PDA

View Full Version : The great thing about racism

SkinBasket
03-11-2010, 08:19 AM
Is that it's color blind.

Hunter talks about race

In the report, Hunter was quoted as saying: "People see dark faces out there, and the perception is that they're African-American. They're not us. They're impostors. Even people I know come up and say: 'Hey, what color is Vladimir Guerrero? Is he a black player?' I say, 'Come on, he's Dominican. He's not black.' ...

"As African-American players, we have a theory that baseball can go get an imitator and pass them off as us. It's like they had to get some kind of dark faces, so they go to the Dominican or Venezuela because you can get them cheaper. It's like, 'Why should I get this kid from the South Side of Chicago and have Scott Boras represent him and pay him $5 million when you can get a Dominican guy for a bag of chips?' ... I'm telling you, it's sad," he said.

Initially, he refused to apologize, claiming he was angry about it because it was only a small portion of the discussion. Looks like now his team has forced a non-apology out of him on the team's blog.

Just wonder what the response would have been to a white guy saying the same thing about light skinned Hispanics being "impostors." Well, I don't wonder really, since I already know.

Brando19
03-11-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm not racist...but...he'll get by with it because he's black. You're right...if a white guy would have said that...all hell would break loose.