PDA

View Full Version : NFL Busts

Tony Oday
02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Love this show...Rick Mirer to the Bears for a 1st rounder when he couldnt throw left...

Oh and Mandrich...

channtheman
02-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Ugh the incredible bulk!

Tony Oday
02-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I think Mandrich should be number one because since Leaf sucked so bad they got the number one the next year and got LT :)

MadScientist
02-25-2010, 11:18 PM
I think Mandrich should be number one because since Leaf sucked so bad they got the number one the next year and got LT :)
Leaf gets the nod over Manwich because SD didn't just use their #1 (3rd overall) on him, but they had to trade it plus the '99 number 1 to move up to #2 for the privilege of choosing that wad of suckiness. Sure 3 years later they had a great draft, but leading a team to a 1-15 record is not something that counts in his favor.

Tony Oday
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Leaf gets the nod over Manwich because SD didn't just use their #1 (3rd overall) on him, but they had to trade it plus the '99 number 1 to move up to #2 for the privilege of choosing that wad of suckiness. Sure 3 years later they had a great draft, but leading a team to a 1-15 record is not something that counts in his favor.

lol sorry I dont have a sarcasm font ;) hehe

Iron Mike
02-26-2010, 06:54 AM
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/bosworth.jpg

Iron Mike
02-26-2010, 07:08 AM
http://bluewhitepodcast.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/ph2008042700018.jpg

sheepshead
02-26-2010, 07:38 AM
Another reason I dont real excited about the draft. I thought Mandarich and Leaf were great picks.

Guiness
02-26-2010, 08:02 AM
http://www.claremontshows.com/catalog/football/campell_r/campbell1.jpg

VermontPackFan
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
And lets not forget Jamal Reynolds...? I think this was Ron Wolf's last draft and I would bet it ranks in his top 5 mistakes made.

Maxie the Taxi
02-26-2010, 12:43 PM
I bet there are not too many people here who remember this guy. In my opinion, the greatest draft bust of all-time, certainly for the Packers.

http://www.collegefootball.org/playerimages/50100_1.jpg

get louder at lambeau
02-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I bet there are not too many people here who remember this guy. In my opinion, the greatest draft bust of all-time, certainly for the Packers.

I recognize him! That's Ryan Grant. Wait, or is it Dorsey Levens? Now I'm not sure. :?

Maxie the Taxi
02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Actually it's Randy Duncan. Read about how that draft in 1959 turned out here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Duncan

cheesner
02-26-2010, 03:24 PM

I dont know. you have to take into account the hype around Mandrich at the time. To me he is the biggest bust - not onlf for the Packers and the NFL, but for all of sports.

Cheesehead Craig
02-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Here's a memorable bust:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2PhZDEXSaY/Swbt6ak9maI/AAAAAAAACaQ/kxj7nQh4whs/s1600/cheerleaders.jpg

Scott Campbell
02-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Here's a memorable bust:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2PhZDEXSaY/Swbt6ak9maI/AAAAAAAACaQ/kxj7nQh4whs/s1600/cheerleaders.jpg

Ya gotta love round 2.

ND72
02-26-2010, 10:33 PM
I always feel sorry for Ki-juana Carter, cause he DESTROYED his knee as a rookie.

ND72
02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I always vote for Mandrich, because we could have had Barry Sander, Deion Sanders, Derrick Thomas...many others.

In my lifetime though, Jon Michaels and Jamal Reynolds were killers, with Harrell shooting up the boards on Packer busts.

Tony Oday
02-26-2010, 11:08 PM
I always vote for Mandrich, because we could have had Barry Sander, Deion Sanders, Derrick Thomas...many others.

In my lifetime though, Jon Michaels and Jamal Reynolds were killers, with Harrell shooting up the boards on Packer busts.

Mine was Aaron Rogers...I mean really...ugh what a bust

AGAIN!!!!!

Sarcasm ;)

sheepshead
02-27-2010, 06:33 AM

AGAIN!!!!!

Sarcasm ;)

Oh you dont have to go too far back on this forum to find that sentiment.

