PDA

View Full Version : Bills QB out indefinitely with hamstring injury

jack's smirking revenge
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
PITTSFORD, N.Y. (AP) - Buffalo quarterback Craig Nall is out indefinitely after injuring his left hamstring two days ago, a potentially significant setback for a player who was expected to compete for the starting job.

Nall missed Sunday's walkthrough at training camp and coach Dick Jauron said it's difficult to determine how much time the quarterback will miss or the severity of the injury.

"We do kind of have to take it day to day, but I wouldn't say it's minor because we know he's going to miss some time," Jauron said.

Nall was hurt in the final 15 minutes of the second of two practices Saturday when he pulled up while scrambling in the backfield during 11-on-11 drills.

Nall was in the mix for the Bills No. 1 job with J.P. Losman and Kelly Holcomb.

"It's really disappointing and it's obviously severely disappointing for him," Jauron said. "But he's a professional, been around for a while and he knows this happens. And once it happens, there's nothing you can do about it except get it well as fast as you can."

The Bills signed Nall as a free agent in March, believing he showed promise after appearing in six games as a backup in his previous four seasons in Green Bay.

Nall didn't walk with a noticeable limp Sunday but said he is still experiencing some swelling.

"I'm trying to stay as upbeat as I can," Nall said. "There's a reason for it, obviously, and I don't know it right now. But hopefully, I'll understand whenever I'm able to get back on the field why I had to go through this."

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 11:22 AM
Tough break for Craig Nall. Read this earlier this AM. He's generally been so healthy.

Rough.

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
This leaves the Great Nall Debate unresolved for another year.

ahaha
07-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Having drafted Willis McGehee in my fantasy draft last year, I followed the Bills pretty closely, watching most of their games. If he gets healthy, he will definately get his shot. Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman......BLEH!!!!
It was like watching the great Anthony Dilweg-Blair Keil battles of 1990.

K-town
07-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Having drafted Willis McGehee in my fantasy draft last year, I followed the Bills pretty closely, watching most of their games. If he gets healthy, he will definately get his shot. Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman......BLEH!!!!

Watching Anthony Dilweg and Blair Kiel back in 1990 has left me with deep psychological scars.

ahaha
07-31-2006, 01:24 PM

Watching Anthony Dilweg and Blair Kiel back in 1990 has left me with deep psychological scars.

My faith in humanity was shattered that season.

Tarlam!
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM

Damn! This is the part that pees me off the most!!! I was so hoping he'd prove Gureski wrong and that guy from JSO would show up and we'd have a zillion page thread on it..... :evil:

Patler
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
He's generally been so healthy.

Rough.

Not true. Two or three years ago Nall missed a good portion of TC, I think with a leg injury then, too. They had no one else that year that showed anything, and he made the final roster after missing most of the preseason games and a lot of practice time.

You would think a top notch javelin thrower like Nall would have learned to take better care of his legs! :wink: :D

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
I said generally he's been healty, and OK Patler your correct also. :mrgreen:

gureski
07-31-2006, 03:08 PM

No. It's resolved. He's going to be the #3 QB. He's not going to be what many predicted. Once again, Nall is proving that when it comes to his career it's.....SAME NALL...>DIFFERENT PILE...

Patler
07-31-2006, 04:44 PM
I said generally he's been healty, and OK Patler your correct also. :mrgreen:

Then again, if he had been hurt during the season would we have even known it? :mrgreen: