PDA

View Full Version : 13 year old QB commits to USC

Brando19
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/02/05/report-david-sills-13-year-old-commits-to-usc/?icid=main|hp-laptop|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fncaafootball.fanhous e.com%2F2010%2F02%2F05%2Freport-david-sills-13-year-old-commits-to-usc%2F

This kid is unreal. To be 13 years old, he throws like he's a starter in college. Screw USC...this kid could start for the Browns.

MJZiggy
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I think a 13-year-old should be worried about being 13 not college. Isn't being 13 hard enough as it is without college commitments to worry about? Why are we in such a hurry to grow kids up. He's not even done growing yet.

SkinBasket
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Fuck the 13 year old, what the goddamn is with that link?

SkinBasket
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
So I watched that video.

1. Gheyest. Music. Ever.

2. You have to consider the level of competition.

3. When he goes through puberty, his throwing mechanic is going to change.

4. It's a kid throwing a football. Shame on his parents for letting and/or encouraging the media to exploit him like this.

5. I just shot a load on my keyboard and identified the male sperm with the best throwing mechanic. His agent says sign with Texas, but his heart is set on Florida. Decisions decisions.

6. Gheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

Harlan Huckleby
02-05-2010, 10:28 PM
When Bobby Orr was 11 years-old, the Boston Bruins recognized his talent and built a hockey rink for his little town in Canada.

GrnBay007
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
3. When he goes through puberty, his throwing mechanic is going to change.

4. It's a kid throwing a football. Shame on his parents for letting and/or encouraging the media to exploit him like this.

:tup:

Best of luck to him!

red
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
so, if the kid gets bored with football and quits it to join a garage band, does he still get a full ride to USC?

what if he lets say, looses his arm?

is his name todd marinovich JR. by chance? i can see this poor kid cracking under the pressure and hitting the pipe long before he ever gets to college

Bretsky
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
he's a father's dream kid

pasquale
02-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I think a 13-year-old should be worried about being 13 not college. Isn't being 13 hard enough as it is without college commitments to worry about? Why are we in such a hurry to grow kids up. He's not even done growing yet.

People are in a hurry to make money off of him.

Kiwon
02-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Kiffin's a genius.

USC should just be coming off of NCAA probation by the time the kid's ready to enroll in college.

red
02-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Kiffin's a genius.

USC should just be coming off of NCAA probation by the time the kid's ready to enroll in college.

lol, true

i think kiffin is just trying to sign as many recruits as possible right now while USC is still considered an elite program

you know, before kiffin runs pete carrolls program into the ground

pbmax
02-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Well, he is too young for the traditional USC recruiting gift of a car, so what do you think they got him? A nifty skateboard? A date with a USC Song Girl?

Fritz
02-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Well, he is too young for the traditional USC recruiting gift of a car, so what do you think they got him? A nifty skateboard? A date with a USC Song Girl?

Yeah, I was thinking a USC cheerleader would probably be pretty convincing for a thirteen year old boy. Or a 49 year old boy.

Brando19
02-06-2010, 10:12 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4891901

He can get out of the commitment...because it's only verbally. His dad better hope he turns into a star. All this attention on a 7th grader is a big deal...bad things could turn out from this.

channtheman
02-06-2010, 10:19 AM

He can get out of the commitment...because it's only verbally. His dad better hope he turns into a star. All this attention on a 7th grader is a big deal...bad things could turn out from this.

Yeah I'm callin BS on that story.

"The whirlwind journey of David Sills from a 13-year-old middle school quarterback to the most talked about college recruit in the nation continued late Friday night as he boarded a train with his mother, Denise, father, David Sills IV and his two older sisters, Emma, 17, and Abby, 14, from their home in Wilmington, Del. for an appearance on ABC's Good Morning America."

Who the hell still rides trains?

Patler
02-06-2010, 10:23 AM

"The whirlwind journey of David Sills from a 13-year-old middle school quarterback to the most talked about college recruit in the nation continued late Friday night as he boarded a train with his mother, Denise, father, David Sills IV and his two older sisters, Emma, 17, and Abby, 14, from their home in Wilmington, Del. for an appearance on ABC's Good Morning America."

