03-12-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87525017.html

Announced at Fan Fest today.

MJZiggy
03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
What else is there to say but YAY!!!!

pbmax
03-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Signed through 2013 same as Collins, I think.

red
03-12-2010, 06:20 PM
teds trying to buy some love for fan fest

its working

looks like TT has gotten the big important guys set up, now he can just focus on the draft

pbmax
03-12-2010, 06:22 PM
He also must be expecting the Packer's investment fund to rebound (or it has already). I think he's dipping into the rainy day fund if Pickett gets front loaded too.

pbmax
03-12-2010, 06:25 PM
JSO Packers Blog - Lori Nickel (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/87525017.html)[/b]]I signed the papers today. We've been working on this off and on for a year. I'm just happy to stay in Green Bay." It meant the world to him to be here, his family likes it here.

He got the franchise tag: "I was excited." Wanted the deal done.

"I love this defense, I think I was built for it...I think the defense is going to grow leaps and bounds from last year."
It must be getting dusty in the Atrium.

You have to love a Nose Tackle who is excited about being a Nose Tackle. Good stuff.

MJZiggy
03-12-2010, 06:28 PM
I thought he came here in the first place because his wife liked the place.

RashanGary
03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Not to toot our own horns, but isn't this what many of us have predicted for years now. We've said Ted wasn't sitting on cash. We said, Sherman was an awful GM, so we didn't have a lot of players worth paying and free agency is a bad place to build a team. We said once this core is ready for their 2nd deals, we're going to see the money spent.

Anyway, not a shock, not at all. Just a shock to people who didn't look below the surface of the last few years.

Freak Out
03-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Great news......guys like "the Pickett fence" make such a difference in a defense like Dom likes to run.

retailguy
03-12-2010, 07:10 PM
Not to toot our own horns, but isn't this what many of us have predicted for years now. We've said Ted wasn't sitting on cash. We said, Sherman was an awful GM, so we didn't have a lot of players worth paying and free agency is a bad place to build a team. We said once this core is ready for their 2nd deals, we're going to see the money spent.

Anyway, not a shock, not at all. Just a shock to people who didn't look below the surface of the last few years.

In other news, a blind squirrel just found a nut.

RashanGary
03-12-2010, 07:13 PM

In other news, you were wrong, son ;)

Brando19
03-12-2010, 07:17 PM
GREAT news! Pickett is one of my favorite players! I hope he can stay healthy and end his career as a Packer.

RashanGary
03-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Pickett, Raji, Jolly, Jenkins. . .

Uh, I don't think we'll be giving up too much against the run this year.

If I"m not mistaken, isn't Jenkins in the last year of his deal this year? Should we resign him too?

Freak Out
03-12-2010, 07:23 PM

If I"m not mistaken, isn't Jenkins in the last year of his deal this year? Should we resign him too?

What about Harrell? :wink:

RashanGary
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM
I a big fan of Jolly and Pickett. Hopefully I'll be a bigger fan of Raji soon. I'm a fan of Jenkins as well.

Seems like we're short on an ideal 3-4 DE though. I think we should keep either Jenkins or Jolly (I'd lean toward Jolly if he gets his act together) and then hopefully draft an elite 3-4 DE one of these drafts soon.

RashanGary
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Best McCarthy has seen him ;)

red
03-12-2010, 07:26 PM
this is from rotoworld

Packers signed NT Ryan Pickett to a four-year, $28 million extension through 2013. The deal includes $10 million guaranteed.

retailguy
03-12-2010, 07:38 PM

I didn't say they would sign him or they wouldn't. I said he wasn't top 5 and I stand by that. We shall see if he can finally string two good seasons together.

pbmax
03-12-2010, 07:41 PM

Still room for improvement here, as we were getting gashed by the Cardinals the few times they rushed. Might have been blowing gap assignments or just ignoring the run trying to get to the QB. But the assignment part alone should be better in year two of the same scheme.

pbmax
03-12-2010, 07:45 PM

I didn't say they would sign him or they wouldn't. I said he wasn't top 5 and I stand by that. We shall see if he can finally string two good seasons together.
Are you talking Pickett or Collins? Collins has been to two Pro Bowls. Pickett has had one year in the scheme.

steve823
03-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Good to see TT make these moves. I was wondering why he didn't sign a lot of players and front load the contracts..and he finally did. Why not take advantage of the uncapped year. :D

Bretsky
03-12-2010, 08:15 PM

he's at the movies with Robert Ferguson :lol:

Brando19
03-12-2010, 10:11 PM

he's at the movies with Robert Ferguson :lol:

DAMN IT!!! I just read on ESPN that..while at the movies with Feruson...Justin Harrell was digging in the popcorn bag and got a kernel under his finger nail. Son of a bitch is out for the year.

CaliforniaCheez
03-13-2010, 06:55 AM

Not to be negative but the Packers need some DE depth. I look for a draft pick to replace Montgomery. My expectations are so low for Harrell that if he can be a warm body on the field he will exceed those expectations.

Scott Campbell
03-13-2010, 07:56 AM

I'm not sure what to make of Jenkins. He's hurt a lot. He disappears a lot. And at times he's clearly the best player on our defense, and is disruptive on virtually every down.

MJZiggy
03-13-2010, 08:03 AM

I'm not sure what to make of Jenkins. He's hurt a lot. He disappears a lot. And at times he's clearly the best player on our defense, and is disruptive on virtually every down.

Maybe he disappears when he's hurt.

gbgary
03-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Raining Money in Ted's Office

nah...he just opened up one of his old matresses. :wink:

Fritz
03-14-2010, 09:50 AM
It's raining men.

bobblehead
03-14-2010, 10:01 AM
It's raining men.
Hallelujah !!!