PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

mission
01-30-2010, 03:08 PM
Senior bowl link for those without NFLN...
http://atdhe.net/9010/watch-2010-under-armour-senior-bowl

I have a small window open with a full tilt poker sng going to the side... anyone play? ;)

Looking forward to watching Graham and Iuputi and seeing some of these corners... guys like Arenas intrigue me... what say you?

mission
01-30-2010, 03:10 PM
That's my dude, McCluster... really want him in GnG!

mission
01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Graham blew by LSU's Black on the first play... straight speed.

Tebow looks like he's aiming it and unsure of himself.

mission
01-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Taylor mays with the big hit, missed tackle for first down...

mission
01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Badger TE TD called back for a hold on Iuputi...

77 doesnt look like his pad level is to MMs standard... hmm

Just talkin to myself here, hope no one minds. Probably no one watching this lol

mission
01-30-2010, 03:20 PM
This Joique Bell guy looks like a slower Ryan Grant

mission
01-30-2010, 03:40 PM
They moved Iuputi back to LG (from RG ??) and he looks way more comfortable... just decleated a guy on the initial block and got to the second layer.

He looks mad about that holding call. Playing MEAN.

Lurker64
01-30-2010, 03:44 PM
I love watching LeGarrette Blount run.

mission
01-30-2010, 03:48 PM

Was just gonna say ... he's exciting!!

Lurker64
01-30-2010, 03:58 PM

He finishes runs as well as any college RB I've ever seen. Doesn't have a lot of wiggle, but he's not adverse to laying the hammer.

mission
01-30-2010, 04:07 PM

He finishes runs as well as any college RB I've ever seen. Doesn't have a lot of wiggle, but he's not adverse to laying the hammer.

Yeah, that civil war game he looked like a maniac finishing runs.

Brandon Graham just beat Selvish Capers for a sack... then showed highlights from practice this week. Guy has a full arsenal of moves but I'm sure the midwest guys already knew that about him.

Thinking he might be the guy.

Lurker64
01-30-2010, 04:21 PM
I kind of want to draft Brandon Graham at 23 now. For all I know there'll be a good LT there too, so the decision will be agonizing, but Graham and Matthews would make a good bookend OLBs.

mission
01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
I kind of want to draft Brandon Graham at 23 now. For all I know there'll be a good LT there too, so the decision will be agonizing, but Graham and Matthews would make a good bookend OLBs.

Yeah, I'm with you on all of that. The comparisons to Woodley seem to be spot on. Lots of moves, lots of heart.

Gotta give Mays credit on the INT... "no ball skills"... heh, definitely looks BIG for a safety, I thought it was an LB on the pick at first.

edit - decent sideline interview of mays... there's a movie going on tv but i thought he said he's trying to get more picks now instead of trying to "knock a guy's head off". maybe he can be coached up? ahhh, the rollercoaster leading up to the draft.. :lol:

b bulldog
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
UM LB's actually do pretty well in the NFL. Graham is a beast, would be a great fit opposite the Claymaker.

Lurker64
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Yeah, I'm with you on all of that. The comparisons to Woodley seem to be spot on. Lots of moves, lots of heart.

Gotta give Mays credit on the INT... "no ball skills"... heh, definitely looks BIG for a safety, I thought it was an LB on the pick at first.

For Mays, I'm more concerned that he "takes bad angles and always goes for the hit and not the tackle" than any lack of ball skills. He definitely demonstrated that he'd rather hit a guy as hard as he can with his shoulders than wrap up and tackle, in the first quarter of this game.

mission
01-30-2010, 04:32 PM

For Mays, I'm more concerned that he "takes bad angles and always goes for the hit and not the tackle" than any lack of ball skills. He definitely demonstrated that he'd rather hit a guy as hard as he can with his shoulders than wrap up and tackle, in the first quarter of this game.

see my edit on that.. definitely a concern, still, though.

pack4to84
01-30-2010, 04:43 PM
What round do you think Zac Robinson will go? I wouldn't mind the Packers taking him 4th or 5th round.

Graham helping his stock. Right now I would be shocked if he isn't a first round pick.

mission
01-30-2010, 06:03 PM
completely sold on brandon graham. most impressive player on the field.

Joemailman
01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Just saw a little of the game, but Koa Misi is a guy who could be available in the 3rd or later. Saw him make a couple plays, and looks decent in space. By the way, his full name is Nawa'akoa Lisiate Foti Analeseanoa Misi

ICU81MI
01-30-2010, 08:19 PM
I would love to see them take a stud LB to go opposite Matthews. Probably even over an LT. We need another guy who can get some serious pressure on the QB. I would love to see a tackle drafted in the second round and developed for the season behind Cliffy, filling in when injured. I do want that kid to practice exclusively at LT instead of the traditional GB shuffle.

