PDA

View Full Version : Aaron the starter in the probowl?

packers11
01-25-2010, 12:32 AM
Here is how it went before Sunday's game :

* Drew Brees, New Orleans
Brett Favre, Minnesota
Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

With Brees going to the Super Bowl and Favre going to opt out, I think A-Rod will be the starting QB ... Maybe i'll watch this year 8-)

MichiganPackerFan
01-25-2010, 09:37 AM
I was thinking the same thing. No way Favre will play. Actually, even though he's made the game several times, when was the last one he participated in?

Sad thing is, after those three, there's really no one deserving of the NFC spots. Maybe Romo for almost 4500 yards, but who after that?

Lurker64
01-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Of the six QBs who are going to play in the Pro Bowl this year, only two really deserve to be there (Rodgers and Schaub). Roethlisberger, Palmer, Brady, and Rivers all elected to pass in the AFC (and Manning has something else to do), so joining Matt Schaub will be Vince Young and David Garrard.

MadScientist
01-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Has Favre officially dropped out of it yet? If he really intends to retire, he might just play - ankle injury or not. At least that way his last pass won't be a pick.

Packgator
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
At least that way his last pass won't be a pick.

Or.....maybe it would.

Smidgeon
01-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Has Favre officially dropped out of it yet? If he really intends to retire, he might just play - ankle injury or not. At least that way his last pass won't be a pick.

What, DBs aren't allowed to intercept passes in the Pro Bowl?

Lurker64
01-25-2010, 10:41 AM

Or.....maybe it would.

It would be his chance to make the last meaningful pass he throws for four different teams be an interception... That's got to be a record.

channtheman
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM

If it keeps Rodgers from starting, I could see him playing for the first time in years.

gbpackfan
01-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Favre got his ass kicked up and down the field on Sunday. There is NO WAY he is playing in the probowl. A-Rod will be the starter for the NFC.

HarveyWallbangers
01-25-2010, 11:23 AM
so joining Matt Schaub will be Vince Young and David Garrard.

Are you serious? OMG!

Patler
01-25-2010, 11:57 AM

Are you serious? OMG!

All the more reason not to watch the pro bowl.

gbgary
01-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Are you serious? OMG!

All the more reason not to watch the pro bowl.

i'll watch rodgers and then just look in on it from time to time.

Packers4Ever
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
Favre got his ass kicked up and down the field on Sunday. There is NO WAY he is playing in the probowl. A-Rod will be the starter for the NFC.

I'd be fine with Arod too - but don't
EVER underestimate Brett Favre ! ! !

mission
01-25-2010, 03:52 PM

Or.....maybe it would.

It would be his chance to make the last meaningful pass he throws for four different teams be an interception... That's got to be a record.

I think his last official pass as a Falcon was also an INT...

Fosco33
01-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Or.....maybe it would.

I think his last official pass as a Falcon was also an INT...

His first NFL pass was an INT TD... not sure about his last as a Falcon.

MadScientist
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
He's out and Romo's in.

Given that the Cowboys staff is coaching, will Rodgers actually get the start, or will it be Romo as the staff favorite? Are there any rules about who starts when so many have pulled out?

Lurker64
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
He's out and Romo's in.

Given that the Cowboys staff is coaching, will Rodgers actually get the start, or will it be Romo as the staff favorite? Are there any rules about who starts when so many have pulled out?

I thought Brad Childress's staff will be coaching the pro bowl. Doesn't it go to the runners up in the championship games, so it will be Childress vs. Rex Ryan in a complete contrast of coaching styles?

packers11
01-25-2010, 05:34 PM
the probowl rosters suck! lol

look how many people aren't going... (including woodson, probably his shoulder injury)

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Brando19
01-25-2010, 05:57 PM
He's out and Romo's in.

I thought Brad Childress's staff will be coaching the pro bowl. Doesn't it go to the runners up in the championship games, so it will be Childress vs. Rex Ryan in a complete contrast of coaching styles?

No...it was already announced that Wade Phillips would be coaching the NFC. Not sure about the AFC.

Zool
01-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Its Romo replacing Favre and McNabb replacing Brees.

Lurker64
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
He's out and Romo's in.

No...it was already announced that Wade Phillips would be coaching the NFC. Not sure about the AFC.

Ah, they changed the rule this year so it's the "coaching staff of the team with the best record that is elminated in the respective conference's divisional round". So this year it's the Chargers staff vs. the Cowboys staff, which means it will be a battle of incredibly mediocre coaches.

MadScientist
01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
the probowl rosters suck! lol

look how many people aren't going... (including woodson, probably his shoulder injury)

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story?id=09000d5d8155c2fa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

The worst is the AFC QB situation. Down to the number 6 QB out of 16 teams. That isn't much of an all-star roster, just an all-kind-of-good roster.