PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mock Draft Poll: Vote for who the Packers should draft!

packrulz
03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Out of the players who are left, who should the Packers take in the first round?

swede
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I thought hard about Mays, but I think a really good corner with return abilities is a big need for the Packers. Look for OL help later.

packrulz
03-20-2010, 08:30 PM
I expect a run deep into the playoffs, maybe even the Super Bowl, and last years offensive line woes showed us all that we need to protect ARod or the Packers aren't going anywhere. TT recently drafted Pat Lee and Underwood, and Tramon Williams showed he can start, I think they can draft a CB later. Left tackles are as rare as diamonds, and to me Davis fell into our lap, and is the best player available. The reason he didn't work out at the pro day, (he showed up), is that he was sick and even puked while he was there. I think he'll be a stud LT protecting ARod's blindside for years to come.

Lurker64
03-20-2010, 08:31 PM
If we draft him, will he repaint his RV in green and gold?

http://media.idahostatesman.com/smedia/2009/09/03/08/0903-online-wilsonbus1.standalone.prod_affiliate.36.jpg

Brandon494
03-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I expect a run deep into the playoffs, maybe even the Super Bowl, and last years offensive line woes showed us all that we need to protect ARod or the Packers aren't going anywhere. TT recently drafted Pat Lee and Underwood, and Tramon Williams showed he can start, I think they can draft a CB later. Left tackles are as rare as diamonds, and to me Davis fell into our lap, and is the best player available. The reason he didn't work out at the pro day, (he showed up), is that he was sick and even puked while he was there. I think he'll be a stud LT protecting ARod's blindside for years to come.

Its no doubt Davis has the talent but the question is if his heart in the game and you don't have that question with Wilson. I want football players, not another Andre Smith.

red
03-20-2010, 08:49 PM
in this scenario, i went

best
hughes
brown
pouncey
wilson
kindle

mission
03-20-2010, 08:59 PM
I chose Best despite my recent change of heart about taylor mays :D

Brandon494
03-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Best is not the best pick at #23 :lol:

RB is the easiest position to draft, don't need to be wasting a 1st rounder on a RB who can't break tackles, pass block, and has whos injury prone. Don't fall in love with the 40 time.

mission
03-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Best is not the best pick at #23 :lol:

RB is the easiest position to draft, don't need to be wasting a 1st rounder on a RB who can't break tackles, pass block, and has whos injury prone. Don't fall in love with the 40 time.

I didn't say he was the Best... just a guy I think would really shine with the Packers.

I fell in love with his youtube highlights long before I knew his 40 time... not that either one is any good :lol:

RashanGary
03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I voted Wilson. Hughes would have been my other choice, but is a bit of a project at OLB.

Davis is a slug. We like hard workers here. Charles Brown, I just don't want anymore barely 300 lineman.

I don't like Kindle, Best or Mays. Actually, I can't stand Best or Mays. Best, like Brandon said, doesn't run through contact.

I like Pouncey a lot. Good athlete. As reliable as they come. I just think you can do a little better with the 23rd pick this year. Wilson is it, the way this thing fell.

I like Wilson. He's tough. The write up is that he's a consistent cover guy. Watching the highlights, a couple things stood out to me. 1. He seems pretty aware out there. On one blitz, he did a great job disguising. Like Woodson when he blitzes, Wilson didn't give it away at all. It's just a small thing, but some guys just have the awareness to do the little things. I got that impression from Wilson. He was a punt gunner on one, and the ball came up on him pretty quick. Again, a really little thing, but he quickly got both feet out of the endzone, in play, and touched the ball down. It's little, but as I watch football, it seems the great ones do these little, awareness things that just subtly change the game. I saw a little of that awareness in Wilson. I don't think the game is too fast for him. He seems to get it and be a step ahead. As far as coverage, just looking at the highlights, I like that he's not afraid to go attack the ball. He's confident enough to defend the ball rather than letting the guy catch it and then tackle. He defends the pass, or gets the pick. Seems like the bad corners I've seen are tentative. They wait back and let receiver catch it, then tackle. Sure, they don't give up the big play, but they never, ever make a play. They give up pass after pass after pass. Wilson isn't that guy. He's confident, prepared and attacks routes without giving up many big plays doing it. Great athlete too.

Bossman641
03-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I really hope the draft doesn't go this way. All the guys I really wanted are off the board. Wilson is the pick if things fall this way.

Lurker64
03-20-2010, 10:11 PM
I really hope the draft doesn't go this way. All the guys I really wanted are off the board. Wilson is the pick if things fall this way.

Don't be surprised if the actual draft isn't too far from the way we picked. A lot of the guys you really like, are probably really liked by other teams as well.

Personally, I wouldn't be unhappy with Davis, Hughes, Wilson, or Brown. Anybody else on this list though, no please no absolutely not.

Joemailman
03-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Wilson. Aside from whatever immediate help he will give the Pack, I think he's the best bet to be a standout 2-3 years down the road. There will be good talent available at Safety and OT in rounds 2-3.

Bretsky
03-20-2010, 10:54 PM
If the draft fell this way and I was TT I'd be looking for anybody who was willing to trade up six to ten picks and grab an extra third.

All similar calibur guys

I'd be fine with Wilson, Best, Hughes, and Kindle here with my vote going to Wilson

Lurker64
03-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Two points of order:

1) How long are we going to let this run? Should we close it some time on Monday so the "only log into Packerrats at work" folks can get their input?

2) Are we doing a runoff? I voted for Hughes, but it's looking like a two horse race between Davis and Wilson. If it ends up being between two (or three) guys with a high number of votes, we should probably let the people who voted for the guys who only got a handful of votes have some input there too.

pbmax
03-21-2010, 12:14 AM
I voted Pouncey as I am more convinced he can start and be effective than either OLB draftee over Brad Jones. We need pass rush more than DBs, but I am unconvinced either the remaining LBs will provide it. Pouncey likely will solve Left Guard and allow Lang to be groomed to be Right Tackle. Left Tackle will have to be duct tape and Clifton with possible help later this draft.

That being said, I doubt T2 drafts a guard/center this high.

My suspicion if the draft should fall this way is that T2 would take the tackle or the DBs, or if they are not high on his board, trade down. I don't really want any part of the Rutgers tackle if reports about his off field work are true.

