PDA

View Full Version : McShay Mock draft

Brandon494
02-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Green Bay Packers

Record: 11-5
Bruce Campbell*, OT, Maryland

Campbell will turn some heads with his performance at the combine. However, while he might have the best combination of physical tools in this year's offensive tackle class, we expect Campbell to slip to the bottom half of the first round due to injury concerns and below-average technique.

If you want to look at the whole mock draft....http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107980

I still think TT will find a tackle in FA over drafting one. Hopefully that guy will be Donald Penn from the Bucs.

Fritz
02-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Green Bay Packers

Campbell will turn some heads with his performance at the combine. However, while he might have the best combination of physical tools in this year's offensive tackle class, we expect Campbell to slip to the bottom half of the first round due to injury concerns and below-average technique.

If you want to look at the whole mock draft....http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=107980

I still think TT will find a tackle in FA over drafting one. Hopefully that guy will be Donald Penn from the Bucs.

Below average technique? No problem. Campen will fix him right up!

Smidgeon
02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Green Bay Packers

Below average technique? No problem. Campen will fix him right up!

I think your kool-aid might be laced with some LSD...

Freak Out
02-10-2010, 03:44 PM
What do you middle country folks know about this Michigan guy?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/337861-green-bay-packers-seven-round-mock-draft

Saw some stuff in another thread...... :oops:

Brandon494
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
We are not going to use our 1st round pick on a LB. Also even though I do like Blount we need a speedy back with pass catching ability out of the backfield.

Joemailman
02-10-2010, 04:02 PM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/337861-green-bay-packers-seven-round-mock-draft

I don't know if anyone has seen him drop into coverage much, if at all since he played DE at Michigan. I think he'll be one of the most watched guys at the combine because of it.

MadScientist
02-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Hmm, a former TE playing OT. Where have I heard that before. Oh yeah, Moll.

Smidgeon
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM

Yeah, reading that didn't inspire a ton of confidence in me.

Joemailman
02-10-2010, 04:10 PM
We are not going to use our 1st round pick on a LB. Also even though I do like Blount we need a speedy back with pass catching ability out of the backfield.

Why do you think TT won't take a LB on the 1st round given that he's done exactly that 2 of the last 4 years? You're probably right. I'm just wondering what your reasoning is.

Brandon494
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Why do you think TT won't take a LB on the 1st round given that he's done exactly that 2 of the last 4 years? You're probably right. I'm just wondering what your reasoning is.

Because LB is one of the stronger groups on this team and I still believe we will bring back Kampman even though I don't agree with it. Like last years draft Crabtree was clearly the better player but TT went with Raji because it was more of a need. He is not going to pick a LB with the first pick over picking a OT, CB, S, or even RB. All just opinion though, watch TT go and draft Jordan Shipley out of Texas with our 1st round pick. :lol: .... although I wouldn't mind taking him with our 2nd round pick, kid is a hell of a reciever and kick returner.

Lurker64
02-10-2010, 05:18 PM

ILB. No, not a chance. OLB? Depends. The way I see it our biggest need on defense is "a pass rushing OLB to bookend with Clay Matthews", since as good as the DL and 3/4 linebacker spots are, Brad Jones really doesn't seem to have the pass rushing chops to be the long term answer, and your effective 3-4 teams really have two OLBs who can win 1-on-1s to get to the passer. If the right OLB is there and the right OT is not, I see an OLB in the first round to be a certainty and not merely a possibility.

mission
02-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Because LB is one of the stronger groups on this team and I still believe we will bring back Kampman even though I don't agree with it. Like last years draft Crabtree was clearly the better player but TT went with Raji because it was more of a need. He is not going to pick a LB with the first pick over picking a OT, CB, S, or even RB. All just opinion though, watch TT go and draft Jordan Shipley out of Texas with our 1st round pick. :lol: .... although I wouldn't mind taking him with our 2nd round pick, kid is a hell of a reciever and kick returner.

I would blow a f'n gasket if he took Shipley at 23... wow...

Other picks I'd be upset with that I've seen projected on a few mocks: Golden Tate, Taylor Mays, Damien Williams, Jonathan Dwyer.

red
02-10-2010, 06:52 PM

I would blow a f'n gasket if he took Shipley at 23... wow...

Other picks I'd be upset with that I've seen projected on a few mocks: Golden Tate, Taylor Mays, Damien Williams, Jonathan Dwyer.

really, you've seen one that had us taking golden tate? i haven't seen that

that's horrible

Joemailman
02-10-2010, 07:42 PM

That's becoming relatively common. Last year Jason Smith was the #2 overall pick in the draft and was a former TE. This year, Charles Brown of USC is in that category. I'm sure there are others.

swede
02-10-2010, 08:46 PM
John Michaels WAS a tight end playing tackle.

(Ray Lewis was taken on the pick immediately prior to John Michaels in 1996 :( )

red
02-10-2010, 09:22 PM

(Ray Lewis was taken on the pick immediately prior to John Michaels in 1996 :( )

ray lewis once stabbed a man to death in a night club in 2000

not exactly "packer people" material there

MJZiggy
02-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Apparently he didn't stab the dude, but he knew about it and either didn't report it or lied about it so was charged as an accessory.

mission
02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Apparently he didn't stab the dude, but he knew about it and either didn't report it or lied about it so was charged as an accessory.

Big difference, I'd say :lol:... guilty for having a moron "friend".

