PDA

View Full Version : Offseason

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I have zero interest in "analyzing" draft prospects this year.

Maybe it's old age. Maybe it's the new addition to the family. Maybe it's the realization that spending time analyzing draft prospects is mostly useless/worthless.

I'm sure I'll read up on all of the players we draft, but I just can't muster up any excitement over analyzing these guys.

MichiganPackerFan
02-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I feel exactly the same. I don't really follow the college game. Just don't have time for it. I'll have the first day of the draft on in the background or keep up with it on my BlackBerry, but that's about it. For the last 15 years, Green Bay has generally had winning seasons and consequently ended up picking at the end of the rounds where big name players are already gone.

Smidgeon
02-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I feel exactly the same. I don't really follow the college game. Just don't have time for it. I'll have the first day of the draft on in the background or keep up with it on my BlackBerry, but that's about it. For the last 15 years, Green Bay has generally had winning seasons and consequently ended up picking at the end of the rounds where big name players are already gone.

Or the years they pick early the draft isn't especially deep (see: Hawk, AJ).

But I think, in my uneducated opinion, that this is an especially deep draft, and as such the talent will be there at #23.

Rastak
02-12-2010, 11:40 AM

Maybe it's old age. Maybe it's the new addition to the family. Maybe it's the realization that spending time analyzing draft prospects is mostly useless/worthless.

I'm sure I'll read up on all of the players we draft, but I just can't muster up any excitement over analyzing these guys.

New addition, did your mother-in-law move in?

Just kidding, congrats if it's what it sounds like!

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes, nine days ago we welcomed a second girl to our family. How is life treating you, Rastak?

Rastak
02-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Yes, nine days ago we welcomed a second girl to our family. How is life treating you, Rastak?

Not bad. Congrats on your baby girl!

pbmax
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, nine days ago we welcomed a second girl to our family.
What did you choose for a name, Deanna, Bonita, Brittany or Breleigh? :lol:

Congratulations Harv. And to Mom too.

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
What did you choose for a name, Deanna, Bonita, Brittany or Breleigh? :lol:

Congratulations Harv. And to Mom too.

Thanks! We chose Erin.
:D

SkinBasket
02-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Way to go Bangers!

As far as interest in prospects goes, I think it's just one of those things most people simply grow out of. Not that it's a childish pursuit, but it's similar to playing with action figures. There comes a day when you're trying to decide between rubbing one off and continuing the years long battle between a couple little plastic guys and you realize that maybe you're a little too old to be simulating violence with little men and it's time to dedicate yourself to the secretive art of manual stimulation. As much as you've enjoyed your time spent on the activity in years past, there's nothing wrong with admitting you find greater fulfillment in different things now.

I for one appreciate the depth of knowledge you've delivered for so long and will not blame you for focusing your efforts elsewhere. Let one of the young whipper snappers around here dig through piles of reports and research, then make uneducated, poorly informed, inflammatory statements of "fact" in response like the rest of us. You've earned it.

GoPackGo
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't know what I do want the Packers to do with this years first round pick, but I do know I don't want to see them pick another Ahmad Carrol or Justin Harrell at #23.

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Ahhh another little girl Harvey. That's nice and so is the name you and your wife chose for her. Erin is very Irish. :D Congratulations to your family Harv.

sheepshead
02-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Never have. I dont watch enough college football to have anything intelligent to add. I know lots of guys like to play virtual GM but that all seems pretty futile to me. (not to be a buzz kill or anything!)

RashanGary
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Congrats on your new family member, Harv.

I'm the same way this year, just seems like a waste of time.

I'm still excited for the draft though. I have confidence TT will load us up.

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Ahhh another little girl Harvey. That's nice and so is the name you and your wife chose for her. Erin is very Irish. :D Congratulations to your family Harv.

I said that in jest, woody. We named her Sofia. Our first is named Erika.

get louder at lambeau
02-12-2010, 02:25 PM

I get it now! You named her that because she had a kick ass mustache!

:wink:

http://www.sportsviews.com/media/files_image/user63/22905091e1.jpg

woodbuck27
02-12-2010, 02:32 PM

Not so Irish then. :D

digitaldean
02-13-2010, 07:01 PM

Harv, you old dog, congrats!!!! :bclap:

Enjoy them while you can! My youngest of 3 kids just turned 12. Seems like yesterday we were bringing our first one home.

digitaldean
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Why do I thing of Ben Stiller when I see that photo?!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/08/20/images/ben_stiller_interview_top.jpg

Scott Campbell
02-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats Harv!

I'm not too interested in the draft yet, but it's still early.

Cheesehead Craig
02-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Congrats Harv!

I too have reached that age of eschewing the draft class analyzationating. That whole having several kids thing does throw a wrench into just sitting around and doing what you want.

Freak Out
02-13-2010, 11:24 PM
A beautiful name to match a beautiful girl...congratulations Harvey.

Maxie the Taxi
02-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Congrats. Way to go.

channtheman
02-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Why do I thing of Ben Stiller when I see that photo?!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/08/20/images/ben_stiller_interview_top.jpg

So Rodgers looks like Jesus, Ben Stiller, and even the Sparta guy from 300 depending on how he wears his hair. Did I miss anyone else?

GrnBay007
02-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Congrats Harv! Love the name.

pbmax
02-14-2010, 10:05 PM
In the get louder photo, he looks like the neighbor in Office Space. Diedrich Bader is the actor, I think.