As for the way this draft has fallen, remember, everyone on this site has been given glowing reports from other posters about the people the Packers might draft. So the board favorites (many of them Packer possibilities) are probably ranked higher in this mock draft than others would have it.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:46 AM
I like Pouncey as well but this draft is deep with O-line talent and we can easily find a guard later in the draft.

Also Kyle Wilson provides us with two needs. He gives a depth we need at CB and a KR. We don't even know if Al Harris will be ready by the start of the season so we really need a solid #3 CB.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 01:01 AM
As for the way this draft has fallen, remember, everyone on this site has been given glowing reports from other posters about the people the Packers might draft. So the board favorites (many of them Packer possibilities) are probably ranked higher in this mock draft than others would have it.

Like who? Bulaga has been hyped up on this board and he lasted until the 21st pick. I think everyone did a pretty good job so far.

packrulz
03-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Two points of order:

1) How long are we going to let this run? Should we close it some time on Monday so the "only log into Packerrats at work" folks can get their input?

2) Are we doing a runoff? I voted for Hughes, but it's looking like a two horse race between Davis and Wilson. If it ends up being between two (or three) guys with a high number of votes, we should probably let the people who voted for the guys who only got a handful of votes have some input there too.

Yes, a runoff vote sounds good to me so we can narrow it down to one guy like in the war room. I have to leave it up at least Monday to give more people a chance to vote, then I'll put up a runoff poll Tuesday.

Fred's Slacks
03-21-2010, 07:16 AM
It's not often BPA also fills your greatest need. Davis is a top 10 talent and legit LT prospect. With the most important position on the field (QB) filled for the next decade+, its time to fill the second most important position with a big time prospect.

pbmax
03-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Like who? Bulaga has been hyped up on this board and he lasted until the 21st pick. I think everyone did a pretty good job so far.
I was referring to an earlier comment that several of the players people were hoping to nab with the Packers pick had already been taken. I didn't mean to say they were all gone (though I was surprised by Graham). I was not mocking the mock, it was just one explanation for the observation.

packrulz
03-21-2010, 09:00 AM
It's not often BPA also fills your greatest need. Davis is a top 10 talent and legit LT prospect. With the most important position on the field (QB) filled for the next decade+, its time to fill the second most important position with a big time prospect.
Davis pissed off a lot of scouts because he couldn't work out, and they flew out to see him, so now they're calling him fat and lazy. I think it's a blessing for the Packers, I don't think he'll slip to 23 but I hope so, he's a bulldozer run blocker, I think he could've gone top 10 if he would've been healthy enough to work out. He's supposed to conduct his own workout the 30th, we'll see how he does.

Fred's Slacks
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Davis pissed off a lot of scouts because he couldn't work out, and they flew out to see him, so now they're calling him fat and lazy. I think it's a blessing for the Packers, I don't think he'll slip to 23 but I hope so, he's a bulldozer run blocker, I think he could've gone top 10 if he would've been healthy enough to work out. He's supposed to conduct his own workout the 30th, we'll see how he does.

Well, it looks like we're going to miss out on our guy. I understand the character concerns, but to finally fill LT with a great talent at 23, I can't pass it up. Wilson would be a solid pick though.

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 09:25 AM
This is a writeup on Davis BEFORE all of the talk at and after the combine of him coming off like a slug:

02/24/2010 - 2010 NFL DRAFT SCOUT PRE-COMBINE TOP 64: 23 *Anthony Davis ??? T, Rutgers, 6-6, 325, 1-2: Blessed with all the ability to be as good as he wants to be. But scouts wonder if he is willing to do the work to maximize his tremendous raw athleticism. Davis has an explosive first step, the strength one expects from a man his size, plus footwork and agility one doesn't expect from such a huge person. But he will have to turn up his competitive fire and lower his weight to be consistent in the NFL. He was suspended one game for violating team rules in 2008; benched for a quarter in 2009 for missing a team meeting; and demoted to second team after reporting overweight last year. - Frank Cooney, USA TODAY/NFL Draft Scout

Your classic slug that just doesn't get it. Cetidus Hunt.

ND72
03-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I looked at what we NEED the most.....I figured Davis, Mays, or a RB.

I just think in looking at what Thompson does, Mays is the guy...PLUS, Mays has spent time this offseason in and around Green Bay with his best friend Clay Matthews.

Fred's Slacks
03-21-2010, 10:40 AM

I just think in looking at what Thompson does, Mays is the guy...PLUS, Mays has spent time this offseason in and around Green Bay with his best friend Clay Matthews.

I keep reading that Mays production earlier in his career was due to the star players around him. So I think...how good can he do with Woodson, Collins and Harris around him? I would think pretty darn good.

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Did Mays ever have good production? 2 interceptions in three years? Not exactly a ball hawk.

I'm not a Mays guy.

I'd rather have a guy who was a playmaker in college (Wilson) than a guy who's been around playmakers in college but was never one himself.

Fred's Slacks
03-21-2010, 10:52 AM
This is a writeup on Davis BEFORE all of the talk at and after the combine of him coming off like a slug:

02/24/2010 - 2010 NFL DRAFT SCOUT PRE-COMBINE TOP 64: 23 *Anthony Davis ??? T, Rutgers, 6-6, 325, 1-2: Blessed with all the ability to be as good as he wants to be. But scouts wonder if he is willing to do the work to maximize his tremendous raw athleticism. Davis has an explosive first step, the strength one expects from a man his size, plus footwork and agility one doesn't expect from such a huge person. But he will have to turn up his competitive fire and lower his weight to be consistent in the NFL. He was suspended one game for violating team rules in 2008; benched for a quarter in 2009 for missing a team meeting; and demoted to second team after reporting overweight last year. - Frank Cooney, USA TODAY/NFL Draft Scout

I hear ya JH. If it weren't for the character concerns I think most everyone on here would say he's the pick. Then again, if it wasn't for the character concerns, he probably wouldn't have lasted this long. I'll trust that TT and his staff will do the leg work required to determine whether he's worth the risk at 23. If he's there and we pass, then I'll trust they determined, no. He's not worth it. But based on talent, I think he's a slam dunk here.

Fritz
03-21-2010, 11:00 AM
The more I read, the more I think Pouncey is this year's Steve Hutchinson. Yeah, yeah, he's a guard, no one wants to draft a guard that high, blah blah - but if you do he'll start from day one and be a Pro Bowler for years.

