PDA

View Full Version : Woodson starting to shine.....

packers11
07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Woodson slams helmet to ground
Cornerback Charles Woodson showed his frustration during a 7-on-7 drill Monday afternoon when he pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground after being pushed by receiver Ruvell Martin, who caught the pass after committing an obvious offensive interference penalty.

Woodson exacted a bit of revenge later in the 11-on-11 team drills, when he intercepted a Brett Favre pass intended for Marc Boerigter. Woodson also intercepted Favre two other times in 7-on-7 drills.

One other unrelated item: One on-field thermometer at Clarke Hinkle Field unofficially gave the temperature at 103 degrees as of 3 p.m. Players took frequent water breaks during and between drills.

-- Mike Vandermause, sports editor, Green Bay Press-Gazette

Woodson is starting to shake off the rust... 3 int from favre... :D

Tony Oday
07-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I never know how to take this kind of news. Sure he got 3 picks but shit Favre threw 3 picks ya know??

packers11
07-31-2006, 07:19 PM
I never know how to take this kind of news. Sure he got 3 picks but shit Favre threw 3 picks ya know??

haha .... I was thinking the same thing when posting this... damn, favre threw 3 picks..... :? .. Lets hope they were unbielevable interceptions (back flips and stuff).... haha :lol:

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Ignore this as my mistake, you wern't at the practise.

Other than those 3 picks by C.W. How did Favre look? Those picks? Did Favre drill the pass's (have pace on the ball) or were they lofted pass's?

How was Samkon looking today?

How did Ahmad Carroll and All Harris look?

One more - Bubba? Is he looking good?

Thanks and Peace Out.

GO Packers !

BallHawk
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Man, I'm getting an itch for Planet Page's reports. He writes some good stuff.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 07:40 PM
52 Million Pickup

More than any season in recent memory (which is all the memory I have left), the thinking GBP fan must decide going into this season: Is the glass half-empty? Or are we completely out of beer?

You know me: I’m not just a half-empty guy. I’m a “I didn’t have a glass, somebody just came along and poured chai latte into my crotch without asking” kind of guy. The Mark Roman torching, for instance—wunderbar! But why the delay? What did TT find out that he didn’t already know—that Kornheiser will love saying “Atari Bigby”?

For some, the liquid is already swirling quickly down the drain. Charles Woodson—he of the sign-a-big-contract, then-take-a-cruise-to-Europe school of athletic preparation—already sounds defensive about his absence from the Minis and the Organized Temporary Angst sessions. Expect to hear this tone quite a bit from him this year:

Woodson, the Packers’ new $52 million free agent, said he simply thought he could better prepare himself independently for the upcoming season from a physical standpoint, saying there was plenty of practice time in training camp to prepare for the season from a schematic standpoint.

Rather than train here with the team, Woodson worked out in Houston, concentrating mostly on running.

“Sprinting. Distance. 100-degree heat. I challenge you to do it a little bit and you let me know how intense it is,” Woodson said. “Working out in that heat, it gets you prepared for anything. I just did a lot of running. I did ‘DB’ drills, but you’re going to get all the drills you need when you come to training camp. I just made sure my body was all right. You saw a lot of guys out there cramping today. I don’t have any problems.”

Au contraire, says Cliff Christl, who’s at his best as training-camp stenographer:

" Forty-million dollar cornerback Charles Woodson looked like just another rank-and-file player or at least someone who had skipped most all of the Packers’ offensive workouts. Woodson said he was in tip-top shape, but Brett Favre repeatedly smoked him in seven-on-seven. Rookies Greg Jennings and Chris Francies caught hooks from Favre in front of Woodson. Free agent Ruvell Martin beat Woodson deep by a good step, but couldn’t haul the pass in when their feet got tangled. Donald Driver climaxed the second 7-on-7 period by blowing past Woodson on a go pattern for and catching a 75-yard touchdown pass from Favre. "

When you’re letting something called Chris Francies catch hooks in front of you, I would hope they take $12 million away from you immediately.

Not to beat a dead horse until the neighborhood children are making glue sticks out of its remains, but Woodson is already displaying many of the mucuousy attributes of the classic turd bust. McGinn’s analysis of the DBs does quote a Raiders’ official to the effect that Woodson was their best defensive player last year (you get a big scary skull-and-crossbones bandana for that award)—at least until he broke the second leg in as many years. And now? The Raiders’ official would “move him to free safety. He’d be an all-pro.” Certainly in his own mind.

