PDA

View Full Version : Porter wants to be released

steve823
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Joey Porter from the Dolphins is unhappy with his reduced role and wants to be released not traded.

Either way, even though he is old, he is an experienced 3-4 olb that played for Pittsburgh for a while and still has some juice left in him. I'm all for youth and love how TT has built the team, but putting him with Matthews until we develop or find another olb would be a big upgrade for our pass rush because the 2 olbs are huge in our 3-4.

This is probably not likely to happen..but hey its offseason why not have fun and talk about all the possible stuff that can happen. (like jarret bush for joe thomas trade) :D

hoosier
02-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Joey Porter is a self-centered a**hole and a big distraction. No way would I want him on my team.

3irty1
02-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Sounds like he probably wants to be a Patriot.

Tony Oday
02-03-2010, 05:37 PM
NO WAY

MichiganPackerFan
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Hasn't the dude whined and underperformed since the day he signed the contract that made him officially ridiculously overpaid?

Fritz
02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Joey Porter is a self-centered a**hole and a big distraction. No way would I want him on my team.

Don't the Packers need a guy like that? An Andre Rison for the times?

MadtownPacker
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Hell no. Get someone younger who is on roids.

steve823
02-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Haha I agree with you all I can't stand him either and I believe in youth...but thats what happens when you've been working on an essay for 4 hours straight, you talk about whatever you can on any website haha.

But I still think that OLB is a big need for the packers as we need someone to start opposite of Matthews.

Bretsky
02-03-2010, 09:37 PM
character wise the guy reminds one of Ochocinco. Says stupid things and not sure he's controllable with the media

But I'd sure take a pass rush like that opposite of Matthews.

If we had a Reggie White...strong leader type on our team I'd be all for it. But I'm not sure we have that right now so I'd be weary.

Administrator
02-03-2010, 09:46 PM

Shawne Merriman!

get louder at lambeau
02-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Joey Porter from the Dolphins is unhappy with his reduced role and wants to be released not traded.

http://packersplanet.com/images/porter_and_greta.jpg

Fritz
02-05-2010, 07:20 AM

But then the Packers might once more be the youngest team in the league, and everyone would be mad.

You sign Porter, and you get an edgy guy (this satisfies the people who think the Packer draft players who are too "nice") and an old guy (this satisfies the people who think that the Packers' team is too young).

Now if you could only sign Porter as a free agent AND trade up to draft him, everyone who previously dissed Thompson would love him.

And maybe Porter's already on roids so then Mad would be happy, too.