45 PM
DAYUM!

Joemailman
01-22-2010, 04:54 PM

So is the policy that any new Favre thread gets a warning? What is the policy? lame

I think the policy was to have 1 Favre thread in the Packer Forum so you don't end up with 15 Favre threads like we had the day the Packers traded him.

Administrator
01-22-2010, 06:23 PM

I think the policy was to have 1 Favre thread in the Packer Forum so you don't end up with 15 Favre threads like we had the day the Packers traded him.

It is really that simple. Was it any fun to read this when every other post was "ANOTHER FAVRE THREAD?". Then I comment that we already have a Favre thread and hear "WOW, WE BROKE THE RULES? WHAT RULES".

ridiculous.

Gunakor
01-22-2010, 06:48 PM

Have it in private then. Ty didn't see it labeled a Gunny and Snake private Favre thread.

Did you read my posts in this thread Ty? I said, verbatim, this was an open discussion to anyone with anything worthwhile to add. Had it taken place in PM's nobody else could have joined the discussion should they have had anything worthwhile to say. If you don't, don't post here. Someone else might. Get it?

mraynrand
01-22-2010, 09:24 PM

It is really that simple. Was it any fun to read this when every other post was "ANOTHER FAVRE THREAD?". Then I comment that we already have a Favre thread and hear "WOW, WE BROKE THE RULES? WHAT RULES".

ridiculous.

I think you're ridiculous. Your so called rules are arbitrary and absurd. One Favre thread only? Really? lame. But hey, it's your web site.

mraynrand
01-22-2010, 09:25 PM

And? So what? It was pretty wild, but people settled on threads they wanted to comment on or not. But if you wanted to be treated like a child, feel free.

MJZiggy
01-22-2010, 09:30 PM

And? So what? It was pretty wild, but people settled on threads they wanted to comment on or not. But if you wanted to be treated like a child, feel free.

Don't rewrite history. Mad got sick of all the crap and we all settled on the one thread so that the forum wouldn't be completely deserted by anyone who wanted to do anything besides fight about Favre. It was done for a reason and Joe just continued what Mad did (because it's a good idea and makes sense, but damn common sense, right?).

mraynrand
01-22-2010, 09:45 PM

Don't rewrite history. Mad got sick of all the crap and we all settled on the one thread so that the forum wouldn't be completely deserted by anyone who wanted to do anything besides fight about Favre. It was done for a reason and Joe just continued what Mad did (because it's a good idea and makes sense, but damn common sense, right?).

Sure, if you have no self-control or discipline, have weak skin, etc. Sure, then you need a nanny to decide how much and how many Favre threads and comments you decide to pay attention to - people wanted to argue about it - they still do. Those who don't, avoid Favre threads and Favre discussion and participate in other threads - unless they have no discipline or self-control.

Joemailman
01-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Ah yes, those days of yesteryear...

http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewforum.php?f=10&topicdays=0&start=3780

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 01:21 AM

Did you read my posts in this thread Ty? I said, verbatim, this was an open discussion to anyone with anything worthwhile to add. Had it taken place in PM's nobody else could have joined the discussion should they have had anything worthwhile to say. If you don't, don't post here. Someone else might. Get it?

The point is that you are determining what is worthwhile and what ruins it. If you feel that others are doing that, or could do that..then it is best you not continue in a public forum.

Who are you to judge what is worthwhile. No insult intended.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 01:26 AM

Sure, if you have no self-control or discipline, have weak skin, etc. Sure, then you need a nanny to decide how much and how many Favre threads and comments you decide to pay attention to - people wanted to argue about it - they still do. Those who don't, avoid Favre threads and Favre discussion and participate in other threads - unless they have no discipline or self-control.

Seriously, what the fuck is your problem. The issue was solved long ago. One Favre thread.

If you don't like it, don't post here.

Most good forums have some sort of modding going on. Eliminating duplicate threads, moving threads, merging simultaneous conversations, etc.

Stop being an ass. Ty has has had his issues with joe the admin, but the consensus of the forum on this issue has long been achieved. One Favre thread.

P.S. Joe please don't view this as support for your rule. Ty still has issues with you. :wink:

Gunakor
01-23-2010, 01:48 AM

The point is that you are determining what is worthwhile and what ruins it. If you feel that others are doing that, or could do that..then it is best you not continue in a public forum.

Fair enough Ty. I don't claim to be the authority on what is and is not a worthwhile contribution to someone else's conversation. My determination was simply that since your comment had no relevance whatsoever to our conversation it could not be considered a worthwhile contribution. That's a pretty fair judgement, isn't it?

Please explain how, in your opinion, this contribution of yours was worthwhile to the conversation we were having.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 02:24 AM

Fair enough Ty. I don't claim to be the authority on what is and is not a worthwhile contribution to someone else's conversation. My determination was simply that since your comment had no relevance whatsoever to our conversation it could not be considered a worthwhile contribution. That's a pretty fair judgement, isn't it?

Please explain how, in your opinion, this contribution of yours was worthwhile to the conversation we were having.

Do you even realize what you are saying? You now have labeled a thread as "our conversation." If it is your convo..then it should take place between you two privately. Furthermore, Ty doesn't get where you think it was your convo. Ty posted and there were maybe 3 total posts before his. That certainly doesn't qualify as a conversation nor was it established.

Also, Ty isn't personalizing your comment about worthwhile. There were other posters...you said so yourself.

It is worthwhile because it educates/admonishes a poster to not create Favre threads..or create more of them. And, it was intended to get snake and others to utilize the appropriate venue for this type of discussion.

Your discussing anything with him only feeds into the creation and justification of these type of threads.

The proof is in the pudding. He was warned by the admin and the thread was moved.

Gunakor
01-23-2010, 03:06 AM
He wasn't warned by the Admin not to create these threads. He was warned not to create them in the Packer room, and Admin is right it should have been created here in the first place. Because, and listen carefully Ty because this is the point you seem to be missing, THIS ISN'T A FAVRE THREAD. At least not until everybody started bitching about it being a Favre thread anyway. When you and the others started bitching about it, it became a Favre thread.

