PDA

View Full Version : Kampman - Any news on his future yet?

Packers4Ever
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I just got mail from relatives who say Kampy is back with

a 2 year contract, I've seen nothing and I usually keep

a pretty close watch on these things.

Anybody know?

Much appreciated!

Packers4Ever
03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Whoaaaa, hold the phone, relative confused

over whether it's Kampy or Tausch,

Sorreeeeee :roll:

Little Whiskey
03-14-2010, 10:56 PM
hahahah, you had me confused for a bit. thought maybe you had fallen off the earth for a while. hahaha

reports say that Taush signed a 2 year deal. nothing official from gb yet. might be offically announced monday.

Packers4Ever
03-15-2010, 11:19 PM
hahahah, you had me confused for a bit. thought maybe you had fallen off the earth for a while. hahaha

reports say that Taush signed a 2 year deal. nothing official from gb yet. might be offically announced monday.

Thanks, LW, we got it all settled down here
and everyone involved is back on track, 8-)
( I hope )

Bretsky
03-19-2010, 09:50 PM
PER BEDARD...who everybody seems to hate.........

KAMPMAN IS RUNNING A THANK YOU AD TO GB FANS ON BACK OF JS SPORTS SECTION TOMORROW

per twitter

swede
03-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Very classy exit for one heck of a nice guy.

I think Brent thought we were supposed to take out an ad for him.

Scott Campbell
03-19-2010, 11:47 PM
Kampman - great Packer. Good luck Aaron.

packerbacker1234
03-20-2010, 08:56 AM

Why do we need to diminish this by comparing it to brett favre's exit. Different positions, different types of players. We tried to turn Kampman into something he's not - and he isn't going to get upset at the originization. He is still in his prime. If this happened to Favre in his prime (we tried to change his poisition) he would of left just as well. Favre was at the end of his career (so we thought) and like any great player it is hard to let go.

No one seems to knock on Jerry Rice for doing what Favre did. Retiring, unretiring, changing teams because people didn't want him. I mean, Derrick Mason came out of retirement last year and the only difference is that the originization WANTED Mason back when he did it, but when Favre did it we didn't.

OK OK ENOUGH PB1234.

Aaron Kampman, you will be missed. I know you enjoyed your time here and we simply made a change that meant we had to get rid of one of our elite defenders. I wish you luck.

Scott Campbell
03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I think all GB fans can appreciate guys who choose to leave the right way. And that's why you won't find anyone arguing about how Kampman chose to go about this. It can't be second guessed by anyone. He clearly values his legacy here.

mission
03-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I think all GB fans can appreciate guys who choose to leave the right way. And that's why you won't find anyone arguing about how Kampman chose to go about this. It can't be second guessed by anyone. He clearly values his legacy here.

Exactly, and that's why we're all giving him the collective respect that he deserves.

It's pretty simple.

mission
03-20-2010, 09:20 AM
"Hello Packer fans.

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your support, encouragement and friendship.. It has been an honor to serve this community for the past 8 years. as a member of the legendary Green Bay Packer organization.
Linde and I thank God for the years we've spent in Wisconsin, and we thank you for welcoming us with open arms.

For my family, this time has been so much more than a job. we've experienced many public and private successes that will stand in our memories forever. Most importantly. we experienced them with you.

I look forward to the day when I'll bring my three boys to Lambeau Field and reminisce about what it was like to be part of of the Packer nation"

Thank you and Good Bless" Aaron Kampman "74"

I must have missed the Favre ad.

Way to go Kamp. Good luck man!

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 09:23 AM

I think it shows maturity. Favre is like a 2 year old that thinks he's the center of the world. Kampman obviously thought about where the Packers were coming from. He didn't like what happened, and it did stink for him, but he didn't throw a fit as if he was the center of the universe. That's the big difference. Kampman is a good to the people around him because he considers them. Brett doesn't give two shits, doesn't even cross his mind that other people are involved. He thinks he's entitled to run the show, and in running it, only cares about himself.

MJZiggy
03-20-2010, 10:06 AM

I think it shows maturity. Favre is like a 2 year old that thinks he's the center of the world. Kampman obviously thought about where the Packers were coming from. He didn't like what happened, and it did stink for him, but he didn't throw a fit as if he was the center of the universe. That's the big difference. Kampman is a good to the people around him because he considers them. Brett doesn't give two shits, doesn't even cross his mind that other people are involved. He thinks he's entitled to run the show, and in running it, only cares about himself.

'Kay, but with the contrast made, let's put the focus back on Kampman. How very sad to see that he won't be back with us, and a wonderful gesture on his part. I wish him the best in Jacksonville (except, of course if they play the Packers).

Brandon494
03-20-2010, 10:13 AM

Why do we need to diminish this by comparing it to brett favre's exit. Different positions, different types of players. We tried to turn Kampman into something he's not - and he isn't going to get upset at the originization. He is still in his prime. If this happened to Favre in his prime (we tried to change his poisition) he would of left just as well. Favre was at the end of his career (so we thought) and like any great player it is hard to let go.

No one seems to knock on Jerry Rice for doing what Favre did. Retiring, unretiring, changing teams because people didn't want him. I mean, Derrick Mason came out of retirement last year and the only difference is that the originization WANTED Mason back when he did it, but when Favre did it we didn't.

OK OK ENOUGH PB1234.

Aaron Kampman, you will be missed. I know you enjoyed your time here and we simply made a change that meant we had to get rid of one of our elite defenders. I wish you luck.

Mason has only retired once and it was only for a few weeks, Favre has hinted at retirement since 2005 and took months to make his decision. Mason also didnt wait until after the draft after his team drafted two players at his position to replace him then decide at the start of training camp he wanted to come back. Its a HUGE difference.

Also don't forget we going to let Favre come back, he just had to compete with A-Rod for the starting job which really ticked him off. Just goes to show you know good Rodgers is. If Favre believe it would have been a piece of cake to win the job he would have accepted but he knew it would be no walk in the park.

swede
03-20-2010, 10:23 AM
I apologize for the pot-stirring. The last thing I wanted to do was to take away from the bittersweet ending to Kampman'a career as a Packer.

His work ethic, character, and success as a 4-3 DE created a memorable chapter in Packer history. He quietly accepted the challenge of a brand new position without complaining, and since there was little good for him to say he said nothing. There was no reason for me to scribble upon those pages a cheap shot at someone else.

green_bowl_packer
03-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Here's the link to the ad from profootballtalk.com

http://www.aaronkampman.com/aaron-kampman-milwaukee-journal-sentinal-thank-you-03-20-2010.bmp

Bossman641
03-20-2010, 12:24 PM
A very classy move from AK. Good luck in Jacksonville.