PDA

View Full Version : July 30th 6:30 report

RashanGary
07-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Ferguson dropped every ball thrown his way. I think he caught one of 4 in team drills. After practice he was catching balls from an assitant while everyone talked. He is sooo disappointing. He cannot be the #2 reciever. He catches them when he's just standing there but if he's running routes and has to adjust at all, it is a gauranteed drop.

Hawk looked really good in 11 on 11's. He made quite a few tackles. I didn't count, but I'm fairly certain he had more than any other LB including Barnett.

Jennings once again didn't drop anything. He doesn't get open on every play, but when the ball is thrown weather it be in traffic or alone, he catches every ball. He is a breath of fresh air next to the other stumble bums.

Favre and Rodger were very effective running the offense. When one of those two where not running the show, it fell apart. Martin was horrible.

Driver went down on a tough deep ball while being covered by Woodson. He limped off and Ferg asked if he was ok..He was sitting on the ground right in front of me and pointed to his achilles. It was a scary moment. He was back a few minutes later. I was worried though. We need the only proven NFL reciever we have.

Woodson got beat more than any other CB. Harris and Carroll pretty much shot their guys down. Ferg did catch his one ball on a 5 yard slant. CArroll let one get by. He had a couple nice break ups.

Hawkins had a real nice day. I don't rememeber him getting beat often and a few times he had nice break ups. It was his best day I've seen between the OTA's I watched and this practice.

Kendrick Allen looked really fit. I could see a difference. He was dominate in team drills seemingly always getting pressure

Pickett still sat out.

Rainer hit a 52 yard FG and he had about 10+ more yards on it. Cundiff barely put it through at that distance. I think Cundiff missed one and Rainer hit them all.

No Punting.

Cory Williams looked good and got some pressure.

*Hodge, Hawk and Barnett put on the show of the night. It was one on one pass rushing drills. The LB's had about 4 yards to run and they were going full speed at a dummy. The RB's were asked to block them. It was by far the most fun of the night. Multiple times the crowd broke out in loud, continuous cheer. Hawk had the toughest challenge. He went up against Vonta Leach. Leach may not be the smoothest runner, but he is by FAR the best blocking back we have. He makes Big Will look like little john. Hawk got beat the first time and the offense broke out in a loud cheer. Usually guys go in 7 or 8 guy rotations, but the next match up was Hawk against Leach again. Hawk looked focused...he was kind of twiching and pacing a little from side to side. The coach called on the action and he went full speed. There was some twisting, pushing and grabbing and about 1 second later Hawk was on the dummy. The crowd broke out in the what at that time was the loudest cheer of the night.

The very next play or shortly after anyway, Hodge had his turn. I think he was going against a RB so it's not quite as impressive as what Hawk did, but it was really exciting to watch. Hodge took his position, at this time everyone was really pumped up. They are rocking and pacing and just kind of stalking waiting for the go signal. Hodge went forward in a dead bull rush. He popped into the opposing back, lifted him a few inches of the ground and through him staight back. Before the guy was even on teh ground, Hodge was leap frogging over him and landing square on the tackle dummy. The crowd screamed. I looked over at my brother and said "that was worth the gas money right there" It was just exciting to watch.

Barnett was the next most impressive. Him and Hawk always seemed to be going up against fullbacks so it was a tougher task. Barnett wasn't quite as quick to the dummy but he is right up there with the hardest competitors on the team. He scratched and faught and always found his way to the dummy.

It was the most fun I've had watching football since the season ended. That was a great practice. I think being there at night makes it more fun. I told my brother we need to set up a beer stand because we would make a killing untill we got carted away in cuffs. It was fun though. Go early because the seats fill up quick. My bro went early and saved a seat. Taht was great. I walked right in, cut up to the stands and had a spot waiting. Oh YEAH. :) :)

I don't take notes, so these are just the observations I made and remembered. I'm sure someone will have a more detailed report.

Partial
07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
awesome report GJ

Mazzin
07-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Notes or observations, who cares, that shit is GREAT! Keep it up Nick Col....Greg Jennings. :wink:

MJZiggy
07-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Any idea how many fans were in attendance tonight?

GBRulz
07-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Great report, Nick! I'm amazed how some of you can remember so many details like that. The only way I could give all that info is if I wrote it down and since I'm too busy with a camera in my hand, that's out of the question for me!

I'm going to stop by at the 2 pm practice tomorrow, but probably won't stay long as it's supposed to be triple digit heat tomorrow, plus humidity on top of it.

Harlan Huckleby
07-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Jennings once again didn't drop anything. He doesn't get open on every play, but when the ball is thrown weather it be in traffic or alone, he catches every ball. He is a breath of fresh air next to the other stumble bums.

I guess this is the good news and bad news. I think it is essential that Jennings start. But they are gonna need 5 guys, 4 guys minimum, who can play.

Mazzin
07-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Don't wanna ruin the thread, but Harlan, or GBMichelle, will one of you PM me i need help taking a pic from my copmtuer and putting it as my display pic : ) Thanks in advance.

