PDA

View Full Version : Is the young Favre the next Flutie?

Tony Oday
01-27-2010, 08:18 PM
Seems like he isnt getting the looks from the next level because of his size eventhough he dominated HS Ball. I mean good lord he threw 42 TDs in HS! Is there a real diference in 5'10" and 6'1"? I mean will three inches really mean the difference in how he sees the field?

SkinBasket
01-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Seems like he isnt getting the looks from the next level because of his size eventhough he dominated HS Ball. I mean good lord he threw 42 TDs in HS! Is there a real diference in 5'10" and 6'1"? I mean will three inches really mean the difference in how he sees the field?

Yes. It will. If he has other tools, he can overcome it. If not, he'll be another high school hero.

Tony Oday
01-27-2010, 08:27 PM
I never played QB but damn I know our line was on average 6'3" and big boys so a 6'1" guy is still to short :)

SkinBasket
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
I never played QB but damn I know our line was on average 6'3" and big boys so a 6'1" guy is still to short :)

I'm not disagreeing with you, but in a business that divides haves and have-nots by hundredths of a second or one or two reps or 1/8 of an inch on a jump, he's got to have something that's going to make him stand out from all the other "undersized" guys other than his name. I haven't followed him closely enough to know if he has other assets, but size in one of the easiest things for scouts and "experts" to look at and sort guys by.

mission
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Same reason only D3 schools wanted me... 5'11" ... Over 70% with 28 TDs my senior year. Thought about following dad to UW-W but went to UC-Irvine (baseball) instead.

That didn't work out either. :lol:

Tony Oday
01-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Same reason only D3 schools wanted me... 5'11" ... Over 70% with 28 TDs my senior year. Thought about following dad to UW-W but went to Irvine (baseball) instead.

That didn't work out either. :lol:

lol I was never that good at football...could return kicks and punts but 5'9" in HS at WR does not endear scouts! :) Hell I grew after college too son of a!

ND72
01-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I graduated high school 6'4" 255....2 weeks into football camp at D-2 Winona State, coach tells me I am too small, and unless I get serious and get my weight to around 285/290, I won't be able to hold myself against the big boys. So I got to 295...and then I got injured, a lot, so that dream ended.

Tony Oday
01-27-2010, 09:28 PM
I graduated high school 6'4" 255....2 weeks into football camp at D-2 Winona State, coach tells me I am too small, and unless I get serious and get my weight to around 285/290, I won't be able to hold myself against the big boys. So I got to 295...and then I got injured, a lot, so that dream ended.

When were you in Winona? I went to WSA too and bartended at Chuckers.

MJZiggy
01-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Hey, maybe you were the one who got him up to 295!!

ND72
01-28-2010, 08:03 AM

I was there 99-04. Oh Chuckers...how I loved thee...and Fitz's.

Fritz
01-28-2010, 04:54 PM

Zig? Answer on this one?[/i]

MJZiggy
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM

I thought you guys pretty much had this figured out. Then again we all have our preferences, but it depends on how big of a throwing lane you need...

Tony Oday
01-28-2010, 09:21 PM

I thought you guys pretty much had this figured out. Then again we all have our preferences, but it depends on how big of a throwing lane you need...

dirty dirty dirty ;)

Tony Oday
01-28-2010, 09:22 PM

well you would have been a freshman when I started bartending...Fitz's and the underground :) hehe now just big ole fake chuckers.

ND72
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM

well you would have been a freshman when I started bartending...Fitz's and the underground :) hehe now just big ole fake chuckers.

Well I spent a majority of my freshman year at Chuckers & Fitz's. I still know Chuckers bar specials to this day...I'm sad.

Tony Oday
01-29-2010, 12:40 AM

Well I spent a majority of my freshman year at Chuckers & Fitz's. I still know Chuckers bar specials to this day...I'm sad.

lol those and most of the bartending staff and bouncers actually hung out at Bullseye so we didnt get asked to work when we were off :)

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Wed $1 bud light or mich golden light
thursday $5 all you can drink or $3 if you had the cup
Friday $1 busch light and kami shots for a buck
Sat same
Sunday depending on what time of the year it was :)

YES I am sad too ;)

MichiganPackerFan
01-29-2010, 11:14 AM
lol those and most of the bartending staff and bouncers actually hung out at Bullseye so we didnt get asked to work when we were off :)

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Sat same

YES I am sad too ;)

Damn - going to school near/in WI must be great. I had to take out extra student loans to pay for my beer in college! Which I am sadly still paying off a decade later - TOTALLY worth it!

Tony Oday
01-29-2010, 11:24 AM

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Sat same

YES I am sad too ;)

Damn - going to school near/in WI must be great. I had to take out extra student loans to pay for my beer in college! Which I am sadly still paying off a decade later - TOTALLY worth it!

Best part of Winona on the beer part was just because you forgot to buy beer on Saturday you could just go to the Spur Station across the river for football beers :) LOVED IT!

MichiganPackerFan
01-29-2010, 11:37 AM
Best part of Winona on the beer part was just because you forgot to buy beer on Saturday you could just go to the Spur Station across the river for football beers :) LOVED IT!

Does WI not sell beer/wine/liquor on sundays?

ND72
01-29-2010, 12:08 PM

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Sat same

YES I am sad too ;)

HAHAHA...LOVED that spur station. Or the Liquor Store over there that sold liquor not sold in Minnesota. Or the fact MN bars closed at 1pm, and WI closed at 2, so Midway, George's, or the 4-Mile would get PACKED from 1:15-2:00.

ND72
01-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Sat same

YES I am sad too ;)

My favorite night ever at Chuckers...Packers vs. Vikings Monday night...Antonio Freeman catch. $5-3 Gallon Beer Bottle, $3 refill (I bought 4, all for me). Every TD Packer fans got a green shot, viking fans got a purple shot. Our Viking fan roommate got left at the bar when Freeman caught that pass...and it was POURING out. We peeing of my apartment balcony, while on the phone with my mom...it was awesome.

Freak Out
01-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Bullseye:

Monday 2 for 1 pitchers
Tuesday 3 for one taps
Sat same

YES I am sad too ;)

You guys got robbed.....when I was at University we had nickel beer three nights a week. :shock:

ND72
01-29-2010, 12:18 PM
How much was gas?

Freak Out
01-29-2010, 01:02 PM
How much was gas?

I wanna say about 70 cents or so.

packerbacker1234
01-30-2010, 02:11 AM
He'll go to a smaller time college at first. IF he impresses there in his first season, I could see a transfer to a bigger college to try and get his name in draft talks within the new few years.