Maybe he's the guy. High upside, low risk, possible immediate help, allows Lang to move outside right.

I wouldn't be upset. But Darryn Colledge would be.

Fred's Slacks
03-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Did Mays ever have good production? 2 interceptions in three years? Not exactly a ball hawk.

I'm not a Mays guy.

I'd rather have a guy who was a playmaker in college (Wilson) than a guy who's been around playmakers in college but was never one himself.

Now I haven't exactly followed USC closely, so I'm not going to pretend I know. But he did have 3 ints as a true freshman. Could it be possible that after being names a second team all american as a true freshman that teams started to game plan for him in subsequent years? I just think this kid could shine in a defense where he's the last db that opposing offenses think about in their game plan. Great range, and I haven't seen him drop an int (even though he hasn't caught a bunch). Hard worker, no charcter concerns. :wink:

I'm not saying he's the next coming, I just don't think we should poo-poo a kid with his ability.

bobblehead
03-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Davis is a slug. We like hard workers here. Charles Brown, I just don't want anymore barely 300 lineman.

Just wait tiil the NFL impliments the HgH testing program they are working on....you'll be begging for a 300 pounder that can get off a couch.

That being said, I have no clue if this kid is clean or not, but I suspect strongly that 70% of the NFL and top colleges are on HgH.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
I like Pouncey as well but this draft is deep with O-line talent and we can easily find a guard later in the draft.

And the knock against Thompson will remain to be that he refuses to use a first round pick on an offensive lineman to solve his OL woes.

I like Pouncey too. I don't think he'd be a tremendous reach where we are picking. I think he is a first round talent, and comes with the added benefit of allowing Lang to move out to RT almost exclusively. It's like finding a new guard AND a new RT all with the same draft pick. If the draft falls this way, Pouncey is my choice.

Wilson gives us depth at CB, that much is most certainly true. But we have depth at CB - it was just shredded last season. 3 DB's were put on IR before Jarrett Bush ever saw the field defensively. I have to assume we aren't going to have that happen to us every year. And it would only be depth as a return man he'd offer, at least to start the season, because Will Blackmon signed his tender offer and will be our return man to begin the season.

Wilson is purely a luxury pick IMO. Pouncey fills an immediate need at LG plus a future need with Lang out at RT. It's a better value for the pick. Again, if the draft falls this way, Pouncey is my choice.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:16 PM

Are you sure about that? I know he has been working out with Clay Matthews but I don't think Clay lives in GB during the offseason.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:33 PM

And the knock against Thompson will remain to be that he refuses to use a first round pick on an offensive lineman to solve his OL woes.

I like Pouncey too. I don't think he'd be a tremendous reach where we are picking. I think he is a first round talent, and comes with the added benefit of allowing Lang to move out to RT almost exclusively. It's like finding a new guard AND a new RT all with the same draft pick. If the draft falls this way, Pouncey is my choice.

Wilson gives us depth at CB, that much is most certainly true. But we have depth at CB - it was just shredded last season. 3 DB's were put on IR before Jarrett Bush ever saw the field defensively. I have to assume we aren't going to have that happen to us every year. And it would only be depth as a return man he'd offer, at least to start the season, because Will Blackmon signed his tender offer and will be our return man to begin the season.

Wilson is purely a luxury pick IMO. Pouncey fills an immediate need at LG plus a future need with Lang out at RT. It's a better value for the pick. Again, if the draft falls this way, Pouncey is my choice.

Yea we had 3 DBs put on IR but two of them have shown nothing to prove they can play CB in the NFL and the other is a 35 year old coming off a serious ACL injury. We don't know if Harris will be ready by the start of the season, and even if he is we don't know what type of player he will be. Pat Lee has shown nothing so far. I understand he was drafted in the 2nd round, but thats nothing to me until he actually shows something on the field. Will Blackmon also is coming off an ACL injury so don't expect him just to return to his old self returning kicks right away.

Kyle Wilson is not a luxury pick and is a greater need then a guard IMO. If drafted he would start the season as our nickel DB instead of having Bush out there and would also be our main return man which was one of the worst last season. We have Spitz and Colledge to battle at LG, Lang will be stayin a tackle either way IMO. Also the draft is loaded with O-line draft so whos to say we can't pick up a solid O-line prospect later in the draft. Not to mention we could also just wait until next season to draft Pouncey. :D

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 12:36 PM
KYLE WILSON

How good of a returner is he ?

I've had a bit of a crush on McCluster because I think he might be projected as a special teams stud. Is Wilson that kind of talent or is he like a Blackmond ?

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:40 PM
KYLE WILSON

How good of a returner is he ?

I've had a bit of a crush on McCluster because I think he might be projected as a special teams stud. Is Wilson that kind of talent or is he like a Blackmond ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUwj7JemkC4

Lurker64
03-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't get the love for Pouncey. Sure he's a good college player who projects well in the NFL, and sure the offensive line leaves something to be desired... but don't we need tackles and not guards or centers? Pouncey seems like purely a luxury pick.

Between Colledge, Spitz, Wells, Evan Dietrich-Smith, and Sitton we don't need to worry that much about the interior OL. They may not be elite, but they'll be able to get the job done. If the Packers pick an offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that guy had better project to tackle in the NFL.

Pouncey just strikes me as a total luxury pick.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
I don't get the love for Pouncey. Sure he's a good college player who projects well in the NFL, and sure the offensive line leaves something to be desired... but don't we need tackles and not guards or centers? Pouncey seems like purely a luxury pick.

Between Colledge, Spitz, Wells, Evan Dietrich-Smith, and Sitton we don't need to worry that much about the interior OL. They may not be elite, but they'll be able to get the job done. If the Packers pick an offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that guy had better project to tackle in the NFL.

Pouncey just strikes me as a total luxury pick.

Exactly, only guard I wouldnt mind us picking is Mike Iupati and thats only because he has the talent to play LT in the NFL.

packrulz
03-21-2010, 01:14 PM

What does Davis have to do with Cletius Hunt? He was 2 minutes late for the meeting, big deal. If Clifton goes down ARod is going to be sacked 6 times a game (again), and you're not going to find a LT nearly as good as AD in the 2nd round. It depends what scout you talk to, some think he'll be a starter at LT:

Davis is a prototypical left tackle in that he is a good foot athlete and has bulk as well as long arms that allow him to get a fit and control opponents as he steers them on by the pocket. He is not a natural knee bender and will let his pads get too far forward as he extends to sustain his blocks. He can slide and shuffle with an edge rusher and has the body control and foot agility to react and adjust to counter moves. He has shown a tendency to gain too much weight and will need to be monitored. He has strong hands and upper body and can swallow opponents up on the run block but does not finish his blocks off as much as he could. He will need some time to develop but could end up as a starting left tackle in a couple of years.