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 at 06:24AM by Robert Lalasz |

b bulldog
07-31-2006, 09:05 PM
At least Brett is in midseason form :razz:

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Let's hope Woodson can stay healthy and play well--erasing the stigma of going to Michigan. I think Woodson was at Michigan the last time they were any good.

Bossman641
07-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Glad to hear about the defense causing turnovers, especially Woodson. Been missing those for ahwile.

BallHawk
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Glad to hear about the defense causing turnovers, especially Woodson. Been missing those for ahwile.

I know. Last season we were last the league in Turnover Differential with a dissmal -24. That was still in part to the offense, but the defense was a huge culprit.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 09:39 PM
At least Brett is in midseason form :razz:

Some things never change. :neutral:

ND72
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM
Ignore this as my mistake, you wern't at the practise.

Other than those 3 picks by C.W. How did Favre look? Those picks? Did Favre drill the pass's (have pace on the ball) or were they lofted pass's?

How was Samkon looking today?

How did Ahmad Carroll and All Harris look?

One more - Bubba? Is he looking good?

Thanks and Peace Out.

GO Packers !

Just my opinion on the day (i went up there)...Brett looked horrible, i think i counted at least 6INTs HE threw today. Aaron Rodgers looked very sharp.

Samkon looked like a 3rd string back again. Najeh is looking very good in my opinion. Samkon still didn't see many holes when they were there. Herron had 3 nice carries.

Ahmad carroll I thought looked really good...I mean REALLy good. But i also think Woodson and Harris both looked very good today also. Woodson especially.

I didn't see much of Bubba. I saw Rodgers go long to him but over threw him. Other than that i didn't see much.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks alot ND72.

Brett wore himself out in his news conference. :mrgreen:

Darn good report on OUR CB's though.

GO Packers !

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 10:28 PM
Don't worry about Brett. He had these days even in his MVP years. He's always said talked about testing guys in camp. Not sure the coaches like this, but it might be his way of challenging Woodson and also seeing what his receivers are made of.

ND72
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
I really think our defense as a whole looks GOOD. top to bottom.

Our DT's are pushign the pocket, the DE's are looking solid. Our LB's are all over the field, and our DB's just look solid. Very solid.

That might not say a lot for our offense, but our offense has had it's moments.

I don't know, I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but watch out for the Pack, I really have a good feeling. McCarthy's practices are tough, and they get stuff done. There were guys throwing up and having to be helped to the side to get dosed with water...they didn't do anything half hearted today. lots of hitting and working today in 100 degree heat. I like what i saw, and the guys never seemed to hate it or think twice about it...the OL and DL worked insanely hard all practice and against eachother.

OH, and i got 2 AJ Hawk autographs...so i was pretty pumped about that.

mraynrand
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Let's hope Woodson can stay healthy and play well--erasing the stigma of going to Michigan. I think Woodson was at Michigan the last time they were any good.

No shit. He almost singlehandedly won them a National Championship. Then again, they did get to play Cryin' Leaf in the Nat. Championship game. Giving the co-champ to Nebraska was a fraud. Stuff your 'Michigan stigma' where the sun don't shine, Harvey! Go Blue!!

Partial
07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the camp report ND! I have been waiting for a good one all day today!!

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm glad to hear the defense looks good. McCarthy and Thompson seemed pretty confident (a quiet confidence) in them. Christl said these were the first interceptions that Favre threw in camp so far.

Partial
07-31-2006, 10:37 PM
Harv, can you post the christl report?

ND72
07-31-2006, 10:38 PM
One thing that I like from Brett, what i've seen so far, is he is looking for the TE a bit more again. The TE's just kept rotating so Bubba wasn't always with the 1st team. But Brett threw a lot of balls to Donald Lee and Tory Humphrey today, oh and 1 nice catch by Martin by Brett. So the McCarthy "old school" west coast seems to be bringing Brett back to the TE, which is what i thought made Brett so good at one time.

