PDA

View Full Version : Out on DVD Tomorrow!

jack's smirking revenge
07-31-2006, 11:21 AM
Go and get it! It's a must-see!!!!

http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000FS9FCG.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50770200_.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 11:24 AM
that's at top of my list. I wanted to see it in theater, but it left the DAY before I got around to going. Same thing happened when it came to discount theater. Damn, it seems like a movie better for the big screen - will it be same effect if I sit 2 feet from TV?

Zool
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
that's at top of my list. I wanted to see it in theater, but it left the DAY before I got around to going. Same thing happened when it came to discount theater. Damn, it seems like a movie better for the big screen - will it be same effect if I sit 2 feet from TV?

Only if you get someone to kick the back of your chair and talk on their phone during the whole thing.

jack's smirking revenge
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM

Yes, I think the whole experience would've been better on the big screen, but, in my opinion, it always is--some movies more than others. But this isn't the Matrix or Star Wars. It is relatively character-driven with snippets of Matrix-like action. It was billed as an action movie from the makers of the Matrix, but its much more than that and, in my opinion, mis-marketed. So...I honestly think the experience on the small screen won't be that bad. There are some scenes that won't be as awesome, but the majority of the movie should work just fine.

As this will most likely become a cult classic, I'm sure you'll have more opportunities to see it on the big screen.

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 12:00 PM
Only if you get someone to kick the back of your chair and talk on their phone during the whole thing.

huh. Well, maybe I'll get a box a popcorn, and cut a hole in the bottom for my peter. Then I will get total theater experience. Guess I'll need to invite a woman to sit next to me, too. Do you know any women?

Harlan Huckleby
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
As this will most likely become a cult classic, I'm sure you'll have more opportunities to see it on the big screen.

It didn't stay in the theaters that long, and the reviews were mixed. But I think it got good word-of-mouth recomendations, at least several people have told me it is excellent. (In addition to your own money-shot-like review.)

Zool
07-31-2006, 12:06 PM

huh. Well, maybe I'll get a box a popcorn, and cut a hole in the bottom for my peter. Then I will get total theater experience. Guess I'll need to invite a woman to sit next to me, too. Do you know any women?

HA. I think you will have to pay a woman thats into that sort of thing.

jack's smirking revenge
07-31-2006, 12:38 PM
In honor of the DVD release, check this out if you haven't seen it...

http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=79CF6739-0031-4FFD-B1B3-1F9CF6A037B8&t=&f=01/64&p=entertainment_movies

tyler

Zool
07-31-2006, 12:46 PM
I never thought she could get any hotter...I was wrong.

red
07-31-2006, 05:08 PM
I never thought she could get any hotter...I was wrong.

she doesn't look that bad bald, you can't say that about too many women

good movie too

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Go now unto your video and rental stores and purchaseth or renteth the divine flick "V for Vendetta".

(After today, I'm done pimping it like a crack whore desperate for cash.)

tyler

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Video Stores are for the little people.

I just moved "V for Vendetta" to top of my Queu at Netflix.

jack's smirking revenge
08-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Video Stores are for the little people.

I just moved "V for Vendetta" to top of my Queu at Netflix.

Well that works too!

I guess I'm a medium person then. I have Blockbuster Online and joined during the massive rush to mail rental a year or so ago. At that time, Blockbuster was giving you 2 free store rentals to go along with the unlimited mail rentals. Thus, I get 2 free store rentals every month (game or movie) and have to make an appearance at a video store to burn those coupons. I was with Netflix first, but the instore rentals (which I typically use to rent games) are what moved me over to BO.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
After work today I stopped at the gas station to fill up my volvo and then headed to Blockbuster to buy the video with my dad's credit card ($23.95). The logic? Because I used my card on the gas ($35.62). My conscience is to spand my own money on the more costier stuff. Fucking gas station, and fucking high gas prince. There were mexicans everywhere. The Mexican attendent wouldnt turn on the pump even after i inserted the card. I had to go up to the gun proof window to tell him to turn the shit on. DC is full of Mexicans.

spoiler removed

Heres is my take on the movie: I liked the fact that the vallien chancerllor is protriated as a evil conservative. They even say that he is a conservative. Conservatives are evil in real life and in movies. I liked the fact that the had a liberal idealogy; the talk show host went beyond censorpship and got killed, but at least he fought for the liberal cause. The part where V impersonated the Natalie Portman character and she read about an inmate females life is also liberal in nature because you have lesbains fighting for the just cause.