MJZiggy
07-30-2006, 10:15 PM

I guess this is the good news and bad news. I think it is essential that Jennings start. But they are gonna need 5 guys, 4 guys minimum, who can play.
M3 said this morning that everyone will have a role. Was talking about 3 and 4 receiver sets. I wonder how many receivers he's planning on keeping--I thought it was only 6.

RashanGary
07-30-2006, 10:24 PM

This is just my observation after a few practices but I think they have 2 good recievers. Driver adn Jennings. Boerigter, Gardner and Martin are next and they are about Chatman level and then Fergi and Rodgers are the talented guys who can't hold on to the ball.

Ferguson is so phyisically impressive it just pains me to see him drop balls. If Driver's skill was put on Ferg's body, we would have Sharpe II. Fergi is so thick and strong, it's just disappointing. He is really good when he has a focus and nothing changes. If the ball isn't perfect or hsi steps arn't exactly as planned, he loses all focus and drops the ball. Jennings on the other hand can have a ball come flying off in an incredible odd direction after he's already knocked off balance, he'll take a quick look, locate the ball seemingly before his head is even turned and get in perfect position and catch the ball like it was never mis-thrown. They are night and day. Fergi is such a beast though. He could be a ST stud. I'm affraid that's all he'll be unless he gets knocked on the head and forgets how suck at playing WR.

RashanGary
07-30-2006, 10:31 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Greg Jennings was the slot WR in every 3 WR set with the starters.

Woodson was the slot DB in every Nickle and Dime situation. Carroll was LCB.

Here's what it looked like to me. Jennings has a borderline starters role as the slot WR in all 3 WR sets.

Woodson is the slot DB as I said in Nickle and Dime. He blitzed a few times and seems to be really effective in that role. He does his best cover job when he doesn't have to run long distances. He always gets beat deep if he gets beat at all. I think he's going to blitz on occasion. They practiced it a few times anyway.

MadtownPacker
07-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice report GJ. Im glad to hear that Jennings is showing something on the field. Gotta get rid of Fergy though. Dump his ass with some other player to the raiders for Porter.

RashanGary
07-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Nice report GJ. Im glad to hear that Jennings is showing something on the field. Gotta get rid of Fergy though. Dump his ass with some other player to the raiders for Porter.

If only that move was on the table. He try's so hard. On a personal level, I can relate because there are those times when I am doing something that I just do not exell at and I get so frustrated because I want to be the best at everything. Not in an arrogant way, just that I hate to lose and I hate to not be good at anything. I can see his frustration. He's just not a good pass catcher. It's not becuase of effort. The guy is a worker. I wish he would have been a saftey or soemthing.

Noodle
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
Excellent report. Cliffy's reports pale in comparison.

I'm excited about Rodgers having a good camp, mostly because I think that will spur Favre to up his game. I think ol' No. 4 won't tolerate getting shown up by the young 'un and will bear down more than usual. This can only be a good thing.

Now if only the Pack can find some guys to catch the dang ball.

Zool
07-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Damn I wish i lived closer. I would take a week off work and go every day.

GoPackGo
07-30-2006, 11:45 PM
awesome report GJ

I 2nd that

BallHawk
07-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Good report GJ.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 11:20 AM
GregJennings:

Besides the Fellas we can count on ie Favre and driver and it looks solid for Jennings.

Who on OUR Offence is really surprising you if any? Who's really stepping up to the chalenge /playing hard to gain a spot on OUR 53?

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
then Fergi and Rodgers are the talented guys who can't hold on to the ball.

maybe that speedy guy from Kansas?, Bookman? is in this category too. I hope he learns how to catch this summer and makes the team.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 11:53 AM
then Fergi and Rodgers are the talented guys who can't hold on to the ball.

maybe that speedy guy from Kansas?, Bookman? is in this category too. I hope he learns how to catch this summer and makes the team.

If we are RE-BUILDING! :arrow:

T2 may as well remove all the deadwood.

GO Packers !

swede
07-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Excellent report. Cliffy's reports pale in comparison.

I'm excited about Rodgers having a good camp, mostly because I think that will spur Favre to up his game. I think ol' No. 4 won't tolerate getting shown up by the young 'un and will bear down more than usual. This can only be a good thing.

Now if only the Pack can find some guys to catch the dang ball.

Right you are Noodle. Starting with the left hander that went to Jacksonville (God I hate getting old and forgetting names), and then followed by Aaron Brooks and Matt Hasselbeck, Favre had young bucks pushing him to remain good for much of his career.

Pederson, Nall and Billy Jo Tolliver don't exactly make you look over your shoulder when you're throwing picks left and right.

Thanks for the excellent report Nick. When you get your eyes on the practice field you always come back with a fresh perspective that sometimes counters the conventional wisdom. The account of the one on ones LB's vs. RB's was delightful!

red
07-31-2006, 04:37 PM
i love the story about the LBers

good job nick

BTW, FYI ********************

todays camp is going to be on the nfl network in 20 minutes

RashanGary
07-31-2006, 04:58 PM
They said on 107.5 that Hawk got lit by Leach. I thought he did the first time, but from what I saw, he got the better in round 2. I coulda been wrong, I didn't have a perfect view. It was exciting either way.

Bossman641
07-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the report. I loved the story about the LB-RB drill as well. Great work