Partial
07-31-2006, 10:48 PM
One thing that I like from Brett, what i've seen so far, is he is looking for the TE a bit more again. The TE's just kept rotating so Bubba wasn't always with the 1st team. But Brett threw a lot of balls to Donald Lee and Tory Humphrey today, oh and 1 nice catch by Martin by Brett. So the McCarthy "old school" west coast seems to be bringing Brett back to the TE, which is what i thought made Brett so good at one time.

That is wonderful news. So far, I am 100% on board with the decision for McCarthey. He seems to have a very good idea of what offensive/defensive philosophies are going to maximize our talent. I think the running game and very traditional WCO will maximize Favre's playmaking ability and minimize mistakes. I think the defense is going to be great, and the offense is going to surprise a lot of people.

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 10:49 PM
Favre, good years or bad years, has always struggled a bit at the beginning of camp. I wouldn't read too much into the completion percentage either--as it's been reported that there's been an epidemic in dropsies among the receivers. Let's see where he's at halfway through camp.

Camp Report, July 31

THUMBS UP

There’s an old adage that interceptions often come in bunches. And they came in bunches Monday afternoon for cornerback Charles Woodson. He picked off Brett Favre three times: Once in the team sessions and twice in seven-on-seven.

Woodson was burned as much as any defender in the first two practices, but some of the Packers’ brass said they were anything but alarmed. “I just think he’s showing what he is,” said Reggie McKenzie, the Packers’ director of pro personnel, after Woodson’s three-pick day.

The Packers signed Woodson to a $40 million deal in the off-season with performances like this in mind. His interception in team drills came when he used his veteran savvy to read a route, drop back out of a short zone and intercept a pass along the sideline intended for wide receiver Marc Boerigter. On one of Woodson’s picks in seven-on-seven, he made a diving catch over wide receiver Robert Ferguson on a short out. “We feel he’s going to make plays on the ball,” said Kurt Schottenheimer, the Packers’ secondary coach. “He’s highly competitive.”

Woodson’s highest interception total during his eight years with the Raiders was 5 as a rookie in 1998.

THUMBS DOWN

Favre had one of those rotten, throw-it-up-for-grabs days that became all too familiar last season. He threw five interceptions: Two in team drills and three in seven-on-seven. In addition to Woodson’s three picks, safety Marviel Underwood intercepted a pass in the end zone in a red-zone session and cornerback Ahmad Carroll made an impressive break on a ball and cut under the tight end to swipe a Favre pass in seven-on-seven.

For the day, Favre was 7 of 13 with two interceptions in team drills and 8 of 13 with three interceptions in seven-on-seven. In Favre’s first three practices, he hadn’t thrown a single interception in 77 throws, including all the team and seven-on-seven sessions except for a brief early team period where the quarterbacks throw almost exclusively screen passes. But Favre had completed only 41 of his passes, or a mere 53%.

INJURY REPORT

Tackle Chad Clifton (knee) missed practice after dropping out late in Sunday night’s practice. … Rookie running back Arliss Beach also dropped out of practice Sunday night and didn’t practice again Monday. He apparently was hospitalized with a concussion.

Defensive tackle Kenderick Allen and guard Junius Coston were forced to drop out of practice with heat related issues.

Leo Bookman (ankle) and Patrick Dendy (ankle) continued to miss practice.

Ryan Pickett returned to team work.

ODDS & ENDS

Twenty minutes into the 2 p.m. practice, the Packers’ digital computer monitor showed that the heat index was 111 degrees and the temperature, 98 degrees. Pepper Burruss said it was one of the hottest days in his 14 years as the Packers’ trainer.

Second-year center Chris White had a good day in one-on-one pass blocking. He held his ground against Colin Cole and Jerome Nichols. … On the defensive side, tackle Ryan Pickett had a good day against rookie guard Jason Spitz and Coston.

Free agent left tackle Josh Bourke held his own in one-on-one pass blocking against rookies Dave Tollefson and Montez Murphy. But when Bourke moved up in class, he was beat to the outside by veteran Kenny Peterson.

Ferguson made a leaping catch over cornerback Therrian Fontenot for a touchdown in the red zone period and rookie receiver Calvin Russell also caught a touchdown in the same session on a corner route. Aaron Rodgers threw both passes.

In addition to his interception, Underwood also tipped a Favre pass on the next play.

Dave Rayner missed another field goal out of three ties: This time from 28 yards.

