PDA

View Full Version : An update on " the Packers " Depth Chart - July 31

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 03:55 PM
Here is an update on " the Packers " Depth Chart:

http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

See On Offence:

Samkon Gado, Robert Ferguson, Junius Coston and Wayne Lucier (started 20 something games before the Giants released him just before the start of 2005 (I believe, he has experience at Center also).

Note :

I'm reading some encouragingg things about new acquisition at Guard - Siitupe Peko.

comments by NFL fan Mr. X:

I like Peko... he got the short end of the stick with Indy after a good year of starting, then got to Philly where there was too much depth for him to get onto the field. IMO, he should compete for a starting job for y'all. Nice athletic guard who pulls well and shows good field awareness.

responder Mr. Y:

It will also keep you from starting two rookies at guard! I like the guys you were planning to start, but this at least gives you some experience. Peko is a lot better than the fact that he was signed this late. Like (Mr. X) said, I think he'll eventually end up starting for you guys and playing well.

On Defence see:

DT Kenerrick Allen and safety Tra Boger.

ST's see:

Jon Ryan, Charles Woodson and Najeh Davenport and Cory Rodgers.

SudsMcBucky
07-31-2006, 04:00 PM
IMO, if Ferg is one of our starting WR's, our O is in for a looooooooong season.

jack's smirking revenge
07-31-2006, 04:02 PM
IMO, if Ferg is one of our starting WR's, our O is in for a looooooooong season.

Ditto that.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Here is an update on " the Packers " Depth Chart:

I wouldn't treat this as the Bible, as Spitz has taken the first team snaps in every practice so far. Coston has been listed as #1 on this page since before camp began.

PaCkFan_n_MD
07-31-2006, 04:06 PM
This means nothing right now, TC just started and this will almost definitely change in some areas.

Willard
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
If Corey Rodgers is no better than 4th string PR/KR he is in trouble! He was drafted for his return ability moreso than his receiving skills. He better get motivated during TC or his spot on the roster is in danger.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 04:15 PM

Ditto that.

tyler

A gut check has Robert Ferguson - as a #3 or #4 WR.

#2 is Rod Gardner's behind Donald Driver, just for stepping up. He has to want it. Certainly has to show it.

Greg Jennings is on his butt.

Has Cory Rodgers been forgiven? Can he serve the purpose he was drafted for - as a punt returner?

Cory Rodgers and the rest - are all fighting for two position's max, as we may only go with 5 WR's in the end, not six? We may toss that 6th spot to the RB position, as Arliss Beach is doing very well according to reports.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 06:59 PM
Added comment on original post Re: Guard Siitupe Peko