PDA

View Full Version : Levens

HarveyWallbangers
07-31-2006, 10:09 PM
Familiar face
Former Packers running back Dorsey Levens will begin his training camp internship in the pro personnel department on Tuesday.

Levens, a 1994 fifth-round draft choice who played eight years in Green Bay and ranks fifth on the team's all-time rushing list, will work for director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie through the second preseason game on Aug. 19. Levens will be attending practice and studying Packers personnel, watching tape and writing reports on pro and college players, and assisting with tryouts.

McKenzie said Levens has expressed an interest in starting a career in pro personnel, and this will be his first hands-on experience.

Levens finished his playing career with the Giants and Eagles and retired as a Packer this past year.

woodbuck27
07-31-2006, 10:15 PM
Wasn't he something in his prime.

Unstoppable - it seemed to me in some games.

red
07-31-2006, 10:16 PM
it'll be good to see dorsey bad with the team in some role

i wonder how long it will be until freeman joins the staff? it seems like a lot of the guys from that era are getting involved again with the team

Iron Mike
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM

i wonder how long it will be until freeman joins the staff? it seems like a lot of the guys from that era are getting involved again with the team

What's Freeman gonna do?? Chauffeur people around??? :twisted:

MJZiggy
07-31-2006, 10:59 PM

What's Freeman gonna do?? Chauffeur people around??? :twisted:

Direct traffic out on Lombardi Street after practice.

SudsMcBucky
08-01-2006, 09:59 AM
I, for one, and very glad to hear Dorsey is involved with the team again, no matter what form. He is a stand-up guy, first and foremost, along with being a great player while with the Pack.

Welcome back, Dorsey!

BF4MVP
08-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Good to see Dorsey back in the organization, even if it's only for a few weeks.

I remember when we played the panthers in '96. He couldn't be stopped that game.

Badgepack
08-01-2006, 11:40 AM
What is LeRoy Bulter doing, wasn't he semi-involved with the staff?

MJZiggy
08-01-2006, 11:42 AM
LeRoy is trying to get into media. He wrote Letters to LeRoy for packers.com for a couple of seasons and is working to get on-air work.