3irty1
02-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Tackles:
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7951/screenshotvj.png

Guards:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/5006/screenshot1r.png

Centers:
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2439/screenshot2ff.png

Campbell is already creating a buzz and hasn't even worked out yet. He has muscle definition where most Tackles don't know they have muscles. 310 and chissled with 36 1/4" arms?

Big weigh in for Charles Brown who was not expected to weigh in at > 290. Guys got really long arms and baseball mitts for hands. If he still runs fairly well he's a first rounder for sure. If TT wants an elite LT prospect at #23 he should not only have one but also have choices.

Bulaga is much shorter than I've seen him listed at (around 6'8"). I guess his body matches his arms after all.

Vladimir Ducasse is listed as a guard but teams were lining him up all over at the senior bowl. He stood out everywhere. He's got the body and feet to play tackle in the NFL. Looking forward to watching him run.

John Jerry is a guy the Packers have reportedly interviewed. He could also be a RT.

JD Walton surprised me with his length. He'd make a great Center for us. Adept at the shotgun snap.

red
02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
i can understand arm length, but what the hell does hand length matter for an o-lineman?

VermontPackFan
02-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey folks,
I am glad the forum is back up and running and good to see most of the same posters here. I used to be a frequent reader of this forum, (and anything else written/said about the Packers) but seldom posted.
Anyway, I look forward to an exciting draft/off season as the Pack takes the steps necessary to get back to the Super Bowl.

Hand measurements for an OL? I wondered the same thing when I saw that stat last week. It must mean something to somebody, probably ranking up there with shoe size, ear hair density, etc.

Maxie the Taxi
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Hey folks,
I am glad the forum is back up and running and good to see most of the same posters here. I used to be a frequent reader of this forum, (and anything else written/said about the Packers) but seldom posted.
Anyway, I look forward to an exciting draft/off season as the Pack takes the steps necessary to get back to the Super Bowl.

Hand measurements for an OL? I wondered the same thing when I saw that stat last week. It must mean something to somebody, probably ranking up there with shoe size, ear hair density, etc.

Glad you're back here. :)

I would think smaller hands would be better than larger hands for an O-Lineman because then the referees would have a harder time seeing them hold.

Lurker64
02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
i can understand arm length, but what the hell does hand length matter for an o-lineman?

Big hands are good, but not a deal breaker, because it means that you have more control over the guy you're blocking. Harder for the defender to twist away etc. as there are more points of contact. You like seeing OL with big hands, but you're never going to draft a guy because his hands are big or avoid drafting a guy because his hands are average. If you found somebody with especially tiny hands though, that might give you pause.

swede
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
If you found somebody with especially tiny hands though, that might give you pause.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/C89uOeDL9Gw/0.jpg

3irty1
02-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hand size is obviously most important to QBs and also to WRs, TEs, and RBs who can fumble but everyone's hand size is measured and I just made note of Charlie Brown's because they are enormous.

For whatever reason though some speculate that lineman with smaller hands grab more jerseys and face masks by accident.

Ear hair density is probably more important for OL--too high and you'll get guys who false start. :)

red
02-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Hey folks,

umm, not to be the bearer of bad news or anything, but the forum has been up and running all this time. it was never down, the link on the front page was busted but we've always been here posting away

don't worry though, you haven't missed much

hoosier
02-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Tackles:
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7951/screenshotvj.png

Check out Jared Veldheer, the OT from Hillsdale who is over 6'8" tall but only has 33" arms. :lol:

http://travismurk.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/evolution-t-rex.jpg

red
02-26-2010, 02:31 PM
thats a guy you're going to be hearing a lot more of in the near future

and he might end up a packer

hoosier
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM

Not as an OT.

red
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM

Not as an OT.

yup as an OT

guys got a lot of buzz around him right now. he's suppose to be a monster. he's expected to bench 225 over 30 times and run a sub 5 second 40

his arms are only a quarter inch shorter then bulaga

i've been seeing him ranked around the 10th OT in the draft

bigcoz75
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Just for reference, armlength of some of the top OTs last year.

Eben Britton - 32 3/4
Eugene Monroe - 33 7/8
Michael Oher - 33 1/2
Jason Smith - 33 3/4

bigcoz75
02-26-2010, 05:41 PM
Some bench results
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN
Name Reps
Petrus, Mitch 45
Okung, Russell 38
Hawley, Joe 35
Olsen, Eric 35
Campbell, Bruce 34
Byers, Jeff 33
Washington, Tony 33
Lauvao, Shawn 33
Veldheer, Jared 32
Ducasse, Vlad 29
Wang, Ed 29
Welch, Thomas 29
Young, Sam 29
Bulaga, Brian 26
Davis, Anthony 21

red
02-26-2010, 06:17 PM
45???????????????

please TT, draft the OG out of arkansas

get louder at lambeau
02-26-2010, 06:20 PM
45???????????????

