PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft V2010.3

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 08:35 AM
D1 - Ryan Matthews - RB - Fresno State – I want an OT here, but I don't think a great one will be there. I'll settle for a guy I think is the most underrated player in this draft. Matthews reminds me of Adrian Peterson, from the size/speed/burst combo to the college game tape, everything about this guy reminds me of AP. Go watch AP in college, then this guy. Same guy who runs through tackles, makes nasty cuts to and through the hole and never, EVER gets caught from behind. Even outruns Kyle Wilson of Boise State a couple times. Impressive. AP had a couple injuries. This guy had a couple injuries. The biggest difference is AP played for a national contender and this guy played for a forgotten Fresno State team. AP dropped to 7. This guy could drop to 23 in a loaded draft.

D2 – Rodger Saffold – OT – UI – 3.5 year starter at LT, Saffold held up great against big 10 competition. He was said to be the best player at the EW Shrine Game, then had a great combine. Good experience, great athleticism, hard worker. Seems like a great pick.

D3 – Jason Worilds - OLB - VT - 32 QB pressures last year, Worlids was in the backfield as much as any prospect in this draft. His 10 yd split and 3-cone are elite this year. I think Brad Jones has really good overall starting OLB potential but Worlids is a filthy pass rusher. He's bring his VT special teams toughness, he could see action in pass rushing situations and learn the ropes behind Jones.

D4 – Walter Thurmond– CB – Oregon – Oregon has been producing some pretty good secondary players. Thurmond was on his way to being the next upper round prospect before his knee injury. Could return punts and play corner.

D5 - Alterraun Verner - CB - UCLA - An instinctive, natural zone player and reliable tackler, Verner projects well into our zone defense.

D5 – Shawn Lauvao - OG - Arizona State - Said to be a "rock" on the line because he never misses his block, Lauvao has had problems staying healthy. He's a rare big, agile guy. He'd fit very well in our scheme. Similar skills and praise as Sitton. Sitton was a big guy who could move. He always blocked his guy but slipped with small school concerns. Same write up on Lauvao, except he's had a couple injuries that cause him to tumble. One more year of Colledge until this guy gets his NFL legs under him and we never look back. Lang stays at RT and everyone is happy in Packerland. Even RG.

D6 – Kurt Coleman – SS – OSU – Size drops Coleman late in the draft. He has everything else. Just football, he's one of the best secondary players in the draft, but being under 195, there just aren't many NFL safeties his size.

D7 - Brent Bowden - P - VT - A well rounded punter, Bowden has a big leg, good touch, a quick get off, has developed consistency as a senior and is a good holder.

Joemailman
03-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Sporting News Mock Draft agrees with you on Matthews and Saffold being the Packers first 2 picks. They disagree big time on the 3rd round pick as they have the Packers taking Zoltan Mesko! They have Worilds going earlier in the 3rd round.

Brandon494
03-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Dude great draft. I don't know if Worilds is going to fall to our 3rd round pick but I would love if he was drafted by the Packers. Also think you get excellent great value in the late rounds. I also agree Ryan Matthews is a stud but for some reason I just don't see TT taking a RB with the 1st pick but I hope I'm wrong. I still see Matthews going to the Chargers a few picks after us.

I'll be making a my mock draft about a week before the draft when more is known about the prospects. It seems each week players value have been moving all over the place, its too hard to predict a mock draft a month away. If our draft were to go like this though I think we would be the best team in the NFC.

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Adrian Peterson
Ryan Matthews

Two of the best college RB's you'll ever see breaking tackles and running for daylight:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5RgOy5fjA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlZOFsVkjAo

6'1"
6'0"

217 lbs
218 lbs

1.53 10 yd
1.49 10 yd

2.58 20 yd
2.50 20 yd

4.40 40 yd
4.37 40 yd

38.5 vert
36 vert

10' 7" Broad
10' 1" Broad

7.09 3-cone
7.00 3-cone

4.40 short shuttle
4.33 short shuttle

packerbacker1234
03-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Ryan Matthews could be the steal the draft, but we'll see.

Fred's Slacks
03-20-2010, 10:09 AM
I would be thrilled with this draft, especially the first 3 picks. That would almost be a dream scenario.

b bulldog
03-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Saffold will probably be gone by our 2nd, but that draft would make me very happy.

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Alterraun Verner ran a 4.52 which is just so/so. But. . .

The write up on him is better than maybe any CB in this draft. The guy is just a consistent, dominant playmaker. All he's done is break up passes, get picks and not get beat his entire college career.