There were others, but you are the one bantering with me about it. So now this has become a conversation between you and I. But it's still not about Favre.

So it doesn't belong in the Packer room. That's what the warning was about.

As far as "our conversation" goes, between Snake and I, 2 people can have a conversation while leaving it open to others to contribute. "Our conversation" doesn't mean just the two of us, "Our" refers to any number of people who wish to join. We'd just hope that the other contributions were at the very least relevant to what the 2 of us were discussing. Are you really that hard headed that you can't understand that? It was NOT a private conversation. It just isn't open to any old "We already have a Bert thread" comment. Keep your comments specifically to the subject matter and there's no problems.

Contribute something else. Or don't contribute at all. I'd prefer the latter, but you're more than entitled to be an asshole if that's what you really want. Free speech and public forum and all. Just be aware of what it is you're doing. Your comment had no relevance whatsoever to what Snake and I were talking about. You didn't have to post it. You did that of your own free will. And the only justification you can give is "Well, it was relevant to MY agenda to rid all threads with the word FAVRE in the title from these forums."

I'll bet I could start a thread with the word FAVRE in the title only to talk about Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings the entire thread, without mentioning Favre's name even once beyond the title, and I'd still be chastised for creating another FAVRE thread. That's how fucked up this situation has become. If the discussion isn't about bashing Favre for throwing INT's or putting him on a pedastal for winning a Super Bowl with the Packers, or a discussion about the messy divorce, or his time with the Jets, or his fucked up quest to bring a Lombardi Trophy to Vikingland...

It's not a Favre thread.

(which is why it was moved to the Romper Room)

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 04:01 AM
He wasn't warned by the Admin not to create these threads. He was warned not to create them in the Packer room, and Admin is right it should have been created here in the first place. Because, and listen carefully Ty because this is the point you seem to be missing, THIS ISN'T A FAVRE THREAD. At least not until everybody started bitching about it being a Favre thread anyway. When you and the others started bitching about it, it became a Favre thread.

There were others, but you are the one bantering with me about it. So now this has become a conversation between you and I. But it's still not about Favre.

So it doesn't belong in the Packer room. That's what the warning was about.

As far as "our conversation" goes, between Snake and I, 2 people can have a conversation while leaving it open to others to contribute. "Our conversation" doesn't mean just the two of us, "Our" refers to any number of people who wish to join. We'd just hope that the other contributions were at the very least relevant to what the 2 of us were discussing. Are you really that hard headed that you can't understand that? It was NOT a private conversation. It just isn't open to any old "We already have a Bert thread" comment. Keep your comments specifically to the subject matter and there's no problems.

Contribute something else. Or don't contribute at all. I'd prefer the latter, but you're more than entitled to be an asshole if that's what you really want. Free speech and public forum and all. Just be aware of what it is you're doing. Your comment had no relevance whatsoever to what Snake and I were talking about. You didn't have to post it. You did that of your own free will. And the only justification you can give is "Well, it was relevant to MY agenda to rid all threads with the word FAVRE in the title from these forums."

I'll bet I could start a thread with the word FAVRE in the title only to talk about Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings the entire thread, without mentioning Favre's name even once beyond the title, and I'd still be chastised for creating another FAVRE thread. That's how fucked up this situation has become. If the discussion isn't about bashing Favre for throwing INT's or putting him on a pedastal for winning a Super Bowl with the Packers, or a discussion about the messy divorce, or his time with the Jets, or his fucked up quest to bring a Lombardi Trophy to Vikingland...

It's not a Favre thread.

(which is why it was moved to the Romper Room)

1. Yes. Not to create it in the packer forum. Who said differently? Ty's post was that there was a bert thread for a reason. what you are doing is changing what the admin said. He stated there was a Favre thread..and if it wasn't the intent then it shouldn't have been posted there. So, no, you are wrong about the warning. There is nothing from the admin that even remotely suggests that he believes snake mistakenly posted it in the wrong forum. His first thought is that there is a favre thread.
2. Dude, the title of the thread is Favre: what is with the bashing. Sorry, it is a favre thread.
3. Bitching? Dude, you need to get off your high horse. Simply stating there is a reason for the favre thread ain't bitching. And, those that are bitching are RIGHT. They are tired of Favre threads...no matter how tangential they may appear. Like Ty said, the proof is in the pudding, thread moved and snake warned.
4. conversation. Dude, you are flat out wrong. Ty posted at 3 posts. That ain't a conversation and it clearly wasn't established. Nor, most importantly, was it ever established that it was tween you and snake. If you two want to create threads and determine what is worthwhile there is a simple solution..start your own message board. Ty is sorry to tell you that a conversation isn't determined by two people. YOu guys don't get to determine the course of the conversation.
5. It is you that is hard headed. Threads evolve and devolve all the time. That is the truth, face it. And, again, 3 posts in doesn't establish anything.
6. Again, you are determining relevance. Sorry, but you arent' the mod. And, your thread is part of the packer forum. It exists within a framework and a history. If you can't see that then there is really no hope for you. Titling a thread called favre: what is with the bashing...is going to get certain responses. What you fail to understand is that some people aren't going to read snake's diatribe and your response..they are gonna respond strictly to
the thread title. Wow..is that really so hard or unusual that you dont' understand it?
7. You are prolly right. People would react. Knowing that, why are you being so dense as to criticize people for making the posts they did? Do you live in the real world or pretend? If you know that people are gonna react why do you get upset about not making worthwhile posts.

The simple fact is that the thread shouldn't have been started in the Packer forum and many of us are/were tired of that shit long ago. YOu can argue about it not being a favre thread, but you are splitting hairs. It is a favre thread.

I dont' know what you were reading but here are some selected parts of snake's original post:

Packers are out the playoffs, so it's time to root for some Brett.

Go Brett, I'd love to see him keep up his amazing season at 40 and win another SuperBowl. I never get tired of seeing that guy play...and fucking amazing he's one of the top 5 players in the league at 40.