I like Wilson too, but he also has question marks, he's not a great tackler and he gets lost in zone coverage, and the Packers play a lot of zone :
Scouting Report-A lot like Boise State, Wilson probably doesn't get the positive press he deserves. He's got good size for a corner, and is built like an athlete. Which works because he is a very athletic kid. Nice straight line speed, good quickness, and excellent change of direction. The thing that stands out to me in Wilson's game is his ability to play press man. He gets up on the line, does a nice job at the snap with the chuck, and is able to keep himself low and trail wide outs. His backpedal is really technically sound, and overall he's a very polished player. This is a good representation of his experience at Boise State. On the downside of Wilson's game, he's not a great tackler and doesn't show a lot of effort in the run game. Also, for as good as he is in man coverage, his zone skills are lacking. It's like he's better when he has a guy to mirror and chase, but he gets lost at times with zone assignments.

pbmax
03-21-2010, 01:15 PM
The more I read, the more I think Pouncey is this year's Steve Hutchinson. Yeah, yeah, he's a guard, no one wants to draft a guard that high, blah blah - but if you do he'll start from day one and be a Pro Bowler for years.

Maybe he's the guy. High upside, low risk, possible immediate help, allows Lang to move outside right.

I wouldn't be upset. But Darryn Colledge would be.
I think Mike Iupati (or something close to that) is this year's Hutchinson, a Guard only who will get drafted higher than normal for a guard. At least that is what the professional draftniks are babbling.

Pouncey is more Guard/Center. I like to think of him as an athletic Frank Winters. :lol:

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Yea we had 3 DBs put on IR but two of them have shown nothing to prove they can play CB in the NFL and the other is a 35 year old coming off a serious ACL injury. We don't know if Harris will be ready by the start of the season, and even if he is we don't know what type of player he will be. Pat Lee has shown nothing so far. I understand he was drafted in the 2nd round, but thats nothing to me until he actually shows something on the field. Will Blackmon also is coming off an ACL injury so don't expect him just to return to his old self returning kicks right away.

Kyle Wilson is not a luxury pick and is a greater need then a guard IMO. If drafted he would start the season as our nickel DB instead of having Bush out there and would also be our main return man which was one of the worst last season. We have Spitz and Colledge to battle at LG, Lang will be stayin a tackle either way IMO. Also the draft is loaded with O-line draft so whos to say we can't pick up a solid O-line prospect later in the draft. Not to mention we could also just wait until next season to draft Pouncey. :D

If Wilson isn't picked then either Tramon Williams or Pat Lee will start as our nickel back, not Jarrett Bush. And Kyle Wilson hasn't proven any more than Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood have proven. The fact is none of the three have had actual game experience in the NFL to prove anything at all. We don't know if Lee or Underwood can play at this level. We don't know if they can't play at this level either. But don't go and make it sound like Kyle Wilson has proven more than anybody else. He hasn't even been drafted yet.

Lurker64
03-21-2010, 01:23 PM
For those of you advocating for Pouncey, keep in mind that most scouts have Pouncey comparing negatively to Alex Mack or Eric Wood (last year's first round centers).

So for those of you who want to pick Pouncey at 23 in a very deep draft, would you have been advocates for Wood or Mack at the top of the 2nd last year (you know, if they were there and we had a second round pick)?

pbmax
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
You can have a different mindset on the offensive line and do fine. Its different for a defensive lineman. All the grief Smith got last year during the offseason and he had a reasonable rookie year. Had to play left and right side and clearly was not a washout. Listening to the offseason complaint list is dangerous, as teams are emphasizing this info to get players to drop to them.

Remember Clifton was knocked for being too passive and average run blocking. Despite his measurables, he went round 2 for a reason. The better question on Davis might be whether he can pass block like Clifton. Davis gets high marks on run blocking from what little I have read.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 01:32 PM

If Wilson isn't picked then either Tramon Williams or Pat Lee will start as our nickel back, not Jarrett Bush. And Kyle Wilson hasn't proven any more than Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood have proven. The fact is none of the three have had actual game experience in the NFL to prove anything at all. We don't know if Lee or Underwood can play at this level. We don't know if they can't play at this level either. But don't go and make it sound like Kyle Wilson has proven more than anybody else. He hasn't even been drafted yet.

Proven...true....but I definitely think Kyle Wilson has shown more talent in college than either Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood. Better prospect than both and to be honest Lee and Underwood have showed little so far in the pro's while Wilson has not had that shot yet.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Proven...true....but I definitely think Kyle Wilson has shown more talent in college than either Pat Lee or Brandon Underwood. Better prospect than both and to be honest Lee and Underwood have showed little so far in the pro's while Wilson has not had that shot yet.

Well, I don't know. I thought Pat Lee looked pretty good. Underwood was a relative unknown, but if I remember correctly the only reason Lee went so late was because the draft was stock full of top tier CB's that year. And he was put on IR before he got a chance to prove anything last year. Consider the extenuating circumstances when saying that Underwood and Lee haven't proven anything in the pros yet. They haven't had a chance.

RashanGary
03-21-2010, 02:32 PM
The only guard I like with our high pick is the one brandon sited. Mike Iupati and the only reason is because he's such a mauler, he looks like a rare difference maker at guard. A blocker like him gets you more TD's than field goals in the redzone. Pouncey is good, but this is a really deep draft. I'd have a hard time taking a consistent but unspectacular guard/center with the 23rd pick in a really deep draft.

Wilson doesn't have trouble in zone. I've never read that anywhere.

packrulz
03-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Interesting, Mays and Pouncey each got 4 votes so far.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Interesting, Mays and Pouncey each got 4 votes so far.

If I could have used a half vote I'd be split between Wilson and Mays

Joemailman
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM

I hadn't hears that before either. The only real knock against him has been his unenthusiastic tackling in run support. I think that can be addressed easily enough.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 03:34 PM

OK, how am I making it seem like Wilson has proven more than anybody else from what I wrote? :roll: Might want to read that again because what I was saying is that CB is more of a need with the 1st pick then drafting a guard and giving my reasoning why.

