PDA

View Full Version : Vasher a free agent.

CaliforniaCheez
03-17-2010, 03:02 PM
He might be signed for back up money and with a good training program perhaps avoid the injury bug.

He would be an upgrade over a lot of the Packer depth players like Jarrett Bush.

RashanGary
03-17-2010, 03:54 PM
solid player when healthy. I'd take him.

jmbarnes101
03-17-2010, 04:11 PM
He might be signed for back up money and with a good training program perhaps avoid the injury bug.

He would be an upgrade over a lot of the Packer depth players like Jarrett Bush.

Or anyone on the depth chart past Tramon Williams. I'm not going to hold my breath hoping we get him though.

Brandon494
03-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Not sure, he has done nothing since 2005 BUT he is only 28. I guess its worth the risk if he isnt asking for too much.

red
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
he has barely played in the last 3 years

and if he had anything left why would the bears cut him? its not they they have much at CB either

CaliforniaCheez
03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
The Doctors would have to thoroughly check him out.

He has made some big plays against the Packers. Charles Woodson was injured his last 2 seasons before he signed with the Packers.

I'm thinking he could provide some transition from Harris and Woodson to the two players that replace them.

In an uncapped year it could be a good move. He will be motivated for every Bear game.

I think it is an interesting possibility as #4 or 5 CB and dime back. He provide some injury insurance.

It is an intriguing possibility. Perhaps it is because I am not that impressed with the CB's in this draft.

Spaulding
03-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Fresh start (provided he clears medical) might be just what the doctor ordered. That combined with incentive to play the Bears twice could make him a viable option for dime over Bush.

Then again, with Lee competing for time and a healthy Blackmon (I use the word healthy with some hint of sarcasm) he might not be worth the risk.

After all, the Bears cut him for reason due to him evidently losing some speed and being a sucker for play action. It was discussed that he might speed some time at free safety this year which we wouldn't really need.

I say thumbs down.

Joemailman
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Fresh start (provided he clears medical) might be just what the doctor ordered. That combined with incentive to play the Bears twice could make him a viable option for dime over Bush.

Then again, with Lee competing for time and a healthy Blackmon (I use the word healthy with some hint of sarcasm) he might not be worth the risk.

After all, the Bears cut him for reason due to him evidently losing some speed and being a sucker for play action. It was discussed that he might speed some time at free safety this year which we wouldn't really need.

I say thumbs down.

The main reason the Bears cut him was probably that he was due to make 3 million this year. They weren't going to pay that. If Vasher is willing to take a sub-package role, he might not be a bad signing. He's still young enough to resurrect his career.