PDA

View Full Version : 7-round mock draft

Brandon494
03-01-2010, 03:54 PM
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm

I wouldn't be mad at all with this draft.

23 Green Bay Bruce Campbell* OT 6'7" 310 Maryland
56 Green Bay Kareem Jackson* CB 5'11" 192 Alabama
87 Green Bay J.D. Walton OC 6'3" 305 Baylor
123 Green Bay Montario Hardesty RB 6'1" 215 Tennessee
156 Green Bay Kurt Coleman S 5'11" 190 Ohio State
172 Green Bay (Compensatory) Antonio Brown* WR 5'10"180 Central Mich.
196 Green Bay Ekom Udofia DT 6'2" 315 Stanford
234 Green Bay Joe Webb QB 6'4" 220 UAB

*= JR.

3irty1
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Me either. That would be awesome and whoever put it together certainly knows TT's style.

Tony Oday
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I want Campbell as our 1st for sure.

Lurker64
03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't be too happy with it. Why? No pass rushers. If we want to play better pass defense, we have to stockpile them. I fully expect an OLB prospect at some point in the first three rounds.

Campbell in the first? I dunno. If TT is happy with him, I guess I am too, but there are plenty of reasons to pass on him too. He can jump out of the gym, but his tape just isn't that good and he's not the sharpest card in this metaphor.

mission
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't be mad at that (hey, we're not selecting Golden Tate), but there's not a lot of excitement there either... all pretty safe, ho-hum picks with the possible exception of Campbell.

Joemailman
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
I love Hardesty in the 4th round. I think he's a better receiver than Grant and a better runner than Brandon Jackson.

Here's another 7 round mock. http://www.drafttek.com/round12010.asp

For those who don't want to go through the whole thing, here are the Packer picks:

1. Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
2. Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma St.
3. Joe McKnight RB USC
4. Kam Chancellor FS Virginia Tech
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue
6. Antonio Coleman OLB Auburn
7. Cord Howard G Georgia Tech.

mission
03-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I love Hardesty in the 4th round. I think he's a better receiver than Grant and a better runner than Brandon Jackson.

For those who don't want to go through the whole thing, here are the Packer picks:

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

Like the Cox and McKnight picks...

Brandon494
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

I like this draft a lot.

Only player I don't really like is Kam Chancellor. I'm a big VT fan and he just seems like another Rouse.

Brando19
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

Like the Cox and McKnight picks...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

That's ok...so does Freak Out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Not going to lie I don't know the people, but I like the positions that they picked. I think OT and CB are our biggest needs followed by RB.

mission
03-01-2010, 06:52 PM

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

I like this draft a lot.

Only player I don't really like is Kam Chancellor. I'm a big VT fan and he just seems like another Rouse.

And Davis showed up to the combine out of shape drawing comparisons to last year's Andre Smith.

steve823
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but people keep telling me that Campbell's stock is rising. He's probably going to be gone before we get a shot at him.

TennesseePackerBacker
03-01-2010, 11:21 PM

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

No way Hardesty makes it to round 4. I'd wager he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. Probably the 4th or 5th back off the board. I love it though.

Lurker64
03-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Anyway, it's kind of silly to make a 7 round mock at this point since compensatory picks have not yet been announced, and there are currently five or six conditional trades for undisclosed draft picks floating around (one of them involving us probably getting an extra pick in this draft.)

So if you really want to even have some ability to pretend you'll predict things accurately, just stick to the first three rounds (In the first three rounds, I'm hoping for an OT, an OLB, and a DB in some order).

Joemailman
03-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Actually Lurker, wouldn't you say all mock drafts are a bit silly? They are intended for entertainment purposes only. :D

Lurker64
03-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Actually Lurker, wouldn't you say all mock drafts are a bit silly? They are intended for entertainment purposes only. :D

That's true, but when you start skipping picks, and assigning picks to teams that don't have them, you're sort of wandering a bit far down the garden path for my tastes. After all, part of the amusement factor is that the authors of mock drafts try to make reasonable picks for every team in every spot. If the effort isn't there to make it plausible and realistic, it's much less entertaining.

I mean, here's my "not very entertaining" 7 round mock.

Packers:
Round 1: Eric Berry
Round 2: Brian Bulaga
Round 3: Brandon Graham
Round 4: C.J. Spiller
Round 5: Ndamukong Suh
Round 6: Trent Williams
Round 7: Joe Haden

All other teams pass on their picks.

Brandon494
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM

That's true, but when you start skipping picks, and assigning picks to teams that don't have them, you're sort of wandering a bit far down the garden path for my tastes. After all, part of the amusement factor is that the authors of mock drafts try to make reasonable picks for every team in every spot. If the effort isn't there to make it plausible and realistic, it's much less entertaining.

I mean, here's my "not very entertaining" 7 round mock.

Packers:
Round 1: Eric Berry
Round 2: Brian Bulaga
Round 3: Brandon Graham
Round 4: C.J. Spiller
Round 5: Ndamukong Suh
Round 6: Trent Williams
Round 7: Joe Haden

All other teams pass on their picks.