Anyway we have two CBs who are coming of ACL injuries and Kyle Wilson would help soften the blow for both of them. Al Harris is not going to be ready when the season starts so Tramon Williams will be our #2 CB. Kyle Wilson will step in as the #3 CB over Pat Lee(who has been on this team 3 years now and has a career 2 tackles with 0 INTs), Underwood who was a 6th rounder who didn't really show much last season for you to think he can handle the #3 job, and J Bush who I'm not going to even waste my time explaining why Wilson would be an upgrade over him.

Kyle Wilson would also handle the KR duties over Will Blackmon who is coming off a ACL injury. Dude is not going to be the same return man when he comes back. Blackmon is also injury prone and you can't rely on him. We also need to start thinking about the future at CB position. Woodson will be 34 next season and we have no one in line to take over the #1 CB spot down the road.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM

I hadn't hears that before either. The only real knock against him has been his unenthusiastic tackling in run support. I think that can be addressed easily enough.

Same, maybe they say he struggles in zone coverage because of his aggressive style of play?

MEASUREMENTS:

Height: 5'10

Weight: 190 pounds

40 time: 4.42 (with a low of 4.32)

THINGS THE SCOUTS GET RIGHT:

Scouts across the NFL love Kyle Wilson's hips. They are fluid and smooth and (can someone just get these guys a room already?). Wilson's hips are a big reason why he excels in coverage. He can move with a receiver and change directions at a moment's notice, and he has the closing speed to break on a ball. His aggressiveness can get him in trouble, but it can also pay off big time with INTs, PBUs, and the occasional pick-six. Wilson can read routes exceptionally well, and he has the ball skills to make a QB think twice before throwing his direction. He can take away a receiver fairly easily.(Sounds like a certain DPOY)
THINGS THE SCOUTS MAY NOT ACCOUNT FOR:

Wilson's aggressiveness can leave him susceptible to double moves or heinous coverage penalties. He can be beat with a well thrown ball, which may make him a No. 2 corner on a good team or a No. 1 on a bad. Scouts should not discount Wilson's leadership abilities or his desire and self-motivation.
NON-FOOTBALL THING YOU MAY FIND ENDEARING/CHARMING/INTERESTING:

He has his own motor home, which is not to say that he owns it but rather that it is a shrine to him.

TOTAL SUMMARY GRADING OF OVER/UNDERRATED:

Wilson is a late first round pick in the majority of mock drafts, which is the perfect amount of ratedness for him. He may very well end up as the top NFL corner from this draft class, but he will not pass DBs like Florida's Joe Haden on draft day thanks to the stigma of Wilson's WAC competition.

Mazzin
03-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Damn, Bran you and Gun are going at it in more then one thread......LOL I LOVE PACKERRATS.COM

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Damn, Bran you and Gun are going at it in more then one thread......LOL I LOVE PACKERRATS.COM

More like he was going at me, I'm just putting him in his place. :)

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 04:03 PM

You are expressing needs that don't exist, like a new RB to split time with Grant. And confusing everybody when you keep implying that Jarrett Bush is our nickel back.

Pat Lee has proven nothing because he has had about as much chance to prove anything as Kyle Wilson. Same goes for Brandon Underwood. Consider that when stating with confidence that he's less talented than the rookie you've fallen in love with.

In the meantime, consider other more pressing needs than CB or RB. A RB to split time with Jackson in mop up duty could be found in the middle rounds. I'm fine with a CB in the second or third round. But as deep as the TOP of this draft is stocked with offensive linemen I think it would be a disservice to the team not to take the best one left available there. The needs on the offensive line are greater than the needs in the defensive backfield IMO. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure the immediate need in the defensive backfield is that great at all.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 04:08 PM

You are expressing needs that don't exist, like a new RB to split time with Grant. And confusing everybody when you keep implying that Jarrett Bush is our nickel back.

Pat Lee has proven nothing because he has had about as much chance to prove anything as Kyle Wilson. Same goes for Brandon Underwood. Consider that when stating with confidence that he's less talented than the rookie you've fallen in love with.

In the meantime, consider other more pressing needs than CB or RB. A RB to split time with Jackson in mop up duty could be found in the middle rounds. I'm fine with a CB in the second or third round. But as deep as the TOP of this draft is stocked with offensive linemen I think it would be a disservice to the team not to take the best one left available there. The needs on the offensive line are greater than the needs in the defensive backfield IMO. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure the immediate need in the defensive backfield is that great at all.

To be fair, I thought Pat Lee was pretty bad year one; if I remember right he was inactive most of that year even when healthy. I feel way more comfortable with Blackmond as being the better player when he's in.

If the OL is there I'm all for it but I don't want TT to take a OL for need if there is a higher rated player there. I think we can use help at a lot of possitions and could pick up a OL in round two as well. The Indiana OT in round two would be nice

pbmax
03-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Outside of an obvious Left Tackle candidate, I think the position of most need of first round talent is pass rushing OLB. But I am not convinced about any of them, esp. if Graham should be gone.

red
03-21-2010, 04:13 PM

To be fair, I thought Pat Lee was pretty bad year one; if I remember right he was inactive most of that year even when healthy. I feel way more comfortable with Blackmond as being the better player when he's in.

If the OL is there I'm all for it but I don't want TT to take a OL for need if there is a higher rated player there. I think we can use help at a lot of possitions and could pick up a OL in round two as well. The Indiana OT in round two would be nice

i'm not 100% possitive on this, but i think i remember that pat lee was a zone CB that was trying to make that transition to a man corner that first year.

and now we've gone to what he was suppose to be best at

a still think theres a good chance both he and blackmon could step up and surprise us this year.

and TT and MM might think that way too. they might think we have no need at all for a CB or RB or OLB or OT

who knows whats going through their heads right now

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 04:20 PM

Aaron Rodgers was pretty bad in year one also. He didn't start to get it until year 3. Nick Collins was AWFUL his first 2 seasons, but I'm pretty sure looking at things today that having patience with him and giving him an opportunity to develop was a pretty smart move. Take that into consideration.

