PDA

View Full Version : The Cardinals are expected to release FS Antrel Rolle

packers11
02-21-2010, 09:02 PM
www.rotoworld.com

The Cardinals are expected to release FS Antrel Rolle this week.

The sides have been negotiating a contract extension, but cutting Rolle will allow the Cards to avoid paying his impending $4 million roster bonus. It may also very well cost them their starting free safety. Rolle will become an unrestricted free agent and generate interest because of his play-making ability. The 27-year-old has 10 interceptions over the past three years.

Source: azcardinals.com

:shock:

MJZiggy
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Wow! Let the calls that TT's an idiot if Rolle's not playing here next year begin. Then the people who say that it's not just up to TT and then those who say he just has to open his wallet. Then those who say...

Lurker64
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
We need a SS not a FS. Rolle is basically a failed CB to begin with, so I don't see him playing well at SS. He's not an improvement over Collins, IMO.

Joemailman
02-21-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow! Let the calls that TT's an idiot if Rolle's not playing here next year begin. Then the people who say that it's not just up to TT and then those who say he just has to open his wallet. Then those who say...

Rolle isn't Packer People.

red
02-22-2010, 12:35 AM
lurker nailed it

hurleyfan
02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
We need a SS not a FS. Rolle is basically a failed CB to begin with, so I don't see him playing well at SS. He's not an improvement over Collins, IMO.

But would he be an improvement over Bigby?!?!

Brandon494
02-22-2010, 06:31 AM

But would he be an improvement over Bigby?!?!

No he would not and you just quoted the reason why.

mission
02-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Not saying we should sign him, but he's not exactly a failed cornerback. Most scouts had him pegged as a safety coming out of college because of his size and that's why his draft stock dipped slightly. His career has mirrored those projections almost exactly.

And the Packer People garbage... come on, is that the offseason joke we're rolling with here ??

gbgary
02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Not saying we should sign him, but he's not exactly a failed cornerback. Most scouts had him pegged as a safety coming out of college because of his size and that's why his draft stock dipped slightly. His career has mirrored those projections almost exactly.

And the Packer People garbage... come on, is that the offseason joke we're rolling with here ??

i always giggle when i read/hear that.

BallHawk
02-22-2010, 05:29 PM

Yes, but....it's kinda true. TT really doesn't stride away from the "packer people" mold.

pbmax
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Yes, but....it's kinda true. TT really doesn't stride away from the "packer people" mold.
Well, he does if its a deal. Like Koren Robinson.

Fritz
02-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Doesn't anyone who can stay on the roster more than one year count as "Packer People"?

Mark Chmura. Ahmad Carroll. Johnny Jolly. Tyrone Williams.

Now them's Packer People.