PDA

View Full Version : COnfirmed - Klemm out for year

Willard
07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2

SUNDAY, July 30, 2006, 8:29 p.m.
By Lori Nickel

Klemm out for year
Green Bay offensive lineman Adrian Klemm will miss the entire 2006 season with a ruptured Achilles' tendon, the Packers announced at their evening practice. Klemm suffered the injury Saturday. He will be placed on injured reserve.

Partial
07-30-2006, 08:42 PM
That hurts. He'd be a good back-up tackle for both sides of the line. Damn! I hope he recovers fully and has my best wishes

Patler
07-30-2006, 08:50 PM
That hurts. He'd be a good back-up tackle for both sides of the line. Damn! I hope he recovers fully and has my best wishes

I think that does hurt. Both of the two top reserve tackles are now gone. LT is a problem in my view, simply because Clifton does seem to get a little dinged up every year. There is always a game or two that he leaves early and is then questionable the next week. I hope they can find a capable replacement without massive line shuffling to cover it. It was one thing to move Flannigan and bring in Winters. It will be an entirely different thiing with very young players at center and guard.

SD GB fan
07-30-2006, 09:09 PM
is it me or is our o-line getting blow up alrdy?

there is a good chance that bourke and moll will make the final 53 roster now. that worries me a lil cos i dun think moll is alrdy this year

Fosco33
07-30-2006, 09:13 PM
On a related note, the Packers picked up T Todd Williams today. Not sure if he'd play or allow for additional line changes but we'll see.

posted 07/30/2006

The Green Bay Packers Sunday signed tackle Todd Williams. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the transaction.

Williams, a 6-foot-5, 332-pound lineman out of Florida State, entered the NFL as a seventh-round draft choice (225th overall) of the Tennessee Titans in 2003. Inactive for all 16 games during his rookie season, he played in six contests in 2004. Last season, the Titans released him in September and he was out of football before Tampa Bay signed him as a reserve/future free agent in January. The Packers have assigned him No. 53.

HarveyWallbangers
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Some talent in Williams. Can Lucier play OT? I know he's been an OC and OG in the past. I'm betting a veteran backup OT will be signed or traded for--rather than rely on Moll AND Bourke.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Losing both BArry & Klemm is a stinker, they were two best backups.

OK, make giant leap for bright side: IT's a rebuilding year, and Klemm is just stop gap. Maybe find some gold in the young players.

Oh, my aching Favre.

pbmax
07-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Left tackles are hard to come by normally. I wouldn't be surprised, this early, if they grab a guy from another position and move someone to Tackle for the remainder of camp.

It wouldn't be good for his development if Colledge proved the be the next best LT on the roster.

woodbuck27
07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
This isn't a good thing of course. Klemm certainly had to be a strong candidate to play back-up tackle.

Essentially we have two experienced players in Clifton and Tauscher and after that the next most experienced players C Scott Wells 21 games dressed and 12 starts and Guard (moved to Tackle) William Whitticker (14 games - 4 starts ).

Dear Gaud help Favre. What in "H" was Ted Thompson thinking, ignoring the most needy position on OUR team since before OUR draft last season. with almost no really encouraging response.

Drafting Colledge, Spitz and Moll to fill REAL needs in the guard and center positions, is equivalent to coming home after a really hard days work, and getting served or serving yourself, a peanut butter sandwich for supper.

Hardly satisfactory.

Ted Thompson has to pull out all the stops now ,to fill with not one but two experienced players, just to serve as back-up at the tackle positions.

If Ted Thompson fails to get it done. He will be 100% to blame . .

for a poor season. Anybody, who really thinks that we'll be fine after the little that TT has done with OUR OL - is not in touch with the very basic demands to run an NFL Team.

First priority - Get a solid or franchise QB.

Second priority - protect that QB (or Brett Favre) with a solid LT and a very good OL.

What in "H" is Ted Thompson thinking, really? If he was in a poker game with me, I'd say he calls a lousy bluff.

This GM of OUR's has to smarten up a whole lot - really fast or forget this season being anything but a ton of pain. He had the money and he had to know that OUR OL was in worse shape than last season, and you all saw what happened to your QB last year !

It will be worse this season, as it certainly now appears.

The lights coming on yet, all you really big time Ted Thompson supporters? He's got a ton of work to do - BIG TIME.