If no first round talent on the OL is left when Thompson is on the clock - which I almost can't see as a possibility in this years draft - then trade down in the first and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th instead. Get your new OL in round 2 and your new CB with return ability with one of your extra 3's. Like I said, I think we're fine in the defensive backfield in 2010. Using a 1st rounder there would be a luxury pick as he wouldn't be on the field as much as a 1st rounder at another position would be. He wouldn't have the same positive impact as an OL would. A first round CB would have about the same impact on the 2010 season as a 4th round CB would.

swede
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Awesome discussion rats. Picking at 23 in a deep draft like this really makes one think about balancing need and bpa. Last year we got knocked out of the playoffs because we couldn't get AZ off the field w/o scoring. We put up plenty of points. I still think this defense needs talent and depth.

After sifting through the different points made by you rats, I think:

1) If one is there, the best remaining OT TT has at a mid-1st rd grade. If no...

2) ...the best remaining pass rushing OLB TT has at a mid-1st rd grade.If no...

3) ...the best remaining DBack TT has at a mid 1st rd grade...if no...

4)...frickin' trade down.

This is why I support the Wilson pick. In our mock it seems to me that we hit option three. In real life an OT may still be there, or, more likely, Brandon Graham.

I wonder, though, if TT is secretly hoping Mays is there.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM

I'm not saying we need a RB to split time with Grant BUT if a RB like Spillier or Matthews falls to us TT has to atleast consider it. Also how I'm confusing Bush being our nickel back? He was our nickel back for half of last season when Harris went down in week 9. Exactly what makes you think Al Harris will be ready by the start of the season? or that Pat Lee will somehow play any different than he has so far?

What are you talking about? Pat Lee has had 2 seasons to prove himself and has shown nothing, he is in the same boat as Justin Harrell. Underwood is decent last season but exactly did he show you to make you think he is worth being a starting CB in this league? Please do tell.

Wow I guess you missed that Cardinals game then, I don't know if you knew this but it was the highest scoring game in NFL playoff history. :roll: Also you just made another point for me, this draft is loaded with O-line talent so if we don't draft a linemen with our 1st pick there will still be talent in the 2nd and 3rd round. Now if the right lineman does fall to us then I'm all for drafting him but if its Bruce Campbell, Anthony Davis, or Charles Brown then I would pass. We have a chance at going deep into the playoffs next season, whats the point of using a 1st rounder on a guy who will sit on the bench instead of drafting a playmaker? You really think if we drafted Spiller or Matthew they would split mop up duty with Jackson? :roll:

pbmax
03-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Do we really need to yell in red? Will you be more right if you scream louder?

There is a disagreement about depth in the D backfield. Will either Gun or Brandon convince the other (or anyone else) on the twelfth post?

How about like adding something that hasn't been discussed. For instance, I do not think the the D backfield was to blame for the worst of the D performance in Arizona. The first would be pass rush. The second would be scheme as Capers choose to leave the safeties deep to help the young CBs on the outside. The third would be the linebacker performance. Fourth, would the performance of the DBs themselves.

No one covered themselves with glory in that game or against Pittsburgh. But they were not alone in deserving blame.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Even if Pat Lee isn't ready at the start of the season, Brandon Underwood is still higher than Bush on the depth chart. In order for Bush to be our nickel back going into the season, neither Harris, Lee, OR Underwood can be ready. Otherwise Bush is buried on the depth chart, exactly how it was last season. He is NOT our nickel back.

Pat Lee has had just one season - his rookie season- to prove anything. Last year he spent on IR. You know that means he can't take the field to prove anything, right? My point isn't that he has proven he belongs in the NFL, it's that he hasn't proven he DOESN'T belong in the NFL. More to the point, is that Kyle Wilson hasn't proven he belongs here either.

I watched the Cardinals game. That wasn't our starting defensive backfield. Unless you figure that we are going to have 3 DB's on injured reserve every single season then at least admit they were scraping from the bottom of their roster to finish the season. Josh Bell should not be in the game, nor should Jarrett Bush. If we didn't have 3 DB's on IR for that Cardinals game then we wouldn't be seeing Jarrett Bush on the field. Get it? Don't use that game as your example, because it simply proves mine.

The draft is loaded at the top with OL talent. At the TOP is where we should snag one. I have no doubt a 2nd round OL will be fine, but a 1st round OL will likely be better wouldn't you say? That being our #1 need AND the #1 talented position at the TOP of the draft, wouldn't you agree that our #1 pick would be best spent there?

Lastly, what do we need our backup RB to do? We aren't asking him to pick up large chunks of yards. We aren't asking him to split time with Grant. We're asking him to come in on third down and pick up a blitz to give Rodgers time to throw. We're asking him to sneak out into the flat to catch a dumpoff pass and make a play in the open field. Are you really suggesting we need to spend a first or second round pick on a guy who may only see the field 10 times a game? Grant is a workhorse - I want him to get 25 or more carries in every single game he plays. Check the stats, when Grant gets that many carries the Packers win. When the Packers win everybody is happy, right? Why do you want to reduce the number of carries he gets?

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Do we really need to yell in red? Will you be more right if you scream louder?

haha yea Im yelling at my computer max :lol:

Joemailman
03-21-2010, 04:40 PM

i'm not 100% possitive on this, but i think i remember that pat lee was a zone CB that was trying to make that transition to a man corner that first year.

and now we've gone to what he was suppose to be best at

a still think theres a good chance both he and blackmon could step up and surprise us this year.

and TT and MM might think that way too. they might think we have no need at all for a CB or RB or OLB or OT

who knows whats going through their heads right now

When Lee was drafted, he was seen as a physical CB who could play the Packers style of press coverage. TT alluded to that when he was drafted. Last year he never moved past Will Blackmon on the depth chart before he was hurt. Playing off more is probably the adjustment he has to make. Too early to give up on him, but he has a lot to prove.

get louder at lambeau
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Will you be more right if you scream louder?

That depends. If you're at Lambeau, and the visiting team has the ball, then HELL YES you'll be more right if you scream louder.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Aaron Rodgers was pretty bad in year one also. He didn't start to get it until year 3. Nick Collins was AWFUL his first 2 seasons, but I'm pretty sure looking at things today that having patience with him and giving him an opportunity to develop was a pretty smart move. Take that into consideration.

If no first round talent on the OL is left when Thompson is on the clock - which I almost can't see as a possibility in this years draft - then trade down in the first and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th instead. Get your new OL in round 2 and your new CB with return ability with one of your extra 3's. Like I said, I think we're fine in the defensive backfield in 2010. Using a 1st rounder there would be a luxury pick as he wouldn't be on the field as much as a 1st rounder at another position would be. He wouldn't have the same positive impact as an OL would. A first round CB would have about the same impact on the 2010 season as a 4th round CB would.