Quit the fucking bitching/bashing and enjoy history in progress. You won't see another QB of his stature/winning ability/physical prowess again anytime soon. Rare breed indeed. Amazing player that wills teams to win and is SO fun to watch....Peyton is great (for ex.) but has no charisma (could care less about the guy). Favre = winning (maybe not playoffs/SB's overall) but you always get the opportunity to win.

Yeah, it ain't a Favre thread. You really need to stop with this foolishness. It most certainly was a Favre thread.

A thread telling us to stop bashing him. A thread about extolling his accomplishments. A thread about how great he is, won't see another like him anytime soon, and how he is better (personality wise) than Peyton.

Yeah, certainly not a Favre thread. Yikes. :lol:

What you dont' get is that is that it was a Favre thread, but in your conversation evolved into something else and that is why it was moved.

Gunakor
01-23-2010, 06:18 AM
1. If the admin thought it was most certainly another Favre thread he'd have deleted it altogether, not moved it to the Romper Room. He moved it to the Romper Room because the discussion isn't football related, thus has no business in the Packer room. I agreed with that assesment. Glad you do to. No arguments there. But as far as I'm concerned, new Favre threads don't belong in the Romper Room either. They don't belong at all. If this really was another thread dedicated to Brett it wouldn't exist anymore. Or at least it shouldn't.

2. Again with the title. Get past the title to the meat of the discussion.

3. You are tired of Favre threads. But it wasn't a Favre discussion, just a Favre title. If you can't tolerate Favre titles, what are YOU doing at a public forum?

4. By the time Ty posted in this thread the topic had already been diverted from the bashing of Favre to bashing of other posters. And even if it hadn't yet, you still have the option of just ignoring what we're talking about rather than butting in. Our Admin will do what he does regardless how you feel about it, so you don't have to add your 2 cents. And as I've been saying all night, it wasn't a private conversation between Snake and I. I don't know where you get the private discussion part of it from. I have said repeatedly that it was an open discussion to anybody willing to comment on the topic we were discussing.

5. Correct, threads evolve all the time. Nobody is disputing that, obviously, since a thread whose title starts with the word FAVRE evolves into a different topic. This one had evolved before the 3rd post when you jumped in. In fact, this whole thread was an evolution of something Snake posted in the Favre thread just before this one was started. But as you've established in #6, the title of a thread is all that matters.

6. If your lazy ass can't be bothered to read a discussion before commenting on it, that's your problem. Don't begin to call out others because you are too lazy to read what they've said. I understand there are many, MANY people like you who likewise wouldn't be bothered to read a discussion before commenting on it. But only a few commented in THIS thread, which is the only one I'm arguing with you. And there is only ONE who is continuing to argue this with me. So don't be surprised if my comments are directed at you.

I agree with your simple fact. I've stated this time after time in this thread that it should have been started in the Romper Room rather than the Packer room. Did you read that in any of my previous posts, or can't you be bothered to read those either now that we're actually having this discussion. I'm with you on this one. But the Admin wasn't on during the middle of the night when Snake created it, while I was on during the middle of the night to comment on it. As soon as Admin saw the thread it was moved, and you haven't heard one complaint from me. I'm glad we can agree on at least ONE simple fact.

I had also commented on the original post, and how it took me a whole 30 minutes to divert the discussion away from that. I wouldn't expect you to get this if you weren't privy to his other posts that night, but this post was immediately following a post made by Snake in the Favre thread telling everybody to quit bashing 007. I knew where his mindset was at the time and diverted the conversation to that topic. And, again, if you had bothered to read the entire discussion rather than just the title and original post, you'd have gotten to this:

That's fine, but seeing certain posters get shit for supporting Brett makes me angry. State your points, but don't make them personal. Seen too much of that lately. Not everyone has to like everyone or the players. Agreed. Keep it off limits to not rip on certain peeps that like certain players and it's a-ok That's what I was sick of seeing.

That's what he was really arguing. Believe me, I understand if you didn't know, but I did and that's the conversation we ended up having. So I really didn't see the problem with having that discussion. But it annoys Ty, so I guess we shouldn't have it anymore. Sorry Ty. I'll refrain from discussing topics that aren't to your liking in the future.

sheepshead
01-23-2010, 07:03 AM

ridiculous.

I think you're ridiculous. Your so called rules are arbitrary and absurd. One Favre thread only? Really? lame. But hey, it's your web site.

I agree. Im missing something here I guess. I thought it was a good discussion. I never even opened the other threads, they got too big to deal with.

SnakeLH2006
01-23-2010, 10:12 AM

ridiculous.

I agree. Im missing something here I guess. I thought it was a good discussion. I never even opened the other threads, they got too big to deal with.

I agree. One topic for Favre stuff?....Who really has time to check 20 new pages a week on a topic? I rarely check that topic cuz it just overflows and is a real pain to dig through a cumbersome mess of pages to find out what's new and isn't new. With as fast as new topics come and go around here, I look to post new topics and read new topics. Why not have only 5 megatopics, then, to avoid warnings for posting to the wrong section or topic?

To Gun: You were right, sir. Favre was just a title word for the most part, as you were correct in your assessment. You saw the point, as I like our early morning conversations. We might differ on opinions at times, but usually have a deece conversation about things without being pricks about it. I would have added more, but lose any passion seeing Ty ride in to derail thread after thread, as per his MO.

Patler
01-23-2010, 10:27 AM
This isn't a Favre thread? Yet Favre is referred to in every paragraph and virtually every sentence of the very lengthy originating post. It wasn't limited to the title by a long shot.

Soooo...it's not about Favre, its about the attitudes of some people about other people's attitudes about Favre? It's about the competing attitudes about Favre? Is that what you mean? And you didn't think that would instigate discussion about Favre?

That is what I hate most about this whole Favre saga. It has made otherwise rational people irrational. It has made logical people illogical. On both sides of the issue. The irrationality and illogicality are not limited to the pro-Favre group or the anti-Favre group. They are very broad-based.

mraynrand
01-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Seriously, what the fuck is your problem. The issue was solved long ago. One Favre thread.