The Packers worked on kickoff returns with a No. 1 deep tandem of Greg Jennings and Samkon Gado. Ferguson and Cory Rodgers comprised the No. 2 unit. … Woodson, Rodgers, Jennings and Ferguson have worked as the punt returners in that order.

ON THIS DAY

Aug. 1, 1963 – The Packers and Washington Redskins moved their upcoming exhibition game, scheduled for Sept. 7, from Columbus, Ga., to Cedar Rapids, Ia. There was to be segregated seating in Columbus and both clubs were fearful of demonstrations. Before the 1962 game in Columbus between the Packers and Redskins, both teams stayed at Fort Benning, just outside the city, rather than in a segregated hotel, which would have forced the black players on the two teams to stay elsewhere. The West Side Civic Club will sponsor the game in Cedar Rapids.

SCHEDULE TUESDAY

The Packers will practice twice: At 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. The players are scheduled to wear full pads only during the evening practice.

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 10:50 PM
McCarthy's Version Of West Coast Offense Fills Favre With Optimism
by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

Brett Favre may not be able to feel 10 years younger, but he indicated Monday he's going to be running an offense that more closely resembles the one he ran a decade ago.

At his first training camp news conference, Favre said Mike McCarthy's version of the West Coast offense feels a lot like the one Mike Holmgren ran here earlier in his career, with a greater emphasis on short passes and careful selection of when to go for the big play.

"I think we will go down the field, but I think we're reverting back more to when Holmgren was coaching and that philosophy is the 3- and 4-yard passes are like runs," Favre said.

"If you get a 40-yard touchdown pass or run, that's a bonus. They will come, but they only come if you continue to get first downs, so don't try to bite off too much initially. You pick your spots and matchups to take those chances."

Favre didn't specifically say so, but that sounds like an offense that should reduce the career-high 29 interceptions he threw in 2005.

He said he's perfectly willing to "play the percentages," and with that mindset is an optimism about the players around him who can help the offense reach that level of execution.

Favre recognized the offensive line is the biggest unknown, with two rookies in Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz potentially starting at guard and another young player in Scott Wells starting at center. But that doesn't make him second-guess his decision to come back in 2006 any more than the sore ankles, feet and hips he feels when he gets up in the morning.

Favre likes what he sees in running back Ahman Green, even though he hasn't practiced yet.

"He looks as good as he's ever looked, and there's no doubt he has a chip on his shoulder," Favre said. "He wants to play even better than he has in the past."

He's also excited about his tight ends, calling the addition of Donald Lee "a gem" to go with a healthy Bubba Franks and David Martin. The possibilities with that group also had him thinking about the Packers offense of the mid-1990s.

"It reminds me a little bit of 'Chewy' (Mark Chmura) and Keith Jackson and how we were able to use those guys and spread the field," Favre said.

At receiver, Favre knows what he has in Donald Driver, and though he's not worried about whether his No. 2 target ends up being Robert Ferguson, Rod Gardner, rookie Greg Jennings, or any of the other receivers in camp, he put the onus on all the contenders to seize the opportunity.

"The competition is there for our guys to step up," Favre said. "History has shown the ball will be thrown to you. There's a lot of touchdowns to be caught, so you have to be eager if you're one of our pass-catchers."

Favre is particular intrigued by Jennings, the second-round draft choice out of Western Michigan. In describing that receivers reveal very quickly whether they "have it" or don't, Favre said Jennings just may have it.

"Just watching him, I can see why he had success in college and I can also see maybe why he was overlooked," Favre said. "Sometimes size and speed play such a big part in decisions from NFL teams that you overlook the intangibles. Can he get open? Can he catch? Can he catch in traffic?

"Some of those things remain to be seen, but I feel like he's kind of a natural at what he does."

Time will tell whether the new components combined with the old philosophy can help make up for eight losses by a touchdown or less in 2005. Favre is certainly optimistic, praising the level of talent on the team but qualifying that with how unproven and inexperienced that talent is.

"It really is going to come down to guys making plays," he said. "No one really is ever wide open in pro football. There's not really any big holes to run through, and I don't see that changing. So it's going to come down to guys making tough plays.

"That's what this game is all about....It comes down to one or two plays, that's all. Those one or two plays can make you 4-12, 8-8, 10-6, whatever."