How much did the first draft pick cost? Mario Williams = approx $55 million?

mmmdk
07-31-2006, 02:20 AM
Barry was the real loss though Klemm out doesn't help either. It's a violent sport and injuries happen. Talent and depth are the only cure for injuries. When Superstars are injured, they are hard to replace but Barry/Klemm are journeymen. Sure OT is important but so is your kicker. This is where the GM comes in; get new guys to replace the injured guys. GB Packers lost Walker & TT did an excellent job trying to replace a really talented guy through the draft. Injuries WILL HAPPEN - depth is the cure.

the_idle_threat
07-31-2006, 02:32 AM
Plough the pigskin. I love that sentence!

Plough the pigskin ... is that like "Flog the dolphin?" :D

CaliforniaCheez
07-31-2006, 04:54 AM
Strange how injuries only seem to happen to one position on a team.

Unfortunately, I think Klemm is gone forever from the Packers and possibly the NFL.

The good news though small by comparison is that Whitticker spent all spring working at LT. He is smart enough to play RT and can move to OG if needed(he could be).

Clifton was hobbling around with ice on his knee on Sunday and he should not be pushing it and causing swelling. It looks like he may miss some time this year.

I do not want to burden Colledge early in his career, but he should be also understanding what the LT is doing on each play. He could be needed.

I just think we may be visiting this issue a few times during the season.
Wells could be seeing some time at OG.

Some contingency planning for the "what if" questions will be done but don't rule out a guy being signed during the final cuts.

I seeing some growing pains as the Packers rebuild their line.

My greatest fear is that Brett does not return next year because of those growing pains. My hope is that Brett is encouraged by improvement seen in Whitticker and Coston along the arrival of Colledge and Spitz that he returns next year when yet another O-Lineman is drafted.

Oh and Woodbuck, I think you can blame Sherman as GM for some O-line woes as he never drafted a guard and he only took Wells because he was not allowed to trade a compensatory pick.

It is tough to change over a team quickly.

Ted got Coston and Whitticker for the future last year and Klemm for the short term. This year Colledge, Spitz, and Moll are high enough picks to say the line is a priority.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 07:58 AM
"Oh and Woodbuck, I think you can blame Sherman as GM for some O-line woes as he never drafted a guard and he only took Wells because he was not allowed to trade a compensatory pick.

It is tough to change over a team quickly.

Ted got Coston and Whitticker for the future last year and Klemm for the short term. This year Colledge, Spitz, and Moll are high enough picks to say the line is a priority." CaliforniaCheez

Yes I know that Mike Sherman did this and that, but are we going to act like finger pointers for another season on into the next , , ,blame Mike Sherman? That has got to stop. This season is on Ted Thompson.

When we had Mike Sherman as GM we had one of the very BEST OL's in the NFL.

A football team is an engine of many parts to maintain. We all know that. That OL is like the frame and the chassis of the auto going forward and the DL the same in reverse. Maybe that's a really lousy analogy. LOL :mrgreen:

What really is the loss of Klemm? Did we really count on him? I don't believe so?

Yes we have to save Chad Clifton, as already that knee is breaking down. Yes Ted Thompson did demonstrate some concern with OUR OL by drafting three players, and Yes all things are supposed to be cured in the ZBS. So yes ,it can be argued that Ted Thompson is just wonderful. That doesn't detract from what I'm seeing . . .

We're going to get OUR ass's kicked unless we have playmakers on the field. If Ted Thompson cannot get solid/experienced help now all across OUR OL - to allow OUR QB time to wait for a play opening on the pass,if the running game isn't working - then he has to get the best players elsewhere for the Offence. Ted Thompson has to land one two playmakers.Eithe rthat or admit he's just going through the motions (fans) for this season to allow Brett Favre to be forced to retire, and then it will really start as his team.

It didn't haver to be as we're seeing it with playmakers that were out there and afordable in Free Agency. We got Ryan pickett,Marquand Manuel and charles Woodson.

Hows that working for y'all today ? Just really splendid,Ehh ?

So what has to be done as an option?

On "O" at WR and RB. Get playmakers Ted. He's not a Packer guy comments are turning my stomach. Get people in OUR TC and on OUR team that can produce ! Ala Jerry Porter - get him ASAP, unless the price is ridiculous.

Favre can still limp behind anything on the OL, as it develops somewhat to be a better unit, but he needs a WR in addition to Donald Driver and Greg Jennings (ala Jerry Porter). We have to be real and hope that Samkon Gado and Noah Herron can carry the load at RB. Green and Davenport (both injuries to the leg - although Davenport is coming off a break and can recover faster from that). Greens injury means alot of work to re-hab. A quad tear. DAM !