Honestly I'm fine with this logic; I'd add one more thing to it. If the top four OT's are off the board, I'd rather trade down then pick the next best one. Whether we take the OT with a high 2nd or a low 2nd I don't think will matter much. I agree with PB in that OL, and a stellar pass rusher (I don't care if it's a DE or OLB) are the two things I hope to get most.

But with that being said, I'd still put trust in TT if he picked up a RB or Mays early on as well.

Bretsky
03-21-2010, 05:26 PM
The draft is loaded at the top with OL talent. At the TOP is where we should snag one. I have no doubt a 2nd round OL will be fine, but a 1st round OL will likely be better wouldn't you say? That being our #1 need AND the #1 talented position at the TOP of the draft, wouldn't you agree that our #1 pick would be best spent there?
?

THIS is where I can't agree with you; although I may be misrepresenting your message.

If say, a top tier pass rusher falls to our pick and the top tier of OT are gone, I say grab the pass rusher and see who falls in round two to us. Or even if a guy who we have as a top 15 grade....you probably take that player and go OL with the second round.

A guy like the Indiana OT may be just as good as the 5th and 6th that we might be choosing from. I'd rather end up with whatever combo gives us the two best players.

Lurker64
03-21-2010, 08:06 PM
This poll has now been open 25 hours and some change. Right now it's looking like the top four are:

Kyle Wilson (8)
Anthony Davis (6)
Maurkice Pouncey (4)
Taylor Mays (4)

With other players getting a total of four votes, an additional four being enough for any of the above to take the top spot.

Should we do a runoff with just these four players in a new thread?

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I say we just keep it how it is so we can continue on with the rest of the draft.

swede
03-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I guess I'd suggest getting your 3rd poll with the four players you mentioned ready now. Keep it open 24 hours and we can then proceed with the draft in the old thread on Tuesday am.

red
03-21-2010, 08:33 PM
i agree

kyle wilson is in the lead

kyle wilson is the pick

next

no need for a runoff votes were only cast for 7 players to begin with. you're only asking for 4 people to revote. why waste time

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 08:37 PM
?

THIS is where I can't agree with you; although I may be misrepresenting your message.

If say, a top tier pass rusher falls to our pick and the top tier of OT are gone, I say grab the pass rusher and see who falls in round two to us. Or even if a guy who we have as a top 15 grade....you probably take that player and go OL with the second round.

A guy like the Indiana OT may be just as good as the 5th and 6th that we might be choosing from. I'd rather end up with whatever combo gives us the two best players.

Well the first misunderstanding here is that the OL we draft automatically has to be a tackle. If we could get a stud guard it works as both a guard and tackle, since a stud guard means TJ Lang isn't practicing at guard anymore. A stud guard in the draft equals both a stud guard and a promising RT for the Packers going forward. On top of that, a stud guard means Daryn Colledge is riding pine, either this year or next.

The top tier of OL is deep enough IMO that it should last into the early second round. Pro bowl OL will be had in round 2. But I don't think they last until the last third of the round for us to pick one up. We'll be getting a second tier OL if we wait till the second round. We have plenty of those on our roster already, I want better out of this years draft class. If we were picking top 10 like last year I would feel more comfortable waiting until our second pick. But we're not.

Lurker64
03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
The problem with polls like these, is that it punishes people who vote early on since the results are not hidden. I was the first person to vote, and I voted for Jerry Hughes. If I had voted, say, 18 hours later there was no way I would vote for Mr. Hughes since there was no possibility that he would win. I would instead switch my vote to the my #2 choice, which is "the best offensive tackle available".

If you count that vote and the assumed that the lone person who voted for Charles Brown would vote for another left tackle, then suddenly Wilson and Davis are tied.

How about we just do a runoff between Davis and Wilson, so 12 people can revote, while 14 other people can stay with their current vote, if they want?

It would be nice if we could work out out so the winner of the Packer Pick Poll in this mock at least received a majority of all votes, rather than a simple plurality.

red
03-21-2010, 08:46 PM
?

Well the first misunderstanding here is that the OL we draft automatically has to be a tackle. If we could get a stud guard it works as both a guard and tackle, since a stud guard means TJ Lang isn't practicing at guard anymore. A stud guard in the draft equals both a stud guard and a promising RT for the Packers going forward. On top of that, a stud guard means Daryn Colledge is riding pine, either this year or next.

The top tier of OL is deep enough IMO that it should last into the early second round. Pro bowl OL will be had in round 2. But I don't think they last until the last third of the round for us to pick one up. We'll be getting a second tier OL if we wait till the second round. We have plenty of those on our roster already, I want better out of this years draft class. If we were picking top 10 like last year I would feel more comfortable waiting until our second pick. But we're not.

the way it looks right now theres only two guys in the top tier for tackles (okung, baluga), then there's a bit of a drop to guys with a few question marks. that's your second tier, with like 3 or 4 guys

i see one guy all alone in the top tier for guards, and he might go top 20

the one top tier o-lineman that has a good chance of being the is pouncey the center

so the way i look at it, the draft is deep in second tier guys, and no so much the big ones

Joemailman
03-21-2010, 08:57 PM
It's funny how some people think the Packers have to draft an OT on the 1st round to replace Chad Clifton who was a mid 2nd round pick. Clifton was the 5th OT taken in 2000, and that was a bad year for OT's. There will be players available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with the potential to be as good as Clifton. And let's be clear here: Potential is all we're talking about. This is not an exact science, to say the least.

Brandon494
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
It's funny how some people think the Packers have to draft an OT on the 1st round to replace Chad Clifton who was a mid 2nd round pick. Clifton was the 5th OT taken in 2000, and that was a bad year for OT's. There will be players available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with the potential to be as good as Clifton. And let's be clear here: Potential is all we're talking about. This is not an exact science, to say the least.