Most good forums have some sort of modding going on. Eliminating duplicate threads, moving threads, merging simultaneous conversations, etc.

Stop being an ass. Ty has has had his issues with joe the admin, but the consensus of the forum on this issue has long been achieved. One Favre thread.

P.S. Joe please don't view this as support for your rule. Ty still has issues with you. :wink:

See, I can just ignore this. Just like I can ignore Favre threads or Favre discussion in other non-Favre-titled threads. Or I can choose to respond, without name-calling. Pretty simple, for those who have self-control.

mraynrand
01-23-2010, 11:20 AM
This isn't a Favre thread? Yet Favre is referred to in every paragraph and virtually every sentence of the very lengthy originating post. It wasn't limited to the title by a long shot.

Soooo...it's not about Favre, its about the attitudes of some people about other people's attitudes about Favre? It's about the competing attitudes about Favre? Is that what you mean? And you didn't think that would instigate discussion about Favre?

That is what I hate most about this whole Favre saga. It has made otherwise rational people irrational. It has made logical people illogical. On both sides of the issue. The irrationality and illogicality are not limited to the pro-Favre group or the anti-Favre group. They are very broad-based.

Well, the thread has become one about how to regulate a web site, especially for content that disrupts the site. "One Favre thread" appears to be the rule, with allowances for mentioning Favre in other threads. Admin will determine whether a non-Favre thread has become too Favrey to continue I suppose. I understand the need, since there are those who cannot resolve these issues on their own - (simply by stepping away from threads with the word "Favre" in them) or those who cannot engage in conversation without personal attacks, name-calling, vulgarities, etc. I also understand that there a those who incessantly PM the admin and complain, so I guess I can't blame the admin for wanting to just end the discussion. It's his forum - I get it. I think it's lame, but I think that's because I have self-control, very seldom attack posters (not counting FYI), and never complain to the admin via PM.

MJZiggy
01-23-2010, 11:52 AM

See, I can just ignore this. Just like I can ignore Favre threads or Favre discussion in other non-Favre-titled threads. Or I can choose to respond, without name-calling. Pretty simple, for those who have self-control.

And exactly who around here are you thinking has self control. The reason one Favre thread was formed is precisely because folks around here lack your self-professed self control. (like you've never in the history of this forum gotten carried away and called someone a name? Please.) Favre gets people's dander up. The reason other forums don't have this going on is because they don't allow the discussion at all.

mraynrand
01-23-2010, 12:26 PM

And exactly who around here are you thinking has self control. The reason one Favre thread was formed is precisely because folks around here lack your self-professed self control. (like you've never in the history of this forum gotten carried away and called someone a name? Please.) Favre gets people's dander up. The reason other forums don't have this going on is because they don't allow the discussion at all.

You made my point for me. I already acknowledged that the Admin has to stifle this stuff because people don't have control. I think it's lame, but it's always been true.

As far as your comment: "(like you've never in the history of this forum gotten carried away and called someone a name? Please.)" 1) read my post above. 2) Never say never

Patler
01-23-2010, 12:31 PM
I have always favored a separate Favre forum rather than a single thread. Confining different topics to a single thread is cumbersome at best. With a Favre forum, any number of Favre threads for different Favre issues could be started. Those wanting to avoid Favre matters could do so easily, and those wanting to discuss different aspects of the Favre matter could sort it out easily.

The problem initially was everyone thought their Favre thought merited a new thread, and Packer topics quickly got bumped from the first page because everyone started new Favre threads for each different piece of information, or each new slant on old information. There was a time that it wasn't worth the effort to start a Packer thread.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 04:54 PM

Sure. Congrats.

Too bad you have no self control regarding the admin. :lol:

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 05:01 PM
1. If the admin thought it was most certainly another Favre thread he'd have deleted it altogether, not moved it to the Romper Room. He moved it to the Romper Room because the discussion isn't football related, thus has no business in the Packer room. I agreed with that assesment. Glad you do to. No arguments there. But as far as I'm concerned, new Favre threads don't belong in the Romper Room either. They don't belong at all. If this really was another thread dedicated to Brett it wouldn't exist anymore. Or at least it shouldn't.

2. Again with the title. Get past the title to the meat of the discussion.

3. You are tired of Favre threads. But it wasn't a Favre discussion, just a Favre title. If you can't tolerate Favre titles, what are YOU doing at a public forum?

4. By the time Ty posted in this thread the topic had already been diverted from the bashing of Favre to bashing of other posters. And even if it hadn't yet, you still have the option of just ignoring what we're talking about rather than butting in. Our Admin will do what he does regardless how you feel about it, so you don't have to add your 2 cents. And as I've been saying all night, it wasn't a private conversation between Snake and I. I don't know where you get the private discussion part of it from. I have said repeatedly that it was an open discussion to anybody willing to comment on the topic we were discussing.

5. Correct, threads evolve all the time. Nobody is disputing that, obviously, since a thread whose title starts with the word FAVRE evolves into a different topic. This one had evolved before the 3rd post when you jumped in. In fact, this whole thread was an evolution of something Snake posted in the Favre thread just before this one was started. But as you've established in #6, the title of a thread is all that matters.

6. If your lazy ass can't be bothered to read a discussion before commenting on it, that's your problem. Don't begin to call out others because you are too lazy to read what they've said. I understand there are many, MANY people like you who likewise wouldn't be bothered to read a discussion before commenting on it. But only a few commented in THIS thread, which is the only one I'm arguing with you. And there is only ONE who is continuing to argue this with me. So don't be surprised if my comments are directed at you.

I agree with your simple fact. I've stated this time after time in this thread that it should have been started in the Romper Room rather than the Packer room. Did you read that in any of my previous posts, or can't you be bothered to read those either now that we're actually having this discussion. I'm with you on this one. But the Admin wasn't on during the middle of the night when Snake created it, while I was on during the middle of the night to comment on it. As soon as Admin saw the thread it was moved, and you haven't heard one complaint from me. I'm glad we can agree on at least ONE simple fact.

