PDA

View Full Version : Packers Raise Ticket Prices

Packgator
01-22-2010, 02:48 PM
The Packers announced a ticket price increase today. Going up 8.00 to 11.00 per. First increase since 2007.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2010/01/22/1/

red
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
good raise em more IMO

why shouldn't the team make more money? the "fans" that buy the tickets for face value in the first place just turn around and sell them to a broker for a lot more, who then charges the real fans that end up going to the game even more.

raise them baby, theres huge demand for packer tickets, jack the price way up

we could easily be one of the highest income teams if supply price equaled demand

Freak Out
01-22-2010, 04:50 PM
It helps the GB economy right? GB wins and tix are high. Keep it rolling.

ThunderDan
01-22-2010, 04:53 PM
good raise em more IMO

why shouldn't the team make more money? the "fans" that buy the tickets for face value in the first place just turn around and sell them to a broker for a lot more, who then charges the real fans that end up going to the game even more.

we could easily be one of the highest income teams if supply price equaled demand

No thank you!

That's $66 more out of my pocket. And there is no way in hell I would sell my tickets and miss a game.

Joemailman
01-22-2010, 05:23 PM
good raise em more IMO

Actually, some of us "fans" almost always go to the games, and if we can't, we sell them to other fans we know at face value. Thank you for your support.

By the way, I don't have a problem with the increase.

The Leaper
01-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I'm fine with the price increase...demand clearly still outstrips supply by a long shot when you have such a massive waiting list for season tickets.

The Packers should be the ones profiting from their brand...not brokers and other ticket whores.

packerbacker1234
01-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah, no issue with the raise. I mean, 11$? Really? What packer fan wouldn't pay that to go to a game. Honestly, they could of raised it to 20$ and people would still pay it. The demand is super high for packer tickets, it always has been.

I've seen packer tickets auctioned off for 30x the value of the actual ticket. People are willing to pay a lot to see the green and gold. The team is going to need more money to keep competeing in this league when that cap goes away. Packers always sell out, and this change would stop that.

Gunakor
01-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah, no issue with the raise. I mean, 11$? Really? What packer fan wouldn't pay that to go to a game. Honestly, they could of raised it to 20$ and people would still pay it. The demand is super high for packer tickets, it always has been.

I've seen packer tickets auctioned off for 30x the value of the actual ticket. People are willing to pay a lot to see the green and gold. The team is going to need more money to keep competeing in this league when that cap goes away. Packers always sell out, and this change would stop that.

There are no $11 tickets. The price was raised by $11, not to $11. I believe the cheapest ticket @ face value is now in the $70-$80 range.

Tyrone Bigguns
01-23-2010, 04:22 AM

There are no $11 tickets. The price was raised by $11, not to $11. I believe the cheapest ticket @ face value is now in the $70-$80 range.

Ty is now convinced from this and the previous thread that you have reading comprehension issue..either cause you are working or because it is towards the end of your day and you are tired.

There is nothing in the post that suggests he/she thought tix were 11 beans.

1234 said:

Yeah, no issue with the raise. I mean, 11$? Really?

Gunakor
01-23-2010, 06:29 AM

Ty is now convinced from this and the previous thread that you have reading comprehension issue..either cause you are working or because it is towards the end of your day and you are tired.

There is nothing in the post that suggests he/she thought tix were 11 beans.

1234 said:

Yeah, no issue with the raise. I mean, 11$? Really?

"I mean, 11$? Really? What packer fan wouldn't pay that to go to a game."

"Honestly, they could of raised it to 20$ and people would still pay it."

I have no reading comprehension issue. Why you always gotta start shit?

ThunderDan
01-23-2010, 08:27 AM

I am trying to remember what we paid this year per game. I will have to drag out my checkbook but I think it was somewhere around $450 for the season.

I don't mind the price raise. But their is no reason to start inching towards Dallas or NY numbers at a faster rate. :lol:

digitaldean
01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
As much as I would like to go to a game, I couldn't swing $59 for my inlaw's endzone seat. I love the Packer's but my family's budget comes first.

The Packers aren't the cheapest, but they charge a heck of lot less than teams like the Redskins and the Eagles.

GBRulz
01-24-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm fine with the price increase...demand clearly still outstrips supply by a long shot when you have such a massive waiting list for season tickets.

The Packers should be the ones profiting from their brand...not brokers and other ticket whores.

I'm with you on this one. However, the Packers aren't exactly doing everything on their part to keep the game affordable for their fans. Last year they switched to Ticketmaster which "conveniently" adds about 15% on to the overall price for well, being "convenient" and all. What was wrong with their previous system?

Secondly, there is Packer Fan Tours, which is the main ticket company the Packers endorse. PFT is nothing but a glorified scalping agency and where do you think they get their tickets from? The Packer organization, who of course gets a cut of the profit from PFT, obviously.

Many people don't realize that season ticket holders only account for about 20% of the overall tickets available. While many of them are responsible for selling out, if you will, most end up in scalpers hands through other means.

I can understand the rate increase and support it. Like someone said, ever been to a hockey game?? It's funny though, I have ticket stubs from just 10 years ago and my seat was $32 at Lambeau, lol.

KYPack
01-24-2010, 09:40 AM

I'm with you on this one. However, the Packers aren't exactly doing everything on their part to keep the game affordable for their fans. Last year they switched to Ticketmaster which "conveniently" adds about 15% on to the overall price for well, being "convenient" and all. What was wrong with their previous system?

Secondly, there is Packer Fan Tours, which is the main ticket company the Packers endorse. PFT is nothing but a glorified scalping agency and where do you think they get their tickets from? The Packer organization, who of course gets a cut of the profit from PFT, obviously.

Many people don't realize that season ticket holders only account for about 20% of the overall tickets available. While many of them are responsible for selling out, if you will, most end up in scalpers hands through other means.

I can understand the rate increase and support it. Like someone said, ever been to a hockey game?? It's funny though, I have ticket stubs from just 10 years ago and my seat was $32 at Lambeau, lol.

When you move out of WI, you'll find that over the years, your days of getting face value, quality tickets are over.

I hate these organized scalper companies. But every year, I have to deal with 'em more and more.

The Leaper
01-24-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm with you on this one. However, the Packers aren't exactly doing everything on their part to keep the game affordable for their fans.

Probably not...

However, the NFL really is not a league where affordability is an option. With such a limited number of games to draw revenue (compared to other sports with 80-160 game seasons) and the overwhelming popularity of the sport, teams would be shooting themselves in the foot if they tried to be "affordable".