While his 40 wasn't great, his 3 cone was. Guy is quick and when it comes to playing corner, he's dominant. I think he's going to be a steal.

mission
03-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Alterraun Verner ran a 4.52 which is just so/so. But. . .

The write up on him is better than maybe any CB in this draft. The guy is just a consistent, dominant playmaker. All he's done is break up passes, get picks and not get beat his entire college career.

While his 40 wasn't great, his 3 cone was. Guy is quick and when it comes to playing corner, he's dominant. I think he's going to be a steal.

He looked real fluid at the combine.. really stood out.

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 10:22 PM
When I put Verner in this draft, I didn't look at the 3-cone. I knew he had a so/so 40 yard dash, but the write up was so sparkling, I didn't care. If he was that great, I figured he'd have a chance.

Now looking at the 3-cone, he was near the top of that drill. Guy is an athlete. I've read a couple interviews, said his biggest advantage is how be breaks down tape and knows what offenses are trying to do. I like that in a zone corner. I think he'd be a great fit here. He'd bring some of that savvy like Woodson. When we got beat on defense, it seemed our guys were struggling with awareness. This guy in nickle would fix some of that.

DannoMac21
03-21-2010, 03:23 AM
Matthews would be fantastic.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
I will cry if we decide to draft a RB with our first pick this year.

Grant still has 3 good years left at least, and while everyone is down on him for some reason the fact is he gets the job done @ 4.4 ypc. I don't care that he isn't popping off 60 yard TD carries - that's not as important as not ever being tackled for loss and never fumbling the ball. It's not as important as moving the chains and tiring out the defense. It's not as important as keeping the clock moving in time consuming drives, winning the time of possession battle. That's ALL more important than the exciting home run hitter at RB.

It'll be another year or two before we have to start looking for a new eventual starting RB. Using a first or even a high second on a RB in this years draft is a wasted pick IMO.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:10 PM

Grant still has 3 good years left at least, and while everyone is down on him for some reason the fact is he gets the job done @ 4.4 ypc. I don't care that he isn't popping off 60 yard TD carries - that's not as important as not ever being tackled for loss and never fumbling the ball. It's not as important as moving the chains and tiring out the defense. It's not as important as keeping the clock moving in time consuming drives, winning the time of possession battle. That's ALL more important than the exciting home run hitter at RB.

It'll be another year or two before we have to start looking for a new eventual starting RB. Using a first or even a high second on a RB in this years draft is a wasted pick IMO.

If its not Spiller or Matthews then I believe we would be wasting our 1st round pick if we drafted a RB. But your wrong about not needing a RB for a year or two, in this league you need two runnings backs. Vikings drafted AP after having Taylor, Cowboys drafted Jones after having Barber, Panthers drafted Steward after having Williams, and so on.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 12:30 PM
SAFFOLD in round two would be AWESOME

rbaloha1
03-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Matthews would be fantastic.

Matthews has deceptive speed. Watch the Boise State game in which RM had several 60+ yard runs.

Reminds of LT when he played at TCU. Great pick if available.

bigcoz75
03-21-2010, 01:08 PM

I would like to see someone like Ben Tate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBkonPBFGY or Hardesty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJiHPqy8xE a few rounds later both of which I think will be productive NFL backs.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:23 PM

If its not Spiller or Matthews then I believe we would be wasting our 1st round pick if we drafted a RB. But your wrong about not needing a RB for a year or two, in this league you need two runnings backs. Vikings drafted AP after having Taylor, Cowboys drafted Jones after having Barber, Panthers drafted Steward after having Williams, and so on.

Do we need to use a high round pick on a guy who is likely to play second fiddle to Grant for a number of years? I'd rather wait until day 2, especially having BJax still on the roster.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM

Do we need to use a high round pick on a guy who is likely to play second fiddle to Grant for a number of years? I'd rather wait until day 2, especially having BJax still on the roster.

Doesn't Grant have a big bonus worked into his contract next year ? I may be wrong but I thought the radio noted that. If he does drafting a RB high might be a TT type pick. I've always thought part of that Harrell pick was TT really feeling C Williams would not be a Packer the following year.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:28 PM

I would like to see someone like Ben Tate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfBkonPBFGY or Hardesty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJiHPqy8xE a few rounds later both of which I think will be productive NFL backs.