I had also commented on the original post, and how it took me a whole 30 minutes to divert the discussion away from that. I wouldn't expect you to get this if you weren't privy to his other posts that night, but this post was immediately following a post made by Snake in the Favre thread telling everybody to quit bashing 007. I knew where his mindset was at the time and diverted the conversation to that topic. And, again, if you had bothered to read the entire discussion rather than just the title and original post, you'd have gotten to this:

That's fine, but seeing certain posters get shit for supporting Brett makes me angry. State your points, but don't make them personal. Seen too much of that lately. Not everyone has to like everyone or the players. Agreed. Keep it off limits to not rip on certain peeps that like certain players and it's a-ok That's what I was sick of seeing.

That's what he was really arguing. Believe me, I understand if you didn't know, but I did and that's the conversation we ended up having. So I really didn't see the problem with having that discussion. But it annoys Ty, so I guess we shouldn't have it anymore. Sorry Ty. I'll refrain from discussing topics that aren't to your liking in the future.

1. Wrong. The admin has rarely deleted threads. He usually just moves them.
2. Title and first post by Snake. Pretty much about Favre. Patler sees it, Ty sees it, others see it.

Maybe you dont' get it. People read the first post and then get an impression. They aren't reading your particular response. Some will, some won't. Most will respond to the author's first post. It really shouldn't be that hard for you.

3. It was a favre post and discussion.

4. Diverted. AFter 3 posts? LOL Dude, keep spinning.

Private? Because you say OUR CONVERSATION. Hmm. That implies something.

5. 3 posts is an evolution? Nope. Only for you. Sorry. Your posts don't make it so.

6. Yeah, it is lazy. Ty is right, based on the responses to the first post.

Read Snake's first post again. Tell us all how it wasn't a Favre thread. Ty posted his own words..which you conveniently ignore.

Ty is thru with this.

SnakeLH2006
01-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Ty is thru with this.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/hypertextopia/public/uploads/2064/crying-ou-boy-screenshot.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
01-24-2010, 02:38 AM
Ah, back to being the usual snake. LOL

Pic: That is the best you can do. Wow. You are really slipping. Please get it together.

GBRulz
01-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Same shit, different day around here..... the same people arguing about Favre and the same people stirring up shit.

:roll:

Scott Campbell
01-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Same shit, different day around here..... the same people arguing about Favre and the same people stirring up shit.

:roll:

Hey - I haven't weighed in yet.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 12:23 AM
Ty is thru with this.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/hypertextopia/public/uploads/2064/crying-ou-boy-screenshot.jpg

Nice self portrait. Bawling like a little bitch after Favre shit the bed once again.

Scott Campbell
01-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Ty is thru with this.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/da-bears-blog/favre.JPG

GrnBay007
01-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Ty is thru with this.

Nice self portrait. Bawling like a little bitch after Favre shit the bed once again.

F you Ty. Little bitch? That's you know it all.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Ty is thru with this.

How ladylike. :oops:

Why would Ty be crying? Unless it is tears of joy.

Only people crying are you and the Favre dick suckers.

Gunakor
01-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Ty is thru with this.

See, this was the whole point of the thread. This is why people don't like you Ty, and it has nothing to do with what you say about football - which isn't a whole lot. Every day you come here and do your best to start fights. Every single day.

I liked you in the Brewers threads last summer, where you made intelligent contributions relevant to baseball and the Brewers specifically. But lately it seems your whole point in coming here is to annoy others rather than have positive discussion. When we call you out on it, we're the bad guys. What gives Ty?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Ty is thru with this.

See, this was the whole point of the thread. This is why people don't like you Ty, and it has nothing to do with what you say about football - which isn't a whole lot. Every day you come here and do your best to start fights. Every single day.

I liked you in the Brewers threads last summer, where you made intelligent contributions relevant to baseball and the Brewers specifically. But lately it seems your whole point in coming here is to annoy others rather than have positive discussion. When we call you out on it, we're the bad guys. What gives Ty?

Dude, read again. I said i was thru.

So, what does Snake do..post a pic. Ty responded to the pic. How did ty start the fight? Ty was talking with you..and said he was thru..not talking with snake.

And, Ty's response was to snake...there was no reason for 007 to make any comment.

How aren't snake and 007 the bad guys? They are attacking me personally. Ty didn't say one thing to Snake.

You need to reevaluate your perspective...or not.

Lastly, ty doesn't do anything every single day. That is ludicrous.

P.S. there are plenty that like me. Some that don't. Could care less.

GrnBay007
01-25-2010, 01:32 AM

So, what does Snake do..post a pic. Ty responded to the pic. How did ty start the fight? Ty was talking with you..and said he was thru..not talking with snake.

And, Ty's response was to snake...there was no reason for 007 to make any comment.

How aren't snake and 007 the bad guys? They are attacking me personally. Ty didn't say one thing to Snake.

Every single time you get called on something you point the finger the other way. You are like a child on the playground that gets called out for something and blames the other guy. "He did it, so why can't I....and it was worse than what I did". Not just here, you do it all over the forum.....all the time. You are a KNOW IT ALL and everyone at PR know it....some tolerate you and think you are somewhat funny ( I don't know why). I don't care if I'm the "bad guy".....I said F you because you take cheap shots and I'm sick of it.

Gunakor
01-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Ty, you and I both know that Snake always wants the last word. And I'm not endorsing his post one bit. But as you said you were through, you didn't have to respond to that pic either. You could have just let Snake be the bad guy rather than trying to 1-up him. Again. You could have just let it go.

My point was that we used to have plenty of positive discussions and those are becoming more and more infrequent. It's like you're on a crusade to prove to all of us how much better you are than we. It didn't used to be like that, at least not when you and I were bantering in the Brewers threads. Your points were about Hoffman being overused or other topics about the Brewers, not about making Snake look like an ass or calling out 007 for supporting a player you no longer have any respect for.