Bretsky
01-30-2010, 08:37 PM
I would love to see them take a stud LB to go opposite Matthews. Probably even over an LT. We need another guy who can get some serious pressure on the QB. I would love to see a tackle drafted in the second round and developed for the season behind Cliffy, filling in when injured. I do want that kid to practice exclusively at LT instead of the traditional GB shuffle.

Completely agree; I'll take Clifton and Tausch back in a second, find a pass rushing playmaker early in that draft, and snap up a nice OL prospect in round two or three..........oh yeah...can we get McCluster too ? :lol:

The Leaper
01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Graham impressed me...hes certainly worth our late 1st round pick IMO.

packrulz
01-31-2010, 05:42 AM
Deleted

Fritz
01-31-2010, 10:04 AM
Uh, wait. What happened to the argument that TT has problems with the O-line because he doesn't spend first round picks on offensive tackles, and that's the round one finds them in? Now we want Brandon Graham and we'll pick up someone to develop later?

Maxie the Taxi
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Three comments:

1) If TT picks Vlad Ducasse I'll become a Bears fan;

2) Bedard narrowed down the Packers' interest to a dozen guys on the North squad and another dozen on the South. This is supposed to narrow things down?

3) I believe sometimes teams overtly show interest in players just to throw other teams off track, to divert attention from the guy they really want.

Joemailman
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM

Some think he can't play OT in the NFL, but have him rated him highly at G. He might be okay inside.

Maxie the Taxi
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM

Some think he can't play OT in the NFL, but have him rated him highly at G. He might be okay inside.

Well, I'll say what I just said in another thread: Why take a chance on a guy like Ducasse when you can easily draft a guy like Pouncey who is the consensus best position player in the draft? Pouncey can also play guard and could probably run rings around Ducasse.

BallHawk
01-31-2010, 04:53 PM

He's the bastard who Schofield got hurt against, though. :evil:

packrulz
01-31-2010, 05:39 PM
Anyone see Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson, in the Senior Bowl? nfldraftcountdown.com has TT taking him but he's coming off knee surgery and only played one year at OLB.

Maxie the Taxi
01-31-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone see Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson, in the Senior Bowl? nfldraftcountdown.com has TT taking him but he's coming off knee surgery and only played one year at OLB.

Sapp is not worth a 23 pick, in my opinion. He's generally rated fourth or fifth best OLB.

TT may have to trade up this year to get an elite player he really wants, or settle for a few "potential" guys. He might find a "Clay Mathews"-quality player if he really does his homework, but I can't believe his overall draft quality this year will compare to last.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2010, 06:11 PM

Sapp is not worth a 23 pick, in my opinion. He's generally rated fourth or fifth best OLB.

TT may have to trade up this year to get an elite player he really wants, or settle for a few "potential" guys. He might find a "Clay Mathews"-quality player if he really does his homework, but I can't believe his overall draft quality this year will compare to last.

Look at how weak the 05 draft was when we nabbed Rodgers at 25. You never know.

Maxie the Taxi
01-31-2010, 08:04 PM

Look at how weak the 05 draft was when we nabbed Rodgers at 25. You never know.

So true. You never know how the cookie will crumble. TT is kind of good playing it by ear when these situations crop up.

Bretsky
01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Uh, wait. What happened to the argument that TT has problems with the O-line because he doesn't spend first round picks on offensive tackles, and that's the round one finds them in? Now we want Brandon Graham and we'll pick up someone to develop later?

If TT has had problems with an OL it's because he has neglected quality going after quality free agents there and/or drafted the wrong players. Has nothing to do with rounds.

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Sitton has turned out to be a hell of a draft pick. I like Spitz when he's healthy. Colledge has been up and down, but he's started a lot of games for some pretty good offenses. Thompson has concentrated on finding interior OL early in the draft--especially since the cupboard was empty on the inside once Wahle and Rivera got big money to go elsewhere. Now, he needs to turn his attention on drafting OTs.

Joemailman
02-01-2010, 06:29 AM

The general feeling was that the quality of last year's draft was poor. Probably why TT was willing to use 3 picks to get Clay Matthews. The depth should be better this year with the near-record number of underclassmen. Unfortunately, OLB looks kind of weak to me. A lot of the strength of the draft is on the DL.