I would have had no problem with him being a Packer. Guy is a football player.

swede
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM

Who knows, in a different environment with a different peer group...maybe he gets in trouble for scaring cows while riding his snowmobile. A little community service, he takes a bovine sensitivity course, and we win two more Super bowls.

hurleyfan
02-11-2010, 06:22 AM

Along with our great O Line coaching staff, this guy stands no chance!

red
02-11-2010, 08:20 AM

Who knows, in a different environment with a different peer group...maybe he gets in trouble for scaring cows while riding his snowmobile. A little community service, he takes a bovine sensitivity course, and we win two more Super bowls.

LOL

pbmax
02-11-2010, 09:36 AM

LOL
Ray Lewis may not be anyone's candidate for Citizen of the Year, but he didn't stab anyone.

pbmax
02-11-2010, 09:39 AM

ILB. No, not a chance. OLB? Depends. The way I see it our biggest need on defense is "a pass rushing OLB to bookend with Clay Matthews", since as good as the DL and 3/4 linebacker spots are, Brad Jones really doesn't seem to have the pass rushing chops to be the long term answer, and your effective 3-4 teams really have two OLBs who can win 1-on-1s to get to the passer. If the right OLB is there and the right OT is not, I see an OLB in the first round to be a certainty and not merely a possibility.
I think they could go ILB if they found someone who could stay on the field instead of swapping Chillar and Hawk. I don't know if that person exists, but if he did, there is a need to upgrade coverage here on TEs and those late developing crossing routes that Warner was killing Barnett and Chillar with.

hoosier
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM

I think they could go ILB if they found someone who could stay on the field instead of swapping Chillar and Hawk. I don't know if that person exists, but if he did, there is a need to upgrade coverage here on TEs and those late developing crossing routes that Warner was killing Barnett and Chillar with.

Would TT do this just after he re-signed Chillar to a contract with starter-like numbers?

Maxie the Taxi
02-11-2010, 11:54 AM

This is the first mock draft I've seen that is on the same page as me in this respect:

We need the best available pass rusher or O-lineman with our first choice. I'm hoping Sergio Kindle falls to us at #23. If not, I could see TT pick the best OLB or DE available, or Maurkice Pouncey, since all the really good OT prospects would be gone.

In the 2nd round I like Javier Arenas. He's got a nose for the ball, is a good coverage guy and would make a great replacement for Bigby. Plus, he's the best return man in the country, with great judgment.

In rounds 3 and 4 I could see picking Shipley or a good lower division 0-lineman (or an OLB or DE).

Rounds 5 and beyond are a crapshoot, although I could see TT selecting the best punter available, maybe a guy like Mesko from Michigan.

[TT and the Pack love WR's, so if they really like a good one, they just might pick him with #23.]

get louder at lambeau
02-11-2010, 12:08 PM

Would TT do this just after he re-signed Chillar to a contract with starter-like numbers?

And would it really help much? I don't really remember TEs killing us this year, did they? And with the Cardinals it was mainly WRs, with the TE only getting 3 catches for 42 yards. Don't you think WR v LB is automatically a mismatch, regardless of who the LB is?

mission
02-11-2010, 12:14 PM

Rolando McClain and Weatherspoon from Missouri would be perfect inside for us. Love both of these guys but neither should be available.

Outside I'd like to see us look at that Kao Musi (way off name and spelling, I'm in the car) guy who played with Graham in the senior bowl.. he could be a steal of he drops to round 3-4.

red
02-11-2010, 02:17 PM

does anyone know just exactly what chillars contract looks like? patler?

it just doesn't make any sense to me as to why we signed him to such a big deal. people complain that hawk can't play passing downs. well chillar is worse at playing running downs then hawk is at playing the pass

i just don't get it, unless it was a deal with big roster bonuses. something where not a lot of money was paid up front so they could drop him soon and not have it cost us too much

like a new contract to shut him up for a year, or to burn cap space to get above the cap floor

red
02-11-2010, 02:18 PM

This is the first mock draft I've seen that is on the same page as me in this respect:

We need the best available pass rusher or O-lineman with our first choice. I'm hoping Sergio Kindle falls to us at #23. If not, I could see TT pick the best OLB or DE available, or Maurkice Pouncey, since all the really good OT prospects would be gone.

In the 2nd round I like Javier Arenas. He's got a nose for the ball, is a good coverage guy and would make a great replacement for Bigby. Plus, he's the best return man in the country, with great judgment.

In rounds 3 and 4 I could see picking Shipley or a good lower division 0-lineman (or an OLB or DE).

Rounds 5 and beyond are a crapshoot, although I could see TT selecting the best punter available, maybe a guy like Mesko from Michigan.

[TT and the Pack love WR's, so if they really like a good one, they just might pick him with #23.]

right now it looks like both kindle and jerry hughes might still be available at #23

pbmax
02-11-2010, 05:18 PM

does anyone know just exactly what chillars contract looks like? patler?

it just doesn't make any sense to me as to why we signed him to such a big deal. people complain that hawk can't play passing downs. well chillar is worse at playing running downs then hawk is at playing the pass

i just don't get it, unless it was a deal with big roster bonuses. something where not a lot of money was paid up front so they could drop him soon and not have it cost us too much

like a new contract to shut him up for a year, or to burn cap space to get above the cap floor
If he sees the same hole I do, then I think he could and would. No contract at the Packer first round slot would break the bank at LB. If a player made one of those two expendable, I can easily see him doing it. Maybe not in training camp 2010, but certainly in offseason 2011. Both Chillar and Hawk were front loaded enough that the dead money would be minimal.

But I am not sure he sees the same hole I do.