The "Back" button on your browser can be just as good a friend to you as the "Submit" button on the forums. Next time you catch yourself posting a demeaning comment about another poster just hit that Back button. I will as well, and I'm sure we can get 007 and Snake and everyone else to do the same. We don't have to do this.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 01:58 AM

Every single time you get called on something you point the finger the other way. You are like a child on the playground that gets called out for something and blames the other guy. "He did it, so why can't I....and it was worse than what I did". Not just here, you do it all over the forum.....all the time. You are a KNOW IT ALL and everyone at PR know it....some tolerate you and think you are somewhat funny ( I don't know why). I don't care if I'm the "bad guy".....I said F you because you take cheap shots and I'm sick of it.

Yes. That is exactly what happens.

Please point out EXACTLY where my assessment was wong. This outta be good.

I didn't point the finger. I take responsibility for what Ty did. But, there is no denying that Snake instigated against Ty. And, there is no denying that you jumped in and attacked Ty in this thread..with no provocation.

Cheap shots? You mean like a crying baby pic?

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Ty, you and I both know that Snake always wants the last word. And I'm not endorsing his post one bit. But as you said you were through, you didn't have to respond to that pic either. You could have just let Snake be the bad guy rather than trying to 1-up him. Again. You could have just let it go.

My point was that we used to have plenty of positive discussions and those are becoming more and more infrequent. It's like you're on a crusade to prove to all of us how much better you are than we. It didn't used to be like that, at least not when you and I were bantering in the Brewers threads. Your points were about Hoffman being overused or other topics about the Brewers, not about making Snake look like an ass or calling out 007 for supporting a player you no longer have any respect for.

The "Back" button on your browser can be just as good a friend to you as the "Submit" button on the forums. Next time you catch yourself posting a demeaning comment about another poster just hit that Back button. I will as well, and I'm sure we can get 007 and Snake and everyone else to do the same. We don't have to do this.

Gun,

You are right. Ty could have. But, Snake has long attacked me and at some point ty is not going to turn the other cheek. Ty's post of "thru" was directed at you.

And, if you notice, Ty's initial response to Snake's long diatribe was practically nothing.

You will notice that he EDITED his long comments about Ty....attacking me personally..and replaced them with the pic. Ty said nothing..didn't respond.

Your lesson to Ty is well stated...perhaps you could make it to Snake as well. Remember, Ty isn't saying shit about you or Snake personally. And, snake has NUMEROUS posts where he goes off on me..and others.

Today, after the win..the crying baby pic seemed funny..as why would ty be crying in the first place..and more like Snake after Bert shit the bed.

Ty is still on point on many other discussions. And, Ty doesn't call out anybody..let alone 007. Ty can't post in the Favre thread without them having to call him out. Goes both ways.

Crusade? Dude, i think you are letting one area....the favre area...warp your perspective. Name one other contentious thread.

Ty has heard your argument. If you want to talk about demeaning comments...best to talk to Snake. Ty will try to heed you advice.

Gunakor
01-25-2010, 02:57 AM

This statement was the one I first replied to tonight. To say you don't call out anyone, let alone 007, is completely false. This statement can easily be read as you calling 007 one of the Favre dick suckers that are crying. My entire argument this entire thread has been about specifically that - NOT calling anyone out as a Favre dick sucker, or a Favre hater, or anything else. You do in fact get personal with posters, even if you don't realize.

You are right. Ty could have. But, Snake has long attacked me and at some point ty is not going to turn the other cheek.

You have long attacked him too. I don't know how it started, honestly. You are no more guiltless than he is, that much I'm certain of. But you are playing this chicken and egg game with him, and as long as you continue to play that game it will never end. He won't stop until you do, you won't stop until he does. How will that solve anything? Be the bigger man and make the first move. And the second, and third, and fourth if the situation calls for it.

Your lesson to Ty is well stated...perhaps you could make it to Snake as well.

I don't have to, he'll read this same as you are. (Good thing we aren't having our "private" discussion via PM, or I'd have to go through this whole thing again for him via PM). The reason I'm calling you out rather than Snake in this instance is because the two of us actually were having positive dialogue initially. You didn't even have to post in his thread to begin with, and that's a bigger issue to me than what you actually posted. Yes it is a public forum, but you couldn't honestly expect to post what you did and not be retaliated against. If that's all you had to contribute, and you know that you and Snake get into it all the time to begin with, you could have just hit the Back button rather than the Submit button in Snake's thread. It would have saved all 3 of us a long and drawn out argument. IMO you started this one.

Remember, Ty isn't saying shit about you or Snake personally.

So I guess I'm not some dummy with reading comprehension issues now?

Crusade? Dude, i think you are letting one area....the favre area...warp your perspective. Name one other contentious thread.

Off the very top of my head, the one I mentioned/referenced just above. That's the most recent I've been involved in, but I'm certain there are a few others that could share their own unfortunate experiences with you in other threads.

But more to the point, if you know it's the Favre threads that cause problems, just stay out of them. I don't see Favre's supporters starting problems with you, normally it's you that jumps into a Favre conversation with comments that ruin said discussion. "We have a Bert thread for a reason" is a good example of a comment that can ruin a discussion, regardless of where in a thread it's posted. You are right, of course, but if you can clearly see in the title that Favre will be discussed you don't have to open it. You never know, there might be a good discussion going on regardless of whether it's in the Favre thread or in it's own thread. Which is why I said it's a good idea to read through a discussion start to finish before posting.

Ty can't post in the Favre thread without them having to call him out. Goes both ways.

It does. But ask yourself, what is it you're posting in the Favre thread? It can't be just "Fuck Favre and the horse he rode in on" because I've said that numerous times in that thread and haven't been called out on it. You must have said something else that set them off.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-25-2010, 04:28 AM

This statement was the one I first replied to tonight. To say you don't call out anyone, let alone 007, is completely false. This statement can easily be read as you calling 007 one of the Favre dick suckers that are crying. My entire argument this entire thread has been about specifically that - NOT calling anyone out as a Favre dick sucker, or a Favre hater, or anything else. You do in fact get personal with posters, even if you don't realize.

You are right. Ty could have. But, Snake has long attacked me and at some point ty is not going to turn the other cheek.