Speaking of Natalie protman, shes cute but she would be cuter if she has bigger breasts. Her breasts are too small. They shouldve done to her what they did to Karia Knightly in the Carribean Pirate movie. Karia doesnt have big breasts in real life too, but they made it look big and sexy in that movie .

All in all, you should buy it, motherfuckers.

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 09:34 AM
After work today I stopped at the gas station to fill up my volvo and then headed to Blockbuster to buy the video with my dad's credit card ($23.95). The logic? Because I used my card on the gas ($35.62). My conscience is to spand my own money on the more costier stuff. Fucking gas station, and fucking high gas prince. There were mexicans everywhere. The Mexican attendent wouldnt turn on the pump even after i inserted the card. I had to go up to the gun proof window to tell him to turn the shit on. DC is full of Mexicans.

Anyway, I just finished watching the movie with the roomates. My roomate Mike had tears in his eyes during the next to last screne that saw V died. I was like, what the fuck, motherfucker, whatever.

Heres is my take on the movie: I liked the fact that the vallien chancerllor is protriated as a evil conservative. They even say that he is a conservative. Conservatives are evil in real life and in movies. I liked the fact that the had a liberal idealogy; the talk show host went beyond censorpship and got killed, but at least he fought for the liberal cause. The part where V impersonated the Natalie Portman character and she read about an inmate females life is also liberal in nature because you have lesbains fighting for the just cause.

Speaking of Natalie protman, shes cute but she would be cuter if she has bigger breasts. Her breasts are too small. They shouldve done to her what they did to Karia Knightly in the Carribean Pirate movie. Karia doesnt have big breasts in real life too, but they made it look big and sexy in that movie .

spoilers removed

Thanks for giving it a watch.

tyler

Anti-Polar Bear
08-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Bill O Reily character. I meant the other guy as you said, you know the one who joked about the Chancellor on his show.

Yep, great movie. Cannot believe i did not went to see it when it was in theatre.

the_idle_threat
08-02-2006, 03:00 PM

Anyway, I just finished watching the movie with the roomates. My roomate Mike had tears in his eyes during the next to last screne that saw V died. I was like, what the fuck, motherfucker, whatever.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, this is the funniest movie review I've ever read! It's rambling, gratuitously profane, racist and sexist, and in the few places where it actually mentions the movie, it spoils the ending!

For all of you who don't think Tank's shtick is funny, read this shit! Picture it in some liberal publication like the NY Times!

Brilliant!

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 03:03 PM

Seriously, this is the funniest movie review I've ever read! It's rambling, gratuitously profane, racist and sexist, and in the few places where it actually mentions the movie, it spoils the ending!

For all of you who don't think Tank's shtick is funny, read this shit! Picture it in some liberal publication like the NY Times!

Brilliant!

You do have some good points about the review, idle.... :lol:

tyler

Partial
08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks for ruining the movie. God damnit tank, everytime I read anything you write I get more and more pissed off.

jack's smirking revenge
08-02-2006, 03:48 PM
Partial...

Before we ruin the ending for anyone else, how about we axe this thread altogether? You've got the power....

tyler

red
08-02-2006, 05:28 PM

Brilliant!

LOLOL

OMG, now that was some funny shit. it hit me just right so i couldn't stop laughing at it

well done idle

the_idle_threat
08-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Thank you sir. :lol: I gotta give Tank credit when due. :razz:

Anti-Polar Bear
08-02-2006, 05:40 PM

Brilliant!

Thank you, thank you very much.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

red
08-02-2006, 05:42 PM

tank

if you haven't seen it already, might i suggest "Domino" starring the beautiful Ms. Keira. they may be small, but she shows that they are very nice

Anti-Polar Bear
08-02-2006, 06:15 PM
tank

if you haven't seen it already, might i suggest "Domino" starring the beautiful Ms. Keira. they may be small, but she shows that they are very nice

As Harlen will say, I've just bumped that movie to the top of my Queu. Thanks. :cool:

(Now only if Joe fucking Mailman will deliver it right now)

Partial
08-23-2006, 10:07 AM
Very, very good flick. Watched it last night and was thoroughly entertained and captivated from start to finish!

Badgepack
08-23-2006, 11:06 AM
I also watched this movie last weekend, very good flick. Loved the "rule the people by fear angle", makes one think.