I'd be happy with either of those guys. I just don't want a first round pick being spent on a player and position that could just as easily be filled in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Doesn't Grant have a big bonus worked into his contract next year ? I may be wrong but I thought the radio noted that. If he does drafting a RB high might be a TT type pick. I've always thought part of that Harrell pick was TT really feeling C Williams would not be a Packer the following year.

Could be, but I don't see TT or MM trying to get rid of Grant any time soon. He's far more valuable than most here give him credit for, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. He's become an old school, smash mouth, grind it out type back that won't get you big chunks of yards but will consistently leave you with 3rd and manageable. Even if he goes down on first contact he falls forward for 3 or 4 yards. I've almost never seen him tackled for a loss in 2 and a half years as our starter. I can count the number of times I've seen him fumble on one hand, and half of those came in a single game - a playoff game played in a snowstorm where he finished with 204 yards rushing to offset his 2 early fumbles.

Look, I understand from a fans perspective it's exciting to have an electric type playmaker at RB. I do. 80 yard TD rushes are fun to watch. 4 yard carries are boring. I get that. But 4 yards per carry equals first downs, long drives, and tired defenses. I'm good with that. I'm sure they at 1265 are too, which is why I don't see them making any changes any time soon.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 01:43 PM

Could be, but I don't see TT or MM trying to get rid of Grant any time soon. He's far more valuable than most here give him credit for, for the reasons I mentioned earlier. He's become an old school, smash mouth, grind it out type back that won't get you big chunks of yards but will consistently leave you with 3rd and manageable. Even if he goes down on first contact he falls forward for 3 or 4 yards. I've almost never seen him tackled for a loss in 2 and a half years as our starter. I can count the number of times I've seen him fumble on one hand, and half of those came in a single game - a playoff game played in a snowstorm where he finished with 204 yards rushing to offset his 2 early fumbles.

Look, I understand from a fans perspective it's exciting to have an electric type playmaker at RB. I do. 80 yard TD rushes are fun to watch. 4 yard carries are boring. I get that. But 4 yards per carry equals first downs, long drives, and tired defenses. I'm good with that. I'm sure they at 1265 are too, which is why I don't see them making any changes any time soon.

Honestly I think they are too

However, if they draft Matthews, they are not picking him to be Grant's sidekick.

They are saying this guy is going to be a rising star and better than Ryan Grant.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM

Yea because Brandon Jackson is such a stud. :roll:

CJ Spillier is a game changer who would be a perfect back to complement Grant and also a factor as a receiver and on special teams. You see how much Harvin helped the Vikings this season, CJ is the same type of player.

Also far as Matthews honeslty I think he is a better RB than Ryan Grant right now so I doubt he would be playing second fiddle to Grant for a "number of years".

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Also far as Matthews honeslty I think he is a better RB than Ryan Grant right now so I doubt he would be playing second fiddle to Grant for a "number of years".

Of course you do. You and your ilk think Grant is garbage. I understand that.

What would you do if they did draft Matthews or Spiller and there was little to no change in our run game? What would you say if you found out only after the fact that Grant wasn't the problem in the first place?

I like Grant. I think he's a top back in the NFL. I think his stats for 2 straight years that put him in the top 10 prove that. I don't think there's a rookie that's going to step in and do what he does behind the sieve that is our extremely offensive line. Grant isn't the best back in the NFL but he's a helluva lot better than you give him credit for.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM

Tell that to the Titans, I think they will beg to differ. They had the grind it out type back in Lendale White, and then drafted Chris Johnson, and after year one do you EVER see L. White any more? Nope CJ is even getting the goal line carries. Also I agree that time of possession is great and all but you don't need it to win. (if we can keep our secondary healthy) You did watch the Colts @ Dolphins game this year didn't you?

mission

What would you do if they did draft Matthews or Spiller and there was little to no change in our run game? What would you say if you found out only after the fact that Grant wasn't the problem in the first place?

I like Grant. I think he's a top back in the NFL. I think his stats for 2 straight years that put him in the top 10 prove that. I don't think there's a rookie that's going to step in and do what he does behind the sieve that is our extremely offensive line. Grant isn't the best back in the NFL but he's a helluva lot better than you give him credit for.

So you think he has another 3-4 years of 1200/4.4 in him?

Mazzin

Too old :wink:

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
I like Grant too. I have a friend that keeps saying, Grant is the only regular 1,000 yard rusher I've ever seen that isn't good at anything.

I'm with Gunakor, He really doesn't have a particular skill that stands out per se, but he's got toughness. Ryan Grant is a tough dude. You can count on him to come out ever game and grind out the tough yards.