ND72
02-27-2010, 08:04 AM

AGAIN!!!!!

Sarcasm ;)

Oh you dont have to go too far back on this forum to find that sentiment.

isn't that the truth.

Maxie the Taxi
02-27-2010, 08:20 AM

If Harrell stays on the shelf this season again, I think he's right up there.

sharpe1027
02-27-2010, 09:37 AM

Harrell hurts, but I don't put him in the same league as Reynolds.

At least Harrell made it on the field and looked like a football player between his back injuries. I believe they actually traded up for Jamal Reynolds and he looked more like a figure skater the handful of garbage time plays he got in. :lol:

KYPack
02-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Harrell hurts, but I don't put him in the same league as Reynolds.

At least Harrell made it on the field and looked like a football player between his back injuries. I believe they actually traded up for Jamal Reynolds and he looked more like a figure skater the handful of garbage time plays he got in. :lol:
That guy was overrated. I watched college film on him. he strictly took an upfield edge rush, every snap. All his sacks were against undermanned LT's etc. Against decent competition, he disappeared. That was a big reach by the Wolfman. Although Ron blames the Sher-mann now.

Fritz
02-27-2010, 11:47 AM
That's my one beef with Wolf. His name was still on the door, whether he was training Sherman or not. If he didn't like Reynolds he could have said no. In fact, there wasn't any discussion about whose pick Reynolds was until he busted.

And I don't think either that Reynolds was an injury case. Sure, he got hurt, but he never flashed a thing in the NFL.

I would put Harrell, if he doesn't come back, more in the Terrance Murphy category. Injury - bad luck. A bust is someone who was way, way overrated in terms of his skills.

You know, like Tony Mandarich. And Jamaal Reynolds. And Rich Campbell. And Antuan Edwards. And John Michaels. And Ahmad Carroll.

Pugger
02-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes, I wouldn't call Harrell a bust either because he never had a chance, yet, because of injury. Yes, he had injury issues in college but the one bothering him now is not related to anything he suffered before he came to GB. I'm an optimist by nature so I'm still hoping that Harrell can contribute this coming season. A girl can dream, can't she? :pack:

Fritz
02-27-2010, 02:47 PM
So can a guy...

KYPack
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
So can a guy...

Dream on, my brother.

Just post 'em here.

They are entertaining.

pbmax
02-27-2010, 06:50 PM
That's my one beef with Wolf. His name was still on the door, whether he was training Sherman or not. If he didn't like Reynolds he could have said no. In fact, there wasn't any discussion about whose pick Reynolds was until he busted.

And I don't think either that Reynolds was an injury case. Sure, he got hurt, but he never flashed a thing in the NFL.

I would put Harrell, if he doesn't come back, more in the Terrance Murphy category. Injury - bad luck. A bust is someone who was way, way overrated in terms of his skills.

You know, like Tony Mandarich. And Jamaal Reynolds. And Rich Campbell. And Antuan Edwards. And John Michaels. And Ahmad Carroll.
Now Fritz, don't go upsetting McGinn and Wilde by suggesting that the very open and forthcoming nature of Wolf was actually the GMs way of getting favorable coverage for himself and the team. And that favorable coverage has whitewashed his more goofy failures.

Wolf taught McGinn how a winning organization works and looks like. That must mean it was near perfect and that the writers covering it are not complicit in its hagiography. I mean, 1 Super Bowl win in 8 or 9 years! That's not a fart in the wind.

pbmax
02-27-2010, 06:55 PM
My dream is that some, sorta obscure OLB (say low end BCS conference school, or mid-major) gets asked the wrong question by John Dorsey during the interview and rips apart the Packers hotel room trying to exact revenge. He impressively shreds the Indianapolis phone book with one hand while waving around Shaun Slocum by the neck with the other.

We then draft him in the 2nd round and he plays LOLB for 10 years. 3 Super Bowl's later he retires and we get to hear about all the wacky stuff he was up to all those years. Only after 3 Super Bowls, it seems charming.