You have long attacked him too. I don't know how it started, honestly. You are no more guiltless than he is, that much I'm certain of. But you are playing this chicken and egg game with him, and as long as you continue to play that game it will never end. He won't stop until you do, you won't stop until he does. How will that solve anything? Be the bigger man and make the first move. And the second, and third, and fourth if the situation calls for it.

Your lesson to Ty is well stated...perhaps you could make it to Snake as well.

I don't have to, he'll read this same as you are. (Good thing we aren't having our "private" discussion via PM, or I'd have to go through this whole thing again for him via PM). The reason I'm calling you out rather than Snake in this instance is because the two of us actually were having positive dialogue initially. You didn't even have to post in his thread to begin with, and that's a bigger issue to me than what you actually posted. Yes it is a public forum, but you couldn't honestly expect to post what you did and not be retaliated against. If that's all you had to contribute, and you know that you and Snake get into it all the time to begin with, you could have just hit the Back button rather than the Submit button in Snake's thread. It would have saved all 3 of us a long and drawn out argument. IMO you started this one.

Remember, Ty isn't saying shit about you or Snake personally.

So I guess I'm not some dummy with reading comprehension issues now?

Off the very top of my head, the one I mentioned/referenced just above. That's the most recent I've been involved in, but I'm certain there are a few others that could share their own unfortunate experiences with you in other threads.

But more to the point, if you know it's the Favre threads that cause problems, just stay out of them. I don't see Favre's supporters starting problems with you, normally it's you that jumps into a Favre conversation with comments that ruin said discussion. "We have a Bert thread for a reason" is a good example of a comment that can ruin a discussion, regardless of where in a thread it's posted. You are right, of course, but if you can clearly see in the title that Favre will be discussed you don't have to open it. You never know, there might be a good discussion going on regardless of whether it's in the Favre thread or in it's own thread. Which is why I said it's a good idea to read through a discussion start to finish before posting.

Ty can't post in the Favre thread without them having to call him out. Goes both ways.

It does. But ask yourself, what is it you're posting in the Favre thread? It can't be just "Fuck Favre and the horse he rode in on" because I've said that numerous times in that thread and haven't been called out on it. You must have said something else that set them off.

Gun,

Why did i post that? Answer that question. Because 007 came after me. I hadn't posted to her had i? Nope. The post was to Snake..and in truth, pretty darn tame.

So, no, i didn't call her out. I didn't troll. I responded to snake. And, I use "and" so, no, i wasn't calling her a dick sucker. More to the point, dick sucker wasn't referring to any specific person here..it was just in general..you know the real world.

But, DS is what it is. If you identify yourself with it..then that is your problem. Calling someone out is by name. I didn't mention anybody by name. Certain posters like Favre, but that doesn't make them a DS. For example..Mobb.

Snake. You are 100% off. Snake started on me....misinterpreted something i said to Partial..and then went off. He would stalk posts of mine....in multiple forums here. I could be talking to you..and boom, he would insult me. And, stuff he said went way over the pale. Sorry. But, that is the facts. Then, he says he likes me...then, he hates me again. Mostly, he gets drunk and posts. Ty doesn't think much about it.

And, Ty had stopped. Ty wasn't posting to anything snake said. If you look Snake got pissed again because Ty pointed out that MM had the same winning percentage as Shermy...and that ty thought paying 6 mill for decoy was foolish.

You are posting to me. Ok. But, he had a massive attack and the pic..and nothing stated. Seems kinda dubious. You can't see that?

Honestly expect. Because i posted back 2 you about your thougths..and said i was thru..i should be expected to be attacked? Ok. Then, the reverse is true...you can't post a pic and not expect to be attacked. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Comprehension: Well, you didn't comprehend the tix price post. :wink:

In seriousness, in our back and forth, Ty didn't get personal...like saying that no one likes you, you are a moron, everyone thinks you are a baby. That is personal. If you can't see that..then, yes, you have a comprehension issue.

Crusade: So, you have nothing. Talking about other threads and other people..let them speak for themselves.

Sorry, but the bert thread is for ALL bert comments..positive and negative. And, again i'm not going to discuss this thread again. Others thought you were wrong. Patler said it was a Favre thread. Does it make it so..no. But, he seems pretty level headed.

The point still holds...no reason to start a favre thread. And, it is funny as ONE post of Ty's...you can't ignore. It ruins your thread. You are a hypocrite. You cry about it..yet you admonish Ty to do exactly what you can't/wont' do.

Stop focusing on Ty...others posted in this thread..and Ty only posted one time b4 it was moved. That is why i think you are bit bullshit. Denver posted 3 times, including a long post..and yet you think i ruined it.

And, you have this idea that we should read the whole thread before posting. Jesus, who made you king of how to post..not to mention most people don't do that..nor do they want to. Again, if you want to determine how a thread goes..start your own forum. You have repeatedly stated it was a discussion between you and snake and if others had something worthwhile to post they could. It wasn't labeled a thread of your discussion...do so. Make it your and snake's thread, like a partial thing. And, you aren't the arbiter of what is worthwhile and how to post. The sheer number of posters that disagree with you should tell you something. Isn't that what you would say to Ty? There is a reason Ty is being attacked in the Favre thread personally....so, i must be wrong. Well, doesn't the same apply to you?

See, it isn't quite so easy when you believe you are right, is it. You will keep defending your position despite Ty, patler, denver, joe, etc...saying exactly the opposite. Instead you ask did we read...ooops, i guess WE ARE ALL DUMB. WE ALL HAVE COMPREHENSION ISSUES..see, what Ty did? Ain't so fun is it?

Or you tell us how we should post. Or what we should do before posting. Sigh.

And, you again have more excuses for Ty being attacked. It must be because i did something. You realize that is just more blaming me..instead of the people attacking. Ok. Whatever. Maybe it is because Ty says the truth.

Either way, you make it out like everybody..sorry, the only favre lovers ty gets personally attacked is by 007 and Snake...and snake is attacking regardless..so ty can't say it is because of favre. Gex doesn't do it. Mobb doesn't do it..well, he does, but he knows ty can take it and he is joking.

