PDA

View Full Version : Colledge Spitz...

Fritz
03-04-2010, 06:35 AM
According to the JSO today, Darryn Colledge doesn't intend to participate in any offseason stuff without a contract. He seems to feel he might be able to find a taker for his services, despite the 2nd round tender. Speaking on a radio program in Boise, Idaho, here's what he said:

""If it's a second round, maybe I have a chance to move," Colledge said on KTIK. "Maybe I could be coming to a city near you."

Does Boise have a semi-pro team or something?

ThunderDan
03-04-2010, 10:51 AM
According to the JSO today, Darryn Colledge doesn't intend to participate in any offseason stuff without a contract. He seems to feel he might be able to find a taker for his services, despite the 2nd round tender. Speaking on a radio program in Boise, Idaho, here's what he said:

""If it's a second round, maybe I have a chance to move," Colledge said on KTIK. "Maybe I could be coming to a city near you."

If the NFLPA and the players didn't figure this would happen they are dumber than they look.

Why would any team with the ability to tender a RFA not do it unless the player sucked?

vince
03-04-2010, 10:56 AM
I'd be a bit surprised if he gets another team to bite for a big contract and a 2. He's been way too inconsistent IMO. I think he's putting himself out on a limb here, and that limb could break on him.

mission
03-04-2010, 11:06 AM
How exciting would that be to get a second for him??!

He talks like it's a possibility because he *only* has a second-round tender... as if he's first round talent! Lol

get louder at lambeau
03-04-2010, 12:28 PM

Canada's not too far away.

sheepshead
03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
He and Kapinos need to spend the next few days in the film room maybe. Get what ever we can for both of them and theyll fade away somewhere else.

Old School
03-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Somebody on PFT hit the nail on the head when he said, "There are only 2 people who think Colledge is worth a 1st, and he married the other one."

RashanGary
03-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm at the point with Colledge, the only way I want to extend him is if we can't find a better replacement between now and next year. He's alright. That's it.

HarveyWallbangers
03-04-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm at the point with Colledge, the only way I want to extend him is if we can't find a better replacement between now and next year. He's alright. That's it.

I'd like to keep Spitz. I think he's good when healthy. At worst, he gives you flexibility to start at all interior OL positions. Personally, I'm okay with Spitz, Wells, Sitton on the interior with Lang possibly battling Spitz if Tauscher is resigned.

Fritz
03-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Funny, if this were the end of the '08 season instead of the end of the '09 season, Colledge might've gotten a taker on that second rounder. But he regressed and now his job is up for grabs.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers keep him just to see what happens, but I wouldn't poop my pants if another team signed him and the Packers took the second.

Gunakor
03-04-2010, 05:46 PM

He had a down year. But he was our best and most consistent lineman 2 years ago. Not great, but better than just alright. How can you be certain which player we'll get in 2010?

I'm at the point where if a certain upgrade could be found at a reasonable salary I'd sign him and get him in, but I'm not convinced that it's a priority. I'm not worried about our interior line. I'm worried about the tackles. Colledge has proven he's not a tackle, but I havent' given up on him at guard. He's done it before. I'm willing to give him an opportunity to do it again unless the perfect opportunity to move on were to spit on my shoes, leaving me little choice but to pull the trigger.

RashanGary
03-04-2010, 05:53 PM
I don't know who all is going to be available in this draft, but Pouncey and Iupati are both perfectly good reasons for me to move on from Colledge.

Ideally, I'm hoping for a tackle, but if it's a guard then I'm fine will moving on from Colledge. I'd try to get a 3rd for him or keep him as a backup. He's not trash.

pbmax
03-04-2010, 06:40 PM

If the NFLPA and the players didn't figure this would happen they are dumber than they look.

Why would any team with the ability to tender a RFA not do it unless the player sucked?
Colledge responded on his facebook account that he was happy with the tender and that reports were inaccurate. Bedard replied to a comment that he stood by his report.

This is all covered on the JSO Blog.

red
03-04-2010, 08:09 PM

I'd like to keep Spitz. I think he's good when healthy. At worst, he gives you flexibility to start at all interior OL positions. Personally, I'm okay with Spitz, Wells, Sitton on the interior with Lang possibly battling Spitz if Tauscher is resigned.

i'm fine with spitz at center, but not at guard

sitton isn't going anywhere he's the one sure fire keeper but i wouldn't mind finding an upgrade at the other guard spot

Bretsky
03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/86346612.html

Fritz
03-05-2010, 06:37 AM

Bedard is stirring the pot.

Bretsky
03-05-2010, 07:18 AM

Bedard is stirring the pot.

He's very anti homer

Fritz
03-05-2010, 07:33 AM
He's a doomsday kind of guy. These 11-5 seasons must be killing him.

retailguy
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM
He's a doomsday kind of guy. These 11-5 seasons must be killing him.

:shock: You don't think he's got a point? We don't have a good OL. It's probably the weakest part of the team. Even with Tauscher back.

Anti-homer or not, you really can't argue with a lot of the points.

This is a tough offseason for me. I really don't think Cliffy is worth more than $5m a year. But he has Ted by the balls, and he knows it. He'll get $7m... but I don't think it'll be from us.

Colledge is, and always has been, worthless. Spitz is mediocre at best. Tauscher is old. We have one promising back up - Lang. We have an overachieving midget (Wells). We have a solid guard in Sitton. Everyone else is unknown.

Yeah, Fritz, we're in great shape. I guess that makes me anti-homer too.

ThunderDan
03-05-2010, 09:14 AM
"The league-leading 51 sacks the Packers gave up last season might not look that bad."

Yeah, that's not an inflamatory statement at sentence 3 after the first two were the same but not quantifiable. Bedard use all of one sentence to say anything positive about the line.

I'm not saying the O-line isn't a problem. GB needs a new LT in a hurry. But a line of ? - Spitz-Wells-Sitton-Lang isn't going to be that big of a step-down form last year. I mean how could it be worse than how we played at the beginning of 2009?

I will continue to say that if we solidify the O-Line, the season NFL offensive records could all be broken with the talent we have in the skill positions.

Maxie the Taxi
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm not going to panic. Ted and McStubby are not stupid. They'll handle it.

Actually, I'd be more comfortable with five guys who can remain healthy for every game. I don't care much who they are.

If Spitz and Cliffie and Tauch and Wells go down after one or two games, it doesn't matter much whether we sign them or not.