However, I'm on record saying Ryan Matthews is the next Adrian Peterson and I know that's lofty praise, but when I watched him run, he's just amazing. The things he does, breaking tackles, the speed, the vision. All of that works in the NFL. He's going to be a star and while Grant is solid, Matthews is a difference maker. I'll take one of each and Grants salary goes down if Matthews takes his carries so it's as double bonus.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM

He could have another three of 1200 in him with an improving OL

I think Grant is a decent RB; probably in the ten to twelve range. We can win a Super Bowl with him. If TT thinks there is a franchise back out there he might take him though.

1200 really isn't that impressive anymore with a seventeen game schedule.

Not sure what the number is.......but with seventeen games I'd think you'd want 1400-1500 of of an elite back

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. I never said Grant is garbage. You find one statement of me talking crap about Grant and I will never post on this board again. All I'm saying is you need more than 1 RB in todays game, why is that so hard for you to understand? Grant is a good back but what if he goes down with injury? Then who are you left with? Brandon Jackson? Give me break. Look around the league at all the teams that have 2 RB tandems. Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Chargers, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Bengals, Cardinals.... and those are just the playoff teams.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 03:14 PM

Tell that to the Titans, I think they will beg to differ. They had the grind it out type back in Lendale White, and then drafted Chris Johnson, and after year one do you EVER see L. White any more? Nope CJ is even getting the goal line carries. Also I agree that time of possession is great and all but you don't need it to win. (if we can keep our secondary healthy) You did watch the Colts @ Dolphins game this year didn't you?

Exactly, same can be said about the Vikings when they selected AP after Chester Taylor had just rushed for 1,200 yards or when the Cowboys selected Felix Jones after they already had Barber. Having that change of pace running back to your offense is something we don't have and if the right running back falls to us (Spillier or Matthews) I would hope TT would atleast think about drafting one of them. No one is trying to knock Grant.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM

He didn't have a single carry in the NFL until he was 26 years old. He's got plenty of tread left on those tires. Yeah, I think he has at least 3 left in him.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:22 PM

I hear that argument alot too. If it's so average, why is it that only 8 other backs in the NFL could manage to top the 1250 Grant had?

For crying out loud, people try to make it seem like 1600 yard seasons happen all the time. 1200 yards is indeed impressive. Especially when you put it into context - 1200 yards in consecutive seasons, on a pass happy offense that has racked up 4000+ yards passing in each of those consecutive seasons, behind an offensive line that can't run block worth shit. Grant's the man. There ain't 10 backs in the NFL better than him.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Dude you don't even know what you are talking about. I never said Grant is garbage. You find one statement of me talking crap about Grant and I will never post on this board again. All I'm saying is you need more than 1 RB in todays game, why is that so hard for you to understand? Grant is a good back but what if he goes down with injury? Then who are you left with? Brandon Jackson? Give me break. Look around the league at all the teams that have 2 RB tandems. Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Chargers, Jets, Ravens, Colts, Bengals, Cardinals.... and those are just the playoff teams.

You said a goddamn rookie was going to step in and be better than Grant. A ROOKIE. That's talking crap about Grant. No rookie is going to step in and do what Grant does on THIS team. No chance. Why? Because OUR team does not put it's RB's in any kind of a position to be successful, and Grant is successful in spite of it. No rookie is going to do that.

It's obvious to me that what you really want is a replacement for Grant. You aren't the only one who feels that way. And as I said earlier, I can understand why. He's not fun to watch. Big deal IMO.

You said B-Jax is no stud. Fine, I can agree there. Grant is. We don't need 2 stud RB's to make this offense go. We aren't the Cowboys or the Jaguars or the Vikings. We have a top tier passing attack and a coach who calls passing plays 75% of the time. We don't need to split carries, all we need is someone to come in on 3rd down and pick up a blitz or make a play with the ball in the open field. That's not worth a day 1 pick, even if it's Spiller or Matthews. I'm fine with Jackson as my #2 back. Now, give me some linemen that will open up some holes for the two of them to run through. The problem isn't the backs. The problem starts and ends in the trenches.

There is absolutely no need to spend a day 1 pick on a RB. If a RB is BPA when the Packers are on the clock, trade down and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th round pick - and use that on a RB instead.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
[quote=Bretsky]

I hear that argument alot too. If it's so average, why is it that only 8 other backs in the NFL could manage to top the 1250 Grant had?