Plus do we really want to use our 1st rounder who will sit on the bench? An O-linemen I would love for us to end up drafting is guard Mike Iupati out of Idaho. He has enough talent to play LT in the future but he could start for us at LG next season. Its a win-win situtation, get a starter at LG and a future LT. I don't know if he'll fall to us but would be a great pick IMO.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 09:25 PM
the one top tier o-lineman that has a good chance of being the is pouncey the center

Pouncey can play guard. Or he can play center and Scottie Wells could be another backup swing lineman along with Spitz. And if Spitz were to win the LG spot over Colledge then we could let either he or Wells go altogether. But he'd be starting, something I'm not sure I can say about that second round class of OL. If he's available, as our own mock has him, he's the guy. Like I said in the thread, "if the draft falls this way, Pouncey is my pick." If he's gone, or one of your 3 other top tier OL are available, or a stud pass rushing OLB to complement CMIII, then I consider going in another direction. If he's the only top tier guy left, and he's there for us when we're put on the clock, I think it's worth a great deal of consideration at least.

Keep it how it is. Wilson can be the official PR pick. I just hope that when the actual draft comes TT finds a better way to upgrade our roster, as I don't think Wilson will even be in a position to add a great deal to what we had when everyone was healthy early last season.

Gunakor
03-21-2010, 09:34 PM

I don't think we need a LT specifically. I think we need an offensive lineman that doesn't play right guard. Sitton is really the only guy we have on that line that I'm happy with long term.

packrulz
03-22-2010, 05:24 AM
This poll has now been open 25 hours and some change. Right now it's looking like the top four are:

Kyle Wilson (8)
Anthony Davis (6)
Maurkice Pouncey (4)
Taylor Mays (4)

With other players getting a total of four votes, an additional four being enough for any of the above to take the top spot.

Should we do a runoff with just these four players in a new thread?

I think we should stick to the original plan, there's only 28 votes so far, people were busy on the weekend, I think some more might vote Monday at work. The runoff will only include the top 2 players, so we can narrow it down to one guy. I think all 8 of these guys are quality athletes, I wouldn't consider any one of them a reach at 23, there is just lively discussion on who is the best, which I enjoy also. Give it one more day and I'll post up the runoff poll. :?:

RashanGary
03-22-2010, 05:58 AM
This whole, "best OT available" thing is the same logic that landed us Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas. Oh yeah, back to drafting for need!!

mission
03-22-2010, 06:50 AM
I would choose Wilson on a re-vote if that counts for anything

RashanGary
03-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Wilson has almost double the votes Davis has. I don't see why we should have a run off. There is a closer run off between 2nd place than there is between 1st.

I understand the logic for a run off, if there were two really close candidates, but they're not close. I don't think Packer fans want a slug. We've had slugs in the past. It never works out.

ThunderDan
03-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Wilson has almost double the votes Davis has. I don't see why we should have a run off. There is a closer run off between 2nd place than there is between 1st.

I understand the logic for a run off, if there were two really close candidates, but they're not close. I don't think Packer fans want a slug. We've had slugs in the past. It never works out.

I don't know about a runoff but saying Wilson is way out in front is silly. Almost 2/3s of the people who voted didn't pick Wilson. That isn't as clear as a winner as you think it is.

RashanGary
03-22-2010, 08:23 AM
If we do a run off, some of those other players who had almost the same number of votes as Davis should be in. They're close too. Only reason you narrow it down to Davis and Wilson is if you want Davis and have control of the poll :)

Davis is as close to a tie for 7th as he is for an outright lead in 1st.

I've seen runoffs before and they are if two players run away. That didn't happen here. It's one guy, then a group of three after him. They're hoping to get the Pouncey votes by virtue of those people wanting OL, then suck some fo the Mays votes becuase those votes are probably high upside over football players votes. I don't like the way this thing is shaking out. I think Wilson deserves it.

mission
03-22-2010, 08:59 AM

I don't know about a runoff but saying Wilson is way out in front is silly. Almost 2/3s of the people who voted didn't pick Wilson. That isn't as clear as a winner as you think it is.

I get your point but still think that IS pretty clear considering the amount of possibilities. If it was down to two or three people then I'd agree with you more... as is, I'm kind of surprised there's even that much concentration on one candidate with a draft (and position) this wide open.

RashanGary
03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
But to be honest, if it's a runoff, I don't mind either. None of these guys are my top guys. Matthews and Iupati are the two I'm hoping for (and even they are somewhat luxury picks but I think they're great).

I'm not going to pick any of these guys with my Philly pick next. I'm going to take a bit of a surprise pick, but we don't need him at all, so I'm not considering him with the Packers pick.

pbmax
03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
There is a clear Boise State bias in this poll. I think we should send it back to committee.

rbaloha1
03-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Selected Taylor Mays from the list -- too much talent to pass-up.

Brandon494
03-22-2010, 11:12 AM
There is a clear Boise State bias in this poll. I think we should send it back to committee. Who on this board is a Boise St fan? It has nothing to do with bias, ever think it might just have to do with Wilson being a stud CB and PR?

pbmax
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
There is a clear Boise State bias in this poll. I think we should send it back to committee. Who on this board is a Boise St fan? It has nothing to do with bias, ever think it might just have to do with Wilson being a stud CB and PR?
Joke.

Will packrulz be doing the runoff poll?

Brandon494
03-22-2010, 12:35 PM
My fault, didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

packrulz
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
If we do a run off, some of those other players who had almost the same number of votes as Davis should be in. They're close too. Only reason you narrow it down to Davis and Wilson is if you want Davis and have control of the poll :)

Davis is as close to a tie for 7th as he is for an outright lead in 1st.

I've seen runoffs before and they are if two players run away. That didn't happen here. It's one guy, then a group of three after him. They're hoping to get the Pouncey votes by virtue of those people wanting OL, then suck some fo the Mays votes becuase those votes are probably high upside over football players votes. I don't like the way this thing is shaking out. I think Wilson deserves it.

Wilson only has 3 more points than Davis, so quit your whining. :cry:

packrulz
03-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Joke.

Will packrulz be doing the runoff poll?

Yes, I'm trying to get a consensus pick, just like in the Packers war room. Not easy, is it?

Lurker64
03-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Might as well keep voting on as many candidates as our emcee wants, until somebody gets a majority of the votes. They do presidential elections in some countries like this!

packrulz
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Might as well keep voting on as many candidates as our emcee wants, until somebody gets a majority of the votes. They do presidential elections in some countries like this!

Uh, the runoff vote was your idea.

Lurker64
03-22-2010, 05:20 PM

Uh, the runoff vote was your idea.

Not saying it's a bad idea at all, I'm just enthusiastic. Why? I have no idea.