Ahman Green and Davenport will not be Packers much longer. I would place more money on Favre remaining with us longer than these two fellas with their TT - one year contracts. It's not a win - win with these two men. Neither has a long term future in Green Bay.

We saw OUR team crumbling on "D" and that had to be fixed and as that was addressed, the OL came apart with the loss of the entire interior - a Center and two guards -All Pro Bowl caliber players . . .gone. . . HISTORY.

Yes, your right Californiacheez. Adrian Klemm is done with that achilles tendon injury (tear?). No more a Packer in 2007. The hard luck player, Adrian Klemm. Sad.

I look at the aspirations of so many on this board giving us a solid season of 9 to 12 wins, and I ask myself. Are they serious - those people that dream on 10 -12 wins. Isn't that really wonderful to maintain such lofty hopes. I wish I was just that way but I'm just me. Like them just right or wrong.

I have to see reality, to have a chance of maintaining HOPE.

I got up this AM and was set to really study OUR OL, Californiacheez.

I've got nothing personal against Ted Thompson, except that I do wonder where his priorities lie. He talks . . . and says Dick ALL to me.

He has to get busy and demonstrate some reality - really soon. I hope i don't seem angry as I'm not. I am really concerned and really seeing the Dog Days of a team falling apart.

I hope that Ted Thompson isn't sitting all alone in his office working the puzzle. Is he really smart enough? He needs to find the right playmakers on Offence. To at least keep us in the game.

Well Ted. It's certainly looking like Brett Favre's last season now. Nice job.
I'll not be trusting you Ted too far out of my sight.

The rest of you can be deluded.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 08:30 AM
I've got nothing personal against Ted Thompson, except that I do wonder where his priorities lie.

So far it has been defense. TT got a five-year-contract two years ago, and he's using most of them to rebuild the team.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 10:11 AM
I've got nothing personal against Ted Thompson, except that I do wonder where his priorities lie.

So far it has been defense. TT got a five-year-contract two years ago, and he's using most of them to rebuild the team.

Harlan:

Why didn't he set his mind on getting a solid interior OL - man and a real playmaker at RB or WR in the off season?

You can tool the Defence all you want but unless that defence can make turnovers and score points you must rely on your Offence to light up the scoreboard.

The Offence has to run the ball over and over and some more to control the game clock and score points or the defence will get beaten up by mid season. You can't subject even the most talented Defence to game after game of being on the field too long defending.

Ted Thompson way overspent on Charles Woodson. Marquand Manual was signed injured or recdovering from injury. Ryan Pickett has been basically incognito to date and he came into the OTA's (finally) overweight and with lame ass excuses. All three of these guys are sucking BIG TIME . . .at the present.

Kendrick Allen on the other hand is busting his ass. The three above player signings look bad on Thompson, as I see it.

Marc Boerigter is attending TC as he did in the OTA's, in a zombie trance.

Rod Gardner always has some lame ass excuse. Robert ferguson is the best talk a good game WR I've ever experienced. He talks alot of TD's but he is rotten as a WR and still in Green Bay eating up CAP space?

Ahhhhh one more year one more chance. We are going to get the living crap kicked out of us unless Ted Thompson overcomes his DAM Ego.

This isn't his team.This is my team. It's your team Harlan and all of the Packer fans team not Ted Thompson's model toy fantasy trip game that he can loose parts of - and then toss aside.

He has one rsposibility and that is to win for the fans !

That is it.

NOTHING else works or is acceptable. Five DAM years with this EGO trip and FAVRE and Green gone, and all the rest adds up to long term failure. You have to win to attract talent.

Building a Super Bowl Winner via the draft is nonsence. You need to draft well yes! You also have to make sensable trades and acquire proven talent with the added strength of some life in them (Charles Woodson NOT) , acquire talent that can make Big Plays and for some reason wants a new environment to play in.

Who is going to get really excited about coming to Green bay with favre retired and Aaron rodgers the man?

What a joke!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 11:46 AM
Woody,

I don't think you can judge Thompson on not bringing ENOUGH good players into G.B. It's reasonable to guess that he got as many players as the Packers can afford. You have to judge him on how the players he brings-in pan-out. The team had so many holes. You can only stick a couple fingers in a dyke, you know.