PDA

View Full Version : Havner in trouble

Lurker64
03-15-2010, 09:17 PM
According to Packer Update (http://twitter.com/packer_update)

TE Spencer Havner is facing DUI charges after a motorcycle accident Saturday in California. The ex-UCLA star suffered a fractured scapula.

Just a few days after they wrote a fairly glowing (http://packerupdate.net/?p=2766) piece on him.

mission
03-15-2010, 09:26 PM
The only thing worse than drinking and driving is drinking and driving a motorcycle.

Since he's not critically injured I think it's fair to call him a frickin idiot. Glad he didn't hurt anyone else.

Too bad, he was doing well...

Brandon494
03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Glad to hear its nothing serious but come on Havner. I don't understand these guys, each year seems like a professional athlete injurys himself from riding a motorcycle yet they still don't learn from other's mistakes.

pbmax
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
The JSO Blog has him with a fractured scapula.

I cannot believe he would ride the thing without a helmet (not that it would have helped his scapula). Frankenbacker needs to be more afraid of fire.

digitaldean
03-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Lost a very good friend who did what Havner did.

He is DAMN lucky.

He needs this....
:butt: :butt:

Brandon494
03-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Lost a very good friend who did what Havner did.

He is DAMN lucky.

He needs this....
:butt: :butt:

I've lost a friend as well and have two other friends who are paralyzed. Its just not worth it too me, and to not wear a helmet is just plain dumb.

Joemailman
03-15-2010, 10:17 PM
The JSO Blog has him with a fractured scapula.

I cannot believe he would ride the thing without a helmet (not that it would have helped his scapula). Frankenbacker needs to be more afraid of fire.

Well, he was charged with DUI. The spirits tend to hinder better judgment.

bobblehead
03-16-2010, 03:38 AM
I disagree with some of you. I think drinking and driving should ONLY be legal on a cycle. I have lost a friend to a drunk driver in a car. She would have lived if the idiot were driving a cycle.

All morons that can't decide when to call a cab should be encouraged to ride a motorcycle if they insist on driving drunk. That way they can scrape them up like roadkill and move on without the innocents getting killed.

sheepshead
03-16-2010, 07:39 AM
His agent is denying the DUI. I guess he wouldnt deny it if happened, its public record. A doc friend of mine calls them "donorcycles" Its where we get our parts.

pbmax
03-16-2010, 07:45 AM
His agent is denying the DUI. I guess he wouldnt deny it if happened, its public record. A doc friend of mine calls them "donorcycles" Its where we get our parts.
Yes. But being arrested does not have to be immediately followed by a charge. That can happen later. He isn't in the clear yet, no matter what his agent would like us to think.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2010, 09:00 AM
That's one strike against him. I'm guessing he maybe gets two and then he's done in GB. Very disappointing.

sheepshead
03-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Yes. But being arrested does not have to be immediately followed by a charge. That can happen later. He isn't in the clear yet, no matter what his agent would like us to think.

was he arrested? Ill look, sorry i didnt see that

mission
03-16-2010, 09:03 AM
some of the PFT comments on this are hilarious

what next, Havner getting accused of sexual assault twice?! :lol:

pbmax
03-16-2010, 09:57 AM

was he arrested? Ill look, sorry i didnt see that
In the JSO blog's first item they give a link (or mention) to the local paper, who reported it originally. The mention of the arrest was in there.

Lurker64
03-16-2010, 12:29 PM
All morons that can't decide when to call a cab should be encouraged to ride a motorcycle if they insist on driving drunk. That way they can scrape them up like roadkill and move on without the innocents getting killed.

I think it would be better if we had all the drunk people driving around Segways.

Tony Oday
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
It will be a wake up call I think for the kid...time to winter and summer in GB Spencer

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I went to try and see him in the hospital yesterday. He is already out or the hospital lied to me.

Sutter Roseville Hospital is just a few miles from where I live.

