PDA

View Full Version : Kapinos is pissed about not being tendered

digitaldean
03-03-2010, 08:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/03/kapinos-is-pissed-about-not-being-tendered/

No, I'm not making this up...

Astonishing how somebody as inconsistent as he was last season, he somehow feels the Packers are throwing him under the bus by not tendering an offer to him.

steve823
03-03-2010, 08:15 PM
LOL. I thought you were joking before I read the article. Wow that's hilarious.

RashanGary
03-03-2010, 08:27 PM
McCarthy did come out at the combine and throw him under the bus a little. Maybe he wasn't cutting it, but I'm sure he's already disappointed. I don't like the coach publicly throwing him under the bus. I can understand Kapinos not feeling giddy about how the Packers treated him the last couple weeks.

That said, I think he made a mistake. He needs to have thicker skin. It sounds like he's working harder now than he has in the past. I think there is about a 100% chance that he's right about the punt coverage stinking, but at the same time, he should be looking in the mirror. Maybe if he had worked as hard last offseason as he did this offseason, he wouldn't be having this conversation.

I think this is the last we've seen of Jeremy Kapinos in Green Bay. I actually think he'll pan out. He was bad, but not horrible. It sounds like he's starting to fulfill his potential with hard work in the offseason. I could see this situation sparking his career and him going on to play several years better than he played here.

ThunderDan
03-03-2010, 08:41 PM
I guess we're getting a new punter this year.

Lurker64
03-03-2010, 08:48 PM

Probably, though I'd rather just have the offense score a touchdown every time they have the ball. I wonder if TT and MM will consider that alternative.

pbmax
03-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Probably, though I'd rather just have the offense score a touchdown every time they have the ball. I wonder if TT and MM will consider that alternative.
Exactly. Don't punt. Punting is for pansies.

Well, OK fine. Don't punt as much.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/09/4th-down-study-part-4.html

pbmax
03-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Or just never punt.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2006/never-punting

This one is a little less rigorous as at one point he relies on a 4th down mindset, which is easily the weakpoint of his argument. But its still worth a read.

Bretsky
03-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Kapinos sucks; I've said it all last year as well as last offseason. It was a poor choice to bring him in as a starter this year.

Sometimes its just better to cut ties with somebody so it forces you to find an upgrade......now who.....can I convince to take Atari Bigby and give us a 2nd :!: :lol:

Bossman641
03-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Hilarious. Kapinois should be grateful the Packers didn't run him out of town during the middle of last season.

red
03-03-2010, 11:03 PM
kapinos wasn't good, but he made a great point. he shouldn't be the only one to take the fall for special teams sucking so bad. packers need a total house cleaning in that department, not just a new punter

packrulz
03-04-2010, 05:18 AM
I watched him live before the games and he had some good punts in warmups, during the games the blocking wasn't that good and he really had to hurry to get the punt off, so he does have a point. I think he'll be signed by another team, he'll be good, not great.

Fritz
03-04-2010, 06:41 AM
74I think JH hit it on the head here:

"It sounds like he's working harder now than he has in the past. I think there is about a 100% chance that he's right about the punt coverage stinking, but at the same time, he should be looking in the mirror. Maybe if he had worked as hard last offseason as he did this offseason, he wouldn't be having this conversation."

Oh . . . so now you're dropping weight and working harder. Oh.

I will say that a number of those touchbacks were a result of poor coverage. Krapinos hit a few at least that hit and bounced up around the five yard line, but the coverage guys couldn't find the damn ball even though they were there.

Having said that, if Kapinos had really been a stand out guy with potential, he might not be bitching about being not-tendered right now. He's not talented enough to keep around based on potential.

The only thing I'll miss about him is calling him "Krapinos."

At least that's the only thing I hope I'll miss.

cheesner
03-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Why is he upset? If the problem wasn't him, then he is a free agent and can shop his services. I would rather have 31 teams shopping for my services than just 1 having my 'rights'. If he truely is a good punter, this will work to his advantage.

MadScientist
03-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Kapinos is pissed because he didn't get tendered. We're pissed because he sucked so bad he didn't deserve getting tendered.

mission
03-04-2010, 09:22 AM
I laugh everytime I login and read this thread title... he's pissed?! Lol

now he knows how we feel

the idea that he's losing weight now, like fritz said... come on; shouldn't have been a fuckin bum from the getgo

get louder at lambeau
03-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Or just never punt.

This one is a little less rigorous as at one point he relies on a 4th down mindset, which is easily the weakpoint of his argument. But its still worth a read.

That and the other one are pretty interesting stuff. I wonder how much NFL teams, and especially the Packers, really analyze concepts like that? If I knew how to find his email, I''d email it to this guy-

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/eayrs_mike/

vince
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
eayrsm@packers.com

That's the nomenclature for all Packer employee email addresses.

Tony Oday
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I cannot believe this is a real thread...YOU ARE A PUNTER!!!! tell him never to show up in GB again...

bobblehead
03-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Or just never punt.

I remember ESPN running a story on this when it was studied. Mike Holmgren was asked about it and his response was "And how many of these guys are coaching at any level much less the NFL??" The reporter tried to ask a follow up question and Holmgren said "how many with real life coaching experience?". And that was the end of the interview.

Fritz
03-04-2010, 04:45 PM
How much real life running-a-football-team-as-president experience does Holmgren have?

CaliforniaCheez
03-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Josh Bidwell was cut by the Buccaneers. There are other punters out there.

Punters are generic. The only two that really stand out are the guy in Buffalo and the Raiders punter.

Instead of crying Kapinos should have said "I like Green Bay and the Packers and will gladly sign for the minimum amount."

Fritz
03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Didn't Bidwell jump from Green Bay because he wanted to punt in warmer weather so his stats would be better?

MJZiggy
03-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Now he sees the error of his ways.

Fritz
03-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Do you want a guy who didn't want to kick in cold weather when given the choice? I dunno. He obviously didn't kick ass in Tampa, but then again, after Frost/Krapinos we'd like almost any punter better.