How many times could Mandarich bench 225?

bigcoz75
02-26-2010, 06:37 PM
45???????????????

39 plus he ran a 4.65 40 at 6'6" 325 among his other jaw dropping combine numbers.

mission
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
45???????????????

39 plus he ran a 4.65 40 at 6'6" 325 among his other jaw dropping combine numbers.

4.65?!?!?

If there were no roid red flags, I mean... come on... 4.65?!

pbmax
02-26-2010, 10:06 PM
That's nothing. Didn't Anthony Munoz break a Cybex machine testing his leg and knee strength?

Fritz
02-27-2010, 08:20 AM
I want them to draft the offensive left tackle whose arms are so long he can tie his shoes without bending over.

Maxie the Taxi
02-27-2010, 08:25 AM
I want them to draft the offensive left tackle whose arms are so long he can tie his shoes without bending over.
Meet our new LT. Might not last until #23 though.
http://www.gorilla-haven.org/ghphotos/samson(c).jpg

red
02-27-2010, 09:15 AM
i'm glad i woke up early to watch the chelsea- manchester city soccer game this morning

i would have been in serious trouble if the first thing i saw this morning was a bunch of fat guys running around in spandex

bigcoz75
02-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Bruce Campbell pretty much assured his place on the Raiders with a 4.7 forty. Anyone know why Charles Brown didn't participate?

Pugger
02-27-2010, 12:03 PM
I want TT to draft the LT that plays the best. I'm much more interested in how they play in the trenches than any skills they exhibit in these combines.

Fritz
02-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Not me. I'm far more interested in arm length. When Darryn Colledge watches a guy go right by him, I think to myself, "If only Colledge had longer arms!"

Joemailman
02-27-2010, 04:41 PM
A good voice is important. Allen Barbre saved Arod from serious injury many times with his ability to bellow loudly "Look Out Aaron!"

red
03-04-2010, 08:27 PM
i'll say watch for jason fox in the second round. the OT from miami

he seems like a TT draft pick. like i've said every year. TT almost always seems to draft the same type of players. high character guys, team leaders, very coachable, etc

jason fox fits that description. team captain for two years, voted team mvp this year, and i've read he is a coaches dream and a great teammate

he's probably in the third tier of OT's

3irty1
03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
i'll say watch for jason fox in the second round. the OT from miami

he seems like a TT draft pick. like i've said every year. TT almost always seems to draft the same type of players. high character guys, team leaders, very coachable, etc

jason fox fits that description. team captain for two years, voted team mvp this year, and i've read he is a coaches dream and a great teammate

he's probably in the third tier of OT's

He'll fall further than the 2nd.

Guiness
03-04-2010, 11:52 PM
A good voice is important. Allen Barbre saved Arod from serious injury many times with his ability to bellow loudly "Look Out Aaron!"

That's funny dammit!

Fritz
03-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Ridiculously long arms, a good voice....

Now we're building a new paradigm for drafting offensive tackles.

Anyone else care to add to this fine list?

Bretsky
03-05-2010, 07:19 AM

guys that can hook up with mutliple babes at the same time so adrenaline is puming on game day :!:

Fritz
03-05-2010, 07:32 AM
What guy cannot do that?

Maxie the Taxi
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Somebody earlier mentioned this guy Jared Veldheer from Hillsdale (I can't remember who it was that mentioned him).

Anyway, looking at the Combine results, Veldheer was up there pretty much in every one of the athletic tests. He had an excellent Combine.

I'm beginning to think the kid could wind up a Packer. Isn't it Ted's history to pass on the marquee O-lineman and then pick up value guys like Sitton further down?

BlueBrewer
03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Meet our new LT. Might not last until #23 though.
http://www.gorilla-haven.org/ghphotos/samson(c).jpg

Isn't that Bryant Mkinnie?

Fritz
03-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Somebody earlier mentioned this guy Jared Veldheer from Hillsdale (I can't remember who it was that mentioned him).

Anyway, looking at the Combine results, Veldheer was up there pretty much in every one of the athletic tests. He had an excellent Combine.

I'm beginning to think the kid could wind up a Packer. Isn't it Ted's history to pass on the marquee O-lineman and then pick up value guys like Sitton further down?

Yeah, but if you and me have heard of the guy, Maxie, then he's not a value guy any more.

CaptainKickass
03-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Sure..

How about a difficult to pronounce last name?

swede
03-05-2010, 12:08 PM

Favre praised the offensive line, within earshot of Campen, for its ability to overcome their coaching. I guess that's a prerequisite skill.