PDA

View Full Version : As FA period sets in..Thompson set to make big splash

Packers4Glory
03-05-2010, 02:49 PM
in some lake fishing while any an all FA who may help us go to other teams.

We'll sit around once again and maybe overpay for our FA instead of looking to bring in people who can actually help. Perhaps little dumpster diving later at the tail end for special teams players and backups.

I can't wait till draft time and we wheel and deal for 497549789 draft picks so we can once again be the "youngest" team in the NFL.

I think that is TT's only goal.

Obviously I write this in jest but its basically true. I've been rather busy so I haven't seen the list of available guys and who might be a great fit, but based of past history, it wouldn't matter if someone was a great fit. TT just won't step up and grab those guys. He'd rather go w/ unproven youth. Woodson was pure luck for the simple fact he had no where else to go. I don't recall us being all hot and heavy after him.

Tony Oday
03-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Its looked like it has worked out pretty well thus far. Not much on the FA market this year anyway.

Brandon494
03-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Isn't this the first day of FA? :roll:

Calm down chicken little, the sky has not fallen yet.

You want a team that signs FAs each year? well go become a Redskins fan and tell me how that works out for you.

steve823
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM
:trll:

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM
The UFA market is by far the worst it's ever been. All the guys that would have been the premium UFAs are RFAs this year. I could count on one hand the number of UFAs I'd be excited about.

sheepshead
03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
I think the easiest thing in the world is bashing your GM for not bringing out his check book during this time of year. Gets kinda old actually.....

Tony Oday
03-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I am pretty sure he isnt saying burn TT because of no FA just the fact that he was having some tounge in cheek fun with it :)

Lurker64
03-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Because of the (new) requirement for 6 years to be eligible for free agency, this is almost certainly the weakest free agency class in the history of free agency in the NFL.

With the exception of Peppers (who we weren't going to get anyway), there's a ton of mediocrity in this class, and people are apparently paying for it. Antrelle Rolle, who is a slightly above average FS, is set to get $8m/year.

All the action this year is going to be with RFAs, since there is a particularly robust crop of RFAs this year (since the 4th and 5th year guys who would have been UFAs in previous years, are now RFAs). There's no reason to go after any RFAs in the first day, or week, of free agency.

Simply put, the pickings are really very slim. The best pass rusher currently on the market is Aaron Kampman, and the best offensive tackle on the market is Chad Clifton. That should give you a sense of the overall quality of this group.

cheesner
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
I think the easiest thing in the world is bashing your GM for not bringing out his check book during this time of year. Gets kinda old actually.....And there is no way to verify if your opinion is right. The anti-TT crowd can say if TT had signed a few FAs we would have won the superbowl. The more likely reality is that if he had been signing more FAs we would be worse off.