The simple fact is that Ty has the right to express his disgust for Favre. We have ONE thread for doing that. Doing so doesn't demand a response or a defense of Favre..nor an attack.

Or, do i not have that right to express myself? Should i start threads about how favre haters shouldnt' be personally attacked? :roll:

P.S. You wanna know what is funny? Ty just went back thru the Favre thread...starting at jan 04...and there were no personal attacks by multiple posters on 007..maybe ty missed them. And, there were no personal attacks on Snake. In fact, the posters getting the brunt of it were gex and packer4ever. Gex and i discussed and it didn't get personal. The issue was being told to root for the vikings. There wasn't an issue of who is a packer fan. the issue was gex saying we should root for them..which engendered a discussion.

So, a farve lover starts a convo by a controversial post on what packer fans should do..and yet it is Favre haters who are the problem..hating and attacking favre lovers.

This whole thread is about Snake and his barry white/dmx persona scootching up to 007.

Gunakor
01-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Ty, just don't use the term "dick sucker". That's the point I was making there. I never said I endorsed 007's post either, did I? I was addressing the confrontational language such as that term.

I'm trying to remain especially calm here. I'm not calling you out specifically, I only argue this with you because you are arguing it with me. I had addressed Denver's posts earlier in the thread, so I see no need to continue to bring him up if he is no longer part of this argument. And I said a couple posters ruined it. That would be you, Ty, and others as well... Unless you are a couple all by yourself.

Did you see my response in the tix price thread? I posted exactly why I got the impression I did. That's not a comprehension issue, if that's not what 1234 meant then it was posted in a way that would confuse a normal poster. The way it read was "$11, who wouldn't pay that to go to a game? They could have raised the price to $20 and people would still pay it." How does that read to you?

Like I said, I had absolutely no idea how the deal between you and Snake started. I know it's been going on for a long time, and both you and he have been guilty of further fueling that. You two don't have to like each other, but this needs to stop. Easy solution: You don't post in Snake's threads, Snake doesn't post in your threads. They aren't private threads, they are on an open forum, but when you two get together in the same thread problems arise. You don't have to refrain from posting in his threads, but it would be nice.

I didn't say NOBODY likes you, and I never called you a moron or a baby. The worst I did was call you a lazy ass for not reading a discussion before commenting on it. I don't think it's too much to ask that you understand what we're talking about before jumping into the conversation. I mean, as you say, discussions in threads evolve all the time.

I don't claim to be an arbiter of what is and is not worthwhile to post, but I can't see how "We already have a Bert thread for a reason" could be construed as a worthwhile contribution to ANY discussion we may have been having, outside of a discussion about the sheer number of Favre threads on the main page. All it could possibly have been intended for in this case is to end a discussion. What else could you possibly have intended in posting that?

What I said was "The reason people don't like you..." That much is true - this is the reason people don't like you. It isn't that everybody doesn't like you, but for the ones who don't, this is why. I apologize if that came across differently. I guess that much doesn't matter though if you don't care who likes you and who doesn't - not that you should care, but at the same time refraining from confrontational posts would go a long way twoard the forum as a whole being cleaned up. You aren't the only one who makes those confrontational posts, so don't think I'm singling you out, but you're the one arguing this with me so you are the one I direct my comments at.

The crusade I referenced isn't specific to me. I mentioned a thread where I was called out (incorrectly, as it were... reread that thread as I spelled out verbatim what was posted and how it would logically be interpreted). But your crusade extends beyond Gunakor, so I thought I'd point it out. Note I didn't speak for anyone elses experiences, I only mentioned that they existed. I'm not going to air anybody elses dirty laundry.

There's one nagging question I've posed here that you still haven't answered. If you see a thread whose title implies that the discussion will be one that isn't to your liking, why even open it in the first place? If you see a thread created by a poster that you constantly get into confrontation with, why comment on it? Why make a post simply to try and end a conversation between other posters?

I'm not trying to tell you how to post just to tell you how to post, I'm telling you this in an effort to crub the confrontation that has arisen. I really wish you'd grasp the fact that all I want is for people to post responsibly to maintain the peace. To avoid confrontation. Snake is guilty too, I'm not trying to absolve him of his part in it. 007 has been guilty, and Gunakor has been guilty too. Hell, I was one of the MOST guilty.

I have committed to working on my part in it, and that committment began last summer when the Favre deal erupted once again. It started with simply refraining from threads and posts where I felt it would be confrontational to engage in conversation, and by reading those I did open to make sure I would not engage in hostile conversation. Now I'm not engaging in hostile conversation very much anymore. It works.

That's where the suggestion comes from. That's all. I'm not saying you have to do it a certain way just because I say you do or because it's the way I do it. I'm merely offering a suggestion in an attempt to lessen the hostilities. I would hope we could all appreciate that.

Go ahead and start your thread about how Favre haters shouldn't be personally attacked. Seriously. I'd support that thread as well. But even if I didn't, it shouldn't stop you from creating it. I would just hope Snake wouldn't comment in it just to get a rise out of anyone having a conversation in it. And if he did, I'd call him out just as I did you in this thread. Again, the point isn't to tell you how to post or what threads can and cannot be created. It's about being responsible. When a Favre lover starts a thread and Favre haters come in and ruin it, it's the hater's fault. When a Favre hater starts a thread and the Favre lovers come in and ruin it, it's the lovers fault. Now I'm not saying the two groups should isolate themselves from each other's threads, just be responsible in what you post. Don't post confrontational comments to confrontational people.

I hope that clears this up some. I don't dislike you Ty, I just want the confrontation to settle. Being that we're on the same side in the Favre debate, and seeing how that's the cause of most of the confrontation, I thought it would be mighty big of us if we were the ones to make that first move. If that's just wishful thinking then I'm sorry for dragging this on for so long. Have a good night Ty. Cheers.

sheepshead
01-25-2010, 06:59 AM
I never opened the other thread. Holy Shit you guys need to get a life already.

Administrator
01-25-2010, 08:11 AM
this is absolutely ridiculous.

Thread closed and two accounts deactivated. possibly permanently.