Indian Flat Road is not very long and is near Nevada City.
I have a MapQuest link which you can see for yourself begins at the western end of the road. Even on highest magnification it take only a few clicks to get to the other end of Indian Flat Road. Go to the Aerial View and you can see there is probably only a couple possible cul-de-sacs where this could happen.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Nevada+City&state=CA&address=%5B17082-17099%5D+Indian+Flat+Rd&zipcode=95959&country=US&latitude=39.268835&longitude=-121.056355&geocode=BLOCK

That is right in the middle of the Gold mining area of California. It is a quaint, very rural area with few changes over the decades. They have a few things for Gold Mine history tourists but little else. There are a number of abandoned ghost towns in the area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_City,_California

That Highway 49 is not a divided highway and headlights are required to be on at all times on it because so many have been killed passing on the hills and curves.

Spencer went to Nevada-Union High School which is huge and they bus students in from a long way. They have a beautiful football field with Field Turf. Too many drainage problems in the hills for grass. They have an excellent football program.

I suspect that Spencer was having one last good time with family and friends before flying to Green Bay for the offseason workout program which began Monday.

I would also speculate that some animal was involved as there are a lot of critters out there and he was probably dodging one.

I hope he recovers and does not have the kind of break that ended Leroy Butler's career.

I posted all this stuff so you may understand the accident better. Some of you have some misconceptions.

Fritz
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Nothing much good happens when people are out and about at 1:45 a.m. and driving around.

pbmax
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Nothing much good happens when people are out and about at 1:45 a.m. and driving around.
That was my father's line of thinking when it came refusing permission for his kids to stay out late.

It took a long time before I was finally able to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
DUI arraignments in Nevada County are done on Fridays in a special court session just for them. For a rural County they have over 600 DUI's a year.

Check each Friday to see if there is an update.

Deputy District Attorney Gregory Weston handles DUI cases involving defendants whose last name begins with A-L according to the Nevad County District Attorney's website. He can be contacted at

gregory.weston@co.nevada.ca.us

hoosier
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM

I think it would be better if we had all the drunk people driving around Segways.

There are several amusing Youtube videos depicting drunken Segway mishaps. The best, or the most painful, depending on your perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtmvVMU5IY

bobblehead
03-16-2010, 09:34 PM

There are several amusing Youtube videos depicting drunken Segway mishaps. The best, or the most painful, depending on your perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WtmvVMU5IY

I admit to being amused by this....not quite as amused as when Bush ended up in the bush though.

CaliforniaCheez
03-16-2010, 11:30 PM
All morons that can't decide when to call a cab should be encouraged to ride a motorcycle if they insist on driving drunk.

Listen! There are no cabs where Havner was!! It is a rural county in the foothills of California Gold with no legal agriculture. The trees were cut long ago. There are pits there where nothing has grown since the hydraulic mining was done. There are abandoned ghost towns out there. Cab drivers would go broke!!

There are many places like that in Wisconsin and across the country where there is no cab service.

There were there are no street lights on that winding road through the hills and he suddenly came to a T intersection and he did not make the turn in time. It had been raining all day Friday and the roads were slick.

Driving the back roads under the stars is not the same as a DUI in big city traffic.

Let's get some facts straight before you start demanding the impossible of the guy.

swede
03-17-2010, 07:53 AM
All morons that can't decide when to call a cab should be encouraged to ride a motorcycle if they insist on driving drunk.

Listen! There are no cabs where Havner was!! It is a rural county in the foothills of California Gold with no legal agriculture. The trees were cut long ago. There are pits there where nothing has grown since the hydraulic mining was done. There are abandoned ghost towns out there. Cab drivers would go broke!!

There are many places like that in Wisconsin and across the country where there is no cab service.

There were there are no street lights on that winding road through the hills and he suddenly came to a T intersection and he did not make the turn in time. It had been raining all day Friday and the roads were slick.

Driving the back roads under the stars is not the same as a DUI in big city traffic.

Let's get some facts straight before you start demanding the impossible of the guy.

AND he was too drunk to walk.

falco
03-20-2010, 09:01 PM

I haven't posted here in several months but I had to come out of "retirement" to nominate this as stupidest post of the year.

Drunk driving is drunk driving, regardless of where you are doing it. Plenty of people are killed by drunk drivers on "back roads." And as far as demanding the impossible of the guy, he could have certainly chosen to not drink in excess when he had no alternate forms of transportation.

Classless post, IMO.

hoosier
03-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Not to mention that he was reportedly doing donuts on his cycle before he dumped it. Hardly sounds like he was just trying to get home the only way he could.