Partial
07-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Anyone think Arliss Beach got his concussion from the massive hit that Hodge evidentally layed on him last night?

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Yes that souds good. Did you see any screen plays or running back option pass plays utilized today ND72?

Maybe I shouldn't ask such a question? LOL :shock: Spies ! :shock:

Thanks so much for being there for us.

ND72
07-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I don't think i saw any screens, but i did see a HB option pass today, went incomplete.

RashanGary
07-31-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but after mini-camps, I was saying Jennings was very natural and fluid. Favre is a little mis informed if he though Jennings had poor measurables though.

Amazing 40 yd dash = 4.40, Jennings *4.46* CLICK FOR SOURCE LINK (http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/wr)
Amazing Vertical leap = 40 inches, Jennings *36"*

Those are the two most telling stats for explosiveness and game breaking ability. Jennings is not off the charts, but he is near the top. His height is one thing that could be better, but with the rule changes smaller WR's have been thriving, in some cases the quickness is starting to be more important than size with the no touch defense making size less important. The thing I notice more than anything CLICK FOR JENNINGS VIDEO (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=2&dl=nfl) is that he combines all of the measurables with an amazing feel for the game of football, the coordination and body control that cannot be measured and hands that are as good as can anyones. He was overlooked, maybe because he was from a small school, maybe because he didn't have jaw dropping speed like Chad Jackson. I'm not trying to be a homer here, but I've watched as much video of Jennings as could be found and seen a 5 or 6 hours of his practice and I would be very surprised if Chad Jackson is this good. Jennings is likely to be similar to Antonio Freeman. I never saw that much skill in Chad Jackson.

Partial
07-31-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't mean to toot my own horn here, but after mini-camps, I was saying Jennings was very natural and fluid. Favre is a little mis informed if he though Jennings had poor measurables though.

Amazing 40 yd dash = 4.40, Jennings *4.46* CLICK FOR SOURCE LINK (http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/expert/brandt/wr)
Amazing Vertical leap = 40 inches, Jennings *36"*

Those are the two most telling stats for explosiveness and game breaking ability. Jennings is not off the charts, but he is near the top. His height is one thing that could be better, but with the rule changes smaller WR's have been thriving, in some cases the quickness is starting to be more important than size with the no touch defense making size less important. The thing I notice more than anything CLICK FOR JENNINGS VIDEO (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=2&dl=nfl) is that he combines all of the measurables with an amazing feel for the game of football, the coordination and body control that cannot be measured and hands that are as good as can anyones. He was overlooked, maybe because he was from a small school, maybe because he didn't have jaw dropping speed like Chad Jackson. I'm not trying to be a homer here, but I've watched as much video of Jennings as could be found and seen a 5 or 6 hours of his practice and I would be very surprised if Chad Jackson is this good. Jennings is likely to be similar to Antonio Freeman. I never saw that much skill in Chad Jackson.

I don't think Jennings is an exceptional sprinter/jumper, but then again some of the best players in the leagues aren't. Jackson is a burner and thats about it. Like all the other Florida receivers drafted high, he'll bust.

RashanGary
07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Hawk didn't have amazing #'s either but they were just high enough to be top notch.

Jenning is no Hawk becuase I think Hawk is the best player in GB since #4, and #92 as far as my memory is concerned. I think Jennings has the tools to be #86 or #80. Sure it's not Randy Moss, but it's just enough to be a borderline probowl NFL player. We could use a few more of those :)

I'm not saying his #'s are exceptional, that is why I put exceptional #'s to compare his to. I said they were close and definitly not fair to call him an over achiever who doesn't have physical talent like some seem to be wanting to paint him as. He's a gifted athlete who has a special knack for the game, not a poor athlete with a knack for the game. I just wanted to clarify that.

Partial
07-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Hawk didn't have amazing #'s either but they were just high enough to be top notch.

Jenning is no Hawk becuase I think Hawk is the best player in GB since #4, and #92 as far as my memory is concerned. I think Jennings has the tools to be #86 or #80. Sure it's not Randy Moss, but it's just enough to be a borderline probowl NFL player. We could use a few more of those :)

I'm not saying his #'s are exceptional, that is why I put exceptional #'s to compare his to. I said they were close and definitly not fair to call him an over achiever who doesn't have physical talent like some seem to be wanting to paint him as. He's a gifted athlete who has a special knack for the game, not a poor athlete with a knack for the game. I just wanted to clarify that.