For crying out loud, people try to make it seem like 1600 yard seasons happen all the time. 1200 yards is indeed impressive. Especially when you put it into context - 1200 yards in consecutive seasons, on a pass happy offense that has racked up 4000+ yards passing in each of those consecutive seasons, behind an offensive line that can't run block worth shit. Grant's the man. ]There ain't 10 backs in the NFL better than him. ]quote]

One could argue that being on a pass first offense where oppositing coordinator's were more worried about the passing game helped Grant some. Taking a browse at the RB's, guys I'd probably take over Grant are

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Chris Johnson
3. Thomas Jones
4. Ray Rice
5. Chris Johnson
6. Maurice Jones Drew
7. Michael Turner
8. Stephen Jackson
9. Frank Gore
10 Deangelo Williams

I supppose one could argue Thomas Jones should not be up there or Brown has been injured lately. Some like Gore more than others as well.

If they are healthy one might argue Ahmad Bradshaw and LaDanion Tomlinson are up there.

For the record, I'm not sure where I rank Beanie Wells, Pierre Thomas, and Felix Jones.,

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM

The Titans hit a homerun when they drafted Chris Johnson.

Where were they this January? I'm not interested in 2000 yard seasons. I'm interested in wins. The playoffs. The SUPER BOWL. That requires more than a 2000 yard RB. And the needs we have beyond RB are much more pressing than a guy to replace our 1200 yard 14 TD Ryan Grant. Perhaps if the Titans took this mindset into their offseasons they wouldn't have Chris Johnson but they'd have been stronger elsewhere, and a playoff team with grind it out Lendale White as their starting RB. That's where I'm coming from.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Gunakor calm down, I really don't think Brandon was tryin to get ya goin.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 03:42 PM

Where were they this January? I'm not interested in 2000 yard seasons. I'm interested in wins. The playoffs. The SUPER BOWL. That requires more than a 2000 yard RB. And the needs we have beyond RB are much more pressing than a guy to replace our 1200 yard 14 TD Ryan Grant. Perhaps if the Titans took this mindset into their offseasons they wouldn't have Chris Johnson but they'd have been stronger elsewhere, and a playoff team with grind it out Lendale White as their starting RB. That's where I'm coming from.

They got on a hot streak, the reason they didn't make it is: A. They play in the colts division
B. C. finnigan (sp) got hurt, AND they lost A. Haynesworth....it was their defense
C. They had Kerry Collins start the season and V. Young came in..they did better, ended hott.

Gun, you can at least admit that having a running back that is a THREAT to catch one outta the backfield and take it all the way wouldn't be nice.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:48 PM

They got on a hot streak, the reason they didn't make it is: A. They play in the colts division
B. C. finnigan (sp) got hurt, AND they lost A. Haynesworth....it was their defense
C. They had Kerry Collins start the season and V. Young came in..they did better, ended hott.

Gun, you can at least admit that having a running back that is a THREAT to catch one outta the backfield and take it all the way wouldn't be nice.

Grant is that threat. Remember 2007? The games against the Bears? The 80 yarder that came up 5 yards short in week 1 of the 2008 season? I think opposing DC's do.

I'm sorry for getting so riled up. I'm happy as hell with Grant as our workhorse. I don't wanna see him replaced. I don't wanna see him split carries. I want him to get 25+ carries a game, because when Grant gets that many carries the Packers win the game. Big time NO to a first or second round RB. Get me linemen that will keep Rodgers' jersey clean and will get Grant to the second level.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 03:49 PM
We can win a Super Bowl with Ryan Grant as our Workhorse

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I think I've figured you out Gunny, you own Ryan Grant in your keeper fantasy league...what is there 6 keepers per team? :wink:

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 03:55 PM
I think I've figured you out Gunny, you own Ryan Grant in your keeper fantasy league...what is there 6 keepers per team? :wink:

I have no keeper league team. I just appreciate consistency. Grant has never been that great as a fantasy back anyway. But I root for the Packers, not stats to boost a fantasy team. And IMO Ryan Grant is what's best for the Packers. I honestly don't see why so many people want him replaced or his role to be changed. He's a high quality back IMO.

red
03-21-2010, 03:59 PM
it wouldn't be about replacing grant, ldrafting a good RB would be giving grant help and prolonging both rb's career,

its a tactic that a lot of teams are starting to use and players are even starting to like it more

weather you're talking spiller or mathews, best, or McCluster. your're looking at a 1A and 1B type of running back by committee. also if they're is an injury it doesn't send you right up shit creek

with this we might be able to prolong Grant's career for a few more years. or we could just ride him as the workhorse and toss him out in 2 or 3 years when he's got nothing left.

