PDA

View Full Version : Draft eligable OLB's

RashanGary
03-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I looked for guys that can rush the passer, take on blocks in the run game and drop into coverage.

D1 - Brandon Graham – Dominating pass rusher. Hard to know if he'll be able to play coverage, but there's a really good chance he rushes the passer well and plays the run well for an OLB.

D2 - Sergio Kindle - Edit: added Kindle late. He's a dangerous pass rusher, good against the run and has shown the ability to play the pass.

D2 - Jerry Hughes - Competition level was lower, but Hughes made a lot of his hay the tough way, beating OT's. Unlike AJ Hawk a few years ago, every one of Hughes sacks, he had to beat the guy in front of him.

D2/3 - Koa Misi – Most complete OLB prospect in this draft. He's explosive, good size, hard working, good in pass defense, shows good pass rush, should be good for a LB against the run, although will need some technique work like most young players.

D6 - Obrien Schofield – With the injury and lack of experience defending the pass, Schofield is a bit of a project, but a worthwhile one. He's definitely worth a late pick on his pass rush potential alone.

D6 - Adrian Tracy – A great small school defensive end, Tracy racked up sacks and all conference honors. He played linebacker at the Texas -vs- Nation game and looked solid doing it. Seems like a prospect well worth a late round flyer.

BZnDallas
03-07-2010, 12:12 AM
being down here in DFW i'd love the idea of hughes being a Packer... i realize 23 might be a lil high to draft him and he probably wont last until our 2rd pick so what about if TT traded down into the upper 2nd and took hughes and picked up an xtra 3rd... i def think hughes is Packer people!!!

Joemailman
03-07-2010, 12:16 AM
being down here in DFW i'd love the idea of hughes being a Packer... i realize 23 might be a lil high to draft him and he probably wont last until our 2rd pick so what about if TT traded down into the upper 2nd and took hughes and picked up an xtra 3rd... i def think hughes is Packer people!!!

I think this is the best scenario if TT can find a trade partner. There will be some really good players still available in Round 3.

BZnDallas
03-07-2010, 12:20 AM

I think this is the best scenario if TT can find a trade partner. There will be some really good players still available in Round 3.

very true.. finding the trade partner is probably the hardest part of this scenario

steve823
03-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Ya I wouldn't be surprised to see TT trade down and grab Hughes or an OLB, if there are no good OT's left at 23.

Fritz
03-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Agreed. It's always easy to say "he should trade down/up" but as you guys point out, it requires a willing trade partner.

I'm fuzzy on the draft and who's who this year. You all know more than I do on this. I'll be keeping a close eye on your reactions come April.

RashanGary
03-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Yeah, lots of talent across the board this year.

NE has 3 - 2nd round picks and I think 2 - 3rd rounders on top of their 1st.

They have the type of reload opportunity here that could give Brady a good finish to his career.