I don't think Suh will last til the 5th round but I like the rest.

Maxie the Taxi
03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
I'd be shocked if TT's picks resemble this 7-round mock in any way, shape or form.

If Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp, Jerry Hughes and Navorro Bowman are all still available at #23, I can't imagine TT not drafting one of them.

Joemailman
03-02-2010, 06:11 PM

3. Joe McKnight RB USC
5. Mike Neal DE Purdue

No way Hardesty makes it to round 4. I'd wager he doesn't make it out of the 2nd round. Probably the 4th or 5th back off the board. I love it though.

You may be right about Hardesty. He really helped himself by running a 4.49 40 since some felt lack of speed was his shortcoming.

Brandon494
03-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd be shocked if TT's picks resemble this 7-round mock in any way, shape or form.

If Sergio Kindle, Ricky Sapp, Jerry Hughes and Navorro Bowman are all still available at #23, I can't imagine TT not drafting one of them.

I'm not sold on Campbell yet but why do you think TT would draft a LB over a OT?

He knows he has two aging starting tackles that are on their last leg and at OLB he has two rookies who exceeded expectations their rookie season.

Just think it makes more sense to get a tackle and protect our most important player with our 1st rounder and get a pass rusher in the 2nd or 3rd.

Maxie the Taxi
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm not sold on Campbell yet but why do you think TT would draft a LB over a OT?

He knows he has two aging starting tackles that are on their last leg and at OLB he has two rookies who exceeded expectations their rookie season.

Just think it makes more sense to get a tackle and protect our most important player with our 1st rounder and get a pass rusher in the 2nd or 3rd.

Yes, the Pack needs their O-line to improve. However, IMHO, their O-line deficiencies did not cost them losses against elite QB's last season. Even with the same O-line of last year, they can score enough points a game to beat anybody. With better O-line coaching and health, they can get better.

BUT, it was our defense that kept us from winning the North and going deep into the playoffs. We could not put adequate pressure on the QB's. We lost kampman and probably won't get him back. We need guys that can put pressure on the QB. Look at the difference CM3 made. Look at the difference Jared Allen makes for the Vikings. One guy!

I'm not saying we will draft another Jared Allen at #23, but we can try. :)

Brandon494
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
True getting pressure on the QB is the important but it was also our first year in 3-4, it will improve with time.

You also have to realize those QBs that beat us Favre, Warner, and Big Ben are all SB champions and some of the best QBs against the blitz. I think we need secondary help more then another pass rusher.

Also think Kampman will be back in Green and Gold and Thompson showed some promise last season before getting injuried. Take a LB in the later rounds.

You win in the trenches! You give ARod time and he'll pick apart a defense.

Joemailman
03-03-2010, 06:28 AM

Well, TT pointed out the other day that Chad Clifton was a late 2nd round pick, so you don't necessarily have to take an OT on the 1st round. TT is not going to take a player over another player just based on a perceived positional need. That's not the way he operates.

Brandon494
03-03-2010, 07:21 AM

Well, TT pointed out the other day that Chad Clifton was a late 2nd round pick, so you don't necessarily have to take an OT on the 1st round. TT is not going to take a player over another player just based on a perceived positional need. That's not the way he operates.

Just because Clifton was a 2nd rounder doesnt mean you are going to find another starter in the 2nd round.

In the past TT did not draft on need but by BPA because he wanted to build depth. Now that we are a playoff team I don't see him going by that strategy anymore. He showed that last year when he picked Raji over Crabtree when Crabtree was higher on his board. He then did something no one ever saw coming and traded #2 and two #3s to move up to select another position of need in a OLB.

This is one of the deepest drafts in awhile and I don't know if you have been watching the combine on the NFL network but these O-line are studs. I understand you guys want a pass rush but lets not forget how bad our O-line looked last season before Taushcer came back. This team will go as far as Aaron Rodgers takes them he and NEEDS PROTECTION! We need O-line and secondary help over another LB opposite of Matthews.

Like I said both of starting tackles are injury phone and on their last leg and our two starting OLB are coming off rookie seasons that exceeded expectations. I mean Clifton and Tauscher arent even signed with the team yet.... the shit is checkers, not chess. Unless you know for sure your getting another Clay Matthews type player with the #23 pick TT better pick a OT.

Joemailman
03-03-2010, 08:20 AM

Just because Clifton was a 2nd rounder doesnt mean you are going to find another starter in the 2nd round.

In the past TT did not draft on need but by BPA because he wanted to build depth. Now that we are a playoff team I don't see him going by that strategy anymore. He showed that last year when he picked Raji over Crabtree when Crabtree was higher on his board. He then did something no one ever saw coming and traded #2 and two #3s to move up to select another position of need in a OLB.

I didn't say position has nothing to do with it. Crabtree may have been higher than Raji on TT's board, but they still had a high 1st round grade on Raji. My point is that TT will not take a player in the 1st round just to fill a need if he does not have a 1st round grade on that player. He will either trade down or take another player. My guess is TT will take a player from one of the following positions: OT, OLB, CB, S, or G. If he feels he can trade down get a 1st round graded guy at one of those positions, he may try to do so.