both ways i think could get us to where we want to be. it might just be a little easier with a tandem

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 04:00 PM

I have no keeper league team. I just appreciate consistency. Grant has never been that great as a fantasy back anyway. But I root for the Packers, not stats to boost a fantasy team. And IMO Ryan Grant is what's best for the Packers. I honestly don't see why so many people want him replaced or his role to be changed. He's a high quality back IMO.

he's like the cute reliable, honest, trustworthy chick. But many want to take a shot with the model. So they want to dump her and go with the beauty.

But when the beauty drops you or turns out to be a little whacked out, often you end up with an ugly...........when you just could've stayed with the cute chick and been happy

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 04:07 PM
or we could just ride him as the workhorse and toss him out in 2 or 3 years when he's got nothing left.

This is the way I'd play it. Draft his replacement in a year or two when he starts to slow down. Until then, give him his 25 carries a game because when he gets 25 carries a game the Packers win. He's a workhorse, and the thing about workhorses is they need their carries to be effective. Grant gets stronger as the game goes on. He gets stronger as the season goes on. The more times they give him the rock the better he is with it. I see no reason to decrease his touches.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 05:01 PM

haha I really wasn't, dude just made like 20 posts in 5 minutes.

Can someone give this guy a beer, a shot, a smoke, or something to chill him out. Maybe a Ryan Grant starter jersey? :lol:

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 05:28 PM

haha I really wasn't, dude just made like 20 posts in 5 minutes.

Can someone give this guy a beer, a shot, a smoke, or something to chill him out. Maybe a Ryan Grant starter jersey? :lol:

Got my son a Ryan Grant Starter Jersey on clearance the other day for $9; it was his first liscensed Packer Jersey.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 05:50 PM
You said a goddamn rookie was going to step in and be better than Grant. A ROOKIE. That's talking crap about Grant. No rookie is going to step in and do what Grant does on THIS team. No chance. Why? Because OUR team does not put it's RB's in any kind of a position to be successful, and Grant is successful in spite of it. No rookie is going to do that.

Haha your acting like I just said a rookie QB was going to take Aaron Rodgers job. You might find this hard to believe but rookie running backs actually do pretty well in the NFL.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM

Haha your acting like I just said a rookie QB was going to take Aaron Rodgers job. You might find this hard to believe but rookie running backs actually do pretty well in the NFL.

No doubt. Think Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, J Stewart....These guys are trained to be beast since they were little...whats wrong with a little insurance policy? PLUS someone that is a threat to run the GOOD OL SCREEN we used to dominate at.

Oh BTW a smoke is right, get that man some of that Maui Waui. :wink:

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 06:47 PM
No doubt. Think Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson, Steve Slaton, J Stewart....These guys are trained to be beast since they were little...whats wrong with a little insurance policy? PLUS someone that is a threat to run the GOOD OL SCREEN we used to dominate at.

I like your style :smk:

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQU26pz-5iU

Love that cudi.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Cudi's flow and delivery is so original, hes the most played artist on my IPod right now.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 09:09 PM

Fine, for arguments sake I'll agree with both of you guys on this one. We need an insurance policy at RB because Brandon Jackson can't do anything other than pick up a blitz and catch a pass in the open field. Now answer me this: Why on earth do we have to use a first round draft pick on one? Is it THAT important, given all of the other needs on the team? I mean, if you can catch a pass in the open field and pick up a blitz you're my ideal 3rd down back anyway.

Truth is guys that I'd never ever use a first round pick on a RB regardless who my incumbent starter was. DeShawn Wynn could be my starter and I still wouldn't be looking for RB's until day 2. It's just not that hard to find quality RB's even in the later rounds. I know we need a 3rd RB, but I'd be just fine with him being drafted in the 3rd or 4th round.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I've never said we "had" to draft a RB in the first, I just said if Spillier or Matthews is available with the 23rd pick then TT would have to atleast consider it. Just believe we should go with BPA with our 1st rounder. Of course I would prefer we trade down if the right prospect is not available, which is highly likely with TT.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Embrace the Maritan.....lol

Its about QUALITY sir.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Not trying to make this into a music forum but this is a sick mix of Lupe, Kayne, and Cudi by DJ Cones.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Beatconector#p/u/17/j1SwSLu2Bjk