Definitely. I am thinking about going to a practice sometime in August, want to meet up up there?

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:26 AM
Definitely. I am thinking about going to a practice sometime in August, want to meet up up there?

Sure :lol:

Bossman641
08-01-2006, 12:34 AM
Don't like what I'm hearing about the Favre interceptions. Of course it's only one day so it's not a big deal yet. Still, I like the tone that McCarthy and Jags seem to be setting in this article.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes: Interceptions plague Favre in practice
Quarterback picked off five times in afternoon workout
By BOB McGINN
bmcginn@journalsentinel.com
Posted: July 31, 2006

Green Bay - Several times during the Mike Sherman era there would be occasions later on during training camp when offensive coordinator Tom Rossley and quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell would remark on how few interceptions Brett Favre had thrown in camp.

The new Green Bay Packers coaching staff won't be doing that this summer after Favre fired an incredible five interceptions Monday afternoon in practice.

Just as he does after almost every play, coach Mike McCarthy spoke with Favre immediately after the interceptions.

"What do you want me to say?" offensive coordinator Jeff Jagodzinski said. "No, that's not acceptable. And let me tell you. We're going to get it corrected."

Favre is coming off a season in which he had 29 interceptions, most by any quarterback in the National Football League since 1988. To have their veteran leader fire five on a day when he was splitting time at the position and practices were shortened because of the heat was far from what McCarthy wanted to see.

Both Jagodzinski and wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said they wouldn't be able to tell exactly what happened until they reviewed tape. However, Robinson said he didn't notice a blown route on any of the five.

"Here's the big thing," Jagodzinski said. "You can't throw down the middle late. You just can't do that. And I think a couple of them were down the middle late."

Cornerback Charles Woodson picked off Favre three times.

"It's not just Brett," Woodson said. "It's the fact I've been doing it a long time and I can still do it.

"There's been a lot of things written about me the past couple years as far as me being hurt and I've lost a step and this and that. It's really a bunch of nonsense. There's no question, if you go back and look at the games, I can play for anybody."

Woodson admitted that he didn't perform all that well the first day or two but said that was due more to working on technique.

"I haven't played football since the sixth week of last season," he said. "I was just getting back into it."

Favre's first interception came on an under-thrown ball to Marc Boerigter in which Woodson said the quarterback probably didn't see him.

Woodson's second came when he broke quickly on a short sideline route to Robert Ferguson and wrestled it away. His third came on an end-zone pass to Ferguson.

"I was playing zone and I just sat in my area," Woodson said of his third interception. "I read the quarterback and he almost threw it right to me. I didn't have to do much for it."

Favre also was intercepted by Ahmad Carroll, who said he undercut a route by tight end Tory Humphrey, and in the end zone by safety Marviel Underwood, who was in zone coverage. On the next play, Underwood had a chance to intercept Favre once more but dropped the pass.

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 12:36 AM
the INT's don't really bother me, it's still the few few days of camp. What worries me though is the talk about his ankle bothering him all season. Maybe it's just the local media making a bigger deal of what it really is, but is that something to be concerned about?

mraynrand
08-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Hey Harv,

I hope you didn't take that comment of mine too seriously. Iwas just trying to provoke a Badger Wolverine controversy! Honestly though, I think that Woodson could add a lot, coming from a tradition-rich school like Michigan - and carrying the legacy of a National Championship. He was such an exceptional athlete in college. I hope he still has it. And for the record, I like Michigan more than Wisconsin, but I'm a Big Ten football fan most of all. So it's hard for me to get too worked up about intra-division rivalries. Thanks for posting the camp report - I hope the JS and their black helicopters don't track you down.

HarveyWallbangers
08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm not a Badgers fan. My squad is the team that owns your squad from down south.
:D

mraynrand
08-01-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm not a Badgers fan. My squad is the team that owns your squad from down south.
:D

Fair enough. I live in Ohio and have a Buckeye tree in my back yard! I kind of get a kick out of the whole rivalry thing - everyone gets really worked up. I get all kinds of 'comments' wearing Michigan gear! I'm not as emotionally connected to the outcome like I am for Packer games, so it's more fun than anything else.

