PDA

View Full Version : Do you like the early pro bowl?

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
There have been far too few polls here lately. Distressing.

Most of the comments I've heard about the early pro bowl have been negative, people seem to care about not seeing the Superbowl players in the pro bowl.

I say fuck um. The Superbowl players are usually too beat to show for the pro bowl anyway. The pro-bowl is already mostly a competion of Almost All-Pros, the guys not quite established enough to snub the pro bowl. So what.

Football season is over when the Superbowl ends. There is much more interest in football this weekend than in the week after the SB. It's a good chance to hype the Super Bowl, and God knows we need more of that.

Joemailman
01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
It's bad enough they're sending the guys to Miami instead of Hawaii. Now they're making the guys who barely missed going to the Super Bowl play the next week. Bad move unless you like seeing Vince Young and David Garrard in the Pro Bowl.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2010, 12:41 PM
Whether the pro bowl is on the week before or after the Super Bowl, you have players from two tired teams expected to attend, so that issue is a wash.

You have Vince Young type quarterbacks in the Pro Bowl even if it is after the Super Bowl. This year you might get Peyton Manning instead, since he goes to Pro Bowls, but typically the Super Bowl QB bugs out of the pro bowl. Tom Brady wasn't going to play no matter when the pro bowl was scheduled.

I think you will see better ratings and more interest in this year's pro bowl, and that's really the bottom line.

I like the idea of the Pro Bowl being the undercard for the Super Bowl. Foreplay for the big money shot.

Scott Campbell
01-31-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm a lot more likely to watch it today than I would be after the Superbowl.

Lurker64
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
I watch the entire draft, the entire combine, and all of the senior bowl practices religiously; but I have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm just not going to watch the pro bowl, no matter what.

Harlan Huckleby
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
I'm just not going to watch the pro bowl, no matter what.

pussy

channtheman
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I rarely watch any of the Pro Bowl and today I'm only watching until Rodgers is done. The time it is being held (one week early), has no effect on me watching it or not watching it. I still say that the purpose of the Pro Bowl was so the best players can take their families on vacation to Hawaii. I think that it's ironic that Goodell preaches about wanting to expand the NFL so he takes the only game Hawaii has and moves it to Miami.

mraynrand
01-31-2010, 02:47 PM
I've been waiting all year for the pro bowl. Easily the best game of the year.

RashanGary
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM
First one I've watched in at least 5 years. I like the timing.

Bossman641
01-31-2010, 06:49 PM
I dunno if this is the official thread, but Rodgers would have just gotten smashed if Mario Williams didn't pull up

gbgary
01-31-2010, 07:30 PM
i voted "do away with it".

HarveyWallbangers
01-31-2010, 08:22 PM
I like it. Once the Super Bowl has been played, I'm done with football. I still have a desire to watch something this weekend. I'm glad it's not in Hawaii on that nasty artificial turf anymore also.

mission
01-31-2010, 08:28 PM
I like it. Once the Super Bowl has been played, I'm done with football. I still have a desire to watch something this weekend. I'm glad it's not in Hawaii on that nasty artificial turf anymore also.

+1

mraynrand
01-31-2010, 10:28 PM
I dunno if this is the official thread, but Rodgers would have just gotten smashed if Mario Williams didn't pull up

Rodgers held the ball too long. That's why Shaub is MVP and Rodgers is second best again.

Bossman641
01-31-2010, 11:43 PM

Rodgers held the ball too long. That's why Shaub is MVP and Rodgers is second best again.

Rodgers got sacked once when he held on too long, but it wasn't on this play. Mario blew by Peters and jogged by Rodgers instead of going after him.

Pugger
01-31-2010, 11:58 PM
Schaub won the MVP cuz the AFC won the game. Rodgers threw for more yards and also had 2 TDs. Had Phillips done what Turner did - put his starter back in late in the game instead of his boy Romo - maybe the NFC wins and Rodgers is the game's MVP.

MichiganPackerFan
02-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Didn't watch it. With that many people dropping out and having second/third tier players as replacements it didn't hold much interest. Outside of Rodgers of course!!

Freak Out
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
There was a game yesterday?

mission
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I enjoyed it... all the mic'ing they did was interesting too. A good look into the game and an interesting angle that's not too-often seen.

Haven't really watched them in years past, maybe this one was no different... but I had fun watching AR amongst other things last night.

MJZiggy
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
I missed AR! Is it on youtube yet?

mmmdk
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I voted 'move it back' but it's really no biggie with me. Note: why does the weather suck so much in Miami? Fans were MIA in second half.

MJZiggy
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
I voted 'move it back' but it's really no biggie with me. Note: why does the weather suck so much in Miami? Fans were MIA in second half.

They had all left for the beach by then...

pbmax
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Its not moving back anytime soon. It had monster ratings compared to last year.

Harlan Huckleby
02-02-2010, 12:12 AM
Huh. Who could have predicted it?

Fritz
02-02-2010, 05:49 AM
I don't give a Packer rat's ass about the Pro Bowl.

Gunakor
02-02-2010, 06:08 AM
Looking at it from a fans perspective, I'd rather they play the game the week after the Super Bowl because then I'd have an opportunity to see players from the 2 championship teams play in the game as well.

Imagining myself a player and looking at it from a players perspective, I'd rather they played the game after the Super Bowl so that if I were voted in AND my team earned a Super Bowl berth I'd have an opportunity to play in both games should I choose to.

mraynrand
02-02-2010, 08:50 AM
I would prefer that the game be held after the Superbowl so that He who cannot be named in this thread would have attended.