Lots, and lots of people on the east coast take trains daily into NYC. Its a standard way to commute. The trains run every half hour or so. I think it is about two hours from Wilmington to Penn Station in NYC. I've ridden it myself (NJ Transit) from Philly. Wilmington is just a bit south, but they may have to transfer at Trenton from Amtrak. Those trains are absolutely packed on weekdays with high level business people as they near NYC. I know executives with $500K to million dollar salaries who ride the trains from their homes outside the city into downtown Manhattan. It's the easiest and quickest way to get into the heart of the city. From there, a short subway ride gets you anywhere you want to go.

channtheman
02-06-2010, 10:45 AM

Lots, and lots of people on the east coast take trains daily into NYC. Its a standard way to commute. They run every half hour or so. I think it is about two hours from Wilmington to Penn Station in NYC. I've ridden it myself (NJ Transit) from Philly. Wilmington is just a bit south, but they may have to transfer at Trenton from Amtrak. Those trains are absolutely packed on weekday as they near NYC.

When I saw that it was Patler who had last posted in this thread I just knew it would be about the train comment! :lol:

GrnBay007
02-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I was thinking a USC cheerleader would probably be pretty convincing for a thirteen year old boy. Or a 49 year old boy.

:lol: :lol:

Patler
02-06-2010, 10:48 AM
When I saw that it was Patler who had last posted in this thread I just knew it would be about the train comment! :lol:

Why? Because I'm cheap?? :lol: :lol: (The trains don't cost a lot.)

Fritz
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Agreed. Getting with a USC cheerleader could be permanently damaging to the fragile psyche of a 13 year old boy. I am concerned for this young man.

red
02-06-2010, 02:52 PM

Agreed. Getting with a USC cheerleader could be permanently damaging to the fragile psyche of a 13 year old boy. I am concerned for this young man.

not to mention the std's

GrnBay007
02-06-2010, 02:54 PM
We've all been 13. It's ridiculous to COMMIT to anything at that age. A bunch of hoopla is all it is. I wish the kid luck, but all this media attention is probably the worst thing for him.

Scott Campbell
02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
We've all been 13. It's ridiculous to COMMIT to anything at that age.

Heck, some folks have a hard time committing into their 40's.

Brando19
02-06-2010, 03:38 PM

:lol:
That's not what I mean. With all this hype...if he starts sucking or his grades are horrible...he won't make it to USC. That could cause psychological damage.

Fritz
02-06-2010, 08:46 PM

That's not what I mean. With all this hype...if he starts sucking or his grades are horrible...he won't make it to USC. That could cause psychological damage.

That's why I'm offering to step in and take the flak for the young man by having his family direct the USC cheerleader to me, instead. I'd hate to see the young man get all messed up, and I'm willing to get involved with the cheerleader so to spare the poor kid the possible damage, not to mention that it'd be criminal of her. So in a way, I'd be saving them both.

I am a philanthropist, no question.

Brando19
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM

That's why I'm offering to step in and take the flak for the young man by having his family direct the USC cheerleader to me, instead. I'd hate to see the young man get all messed up, and I'm willing to get involved with the cheerleader so to spare the poor kid the possible damage, not to mention that it'd be criminal of her. So in a way, I'd be saving them both.

I am a philanthropist, no question.

You're right. No way that young man could handle 34 DD's. Fritz is the man for the job.

MJZiggy
02-07-2010, 07:51 AM

Tell me about it... :violin:

sheepshead
02-07-2010, 07:53 AM

all the time here.

sheepshead
02-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I think this kids dad is a moron. He should have said thanks but no thanks and humble the 13 yo and let him be a kid.

Fritz
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM

Others have no problem being committed....

Old School
02-07-2010, 09:50 AM
This kid has a shot at being the next Todd Marinovich. Speaking of a"shot", his father should be.

MJZiggy
02-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Others have no problem being committed....Yeah, I know...

:eyes: :hrt:

MadtownPacker
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Kiffin's a genius.

USC should just be coming off of NCAA probation by the time the kid's ready to enroll in college.Haha, good one.