But I agree with you - the Buckeyes have Michigan's number and they better figure it out this year or Lloyd will be out the door. To lose to Ohio State and ND in the same year! Arrrrggggh!

OS PA
08-01-2006, 03:49 AM
Kind of Off-topic, but check this intense DD picture out!

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/jul06/dd731.jpg
Js-online Graphic

MJZiggy
08-01-2006, 07:22 AM
the INT's don't really bother me, it's still the few few days of camp. What worries me though is the talk about his ankle bothering him all season. Maybe it's just the local media making a bigger deal of what it really is, but is that something to be concerned about?

When he talked about it in his press conference, he said it was just from getting older and it wasn't anything that would take him off the field. That once he got out there, it didn't bother him. He said it bothered him last season too.

GBRulz
08-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Kinda what I figured, Zig.... the media blowing something out of proportion

MadtownPacker
08-01-2006, 08:22 AM
So Woodson had a nice day huh? Well he better and Harris too or Carroll is gonna take one of the starting gigs away.

pbmax
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I really think our defense as a whole looks GOOD. top to bottom.

Our DT's are pushign the pocket, the DE's are looking solid. Our LB's are all over the field, and our DB's just look solid. Very solid.

That might not say a lot for our offense, but our offense has had it's moments.

I don't know, I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but watch out for the Pack, I really have a good feeling. McCarthy's practices are tough, and they get stuff done. There were guys throwing up and having to be helped to the side to get dosed with water...they didn't do anything half hearted today. lots of hitting and working today in 100 degree heat. I like what i saw, and the guys never seemed to hate it or think twice about it...the OL and DL worked insanely hard all practice and against eachother.

OH, and i got 2 AJ Hawk autographs...so i was pretty pumped about that.
ND, everything written about the O and D Line work in practice has me hopeful, I love the approach Christl described for the D Line the last two years. Thanks for confirming.

We might not score as many gorgeous TDs without playmakers, but at least we'll be knocking heads and competing.

pbmax
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
"We're going to get it corrected."
Everytime I read these words, I get a Ray Rhodes flashback.

woodbuck27
08-01-2006, 09:28 AM

pbmax:

Are you being reserved in making any prediction on OUR chances . . .

(ie - record in the season), till we finish TC ?

K-town
08-01-2006, 10:18 AM

Wasn't Sherman also famous for "We'll get it fixed"?
Did that give you a chill down your back?
"Why, Johnny Ringo, it looked like someone just walked over your grave."

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Charles Woodson is the freaking man...I'm so pumped we got him..

cpk1994
08-01-2006, 12:06 PM

Wasn't Sherman also famous for "We'll get it fixed"?
Did that give you a chill down your back?
"Why, Johnny Ringo, it looked like someone just walked over your grave."

Sherman is also famous for:
"The ball slipped out of his hand."
"Brett has a thumb injury, ya know?"

b bulldog
08-01-2006, 03:07 PM
tHE ONLY REASON WHY o sT owns UM is because of Carr. Carr is the worst coach in the conference and if they tank again this year, he will be gone.

Tony Oday
08-01-2006, 03:34 PM
BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glen Mason...nuff said :twisted:

woodbuck27
08-05-2006, 07:14 AM
WOODSON won't be playing WR

Cornerback Charles Woodson didn't help his chances of playing some receiver this year when he chose to skip all the Packers' voluntary workouts this offseason.

When the Packers signed Woodson to a free-agent contract this offseason, Woodson raised the possibility of playing occasionally on offense, and coach Mike McCarthy said he was open to it. But on Thursday, McCarthy said Woodson had too many other duties to justify working at offense during training camp, and Woodson's skipping of voluntary practices was "probably a factor.

But it's his first year in the defense." Woodson is the Packers' starting left cornerback, and on nickel and dime downs, he has to learn another position because he moves inside to cover the slot receiver, with Ahmad Carroll replacing him at left cornerback.

Woodson also is the Packers' primary punt returner.

"We just felt his plate was full as far as playing corner and also nickel in the new scheme," McCarthy said.

"He's played it before, so I don't think the learning is anything he couldn't handle, but he's also going to be our punt returner. That's where we are today, it's not to say we can't do (offense) in the future."

GO PACKERS!